Author Topic: Anime Discussion  (Read 76647 times)

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
Re: Anime Discussion
« Reply #135 on: February 12, 2015, 07:22:57 AM »
I dunno, like, it was interesting! But... I don't know... it was just a bit... not slow per se... but also coupled with me not having a lot of spare time and freedom to watch them -____-
Currently part way through Ghost Hunt, have been for a while.  While I've found it to be a pretty good show, it is kind of slow and I just don't feel the desire to watch more.  Then again I have barely watched any anime for ages due to time constraints and other interests.
Well, if the adaptation is just slow as opposed to hilariously bad I don't really feel like watching it.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 07:56:52 AM by Fimbulvarg »

Koeshi

• Scout
« Reply #136 on: February 12, 2015, 07:30:31 AM »
I wouldn't consider it a bad show.  What I've seen of it so far has been well made, with decent characters and good (if a tad confusing) plot.  I just don't have the time for anime that I used to have and feel no pressure to finish the show off soon.

AquaAurion

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #137 on: February 12, 2015, 08:15:53 AM »
What's wrong with it? Now I'm genuinely curious.

There's nothing wrong with it, but it doesn't have the same atmosphere as the manga. I was seriously freaked out by some parts of the manga, instinctively pulling my feet up from the floor as I read, but the anime just didn't have that kind of feeling to it. I felt that some parts that had felt really spooky in the manga were rather silly in the anime.

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

FinnishViking

• Scout
  • Slender and sleep deprived
« Reply #138 on: February 13, 2015, 06:50:32 AM »
Okay watched the entire thing in two days and i did some what enjoy it.

None of the *insert meme about Creepy anime BS*

i have head people say about other shows so i think this one was a good one to start with. Also the story was left in quite the spot with the ever magical cellar still looming in the distance.

I guess i can mark this one to the table of "See immidiately when it comes out" and im pritty eager to see the next season.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 02:42:16 PM by FinnishViking »

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #139 on: February 13, 2015, 08:53:59 AM »
None of the {insert voluptuous picture}
Not sure what you define as "creepy anime BS", but yeah, Attack on Titan is a bit different. You'll have to wait until next year for season 2 though.

FinnishViking

• Scout
« Reply #140 on: February 13, 2015, 11:36:41 AM »
Not sure what you define as "creepy anime BS", but yeah, Attack on Titan is a bit different. You'll have to wait until next year for season 2 though.

I guess i was thinking about the fan servicy stuff with charicters with no aparent reason having their breasts shown and things like that.

Since im not familiar with anime and this was one of the things keeping me away from it i tought it was quite a good thing.

Didn't season 2 get pushed back due to some strife in Japan? I remember it being promised for this autumm, but then something happened.

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #141 on: February 13, 2015, 11:58:16 AM »

Could you please remove that picture?  It's a bit more risqué than I'd like to allow.  Apt, but risqué. 

Glad you enjoyed the show! 
While your starting your anime adventures, you might want to watch "Full Metal Alchemist,"  or "Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood."  They are two different versions of the same show, and the stories are quite different.  I'd recommend Brotherhood, personally.  They're similar to AoT in that they don't have a bunch of weird stuff in them, and they have nice stories. 
Feel free to PM.

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #142 on: February 13, 2015, 11:59:40 AM »
I guess i was thinking about the fan servicy stuff with charicters with no aparent reason having their breasts shown and things like that.

Since im not familiar with anime and this was one of the things keeping me away from it i tought it was quite a good thing.

Didn't season 2 get pushed back due to some strife in Japan? I remember it being promised for this autumm, but then something happened.
As far as I know the news about a 2015 release were just hoax to begin with. I've never heard of any strife related to the release.

Koeshi

• Scout
« Reply #143 on: February 13, 2015, 12:59:23 PM »
FMA, not weird? I think we may have seen different shows.  Sure it may be lacking in fanservice but its still got its own weirdness.

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #144 on: February 13, 2015, 01:14:01 PM »
FMA, not weird? I think we may have seen different shows.  Sure it may be lacking in fanservice but its still got its own weirdness.
Everything is relative. On a scale from 0 to FLCL Full Metal Alchemist is rather docile.

FinnishViking

• Scout
« Reply #145 on: February 13, 2015, 02:48:25 PM »
Could you please remove that picture?  It's a bit more risqué than I'd like to allow.  Apt, but risqué. 

Glad you enjoyed the show! 
While your starting your anime adventures, you might want to watch "Full Metal Alchemist,"  or "Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood."  They are two different versions of the same show, and the stories are quite different.  I'd recommend Brotherhood, personally.  They're similar to AoT in that they don't have a bunch of weird stuff in them, and they have nice stories.

Picture has been removed as recomended.

The weirdness itself doesn't really concer me personally since i have evolved to have quite a twisted and dark sense of humor in the years of internet so Full metal alchemist might be on my list next. Will propably have to wait for some time since i enjoy watching all the episodes back to back, but the skiholiday is only 2 weeks away and that could be quite a good way to spend time.

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #146 on: February 13, 2015, 02:49:45 PM »

Hey, Eich, point of order:  Would Finn have been OK posting a link to that GIF?

I personally didn't object to his graphic (even though I'm a raging feminist), since he was doing it to make a point rather than just get his jollies or troll the rest of us. 

However, I can see that if you let that one stand, you'd be opening the door to other, possibly more offensive images.  (I don't think we have any Rules Lawyers or wannabe Larry Flynts among our members, but you never know...)

I also know that this is meant to be an all-ages forum.  So if that's where you draw the line, I'm with you.
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #147 on: February 14, 2015, 08:03:15 PM »
Link would've been... okay
I wouldn't have appreciated it, but it would've been okay.
Just... please don't.
Feel free to PM.

FinnishViking

• Scout
« Reply #148 on: February 18, 2015, 01:04:41 PM »
Okay now that i'm in a tad better shape and can actually use a computer to post heres a small update.

During the two days of me being sick i watched the enterity of Fullmetal alchemist brotherhood so thats about 33 or so hours out of 48.
Really liked the show, but the ending was irritating beond beliave and that really got me a bit pissed at it, but hey the entirity was good so i don't mind that much.
More of the before mentioned "Anime BS", but i got used to it and i guess it balanced out the grimmer stuff.

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #149 on: February 18, 2015, 01:23:20 PM »
Okay now that i'm in a tad better shape and can actually use a computer to post heres a small update.

During the two days of me being sick i watched the enterity of Fullmetal alchemist brotherhood so thats about 33 or so hours out of 48.
Really liked the show, but the ending was irritating beond beliave and that really got me a bit pissed at it, but hey the entirity was good so i don't mind that much.
More of the before mentioned "Anime BS", but i got used to it and i guess it balanced out the grimmer stuff.
Wait, did you anything but watch FMA and sleep in the span of these two days?

I think FMA managed its "landing" better than a whole lot of other animes (looking at you Naruto and Bleach). Out of interest though, what do you consider an example of Anime BS in FMA?