Author Topic: Anime Discussion  (Read 76645 times)

Koeshi

• Scout
Re: Anime Discussion
« Reply #195 on: March 02, 2015, 04:50:59 AM »
Another big bonus that Baccano has is that it is one of the few series which has English voice actors that are bearable.  (I have the series on DVD, gods knows how many times I've watched it)

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #196 on: March 02, 2015, 05:00:16 AM »
Another big bonus that Baccano has is that it is one of the few series which has English voice actors that are bearable.  (I have the series on DVD, gods knows how many times I've watched it)
Huh. I might actually watch some of it over again if that's the case. I hope they got the Italian New Yorker accents right, they obviously missed that in the japanese version as far as I could tell. It's funny with animes like Black Lagoon and Cowboy Bebop where the English VAs are on par with the Japanese ones or even better.

Koeshi

• Scout
« Reply #197 on: March 02, 2015, 05:10:10 AM »
I didn't like the English VAs for Black Lagoon, plus I adore the scenes where the Japanese VAs try to speak English.  Another series which I do watch in English though is Hellsing, really like the acting in that, especially the voice of the old officer in the TV version.

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #198 on: March 02, 2015, 05:17:52 AM »
I didn't like the English VAs for Black Lagoon
Heh, really? I cringe so much every time Dutch opens his mouth in the Japanese version really, it's really unconvincing. Also, Lotton is simply amazing in English, as well as the "give me" scene~

Koeshi

• Scout
« Reply #199 on: March 02, 2015, 05:25:49 AM »
Well I never got so far as to see Rotten, I don't think I made it past the first episode in English, I do the same for a lot of animes.  The Darker Than Black English VAs weren't bad, but I didn't really like the way some of the jokes were cut in translation.

wolfie

• Ranger
  • :3
« Reply #200 on: March 02, 2015, 09:17:17 AM »
Already watching it! It's a bit different from Durarara!! in that it's darker and more quick-paced, plus yanno, different time period, different continent... But the theme of lives meeting, mixing, etc, is still there, the lovable characters are still there, the being twisted and sick is still there... so worth a watch.

Huh. I might actually watch some of it over again if that's the case. I hope they got the Italian New Yorker accents right, they obviously missed that in the japanese version as far as I could tell. It's funny with animes like Black Lagoon and Cowboy Bebop where the English VAs are on par with the Japanese ones or even better.

Yes, it is like a older bro to Durarara in my opinion. You are right, they are lovable in a psychopath kind of way, like Izaya (in my opinion) I'd totally bolt if I met any of them in real life, but as fictional characters I can't get enough of them because they are surprising and dark in a funny way.

Sorry I could not resist, for anyone who wants to here some stellar use of Japanese speaking English *cough*
:
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 09:19:32 AM by wolfie »

"Dammit Moon-Moon"
Thanks to gifted gif-finder Eri

Nimphy

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
« Reply #201 on: March 04, 2015, 04:21:43 PM »
Finished Baccano! and I could go on a fangirl rant right now but I won't. Except for the fact that it is wonderful and I will most definitely watch or read more stuff from the author.

Also, thanks to Len I got started on the most hilarious anime EVER. It's a magical boy series. Magical boy I say. Enjoy the love! (Beware of mental scarring)
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

Koeshi

• Scout
« Reply #202 on: March 04, 2015, 04:30:34 PM »
That is possibly one of the most brilliant things I have ever watched.  I haven't laughed so much in quite a while.

Solovei

• Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #203 on: March 04, 2015, 05:57:35 PM »
Finished Baccano! and I could go on a fangirl rant right now but I won't. Except for the fact that it is wonderful and I will most definitely watch or read more stuff from the author.

Also, thanks to Len I got started on the most hilarious anime EVER. It's a magical boy series. Magical boy I say. Enjoy the love! (Beware of mental scarring)

Oh goodness that was exactly what I needed after the stupid day I had. Thanks so much!
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

wolfie

• Ranger
  • :3
« Reply #204 on: March 05, 2015, 04:39:09 AM »
Oh my that is a pink wombat and a group of magical boys. Now I understand what the buzz is about. XD

"Dammit Moon-Moon"
Thanks to gifted gif-finder Eri

Silenter

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • So sorry.
« Reply #205 on: March 16, 2015, 10:08:11 PM »
Oh my that is a pink wombat and a group of magical boys. Now I understand what the buzz is about. XD
I only got around to watching the very first episode, but that episode just made me laugh. Oh man. XD
The names they attempt to call out when they attack is pretty funny.
Half-crumbled I guess: :southkorea:
Main language: :usa:
:chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

asdasdasd2

• Mostly says meaningless things.
« Reply #206 on: March 23, 2015, 06:48:37 AM »
Currently watching fate/zero. It's pretty cool.
English, Hindi, Punjabi.

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #207 on: March 23, 2015, 07:44:39 AM »

What did I just watch? 8,D

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Nimphy

• The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
« Reply #208 on: March 23, 2015, 07:48:32 AM »
What did I just watch? 8,D

Something awesome, and you know it.
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #209 on: March 23, 2015, 08:02:01 AM »
Currently watching fate/zero. It's pretty cool.
I just finished that one.  Quite enjoyed it!
Feel free to PM.