Author Topic: Chapter Break Filler - Planning and Organization  (Read 39835 times)

thegreyarea

• Skald
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Proud Guardian of Cabo Ruivo Seaport (Lisbon)
Re: Chapter Break Filler - Planning and Organization
« Reply #270 on: March 04, 2021, 09:23:19 AM »
Maybe a prompt could be, Weird Objects a Troll Lives Inside?  We've seen various vehicles and buildings and bits of moss and bark utilised hermit-crab fashion, what else can an ingenious former person shelter inside?

(Oh Lordy, I may have just found my InkTober theme for the year...)
That's an excellent idea, Wave! Almost anything can be turned into a troll shell with some imagination... *Imagines a SSSS/DW crossover with a Tardis Troll* :)

I'm also very glad with all the enthusiasm about the chapter break filler. Keep Looking, you have my (our) gratitude!

(and thanks Jitter for the organization. I'll be ready to do my best when the time comes)
Chapter break survivor: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:
Languages: :pt: :br: Capable: :gb: Can read and survive: :es: Knows a bit: :fr: :it:

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #271 on: March 04, 2021, 10:30:01 AM »
Jitter, I was trying to do research for my story, and discovered that I can’t find the original comic reference to that particular bear beast. Where should I look, please? I wanted to get started early to give me something apart from work to fill my evenings. It is far too quiet here with Star in hospital and writing may fill some of the time!
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

thegreyarea

• Skald
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Proud Guardian of Cabo Ruivo Seaport (Lisbon)
« Reply #272 on: March 04, 2021, 02:18:34 PM »
Jitter, I was trying to do research for my story, and discovered that I can’t find the original comic reference to that particular bear beast. Where should I look, please? I wanted to get started early to give me something apart from work to fill my evenings. It is far too quiet here with Star in hospital and writing may fill some of the time!
I'm sure that Jitter won't mind me pointing the way. :)
Montti is the bear beast that looks like a frog. It's on page 351, on the lower right corner. http://www.sssscomic.com/comic2.php?page=351
Chapter break survivor: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:
Languages: :pt: :br: Capable: :gb: Can read and survive: :es: Knows a bit: :fr: :it:

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

Róisín

« Reply #273 on: March 04, 2021, 10:19:48 PM »
Thank you Grey! I can do something with that!

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
« Reply #274 on: March 07, 2021, 06:54:55 AM »
With so many prompts we seem to have some that aren’t selling well. How do you feel if I add some more forest-themes as alternatives to the unclaimed ones?

Also I could take Pöppö as a second one but I don’t want to have to consequtive ones, so would it be bad form if I moved Pöppö further and one of the unclaimed bear prompts (possibly with an alternative forest option) to the sexond day?
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

Róisín

« Reply #275 on: March 07, 2021, 08:24:01 AM »
Do we yet know in what order you want the works? Or should we just send them to you as we finish?

Jitter

• Valkyrie
« Reply #276 on: March 07, 2021, 10:50:47 AM »
They are numbered with 1=first day of break. The actual date will be given when we know when break starts. But the order is as listed (unless I move the Pöppö one further on).

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

Róisín

« Reply #277 on: March 09, 2021, 12:15:49 AM »
Jitter, I have finished my piece for the chapter break filler. Should I PM it to you on the Forum? If you have another unloved prompt that nobody else wants, perhaps I could do another?

Róisín

« Reply #278 on: March 09, 2021, 07:43:09 AM »
Hi Jitter! I have PMd my piece to you, since I am having internet problems and wanted to send my story out while I could. Star, who knows how to sort out internet problems, is still in hospital and likely will be for at least another week or two. Let me know if it arrives, and feel free to edit or rearrange as needed.

And in the interests of keeping myself occupied: did you have any prompts left untaken for which you don’t think anyone will step up?

Jitter

• Valkyrie
« Reply #279 on: March 09, 2021, 01:07:46 PM »
Thank you Róisín!

Please don’t feel like you have to do two. But if you want, maybe you could take 22. Hunting and/or game.

Since Róisín is already finished with Möntti, I will shuffle the prompts a bit to put Möntti towards the beginning and move Pöppö further. If anyone is considering it, they’ll maybe find it easier if it’s further away. And if not, I can take it as a second.

Maglor

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #280 on: March 09, 2021, 01:45:00 PM »
Well, my thing can also be considered ready. I'm only waitng for waverwright's final cut.
Native: Russian.
Fluent: English.
Understandable: Belorussian and Ukrainian.
A bit: French.

Jitter

• Valkyrie
« Reply #281 on: March 09, 2021, 02:50:18 PM »
I have now added some alternatives on the still unclaimed prompts, go see if they give you further inspiration! They are in p 15 of this thread.

Maglor, good to know! You are welcome to claim another one, if the writing frenzy won’t let go of you! Of course only if you want to, one work is plenty already!

Maglor

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #282 on: March 09, 2021, 03:56:03 PM »
I'll continue on my story. Your reaction on the first part will tell me, should I publish next.
Native: Russian.
Fluent: English.
Understandable: Belorussian and Ukrainian.
A bit: French.

Róisín

« Reply #283 on: March 09, 2021, 04:04:32 PM »
I can do hunting/game. Thanks!

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #284 on: March 09, 2021, 08:37:35 PM »
Works and links to images hosted elsewhere can be PMed to me, thanks.  (I have Róisín's submission now, as well as some others.)  I will manage the posting of works, generally to appear around midnight (Forum time) on their scheduled day.  (I believe Forum time is set for the US Eastern time zone.)
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior