Author Topic: Anime Discussion  (Read 76871 times)

PickleChip

• Scout
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • c[]xxx[]:::::::::::::::>
  • Preferred pronouns: all of them, they're all mine now, i stole them
Re: Anime Discussion
« Reply #495 on: March 24, 2017, 05:07:28 PM »
Well you should watch Voltron too if you haven't had the chance yet.
I second that motion
If I'm both pan and genderfluid, then no matter who I like, it's gay and I think that's beautiful
Fluent: :usa:
Learning: all?
:chap12::book2::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Abprallen

• Scout
    • Tumblr
  • The Frenchiest of Fries
« Reply #496 on: March 26, 2017, 06:17:13 AM »
I third the voltron suggestion. Binged both seasons on the days they came out, didn't regret a single second of it.

And J-Decker, if 'deceptively cute but devastating at the same time' is your thing.

PickleChip

• Scout
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #497 on: April 01, 2017, 03:24:01 PM »
IT'S ATTACK ON TITAN DAY!
If I'm both pan and genderfluid, then no matter who I like, it's gay and I think that's beautiful
:chap12::book2::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Athena

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • previously Luth Nightbreeze
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #498 on: April 01, 2017, 03:32:50 PM »
IT'S ATTACK ON TITAN DAY!

AFTER EONS OF WAITING SEASON TWO HAS FINALLY COME

I only wish I could say the same for Firefly
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

Auxivele

• Scout
  • ????????
  • Preferred pronouns: she/they
« Reply #499 on: April 08, 2017, 06:23:48 PM »
I third the voltron suggestion. Binged both seasons on the days they came out, didn't regret a single second of it.
That's what I watched instead of the inauguration. I can't say that I regret that decision.
~*~ a confused stop sign ~*~

Fluent: :canada: :usa: :australia: :uk:
Uhhhhh...: :japan: | (Used to be) Conversational: :mexico: | Super basic: :china: | hmm: :germany:, :ireland:, :wales: | I know the alphabet?: :russia:, :southkorea:, :greece:

:chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:

PickleChip

• Scout
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #500 on: April 30, 2017, 07:33:34 PM »
I recently watched Your Name, and also Garden of Words. I would definitely recommend these movies to anyone. They are absolutely beautiful!
These are some gifs of some of the animation, which I have stared at for hours.
Spoiler: show

Sorry for spamming all the gifs, I just, aaagghh. It's so beautiful! If you haven't seen them, they are both on KissAnime.

Athena

« Reply #501 on: May 03, 2017, 04:55:17 PM »
I recently watched Your Name, and also Garden of Words. I would definitely recommend these movies to anyone. They are absolutely beautiful!
These are some gifs of some of the animation, which I have stared at for hours.

Sorry for spamming all the gifs, I just, aaagghh. It's so beautiful! If you haven't seen them, they are both on KissAnime.

I watched Your Name a few weeks ago and it is absolutely beautiful and amazing!! I second that recommendation, I loved it!! ;D

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

SalmonKat

« Reply #502 on: May 13, 2017, 03:32:44 PM »
I've been on this thread before but I can't remember what I said so here's a update on anime I have watched and loved somewhat recently.
Aldnoah Zero, firstly, is about highschoolers going to war with mechs in space, but it may make you cry as well. And the Martian's English dialogue is wonderful.
The Irregular at Magic High School. I thought it would be goofy but it's actually full of interesting themes and drama and the way magic works is so well-developed.
Tales of Zestiria The X, high fantasy about fighting the demons of human negativity to save the world. Plus magical beings that are invisible to everyone except the main character.
I also read lots of manga but this isn't the thread for that.
Hi I'm SalmonKat.
English-French
A little Swedish and Latin.

Athena

« Reply #503 on: June 02, 2017, 01:36:10 AM »
Had a bit of free time and watched the Netflix original anime movie BLAME! this afternoon. Really interesting take on a post-apocalyptic scenario. I would highly recommend it if you're into apocalyptic scifi (which you probably are if you're on this forum ;)). The first thing I noticed about it is the costume and creature design is absolutely stunning - while the concept may be slightly cliche, the story is interesting and unique.

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
« Reply #504 on: June 02, 2017, 05:58:52 PM »
I keep forgetting to come over here to gush about anime, so I've got a small lineup here! The first is  Sakamoto desu ga? (Haven't you heard? I'm Sakamoto.), which is just bizarrely hilarious. Sakamoto can do the stupidest stuff, and yet somehow he looks cool doing it. It's a hoot  ;D Next, I watched Mob Psycho 100 because I had heard really good things about it, and boy did it deliver! The animation style takes a bit of getting used to, but it is beautifully animated, especially the scenes with evil spirits and esp. Plus I love the titular character, Mob (he's a part of my desktop background at the moment). Seriously, give this one a watch!
After Mob Psycho, I decided to check out One Punch Man, since both manga were written by the same person). Mob Psycho is my favorite of the two, but this one was also epic! Somehow, they managed to have an absolutely, utterly OP protagonist and still make the story really interesting. I mean, the guy can beat almost anyone in one punch, end of story. Also: props for some pretty awesome fight scene animation in this one, too.
Aaand most recently, I watched Boku no Hero Academia (My Hero Academia), which is currently airing and so waiting for each new episode is tortuous. I love me a good superhero story, and I equally love a good shounen anime, so this one hit the spot for me. Izuku is precious and I want to see him become a great hero like he dreams of sooooo badly. I was really impatient after catching up with the anime, so I went ahead and read all 140 chapters of the manga, and now I have to wait for that, too! x_x (P.S. if you watch this and don't like how little characterization the supporting cast gets in the first season, don't worry. In the second season and beyond they become much more fleshed out, since less time needs to be spent on exposition and story setting!) I'm totally on board with this becoming a long-running, multi-seasoned  epic that I watch for years to come!
And that about wraps up my long rambling about anime. Nobody asked for this, but if you see something here that you haven't heard of yet, I heartily recommend that you check it out!
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Basse

• Scout
  • I don't know what I'm doing!
« Reply #505 on: June 03, 2017, 05:13:49 PM »
Anyone here that has seen the new Berserk 2016 & 2017 series? The long awaited continue of the 1997-98 anime serie that was remade into 3 movies 2012.
Unfortunately it's a bad cgi anime which is still alright cause it's finally a continuation after all these years. The sound effects are utter horrible, anything (and I mean anything) can go CLANG, peasant gets cut "CLANG!", grabbing the sword handle "CLANG!".
The music is great but for some reason they decided to add Jazz Noir just randomly that doesn't even fit the anime because the character is having a monolog recap...
Still 2017 has slightly better cgi than 2016.
Small example under spoiler, warning for CLANGS!
Native: :sweden:
:chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:
:book3:

Vafhudr

• Ranger
« Reply #506 on: June 03, 2017, 05:52:53 PM »
I am loathe to inflict that upon myself.

Since I already loathe cgi in anime, that they used it for Berserk, a manga that is widely renowned for it's lavishly detailed art, is nothing short of insulting.
Language: :france::uk:
Some notions: :vaticancity: :greece:
A nostalgia for utopia...

Basse

• Scout
  • I don't know what I'm doing!
« Reply #507 on: June 03, 2017, 06:12:57 PM »
I am loathe to inflict that upon myself.

Since I already loathe cgi in anime, that they used it for Berserk, a manga that is widely renowned for it's lavishly detailed art, is nothing short of insulting.
The worst is that we got 3 movies that looks great, sound effects are awesome, where the intros keeps showing these characters that only shows up after the 3 movies telling us we will be getting more and this is what we get...
Although I must say that the reveal of the Berserk armor was pretty cool, probably because only the cape was moving most of the time  :'D
« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 06:16:49 PM by Basse »
Native: :sweden:
:chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:
:book3:

Auxivele

• Scout
  • ????????
  • Preferred pronouns: she/they
« Reply #508 on: June 03, 2017, 11:12:31 PM »
Just a tad late, but Your Name, Garden of Words, and literally everything else by Makoto Shinkai is amazing and everyone should go watch them.
~*~ a confused stop sign ~*~

Fluent: :canada: :usa: :australia: :uk:
Uhhhhh...: :japan: | (Used to be) Conversational: :mexico: | Super basic: :china: | hmm: :germany:, :ireland:, :wales: | I know the alphabet?: :russia:, :southkorea:, :greece:

:chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:

PickleChip

• Scout
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #509 on: June 04, 2017, 07:58:02 AM »
Just a tad late, but Your Name, Garden of Words, and literally everything else by Makoto Shinkai is amazing and everyone should go watch them.
Yes! They are so beautiful!