Author Topic: Anime Discussion  (Read 76639 times)

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
Re: Anime Discussion
« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2014, 07:59:43 AM »
So, this is awesome.
Link

This ... just makes me "e-ee!?" progressively louder. What is going on?

Eich

• Thor
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #46 on: October 04, 2014, 10:35:06 AM »
Beaten and salted and sort of "scrambled". I've tried it after seeing them do it at Subway, and it's not bad. Not my preferred method, but it works.
I've learned the art of flipping eggs without a spatula, so I make 'em... not sunny side up, but the one where you cut the yolk and let it run a bit.  I make it runny and put it on some toast.

Yup, back to topic.... My little sisters and I have watched (haha the list is so cliché but they're teenage girly-girls, what do you expect? ;3) Fruits Basket, Kamisama Hajimema****a, Ouran High School Host Club, the Devil is a Part-Timer (I don't even know why) and they've watched Honey and Clover (?) and Free! O__O

The studio Ghibli films are favorites too :3 heh, somehow, Princess Mononoke reminds me vaguely of SSSS but I don't know why at all! Maybe it was because of the nature spirits and that black squiggly evil stuff (that I can't remember because it's been years, even though I listen to the soundtrack a lot)

Edit: Heh, good to see the coarse language filter is working Eich! Even if it wasn't really...coarse language... X'P

Edit Edit: shoot I forgot Noragami and Blue Exorcist and Bleach! How did I forget those?!
I love Miyazaki's style.  Really want to watch the recent one about the aviation guy.  Can't remember the name, but it looked really good.
Yeah, it censors out swears inside of words it doesn't recognize, so people won't chain swears together.

This ... just makes me "e-ee!?" progressively louder. What is going on?
I wasn't really sure, at the end.  First I thought it was a dream, then he was the egg.  I just assumed it was either a fan animation, or a for-fun project by one of the show's animators.  Either way, it's really well done.
Feel free to PM.

Solovei

• Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #47 on: October 07, 2014, 01:40:12 PM »
I love Miyazaki's style.  Really want to watch the recent one about the aviation guy.  Can't remember the name, but it looked really good.

It's called "The Wind Rises" in English. (Kaze Tachinu in Japanese if that's easier to search by)
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Silenter

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • So sorry.
« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2014, 09:27:37 PM »
I'm really looking forward to watching The Wind Rises as well as The Tale of Princess Kaguya. The style and presentation of the trailers are getting me interested in it.

I'm considering watching Noragami, since I don't watch a lot of animation stuff nowadays (I'm lacking any sort of patience to watch anything long).

Half-crumbled I guess: :southkorea:
Main language: :usa:
:chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

Lenny

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Ninja.
  • Preferred pronouns: My name. They/them.
« Reply #49 on: October 26, 2014, 09:50:15 PM »
...Emma (and everything by that mangaka, really)...

Kaoru Mori fan!!! Aaaaah!! I never thought I'd ever meet another<3 I've been holding off on reading updates to her Bride's Tale, because I want to binge read and gasp at all the pretty art<3 Her art is beautiful. One of my few role models<3

I'm really looking forward to watching The Wind Rises as well as The Tale of Princess Kaguya. The style and presentation of the trailers are getting me interested in it.

I'm considering watching Noragami, since I don't watch a lot of animation stuff nowadays (I'm lacking any sort of patience to watch anything long).

I'm looking forward to those two, as well :D The Tale of Princess Kaguya has had me interested for years now, thanks to Wikipedia telling me it was in production. And I'm craving to watch The Wind Rises, but I'm saving it for the holidays, haha.

I recommend Noragami! I raced through that anime (don't do that often at all!) and then proceeded to race through the manga and its spinoffs and race through the OVA they released later (saving the second for a rainy day). And I'm addicted to the opening song, haha. As animes go, it's pretty short - that'd be a plus for you.
Am notified of private messages via email.

Noah O.

• Scout
  • History Geek
« Reply #50 on: October 30, 2014, 12:53:24 AM »
I was gonna go to sleep...but then I saw this.
I'm hunting for a certain anime that was on Adult Swim about 6-8 years ago. I was a little kid at the time, and seeing it really freaked me out. I want to find it again, to see if it was as creepy as I remember. It was about these samurai dudes....the episode that I watched featured a grotesque tentacle-brain monster that killed people then took over their form. Sound familiar to you guys? Any information leading to its capture will be rewarded with a haiku in your honor.

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #51 on: October 30, 2014, 06:52:44 AM »
I'm hunting for a certain anime that was on Adult Swim about 6-8 years ago. I was a little kid at the time, and seeing it really freaked me out. I want to find it again, to see if it was as creepy as I remember. It was about these samurai dudes....the episode that I watched featured a grotesque tentacle-brain monster that killed people then took over their form. Sound familiar to you guys? Any information leading to its capture will be rewarded with a haiku in your honor.
Might be afro samurai or samurai shamploo.  Haven't watched either all the way through, but they've both got random, weird stuff in them like that.
Feel free to PM.

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #52 on: October 30, 2014, 09:07:09 AM »

My first assumption was bleach (warning: blood and violence), but I'm not sure that fits all the points in your description.

Noah O.

• Scout
  • History Geek
« Reply #53 on: October 30, 2014, 05:31:38 PM »
My first assumption was bleach (warning: blood and violence), but I'm not sure that fits all the points in your description.
WHAAAAT! I actually never thought I'd see that again! Well, as promised I shall compose an honorific Haiku.

Most worthy Fimbulvarg
Your charity has my thanks
You are a true friend

Clayres

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Been back for a while now, I should change this :P
« Reply #54 on: November 01, 2014, 02:40:58 PM »
So then I thought: "Lets thow in my three all-time favourites!"
And here they are:

Cowboy Bebop ("Bang.")
Ghost in the Shell (There are to many good quotes, can't think of any of them...)
Wolf's Rain ("Let's meet again, next time in paradise."

Ranking may vary.

Also note that all of the soundtracks (for GitS at least the S.A.C. OSTs) are composed by Yoko Kanno-sama.
On to the Music Thread!
kind of getting along: :germany: :uk:

rusty: :spain:

very rusty: :vaticancity:

still trying (appearantly failing) to learn: :japan:

DzigaWatt

• Just 5 more mins
« Reply #55 on: November 08, 2014, 07:46:16 PM »
I'd recommend Tenchi Muyo: War on Geminar, if you are into giant mechas, it's a follow-up franchise, and a marvelous one in my opinion. At the moment, I'm pretty infatuated with watching Garo, the armor designs are overwhelming!
can discuss the meaning of life:
like a second mother-language:
won't starve:
dATumblr

Flicker

• Super-Newbie
  • cool kid on the block
« Reply #56 on: November 21, 2014, 05:44:54 PM »
So far I've seen the entirety of the Attack on Titan series and Dangan Ronpa (Trigger Happy Havoc) series. Any other suggestions for an anime newbie?

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #57 on: November 21, 2014, 05:47:11 PM »
So far I've seen the entirety of the Attack on Titan series and Dangan Ronpa (Trigger Happy Havoc) series. Any other suggestions for an anime newbie?
Fullmetal Alchemist and Cowboy Beebop.
2 essentials.
Feel free to PM.

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #58 on: November 21, 2014, 06:02:03 PM »
Fullmetal Alchemist and Cowboy Beebop.
2 essentials.

I'd prefer it if people watched Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood actually. The other one is just a silly anime adaption really.

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #59 on: November 21, 2014, 06:07:36 PM »
I'd prefer it if people watched Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood actually. The other one is just a silly anime adaption really.
Oh, right.  Forgot there were two versions...
Actually, I watched both, back to back.
Maybe just Brotherhood, though.
Feel free to PM.