Author Topic: Anime Discussion  (Read 76641 times)

Sc0ut

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
Re: Anime Discussion
« Reply #405 on: October 14, 2015, 08:54:37 AM »
*muffled* I knoooooooooooooow

Oh! I remember when you made this! I knew nothing about Haikyuu back then though so I didn't realise how awesome it was :)
I just got to the part where Kenma just runs away from Kageyama's question barrage and had to laugh again at how Lalli the whole thing is.

Olive3-3

• DeviantArt
« Reply #406 on: October 18, 2015, 07:17:03 PM »
Finished angel beats! It's was amazing. I didn't cry until the last episode, then I completely broke. But it was so happy!
-Olive

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #407 on: October 19, 2015, 08:46:59 AM »
I don't know if anyone has mentioned it already, but I just watched Ore monogatari which was hilarious and really cute at the same time ^w^

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #408 on: March 12, 2016, 02:23:40 PM »
I finally caught up to the latest episode of Erased/Boku Dake ga Inai Machi (which isn't that hard since there's only 9 of them atm), and it's pre-tty a-mazing. I didn't think I would like it when my co-worker described it to me, but I really did. It's like one of those 'emotional rollercoaster' animes; sometimes warm and fuzzy, sometimes really, really tense and brooding.

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #409 on: March 12, 2016, 02:52:51 PM »
I finally caught up to the latest episode of Erased/Boku Dake ga Inai Machi (which isn't that hard since there's only 9 of them atm), and it's pre-tty a-mazing. I didn't think I would like it when my co-worker described it to me, but I really did. It's like one of those 'emotional rollercoaster' animes; sometimes warm and fuzzy, sometimes really, really tense and brooding.

NOOO FIMBY WHY???

*eyes animelist*

And there 99 gets added...
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Nietos

« Reply #410 on: March 12, 2016, 02:55:41 PM »
Omg finally somebody else who's watching Bokudake! It's definitely one of this season's best series (along with Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju, which is a really good historical drama) and a great anime overall. I was looking up info on the voice actors and found that quite a few of them have never done in voice acting in anime before! I think the reason I find the protagonist's (adult) voice so pleasing is because the actor hasn't worked with anime before (he's a live action actor) and sounds fresh and unique. Kinda... downplayed? without being at all flat or underacting is how I'd describe it.
I'm kinda worried how they're gonna handle the rest of the series, though, since there are so few episodes left and quite a bit of material from manga to cover. So far they've done as well as can be expected when a 8-volume manga gets adapted into a short TV anime.

princeofdoom

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Preferred pronouns: he or they
« Reply #411 on: March 12, 2016, 04:10:07 PM »
For anyone who likes fantasy anime, I've been watching "Tactics" (they have them at the library here uwu) and "Satan is a Part-Timer", which has some serious elements but is mostly comedic.
Native :usa:
Rusty (and other issues) :japan: :france:
Learning :russia:
Starting :finland:

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #412 on: March 12, 2016, 04:27:22 PM »

Sounds good. I've just done re-watching a few other emotional rollercoasters such as Mononoke (the one with the Medicine Seller, not the Ghibli one), Paranoia Agent, 5 Centimeters Per Second and Mouryou no Hako so... yes, this might be a great continuation to those!
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #413 on: March 12, 2016, 04:43:08 PM »
Sounds good. I've just done re-watching a few other emotional rollercoasters such as Mononoke (the one with the Medicine Seller, not the Ghibli one), Paranoia Agent, 5 Centimeters Per Second and Mouryou no Hako so... yes, this might be a great continuation to those!

Hrollo has draged me into Mononoke... at some point I binged it. That one has an amazing drawing style for sure. Currently I am trying to finish Mushishi while starting with House of five leaves.

Mouryou no Hako was on the list already but .... Paranoya Agent is on, too now *sigh*

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Helia

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #414 on: March 12, 2016, 05:53:26 PM »
Hrollo has draged me into Mononoke... at some point I binged it. That one has an amazing drawing style for sure. Currently I am trying to finish Mushishi while starting with House of five leaves.

Mouryou no Hako was on the list already but .... Paranoya Agent is on, too now *sigh*

Mononoke's style is amazing indeed, and the House of five leaves was interesting too.
But I think my all time favourite is still Seirei no Moribito.
native: :hungary:  fluent: :uk:  special: :germany:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #415 on: March 12, 2016, 05:57:22 PM »
NOOO FIMBY WHY???

*eyes animelist*

And there 99 gets added...

At least make it top 20 or something.

It's not on the Madoka level of rollercoaster, just to be clear on that. As in it's not actively trying to wreck you emotionally.

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #416 on: March 12, 2016, 06:23:30 PM »
But I think my all time favourite is still Seirei no Moribito.
*Has immediately a song in mind*
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Athena

• previously Luth Nightbreeze
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #417 on: March 12, 2016, 07:18:31 PM »

Erased is so good!! My friends and I have been watching the episodes together at lunch every Thursday. :P
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #418 on: March 13, 2016, 05:41:14 AM »
At least make it top 20 or something.

it has to stay 99 sadly until I can update my flip through and categorize schedule... there is so many I just shortly glimpsed at yet. Bebop started somewhere down on the list as "not important but eh you should it is a classic" XD.

*carefullymovesawayfromanimetopicastonotaddmoresuggestions*

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Vafhudr

• Ranger
« Reply #419 on: March 13, 2016, 11:50:10 AM »
If anyone wants an emotional rollercoaster, they can jump the one I am on right now. I am watching Legend of the Galactic Heroes.There are moments in that show that legitimately upset me. Fortunately, I am almost done with it.
Language: :france::uk:
Some notions: :vaticancity: :greece:
A nostalgia for utopia...