Author Topic: Cosplay  (Read 144707 times)

Athena

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • previously Luth Nightbreeze
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: Cosplay
« Reply #690 on: May 15, 2017, 05:13:34 PM »
GeiYin, cool costume! And that hat is hilarious :'D
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

EOL

• Je suis un troll français, achevez-moi.
  • Preferred pronouns: As you want, it doesn't bother me ^o^
« Reply #691 on: May 16, 2017, 06:17:08 AM »
Fabulous !
From the far and the deep of the Silent world.

Windfighter

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Theologian of the Minnion Church
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #692 on: May 22, 2017, 12:21:48 PM »
A wig I had ordered arrived today so of course I had to do this:

The wig is a little short but *shrugs*
Fluent: :sweden:
Decent: :uk:
Phrases: :spain: / :japan:
:book1+:

My stories frequently features themes such as death, suicide, mourning, etc; I cannot give precise warnings for each individual stories, as it would spoil the intrigues.

P__

« Reply #693 on: May 22, 2017, 04:05:26 PM »
Awesome!
Wig may be a bit short for a Sigrun, but it still looks mighty fine on you (besides, we can say it's shortly after she cut her hair very short because combing it was a bore and un-combed hair kept catching in branches)
:book2: aye: :france: :portugal: :uk:
:book3: meh: :italy: :germany: :spain: :sweden:
:book4: :betterhat: :hat:
:chap5: :A2chap01: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

Windfighter

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Theologian of the Minnion Church
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #694 on: May 22, 2017, 04:37:01 PM »
Awesome!
Wig may be a bit short for a Sigrun, but it still looks mighty fine on you (besides, we can say it's shortly after she cut her hair very short because combing it was a bore and un-combed hair kept catching in branches)

Thank yooooou <3 (and yes, that's totally what happened. I'm going with that now. Or that she got trollgoo all over it and it wouldn't wash out or something)
Fluent: :sweden:
Decent: :uk:
Phrases: :spain: / :japan:
:book1+:

My stories frequently features themes such as death, suicide, mourning, etc; I cannot give precise warnings for each individual stories, as it would spoil the intrigues.

starfallz

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • MiSSSSionary
« Reply #695 on: May 22, 2017, 05:01:07 PM »

Looks good!!
Fluent: :usa: Rusty: :japan: Uh, what? :sweden:
Chapter Break Survivor: :artd: : :chap5: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #696 on: May 22, 2017, 05:22:09 PM »
Or that she got trollgoo all over it and it wouldn't wash out or something)
Y'know, claiming that someone is immune against something doesn't mean that ample amounts thereof still cannot possibly cause hair loss ...

[eyes Trond]
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

GeiYin

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • A cosmonaut... someday
« Reply #697 on: May 23, 2017, 07:43:22 AM »

wow! good looking! i really like the pattert on fabric!!

Also, i have a question to all of you. I got one of the photoshoots that we had in winter fully done by now and... i dunno where i want to post it (and is this so necessary or not)
I mean, it seems more like mature content, but there's no 'cosplay' theme on mature board yet, even if i read in rules about that, and everything with photos is ok by rules, so... it could be created, but i don't want to create it by myself (so, i guess, i can ask the admins, right?) 
I also have second variant: to post it on tumbler for anyone who wants to find it
(but the reason i don't want this variant is this 'anyone'. Because when it's just the closed board on fanforum i can be sure that people who watch this understand what cosplay means: it's just an actor play to share the love to the characters, and not the purpose to show the body... )

So the question is, do i need to contact the admins, or you don't want such content at all?

I'm talking about the continue that i haven't posted yet to those photos that you could see already on my tumbler
Spoiler: show

Native:  :russia:
Can read:  :uk: / :usa:
Dream goal: :germany:

:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18:

Cosplaying, drawing bonfires, writing in ruSSSSian

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
« Reply #698 on: May 23, 2017, 09:17:25 AM »

Nice wig and get-up :) (and the troll goo scenario is easily accepted too)

Also, i have a question to all of you. I got one of the photoshoots that we had in winter fully done by now and... i dunno where i want to post it (and is this so necessary or not)
I mean, it seems more like mature content, but there's no 'cosplay' theme on mature board yet, even if i read in rules about that, and everything with photos is ok by rules, so... it could be created, but i don't want to create it by myself (so, i guess, i can ask the admins, right?) 
I also have second variant: to post it on tumbler for anyone who wants to find it
(but the reason i don't want this variant is this 'anyone'. Because when it's just the closed board on fanforum i can be sure that people who watch this understand what cosplay means: it's just an actor play to share the love to the characters, and not the purpose to show the body... )

So the question is, do i need to contact the admins, or you don't want such content at all?

I'm talking about the continue that i haven't posted yet to those photos that you could see already on my tumbler

You shouldn't be shy about making new threads ^_^ If a thread doesn't already exist then feel free to make a new one. For this instance however, I'll go ahead and make a thread in the mature section for you to post these. You are obviously a very talented cosplayer, and I can understand that you would want to share your work, but only in a safe place. I'll ask the other admins what they think, but for now you can post it there. The mature section rules don't allow for actual nakedness, but if it is just implied I think it should be ok.

Spoiler: NSFW rule • show

Don't post material that involves real people. The only exception to this rule is cosplay, and only if things are kept PG-13. We allow shippy couple cosplay photos but we don't allow erotic content and clothes must stay on. If in doubt, ask an admin before posting!

« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 09:22:06 AM by Gwenno »
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

GeiYin

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • A cosmonaut... someday
« Reply #699 on: June 27, 2017, 10:52:59 AM »
How to be mentaly prepared for next Thursday now?

Answear: there's no way to be prepared for this......

(Yes it's still a photo, we made in January... but... it's still actual)
Native:  :russia:
Can read:  :uk: / :usa:
Dream goal: :germany:

:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18:

Cosplaying, drawing bonfires, writing in ruSSSSian

starfallz

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • MiSSSSionary
« Reply #700 on: June 27, 2017, 08:52:15 PM »
 <3 <3 <3
Fluent: :usa: Rusty: :japan: Uh, what? :sweden:
Chapter Break Survivor: :artd: : :chap5: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Athena

• previously Luth Nightbreeze
« Reply #701 on: July 05, 2017, 12:26:56 AM »
I know this is the SSSS cosplay thread, but since there's no aRTD cosplay thread, this may as well go here.

I recently discovered that my hair is the perfect length and waviness to cosplay Tuomi! All I need to do now is act like an angry teenager and and I'm set. And I'm already half of that! Time to make a kantele.
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #702 on: July 05, 2017, 02:44:56 AM »
Nice wig and get-up :) (and the troll goo scenario is easily accepted too)

You shouldn't be shy about making new threads ^_^ If a thread doesn't already exist then feel free to make a new one. For this instance however, I'll go ahead and make a thread in the mature section for you to post these. You are obviously a very talented cosplayer, and I can understand that you would want to share your work, but only in a safe place. I'll ask the other admins what they think, but for now you can post it there. The mature section rules don't allow for actual nakedness, but if it is just implied I think it should be ok.

Spoiler: NSFW rule • show

Don't post material that involves real people. The only exception to this rule is cosplay, and only if things are kept PG-13. We allow shippy couple cosplay photos but we don't allow erotic content and clothes must stay on. If in doubt, ask an admin before posting!

I'm late to the party as usual, but as another admin I 100% endorse what Gwenno said re:
1) Please feel free to make new threads (in general);
2) Yes, this is more suitable for the Mature section than this one.  There, implied nakedness is OK as long as nothing's showing that a modest swimsuit would cover (and the scenario isn't too hair-raising).  We tend to be more conservative about photos than sketches and similar formats because the greater realism is more.... um, impactful.   ;)
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

danbackslide

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #703 on: July 14, 2017, 12:51:32 AM »
So, um, does it count as SSSS cosplay if I put this on the side of my space helmet?

decemberwynn

• Super-Newbie
  • I like making things
« Reply #704 on: September 25, 2017, 04:09:40 AM »
Hello! I'm rather new to the forum, and I've enjoyed going thru this thread and the applied arts thread. I'm starting an SSSS cosplay myself, and I thought participating in this thread would be nice motivation. I've started doing some trim hand embroidery (crochet thread size 3/5 on wool)

Also please forgive me if my image does not post - this is my first time trying to use the image function on this forum.
native :usa:
conversational :norway: