Author Topic: The ARTD/SSSS Yarncrafters Club  (Read 81591 times)

NoFaceKnitter

• Super-Newbie
  • Drawing is a kind of hypnotism
  • Preferred pronouns: Yes, I am pro nouns. I am all for them.
Re: The ARTD/SSSS Yarncrafters Club
« Reply #495 on: June 20, 2016, 11:17:15 AM »
I shall post a link when the pattern is up and live on Ravelry. It will be a freebie.

Kiraly

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • SSSSinnamon roll
  • Preferred pronouns: she, her, etc.
« Reply #496 on: June 20, 2016, 12:25:50 PM »
Eeeeee!
I like the schemes you're using here. : D You're right, some of the ones she uses would be really difficult.
It looks great so far. < 3

This is already looking really good! I love the colours you've chosen, they go together nicely. Don't worry about the corners, you can make them sharper when you block the pieces. Can't wait to see this one finished!

Wow, these look really great! The corners will be more square if you block them/ sew them together.

Thanks! I'm pretty excited to see how it will all come together. And I'll definitely try the blocking thing once I get some more finished. :)

Finding SSS knitters.... what a great day.

I am Frances in the comments below SSSS. I have just enjoyed catching up on this thread. Are many of you on Ravelry? I would love to see an SSSS/RTD group there.

I am just about to post my first SSSS related pattern on Ravelry, and am looking for test knitters. Any of you sock knitters? Yes, I am the nut-case who started the "urgent socks" reference, for which I am innordinately proud.

The sock design/stitch pattern is inspired by Lalli, and an image in my head of him running through the Silent Lands, meandering through birch trees, sensing spirit forms and dangers. 

Welcome to the forum! Those socks sound really cool. I can't knit well enough to make socks, but I'll be excited to see what you've made!

I have a Ravelry account, but...I'm pretty bad at putting my projects on there, I usually just browse for patterns.
Languages: :usa: (native) :mexico: (conversational but out of practice) :germany: (attempting to learn)
Survivor: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #497 on: June 20, 2016, 12:36:14 PM »
Hi Frances! Good to see you here in the forum. Sock patterns would be great, I shall show them to the knitters in the town craft project. I've already introduced them to amigurumi.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

BlueSkyVail

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Became too obsessed in too little time.
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #498 on: June 20, 2016, 12:52:52 PM »
I am just about to post my first SSSS related pattern on Ravelry, and am looking for test knitters. Any of you sock knitters? Yes, I am the nut-case who started the "urgent socks" reference, for which I am innordinately proud.

The sock design/stitch pattern is inspired by Lalli, and an image in my head of him running through the Silent Lands, meandering through birch trees, sensing spirit forms and dangers.

Wait... The urgent-socks.... that was you? Quietly admires the creator of the urgent-socks
I really want to see your sock pattern now. I'm much less proficient at knitting than crochet, but it's SSSS-related... I'd try it out for that reason alone. ;)
“Life before Death. Strength before Weakness. Journey before Destination.”

Native: :usa:
Pretty okay I guess: :france:
:chap12:

NoFaceKnitter

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #499 on: June 21, 2016, 03:58:29 PM »
Hi Frances! Good to see you here in the forum. Sock patterns would be great, I shall show them to the knitters in the town craft project. I've already introduced them to amigurumi.

Hello, Roisin!

I am still knitting away on the Mage socks, inspired by Lalli. They are designed to give a sense of his character, rather than being anything he actually wears. I decided the socks should be long, so am working my way up the legs! I am not fast! It should be possible to get a couple of test knitters from Ravelry.

I can share my Ravelry project page, so you all get a preview here:
http://www.ravelry.com/projects/Kikoknit/mage

NoFaceKnitter

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #500 on: June 21, 2016, 04:03:16 PM »
Thank you, BlueSkyVail! (I was so delighted when LarsB included Urgent Socks in the list of welcoming gifts!!) I think it began when I mentioned knitting on my socks more and more urgently when the action was getting scary.

Helia

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #501 on: June 21, 2016, 05:01:09 PM »
Hello, Roisin!

I am still knitting away on the Mage socks, inspired by Lalli. They are designed to give a sense of his character, rather than being anything he actually wears. I decided the socks should be long, so am working my way up the legs! I am not fast! It should be possible to get a couple of test knitters from Ravelry.

I can share my Ravelry project page, so you all get a preview here:
http://www.ravelry.com/projects/Kikoknit/mage

Oh, this looks cool!
I'm a crocheteer and not that active on Ravelry (mostly pattern-hunting), but I would gladly join an ssss group there. (and finally upload my amigurumies...)
native: :hungary:  fluent: :uk:  special: :germany:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:

starfallz

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • MiSSSSionary
« Reply #502 on: June 21, 2016, 08:46:03 PM »
I just friended you on Ravelry!
Fluent: :usa: Rusty: :japan: Uh, what? :sweden:
Chapter Break Survivor: :artd: : :chap5: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Helia

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #503 on: June 26, 2016, 09:56:22 AM »
I uploaded the amigurumi tutorial to Ravelry at long last:
Emil and Lalli

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:

Ana Nymus

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
« Reply #504 on: June 26, 2016, 10:19:02 AM »
Emil and Lalli

Yesssss! *flees to her crochet hooks*

Seriously, though, I've been trying to learn how to knit and all I can think is "this would go so much faster if I were crocheting." They both have their advantages so I'm determined to learn but... *frustration*
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Yuuago

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #505 on: June 26, 2016, 11:53:41 AM »
Emil and Lalli

/happy scream!
Helia, you are a gem.

I suppose this is a good time for me to learn to crochet....
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Kiraly

• Tumblr
  • SSSSinnamon roll
  • Preferred pronouns: she, her, etc.
« Reply #506 on: June 26, 2016, 03:42:28 PM »
Emil and Lalli

Ooooooh! This is wonderful! Guess I'll have to start looking for appropriate yarn (and get some smaller hooks).
Languages: :usa: (native) :mexico: (conversational but out of practice) :germany: (attempting to learn)
Survivor: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

BlueSkyVail

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Became too obsessed in too little time.
« Reply #507 on: June 26, 2016, 05:13:19 PM »
Yay patterns!!! I have yet to get the necessary yarn, though... sigh.
“Life before Death. Strength before Weakness. Journey before Destination.”

Native: :usa:
Pretty okay I guess: :france:
:chap12:

Helia

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #508 on: June 26, 2016, 05:19:08 PM »
Yesssss! *flees to her crochet hooks*

Seriously, though, I've been trying to learn how to knit and all I can think is "this would go so much faster if I were crocheting." They both have their advantages so I'm determined to learn but... *frustration*

Yeah, one day I'll learn to knit. One day.
But there are still so many things to discover in crochet too :)

I can't wait to see someone making an actual doll following this tutorial; I have my doubts about my pattern-writing skills...
And please, please let me know if the instructions are unclear or wrong!

Tellurium

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #509 on: July 04, 2016, 03:27:56 PM »
Hey there! So for the past two and a half weeks I've been working on knitting some stand still stay silent gloves. This was the first time I have made gloves with fingers, as all of my others before had been fingerless. Because double pointed needles freak me out, all the pieces were knit separately then sewn together. The main focus is the SSSS emblem on the back of the hand, and I tried to make the cuff look similar to that of Lalli's arm glove things,where here they appear to wrap around the wrist. All in all, I'm glad with how they turned out. (Really hope the glove pictures load properly)