Author Topic: Anime Discussion  (Read 76646 times)

Vafhudr

• Ranger
Re: Anime Discussion
« Reply #255 on: April 01, 2015, 12:56:03 PM »
Well I went the other way around. And yes, it is not comparable to the manga. They should probably not even be compared.

The film though has its merit - as a film. As a 2 hour piece of fiction. It's fast paced, coherent enough (though it seems some find it confusing - I thought it flowed pretty well), and it has some impressive cinematography going. As a movie, not as an adaptation, I think it holds up.

I mean, if someone told me they wanted to make a 2 hour adaptation of AKIRA I would have laughed at them - because there is no way to condense that material in such a small space of time.
Language: :france::uk:
Some notions: :vaticancity: :greece:
A nostalgia for utopia...

wolfie

• Ranger
  • :3
« Reply #256 on: April 01, 2015, 06:41:54 PM »
Does anybody know Treasure Town? Also a beautiful, magic-realistic movie about to street urchins,named  black and white. I highly recommend it.

"Dammit Moon-Moon"
Thanks to gifted gif-finder Eri

Koeshi

• Scout
« Reply #257 on: April 01, 2015, 06:46:54 PM »
I think I have heard of that by the name Tekkon Kinkreet, or something similar.

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #258 on: April 01, 2015, 06:56:16 PM »
Tekkonkinkreet is amazing! This reminds me I've been meaning to watch it again and now that there's some free days ahead.... the time may have come. :3
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

wolfie

• Ranger
  • :3
« Reply #259 on: April 02, 2015, 04:29:50 AM »
Tekkonkinkreet is amazing! This reminds me I've been meaning to watch it again and now that there's some free days ahead.... the time may have come. :3

Jeeey for you! I have so many movies to rewatch/watch but no time. End of semester is pretty evil. :'(

"Dammit Moon-Moon"
Thanks to gifted gif-finder Eri

Chizu

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Potatoes you will potate!
« Reply #260 on: April 06, 2015, 01:01:13 PM »
Jeeey for you! I have so many movies to rewatch/watch but no time. End of semester is pretty evil. :'(

Ah, yes, but watching things right before your exams is most tempting and fun...right up till the exam date...

On a side note, have any of you watched Durarara?

Vafhudr

• Ranger
« Reply #261 on: April 06, 2015, 01:23:56 PM »
I was looking forward to season 2.

And then I didn't bother to watch it.

I should get on that.
Language: :france::uk:
Some notions: :vaticancity: :greece:
A nostalgia for utopia...

Nimphy

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
« Reply #262 on: April 06, 2015, 01:33:11 PM »
Ah, yes, but watching things right before your exams is most tempting and fun...right up till the exam date...

On a side note, have any of you watched Durarara?

I HAVE AND I LOVE IT. That said, I'm behind with season 2, and I'm too lazy to watch the episodes I haven't watched yet.
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

Chizu

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #263 on: April 06, 2015, 02:02:14 PM »
I HAVE AND I LOVE IT. That said, I'm behind with season 2, and I'm too lazy to watch the episodes I haven't watched yet.

AMEN! Go watch now! O.O I also kind of stopped after episode 2 of season two, cos I decided to wait till the first part is over, so now I will catch up with it! Fave characters?

Nimphy

« Reply #264 on: April 06, 2015, 03:22:01 PM »
AMEN! Go watch now! O.O I also kind of stopped after episode 2 of season two, cos I decided to wait till the first part is over, so now I will catch up with it! Fave characters?

ALL OF THEM OF COURSE.

(Well, but if I really had to pick a few I'd say Masaomi and Shizuo)

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

Chizu

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #265 on: April 06, 2015, 04:42:28 PM »
ALL OF THEM OF COURSE.

(Well, but if I really had to pick a few I'd say Masaomi and Shizuo)
YES! Shizuo is my favourite as well! I do like Izaya for odd reasons, his antics amuse me, as a psychologist I am naturally drawn to his behaviour. I think all the characters in the show are quite well written. The novels are also just brilliant! 

Nimphy

« Reply #266 on: April 06, 2015, 05:59:43 PM »
YES! Shizuo is my favourite as well! I do like Izaya for odd reasons, his antics amuse me, as a psychologist I am naturally drawn to his behaviour. I think all the characters in the show are quite well written. The novels are also just brilliant!

Heh, everyone likes Izaya. I'm pretty sure he's one of the most popular, if not THE most popular character in Durarara!!, and I really like him too.

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #267 on: April 06, 2015, 06:08:44 PM »
Heh, everyone likes Izaya. I'm pretty sure he's one of the most popular, if not THE most popular character in Durarara!!, and I really like him too.
I for one absolutely hate Izaya.

Chizu

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #268 on: April 06, 2015, 06:17:37 PM »

Hmm he is one of the main antagonists after all, he kind of reminds me of Hannibal Lecter (I know it is strange...)
I for one absolutely hate Izaya.

Are you Shizuo-chan?! 

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #269 on: April 06, 2015, 06:37:52 PM »
Are you Shizuo-chan?!

Well, the need to apply copious amounts of violence to his smug little face is strong indeed.

In true anime tradition there are those who like Izaya, those who like Shizuo and those who like both and just want to see them make out. I'm in the Shizuo camp, but I like Simon even more. Simon is great.