Author Topic: Anime Discussion  (Read 76636 times)

Koeshi

• Scout
Re: Anime Discussion
« Reply #285 on: April 14, 2015, 06:05:12 AM »
I remember seeing stuff about Cencoroll when it was released, but I just never got round to watching it.  Perhaps I will someday.

Well I guess people don't talk about Celty as much because she just is.  You have Shizuo and Izaya fighting each other, the kids with their interactions with each other and so on, then there is Celty who deals directly with everyone and is pretty much always the best there.  Either that or people are put off by her missing body part, I don't know.

Lenny

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Ninja.
  • Preferred pronouns: My name. They/them.
« Reply #286 on: April 14, 2015, 07:25:14 AM »
ALSO HOW IS NO ONES FAV DRRR CELTY LIKE.....MY WIFE...

Celty is actually my favourite character out of all of them so far, since she first appeared. Also, so interesting. I am deeply curious how her personality will change if she is ever reunited with her head. But with Durarara!!, I am rather hesitant to call favourites until the story is complete. I have a feeling things may change drastically, so... all my opinions on characters are temporary, and have been so since I first watched it.
Am notified of private messages via email.

Chizu

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Potatoes you will potate!
« Reply #287 on: April 14, 2015, 10:11:47 AM »
I think Celty is liked by everyone so there is no need to even mention this glorious lady.

BarbaryLion22

« Reply #288 on: May 03, 2015, 12:03:06 AM »
*raises hand* I GOT A CELTY GACHAPON
She's so cool, she's like my role model. All motorcycle-y and shadow scythe-y.

I also have Nagisa from Assassination Classroom, but shhh
fluent :usa:
Decent :japan:
some :spain: hawaiian
barely at all :italy: :germany: :france:
Have Survived :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Baku

• Hot Dad Squad
« Reply #289 on: May 03, 2015, 12:19:34 AM »
I don't watch anime as often as I used to, but I'm into/have read quite a few manga! Mostly Berserk (I first read the entire series so far in 2013, and have reread it once this year) , Black Jack (I've reread this dozens of times since highschool) + other Osamu Tezuka manga, Space Pirate Captain Harlock, FMA, Mushishi, D.Gray-Man, probably every manga Junji Ito has made, and Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (I'm somewhere in part 5, taking a break though). I also really enjoy Studio Ghibli and Satoshi Kon films.
*made a few edits to this because I forgot to add some to the list (and i'm still forgetting some), woops!
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 12:33:08 AM by Baku »
native: :usa: / learning: :germany: / some day: :denmark:
art tumblr/ flight rising/ disqus - :chap6: :chap7:

BarbaryLion22

« Reply #290 on: May 03, 2015, 12:54:50 AM »
I don't watch anime as often as I used to, but I'm into/have read quite a few manga! Mostly Berserk (I first read the entire series so far in 2013, and have reread it once this year) , Black Jack (I've reread this dozens of times since highschool) + other Osamu Tezuka manga, Space Pirate Captain Harlock, FMA, Mushishi, D.Gray-Man, probably every manga Junji Ito has made, and Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (I'm somewhere in part 5, taking a break though). I also really enjoy Studio Ghibli and Satoshi Kon films.
*made a few edits to this because I forgot to add some to the list (and i'm still forgetting some), woops!

Mushishi's anime was so beautiful. I loved the story...all the stories, actually, I can't choose which one is my favorite.

Speaking of manga, Ran to Haiiro no Sekai (Ran and the Ash-Colored World) made me cry when it finished. And Usotsuki Lily. And Tokyo Ghoul (I was sobbing through the last chapters). and ZKC, but that isn't done yet, so I only cried when the middle school arc was over.

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #291 on: May 03, 2015, 04:25:41 AM »
People here know Mushishi *Happy* This is my favorite anime and almost unknow in France, I don't remember how many times I had to explain what it was.
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Vafhudr

• Ranger
« Reply #292 on: May 03, 2015, 09:49:35 AM »
^ I am surprised to hear that. When I went to France, I was actually surprised at the presence of manga in stores and commerces selling them specifically.
Language: :france::uk:
Some notions: :vaticancity: :greece:
A nostalgia for utopia...

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #293 on: May 03, 2015, 10:05:30 AM »
^ I am surprised to hear that. When I went to France, I was actually surprised at the presence of manga in stores and commerces selling them specifically.
Yes, we could easily buy a manga, but, in my experience with people, Mushishi is still not very well-known. Or I meet the wrong people :)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

BarbaryLion22

« Reply #294 on: May 03, 2015, 01:37:53 PM »
I don't think it's very well known, even in Japan. When we did a cultural exchange thing with a school in Nara prefecture, the students didn't know about it. That could be because they weren't that into anime/manga, or because it's a bit older (I think). A shame. It really is beautiful.

Olive3-3

• DeviantArt
« Reply #295 on: May 03, 2015, 08:55:51 PM »
I'm a little bit new to anime, but I've seen a few ghibli films, and i think princess Mononoke is my favorite. I'm watching Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood and Clannad with my friends. In Japanese with subtitles of course because dubbed is horrible.
-Olive

Chizu

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Potatoes you will potate!
« Reply #296 on: May 04, 2015, 04:24:07 PM »
I'm a little bit new to anime, but I've seen a few ghibli films, and i think princess Mononoke is my favorite. I'm watching Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood and Clannad with my friends. In Japanese with subtitles of course because dubbed is horrible.
Oh, Clannad...I thought this was the most 'feels' anime...untill Koeshi made me watch Angel Beats (that anime tears everything in pieces and builds it up...and oh it will make even a rock cry). I do agree about subs and dubs! Always better to watch it in the original language, plus listening helps you learn the language as well.

Koeshi

• Scout
« Reply #297 on: May 05, 2015, 05:38:11 AM »
Oh, Clannad...I thought this was the most 'feels' anime...untill Koeshi made me watch Angel Beats (that anime tears everything in pieces and builds it up...and oh it will make even a rock cry).

MWAHAHAHAHAHA (and Clannad was lulzy anyways :P)

Recently finished the Tokyo Ghoul manga, personally found the last chapters to be rather disappointing compared to the rest, though maybe that could be blamed on the scanlation.

Vafhudr

• Ranger
« Reply #298 on: May 05, 2015, 09:43:02 AM »
Nah. The author really dropped the ball with the last few chapters. Though he has gone on to make sequels. One of them is crap, the other one seem okay so far.
Language: :france::uk:
Some notions: :vaticancity: :greece:
A nostalgia for utopia...

Koeshi

• Scout
« Reply #299 on: May 05, 2015, 09:51:47 AM »
I'm glad to hear its not just me that feels that way.  I have one of the sequels on my To Read list, which one did you think was best?