Author Topic: Anime Discussion  (Read 76817 times)

Vafhudr

• Ranger
Re: Anime Discussion
« Reply #300 on: May 05, 2015, 09:56:10 AM »
Tokyo Ghoul:Re - which is just a direct sequel from what I have read so far. I don't know what Tokyo Ghoul Jack is supposed to be.
Language: :france::uk:
Some notions: :vaticancity: :greece:
A nostalgia for utopia...

Koeshi

• Scout
« Reply #301 on: May 05, 2015, 10:37:04 AM »
Ah yes, that is the one I was looking at.  More interested in a sequel than a spin-off.

AquaAurion

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #302 on: May 10, 2015, 01:08:28 AM »
Tokyo Ghoul:Re - which is just a direct sequel from what I have read so far. I don't know what Tokyo Ghoul Jack is supposed to be.
Tokyo Ghoul:Re is indeed a direct sequel and is quite good. I don't think it's as good as the previous one (yet), but it's starting to shape up :)

Tokyo Ghoul Jack seems to be some kind of prequel with Arima. I'm not really interested in him as a character, but he seems to play a greater role in Ghoul:Re, so I'll maybe read it if he becomes more exiting?

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

wolfie

• Ranger
  • :3
« Reply #303 on: May 11, 2015, 12:11:53 PM »
Anybody watching Kekkai Sensen at the moment? Or any other upcoming anime? So many new series... <:3

"Dammit Moon-Moon"
Thanks to gifted gif-finder Eri

Vafhudr

• Ranger
« Reply #304 on: May 11, 2015, 12:35:10 PM »
Kekkai Sensen was too... uh... shonen for my tastes. And I tend to disregard the vast majority of what comes out.

So at the moment I am just watching Fate Stay/Night: Unlimited Blade Works.

FinnishViking

• Scout
  • Slender and sleep deprived
« Reply #305 on: May 11, 2015, 02:41:35 PM »
I like kekkai sensen except the main character. Idk for some reason his expression just irritates me whe he has his eyes closed and since the story makes him have his eyes closed most of the time i always cringe a bit when seeing him.

Koeshi

• Scout
« Reply #306 on: May 12, 2015, 05:36:56 AM »
Haven't really had the time for anime in a while :( maybe someday I will have the free time to chain watch seasons again.

HarrisWilkens

« Reply #307 on: May 12, 2015, 09:12:06 PM »
Best anime: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. That's all I have to say on the matter.

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #308 on: May 13, 2015, 03:05:17 AM »
Best anime: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. That's all I have to say on the matter.
I have loved it.
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Haspen

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Hat Kat
« Reply #309 on: May 13, 2015, 06:57:26 AM »
Whomever likes classics, space operas, drama and plot twists should watch Legend of Galactic Heroes. This is my only recommendation, really.

It's like anime Game of Thrones in space!
Languages? Only :poland: and :uk: I'm afraid!

My 'dream catalogue' - Are you ready to delve into crazy? You probably aren't, so remember that you're clicking this at your own responsibility.

wolfie

• Ranger
  • :3
« Reply #310 on: May 13, 2015, 07:04:22 AM »
I like kekkai sensen except the main character. Idk for some reason his expression just irritates me whe he has his eyes closed and since the story makes him have his eyes closed most of the time i always cringe a bit when seeing him.

I can see that. He looks like a bit like a sloth. The fact that he isn't a crybaby though, that is refreshing. The guys reactions to being kidnapped/wrecked on a daily basis humor me. But what I fell for are the designs, everything looks so weird and creative that I never know what to expect.

"Dammit Moon-Moon"
Thanks to gifted gif-finder Eri

UFOO9000

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • I'm Fluffy
  • Preferred pronouns: Don't care, have fun!
« Reply #311 on: May 13, 2015, 04:33:30 PM »
My sister and I have been watching Jojo's bizarre adventure (I am not really watching it but she only does when I'm there) and it is the most fabulous thing in existence. That is all I wanted to say.
I <3 Cats, Chats, katter, neko, gato.
:canada: :france: :uk: :denmark: :spain: :japan:

I have this thing where I vanish for weeks and sometimes months. PM me and I'll be back for you~

Vafhudr

• Ranger
« Reply #312 on: May 13, 2015, 04:57:15 PM »
Joseph is best jojo. I encourage you to seek out the manga. I will be an old man before they convert into anime the sprawling saga that is Jojo's Bizarre adventures.

FinnishViking

• Scout
  • Slender and sleep deprived
« Reply #313 on: May 14, 2015, 10:25:31 AM »
Anyone here heard of Aldnoah.Zero? No one? Yeah ok guessed as much.

It's a pritty fantastic series if you are in to mecha stuff, but also with the added benefit of a lot of political maneuvering and a bit of race relations too with the premise being a Martian princess is coming to visit earth, but is assasinated and this kickstarts a frozen conflict where the Martians lauch and assault for earth.

A lot of twists and turns and the first season ends quite dramatically, but the second season i think kinda ruined that ending in some level.

Koeshi

• Scout
« Reply #314 on: May 14, 2015, 10:30:26 AM »
Heard of it, but just skipped over it.  Not a fan of mecha series to be honest, the closest to a mecha series that I am fond of would be Gargantia.