Author Topic: Anime Discussion  (Read 76907 times)

Eich

• Thor
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Retired Forum Admin
Re: Anime Discussion
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2014, 01:21:59 PM »
Aww, Last Airbender, finally there is something I can contribute to this Anime discussion  ;D
I really love the series - as a sidenote, also for the different martial arts styles displayed. I've even learnt the firebendig form of the dancing dragon with my sister  ;) (normally I'm more into Karate, but it wasn't that hard...)

I'm also looking forward to see season 3 and 4 of Korra (although I think they still can't reach the quality of ATLA). Unfortunately, I can't watch them on TV or DVD  :(
The show isn't airing on tv anymore.  It's all online.
So, depending on your connection, you can probably stream them.
Feel free to PM.

Fen Shen

• Ranger
  • one post per day keeps the madness away
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2014, 01:33:34 PM »
Yes, I did that with the first two seasons. But for the 3rd and 4th I haven't found a good site yet that is accessible from my country, doesn't crash or try to trick me into installing software I don't want.  ::)
I thought it was on Nickelodeon in the US?
speaks: :germany: :uk: :france:
learning: :italy: :norway: :spain:
:chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :book2: :chap12:
:hat: :betterhat:

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2014, 01:51:27 PM »
Yes, I did that with the first two seasons. But for the 3rd and 4th I haven't found a good site yet that is accessible from my country, doesn't crash or try to trick me into installing software I don't want.  ::)
I thought it was on Nickelodeon in the US?
Try nickelodeon's website.  It's got commercials but it's pretty high quality, and there's no sketchy stuff with popups or downloads.
It was until about halfway through season 3, when Nickelodeon randomly decided to stop airing the show and threw everything online.
Feel free to PM.

Fen Shen

• Ranger
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2014, 03:10:37 PM »
Good idea, but... "Sorry, this video is unavailable from your location."  :( So even on the official nickelodeon website it won't work from here.
:chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :book2: :chap12:

noako

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2014, 08:15:45 AM »
Good idea, but... "Sorry, this video is unavailable from your location."  :( So even on the official nickelodeon website it won't work from here.

Yeah, that sucks.  If you use google chrome, you can download Hola from chrome store (for free).

Fen Shen

• Ranger
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2014, 11:18:10 AM »
Thanks, I'll try that on my old laptop. :)

Lenny

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Ninja.
  • Preferred pronouns: My name. They/them.
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2014, 07:58:48 AM »
I gave up on Korra after the horror show that was the finale of the second season (after struggling through the entirety of the first and second seasons, trying but failing to like it), but looks like I should check out the third season anyway, haha.

For another series that's somewhat similar to Mushishi, try Natsume Yuujinchou, or Natsume's Book of Friends. Though it's about a much younger protagonist, and somewhat different situations, it also has the same feeling that Mushishi gives. But I must put a disclaimer: I haven't seen either of their animes, I've only read their mangas.

Also... thank you, thank you, thank you for mentioning Hola, naoko! I've been wanting something like that for a long time. Works with Firefox, too, so I'm ultra happy right now. *has all the anime that was region-blocked in mind*
Am notified of private messages via email.

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2014, 09:48:57 PM »
So, this is awesome.
Link
Feel free to PM.

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2014, 10:59:50 PM »
So, this is awesome.
Link

I felt compelled to cook eggs for lunch after watching that. O__O
But in the microwave. Because the pan is banned. U_U
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2014, 11:21:20 PM »
I felt compelled to cook eggs for lunch after watching that. O__O
But in the microwave. Because the pan is banned. U_U
He made them with love.
Pan is banned?  Why is that?  How do you even make eggs in the microwave?
Feel free to PM.

potatobunny

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2014, 11:25:17 PM »
Beaten and salted and sort of "scrambled". I've tried it after seeing them do it at Subway, and it's not bad. Not my preferred method, but it works.

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2014, 04:45:26 AM »
So, this is awesome.
Yeah, getting 50+ plates with discarded eggs out of a single container with 12 eggs is quite a feat. :D
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2014, 05:59:34 AM »
Beaten and salted and sort of "scrambled". I've tried it after seeing them do it at Subway, and it's not bad. Not my preferred method, but it works.

You can do it that way, with cheese and omelette stuff, which is good for breakfast on the go (it's omelette in a cup!) but I usually just crack it into a cup or bowl, cling-wrap it and zap it for 1 minute, then slide it onto the toast/sandwich/salad et voila ;P

Pan is banned?  Why is that?

I haven't used the pan since....the incident.... >;3 which actually shouldn't have been a big deal- I CAN use a pan rather well- but the one time I NEARLY burn an egg, it's 'no more pan and don't you ever forget it' U___U,, so I am now the microwave magician heehee

potatobunny

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2014, 06:09:22 AM »
THE INCIDENT - how ominous.  :o

Also, I should, uh, say something topic-related. Not a big fan of anime because I have no patience for video, but I read manga so I can eat the stories. Current favorite is Silver Spoon, would recommend Basara, Kare Kano, Monster, anything by Junji Ito, Kingyou Sou, Antique Bakery, Emma (and everything by that mangaka, really), Skip Beat, Usagi Drop, Tokyo Crazy Paradise.

The only animes I have watched and rewatched are shorter series; Sketchbook and Mouryou no Hako.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 06:13:14 AM by potatobunny »

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2014, 07:06:37 AM »
Yup, back to topic.... My little sisters and I have watched (haha the list is so cliché but they're teenage girly-girls, what do you expect? ;3) Fruits Basket, Kamisama Hajimema****a, Ouran High School Host Club, the Devil is a Part-Timer (I don't even know why) and they've watched Honey and Clover (?) and Free! O__O

The studio Ghibli films are favorites too :3 heh, somehow, Princess Mononoke reminds me vaguely of SSSS but I don't know why at all! Maybe it was because of the nature spirits and that black squiggly evil stuff (that I can't remember because it's been years, even though I listen to the soundtrack a lot)

Edit: Heh, good to see the coarse language filter is working Eich! Even if it wasn't really...coarse language... X'P

Edit Edit: shoot I forgot Noragami and Blue Exorcist and Bleach! How did I forget those?!
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 07:30:42 AM by OrigamiOwl »