Author Topic: Anime Discussion  (Read 76626 times)

FinnishViking

• Scout
  • Slender and sleep deprived
Re: Anime Discussion
« Reply #225 on: March 26, 2015, 04:53:01 PM »
Animejoy.tv is quite a good one with good quality if anyone is intrested.

But recently i have watched anime from Akame ga kill to Kill la kill, bouth full metal alchemists and some sword art online and now im a bit of a loss for the next show.

Something like Akame ga kill or FMA would be nice since those are the ones i have enjoyed the most, but at this point anything goes.

BarbaryLion22

« Reply #226 on: March 27, 2015, 12:08:53 AM »
Also, thanks to Len I got started on the most hilarious anime EVER. It's a magical boy series. Magical boy I say. Enjoy the love! (Beware of mental scarring)

I clicked on the link, but then stopped watching because the hearts in the eyes reminded me of Mahou Shoujo Site, which hasn't even finished yet. (T^T soo sad) The author makes the most terrifying magical girl mangas... They're the one who wrote "Mahou Shoujo of the End" *shudders*
fluent :usa:
Decent :japan:
some :spain: hawaiian
barely at all :italy: :germany: :france:
Have Survived :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Vafhudr

• Ranger
« Reply #227 on: March 27, 2015, 12:55:03 AM »
Haha. Mahou shoujo of the end. Now that was a rather interesting read.
Language: :france::uk:
Some notions: :vaticancity: :greece:
A nostalgia for utopia...

Koeshi

• Scout
« Reply #228 on: March 27, 2015, 05:58:51 AM »
FLCL is an enjoyable series, but you really have to disengage your brain before watching.  Saying that it doesn't make a lot of sense is a massive understatement.

But recently i have watched anime from Akame ga kill to Kill la kill, bouth full metal alchemists and some sword art online and now im a bit of a loss for the next show.

Something like Akame ga kill or FMA would be nice since those are the ones i have enjoyed the most, but at this point anything goes.

Okay, those a kinda different series, so not entirely sure what I would consider as similar to those.  But based on the shows you have watched previously I have some suggestions.  Take a look at them and see what you think will suit you best.

Hidan no Aria

Deadman Wonderland

K

Log Horizon

Problem Children Are Coming From Another World, Aren't They?

Strike the Blood

Also to anyone who doesn't like sleeping, I highly recommend Corpse Party: Tortured Souls.  This is most probably the darkest and goriest anime I have ever seen, and I love the dark stuff :D.  Last I checked it was availably in HQ over on BakaBT, but if it isn't anymore, I can upload the episodes if people want them.

Eich

• Thor
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #229 on: March 27, 2015, 11:45:04 AM »
I swear, watching anime again is... beneficial.  I feel better and happier.
This was a good decision.

I watched Fate/Zero over Spring Break and now I'm catching up on Fairy Tail.
Feel free to PM.

wolfie

• Ranger
  • :3
« Reply #230 on: March 28, 2015, 04:07:23 AM »

Since both of those have darker themes, you could try Death Parade (psychological, thriller) it is almost finished airing and got me fangirling pretty seriously. I can also recommend Psycho Pass s 1 and Tokyo Ghoul, both recently finished, got a big hype. (TG has a better manga. If you also read those)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 04:11:35 AM by wolfie »

"Dammit Moon-Moon"
Thanks to gifted gif-finder Eri

FinnishViking

• Scout
« Reply #231 on: March 28, 2015, 07:21:26 AM »
Thanks for the tips guys. Wathched all of them for few minutes, but this time Fate/zero for some reasons caught my attention the best so i shall start digging in to that one first.

Koeshi

• Scout
« Reply #232 on: March 28, 2015, 08:30:56 AM »
I thought about recommending Tokyo Ghoul and Psycho Pass, but in my mind they are both much darker than Akame Ga Kill and FMA.  I'm not saying that AGK and FMA aren't dark, but they are dark for the age range they are aimed at, whereas TG and PP are just plain dark in general.

wolfie

• Ranger
« Reply #233 on: March 28, 2015, 10:30:13 AM »
I thought about recommending Tokyo Ghoul and Psycho Pass, but in my mind they are both much darker than Akame Ga Kill and FMA.  I'm not saying that AGK and FMA aren't dark, but they are dark for the age range they are aimed at, whereas TG and PP are just plain dark in general.

I get where you are coming from. I think FMA and AGK seem less dark because they water down the dark themes/disturbing stuff with humorous moments. And the anime style is (esp. for AGK) more colorful/happier. (Probably because of age range indeed) Shows like PP and TG don't give us any of those feel good moments. But the heaviness of the themes isn't worse in my opinion. FMA and AGK have some really messed up stuff. When I recommend things, I assume that if someone can handle the 'level of dark' they are at least not traumatized if the show turns out to dark for their taste, because the themes aren't completely new. But I understand why you would think differently as well. ;)
And just a note, Death Parade is less dark for and has these moments of humor and feel-good and pretty colorful animation. ^-^

"Dammit Moon-Moon"

Koeshi

• Scout
« Reply #234 on: March 29, 2015, 06:02:39 AM »
Hadn't heard of Death Parade so looked it up.  I didn't realise there was a sequel to Death Billiards, thanks for mentioning it I'm adding it to the list :)

I can see your point, I think part of what bothered me most about PP to be honest was probably the political and social tones of it.

FinnishViking

• Scout
« Reply #235 on: March 29, 2015, 08:59:08 AM »
Well watched Fate/Zero 1 and 2 and my god the feels at the second part.

The first season started off pritty slowly in my opinion, but i kinda liked it and with things picking up on second season i really liked it overall.

Then i pop on to the wiki page to see why it ended in such a sad manner and wouldn't you know there have been 2 series before and 1 after that have been done so i think i found myself a new past time for the next few weeks.  ;D

Koeshi

• Scout
« Reply #236 on: March 29, 2015, 09:17:48 AM »
Just (finally) finished SAO2.  Definitely up there with the original season, possibly better as the Alfheim arc of the first season was pretty poor.  The second half of this season was much deeper/darker than I would have expected.

wolfie

• Ranger
« Reply #237 on: March 29, 2015, 04:46:59 PM »
Just (finally) finished SAO2.  Definitely up there with the original season, possibly better as the Alfheim arc of the first season was pretty poor.  The second half of this season was much deeper/darker than I would have expected.
Well watched Fate/Zero 1 and 2 and my god the feels at the second part.

The first season started off pritty slowly in my opinion, but i kinda liked it and with things picking up on second season i really liked it overall.

Then i pop on to the wiki page to see why it ended in such a sad manner and wouldn't you know there have been 2 series before and 1 after that have been done so i think i found myself a new past time for the next few weeks.  ;D

Hadn't heard of Death Parade so looked it up.  I didn't realise there was a sequel to Death Billiards, thanks for mentioning it I'm adding it to the list :)

I can see your point, I think part of what bothered me most about PP to be honest was probably the political and social tones of it.

@ Koeshi: I totally agreed, I won't put any spoilers here but I never thought they would touch upon such subjects in any anime, let alone SOA. I was really impressed with the impact of season, but also pretty sad. And yes, PP is freaky close to well, society, especially a 'well functioning' state with a dictator, I didn't contemplate on it to much, let it in its imaginative realm so to day, I enjoyed the villain/vs police camp and how they convinced me to root for both simultaniously. (only s 1)
@ Koeshi: *Jeey* Death Parade is awesome, I am so glad that you knew Billiard and now I could surprise you with Parade. Prepare for a train of feels and a solid plot! :D And the animation is very impressive. :3
@ Finnish Viking: My expression when I finished fate/zero was totally blank, then I rewatched it to be sure that what just happened, really happened. Such a bleak ending. I liked Gil though, so that helped a little. The rest of the series, haha good luck putting everything together in order, they reference each other a lot, which is nice if you notice. ;)

"Dammit Moon-Moon"

Koeshi

• Scout
« Reply #238 on: March 30, 2015, 04:22:12 AM »
Wouldn't say that I thought no anime would touch on the subject, but definitely not one like SAO.  Still I think they handled it very well and the use of technology for that purpose was very logical.  Plus, that cliffhanger at the end, what is he up to this time? :D  Expecting a 3rd season as if I remember right, there was a 4th game that Kirito enters in the manga.

As for PP, I may have sided with the police at the beginning but I was definitely rooting for the "villains" by the end.  That was system that needed burning to the ground.

Lenny

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Ninja.
  • Preferred pronouns: My name. They/them.
« Reply #239 on: March 30, 2015, 04:53:03 AM »
*is slightly sad that from discussion it seems that no one has actually read the light novels of SAO*
Am notified of private messages via email.