Author Topic: Anime Discussion  (Read 76880 times)

bread

Re: Anime Discussion
« Reply #375 on: August 02, 2015, 08:59:28 PM »
I'll join you in the corner! I used to love Kekkaishi. There was a network that would play anime late at night, and I would stay up and watch it.

YASS, more people who knows what I'm talking about. I mostly just read the manga series and only recently heard about the anime series. I'm hoping that I will watch it soon.
Spoiler: important plot point • show
Is the anime series good, I heard it only goes up to the Yoshimori defeats Kaguro?

bread

« Reply #376 on: August 03, 2015, 05:17:49 AM »
What's it about?
Kekkaishi is a shōnen series mainly centred around a boy called Yoshimori who protects the Karasumoi site from ayakashi which is also his high school. It's pretty good manga series and I feel that I insulted the plot because alot more is actually going on and what I said probably made it look boring, not to sure about the anime though but it seems like it is good.

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #377 on: August 03, 2015, 05:38:40 AM »
I know there are tons of websites where you can read manga online. But, does anyone know of one that lets you download chapters/volumes as PDF/other ebook formats? I have a tablet I like to use for reading on the bus and whatnot, so I'd like to fill up that time reading all  that manga I promised myself I'd re-read for years and never did... but I haven't had any luck finding anything I can just download and throw onto my tablet.

Thoughts? Is this totally silly?

How about your public library?  My library system, in San Mateo, Calif., offers ebooks through a service called Overdrive that lets you download them temporarily as PDFs or (I think) other formats.  (I don't have a Kindle or anything like that, but I believe it offers those formats.)

Here's info about how my library system does it.  http://pls.lib.overdrive.com/9788FF28-BA36-4861-9C7F-A38F43F3B790/10/50/en/Default.htm
You may even be able to access it, depending on what kind of inter-library loans your system allows.  Or Canada may have something similar, given that you folks are so into tax-and-spend liberalism.   ;)  (I kid; that's one of the things I admire about Canada.)
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Guardian G.I.

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • and normal people close
« Reply #378 on: August 03, 2015, 07:53:28 AM »
I've never been a fan of Japanese comics and cartoons. The only manga I've ever read was The Legend of Koizumi. I still wonder what kind of hard drugs was used by its author.

Spoiler: Just an average day in the life of the Japanese Prime Minister • show

Spoiler: US-Japanese negotiations • show

Spoiler: Vladimir Putin • show

Spoiler: G8 • show

Spoiler: When (former) Ukrainian PM Yulia Tymoshenko was introduced, I stopped to rethink my life for a minute • show
Fluent: :russia:
Very rusty:
Can understand, but not speak: :ukraine:
Learning: :uk: :germany:

Olive3-3

• DeviantArt
« Reply #379 on: August 18, 2015, 02:54:57 AM »
Well I'm up late. I finished Clannad just a week ago, and I started the after story yesterday. I have a feeling I'm gonna cry. A lot.
-Olive

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #380 on: August 18, 2015, 03:56:30 AM »
I've never been a fan of Japanese comics and cartoons. The only manga I've ever read was The Legend of Koizumi. I still wonder what kind of hard drugs was used by its author.

Spoiler: Just an average day in the life of the Japanese Prime Minister • show

Spoiler: US-Japanese negotiations • show

Spoiler: Vladimir Putin • show

Spoiler: G8 • show

Spoiler: When (former) Ukrainian PM Yulia Tymoshenko was introduced, I stopped to rethink my life for a minute • show

I've read some of it. I don't know anything at all about mahjong, but the game itself seems at best vaguely relevant to the plot.

Currently reading Alice in Borderland. It's like a less bizarre, more psychological version of Gantz, except good (unlike Gantz).

Adrai Thell

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Might be productive. Someday.
« Reply #381 on: August 20, 2015, 03:09:04 PM »
Does anybody else have to pause a show for a little while, scream "NOOO!" for a bit, continue, only to have this happen again moments later?

I'm currently doing this with Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, which I started two days ago. I've also done it with Attack On Titan...

Just wondering if this is a common symptom of the feels :P
Fluent: :usa:
Childlike: :france:
Stolen Souls: 6.5
Survivor: :artd: :book1+: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Speak softly, and carry a big heart.

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #382 on: August 20, 2015, 03:43:13 PM »
FMA, the only anime everybody was reacting the same at the end of the episode n° (don't remember)...
I would love to watch all the anime again, it's a really good one. My housemates have a kind of tradition, they chose something to see and we have an episode or two some evenings. They saw FMA just before I move with them :( (And yes, I'm not fascinated by Heidi or an other old cartoon like that.)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Olive3-3

• DeviantArt
« Reply #383 on: August 22, 2015, 09:43:43 PM »
Hmmm... does anyone have any good ideas for something new to watch? I kinda just binged a ton of anime, and am running out of ideas.   :)
-Olive

Emil

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • my real name is Emil but you can call me Emil
  • Preferred pronouns: *incoherent screaming*
« Reply #384 on: August 22, 2015, 10:31:17 PM »
Hmmm... does anyone have any good ideas for something new to watch? I kinda just binged a ton of anime, and am running out of ideas.   :)

I have tons of suggestions but I gotta know what kind of anime you're interested in.

callipygous

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • im gonna appropriate bro culture and make it gay
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her+they/them
« Reply #385 on: August 22, 2015, 10:33:57 PM »
i know it was mentioned a while back but i just caught up with kekkai sensen and im in so much love and also adopting leo sorry aND WHERE IS EPISODE 12 PLEASE BONES....IM SUFFERING
also the ed is so so cute oh my god i watched it through every time ITS SO CUTE.....EVERYONE IS SO CUTE!!!! I REALLY LIKED KEKKAI SENSEN I JUST NEED....THE LAST EP... also lets talk abt that animation because god its gorgeous

I CAN DO RECS THO! zankyou no terror is an absolutely wonderful series and is full of beautiful animation, wonderful characters, a fantastic soundtrack, and lots and lots of heartbreak. seriously i still cry when certain songs come up on my ipod. its incredibly wonderful and has a really neat story and everything abt it is really really great okay i would totally recommend it!!!!

punchline is by the same studio, but honestly its not for everyone AND I COMPLETELY GET IT because punchline is really fanservicey and kiiiind of gross sometimes and it does take a bit to get past that IT TOOK ME A WHILE TO GET PAST IT -- BUT if you muscle through it it actually gets pretty good around the halfway mark!! also theres a trans character!!!! ;3c

redline is an amazing movie about racing, space, and a race in space and it is absolutely gorgeous - probably the most well-animated movie ive seen in a long while!! i feel like all i do is repeat myself but it also has a GREAT soundtrack and it just. is so pretty. i spent half the time crying over the animation. its a neato futuristic setting with cool aliens and technology and iTS JUST GOOD OKAY REDLINE IS REALLY GOOD

i yelled about kaiba before but fyi: kaiba is still rly good

Olive3-3

• DeviantArt
« Reply #386 on: August 22, 2015, 10:54:34 PM »
Well I enjoy a large variety. I really, really loved noragami, and Clannad and it's after story. I watch trigun occasionally, and FMAB. is that too vague?
-Olive

BarbaryLion22

« Reply #387 on: August 23, 2015, 11:56:26 PM »
Well I enjoy a large variety. I really, really loved noragami, and Clannad and it's after story. I watch trigun occasionally, and FMAB. is that too vague?
So... Plot? Sf/F? I'm currently watching Tokyo Ravens, if you want a recommendation. It's kind of rushed and haphazard, but interesting enough. It's about onmyouji, the japanese equivalent to mages, I guess. Mekakucity Actors is okay, too.
fluent :usa:
Decent :japan:
some :spain: hawaiian
barely at all :italy: :germany: :france:
Have Survived :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Olive3-3

• DeviantArt
« Reply #388 on: August 24, 2015, 12:47:27 AM »
That sounds amazing! I will definitely check it out. I like scifi and fantasy. Anything but reality.
-Olive

Nimphy

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
« Reply #389 on: August 24, 2015, 05:36:07 PM »
Okay so I just finished marathoning Mekakucity Actors. Someone on another site mentioned something called KagePro, so naturally I had to ask. It was explained to me as "Sad snake kids with special red eyes", so I decided to give it a go, read the manga (WHAT.), then watched the anime (at least some explanation...).

Looks like I got back in the business huh. I remember I left Durarara unfinished, so that'll be my next task.

Also, Callipy YESSSS Zankyou No Terror. First short anime I watched and won't regret that. And that music :3
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: