Author Topic: ✼ Heeded Highbound: Reboot ✼ {RP}  (Read 72541 times)

ILoveMySocksAndSweater

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • burn things.
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: ✼ Heeded Highbound: Reboot ✼ {RP}
« Reply #555 on: November 10, 2019, 12:11:31 PM »
Axel treated the injury silently.
Once this was done, he got into the tank, and vanished into the cargo area. Judging from the noises, he had chosen to sleep there.

Elin was still sitting in the same spot, staring into the fire. She was hugging her knees, shrinking into herself. How could I do the exact same thing as the rest of them and then be the one to yell at them for it? she thought, I wasn't thinking, I'm never thinking. I never think before... anything. The lump in her throat swelled, but she kept it in. They're all going to hate me. They'll think I'm stupid, angry, weak... not self-aware... Oh, gods

Elin stood up and wiped her face with her hand. Sitting at this fire any longer wasn't going to do any good. She wandered over to the tank, she had forgotten to eat due to all the... havoc. Might as well just grab something to eat. She wandered into the cargo area and headed over to the food supply when she tripped over something big. Regaining her balance, Elin looked back to what she had tripped over.

It was Axel. ":iceland: What the hell..." she whispered to herself.

She tried to nudge Axel out of the way with her foot but he hardly budged. Trying any harder to move him wasn't worth the effort. The food she needed was in the top box, but Axel was right where she needed to stand. Easy fix, she stepped on Axel and quickly grabbed some crackers out of the top box. The man didn't wake.

Feeling a bit better and munching on her crackers, she wandered over to Anne. ":sweden: Hey, Anne. I'm gonna go to sleep soon, but you might want to know that Axel is asleep in the cargo room," she stuffed a few more crackers in her face, "Should we do something about that or... ?"
socks

Speaks: :usa:
Learning: :france: :sweden:

Nellie McEnt

• Scout
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: she/they/he/it
« Reply #556 on: November 10, 2019, 06:42:24 PM »
Rúnar calmingly raised his hand to imply he was quite alright. He looked slightly messed up physically, but he seemed completely undisturbed, and moved normally as he was cleaning up.

Sanni grimaced and walked purposefully over to him. :iceland: "At least let me clean you up. Or do it yourself."
Speaks: 🇺🇸/🇬🇧
Learning (and not particularly good at): 🇨🇳, Latin
carpe diem

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Temteno

« Reply #557 on: November 11, 2019, 03:02:37 AM »
Axel treated the injury silently.
Once this was done, he got into the tank, and vanished into the cargo area. Judging from the noises, he had chosen to sleep there.

Anne watched Axel treating his injury with a keen eye. When he was done, she let her attention slip and put all the unused equipment back to the first-aid kit. She glanced around to see Sanni talk with Runar - good, she took care of him then.
Anne focused on her breathing. She closed her eyes and didn't move from her place.

Feeling a bit better and munching on her crackers, she wandered over to Anne. ":sweden: Hey, Anne. I'm gonna go to sleep soon, but you might want to know that Axel is asleep in the cargo room," she stuffed a few more crackers in her face, "Should we do something about that or... ?"

Anne twitched and opened immediately her eyes. She stood up and turned to Elin as she listened her concern. After it she sighed and pressed her temples.
:sweden: "Jävlar, Axel! Hon är omöjligt och-"
She inhaled deeply again and let her hand fall from her temples. It's not time to curse when things were already tense enough before.
Anne looked at Elin and shook her head finally.
:sweden: "Let him sleep there then if he wants so badly to sulk", she said with frustrated voice.
:sweden: "I will talk tomorrow with him."
She looked Elin for a lingering moment and almost opened her mouth to say something. Nothing came out though and Anne was quiet again.

:sweden: "Could you explain to me what really happened? I know that Axel pressed the buttons and nothing happened, but everything after that is beyond me", she asked now with a calmer voice and crossed her arms.

ILoveMySocksAndSweater

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • burn things.
« Reply #558 on: November 11, 2019, 10:28:05 AM »
Anne watched Axel treating his injury with a keen eye. When he was done, she let her attention slip and put all the unused equipment back to the first-aid kit. She glanced around to see Sanni talk with Runar - good, she took care of him then.
Anne focused on her breathing. She closed her eyes and didn't move from her place.

Anne twitched and opened immediately her eyes. She stood up and turned to Elin as she listened her concern. After it she sighed and pressed her temples.
:sweden: "Jävlar, Axel! Hon är omöjligt och-"
She inhaled deeply again and let her hand fall from her temples. It's not time to curse when things were already tense enough before.
Anne looked at Elin and shook her head finally.
:sweden: "Let him sleep there then if he wants so badly to sulk", she said with frustrated voice.
:sweden: "I will talk tomorrow with him."
She looked Elin for a lingering moment and almost opened her mouth to say something. Nothing came out though and Anne was quiet again.

:sweden: "Could you explain to me what really happened? I know that Axel pressed the buttons and nothing happened, but everything after that is beyond me", she asked now with a calmer voice and crossed her arms.

Elin could tell that Anne was frustrated, she gave a concerned look and began calmly recounting the events as she had witnessed them, ":sweden: The first thing I saw happen was that frying pan that Runar threw at Axel. I hadn't known Axel had pushed the detonators at that point so I kind of freaked out on Runar. I punched him because I thought he was trying to kill Axel - it doesn't really make sense why I thought that, I mean why would he do that even? I guess that's just what it looked like in the moment, but still it was, I was stupid- Runar got up and went to go apologize to Axel, but then Axel pulled him down to the ground and stuck a knife to his throat. I saw that and I freaked out again,I was so stupid. I did the same thing. I- I understand if you hate me and you want to leave me out here in the Silent World, I'll probably just mess more things up anyway..."

Elin got more watery-eyed as her recount of events went on, but she sniffled a bit and wiped her eyes then noticed Anne again, ":sweden: Have you eaten anything yet tonight? You can have some of my food if you want, or I could go get you more?"
socks

Solokov

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #559 on: November 11, 2019, 01:09:51 PM »

Jack awoke with a start on the grassy gnoll of his haven and stretches as he stands up.

'Been a bit since I've been here...too sleepy to sleep most nights...'

Gone are his roughspun and heavily patched shirt and pants, instead a relatively decent looking pair of slacks and a woolen longcoat had taken their place. The gray scarf remained though, obscuring everything of his face below his nose. In the low light of the dream his green eyes pierced the darkness as he cast a gaze around and finished his stretching and conjured up his bow and violin and began to warm up.

As the bow caught the strings various faerie lights lit up around his haven bathing the grassy area with cool and warm lights as he slowly stepped along, swaying in time to the music like a reed in a breeze as he made his way towards the edge of the solid ground and to the boggy edges of his personal corner of the dream.

A few minutes of playing was all it took for a group of silvery sheets with humanoid forms, old ghosts with melancholy souls had hadn't quite forgot what it was like to be living, to take shape at the edge of the dirt. They twisted and spun in time to the music like leaves caught in a whirling breeze. As Jack came to realize he had a small audience he shifted his music to a slower and more somber tone for the ashrays to dance to.

As he slowly swayed to the somber tones from his violin Jack glanced about to see if anything new had sprouted up in soft bogs and waterways that made up the pathways out of his Haven.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 12:49:24 PM by Solokov »
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Temteno

« Reply #560 on: November 11, 2019, 01:44:50 PM »
[Elin having a mental breakdown.]

Anne listened the story with keen ear. It was all just misunderstandings after another and it all led to this situation. She felt anger bubbling up, but she tried to hold it down when Elin got into a clear panick.
She looked at Elin quietly and patted her on the shoulder. Anne gave a small smile to her and tried to calm her breathing.
:sweden: "Elin, I wouldn't hate any of you."
She rubbed with a firm take her shoulder and looked firmly at her.
:sweden: "It was a misunderstanding from the start. Everybody in that situation made mistakes, even me. Don't beat yourself over it too much, just remember for the next time."
Anne patted few times her shoulder and then let her hand fall down.

Elin got more watery-eyed as her recount of events went on, but she sniffled a bit and wiped her eyes then noticed Anne again, ":sweden: Have you eaten anything yet tonight? You can have some of my food if you want, or I could go get you more?"

She shook her head and kept her smile.
:sweden: "I will stay on watch and make something for myself later. Get some rest, we all need it."
The stranger's words and the ones Axel had translated were on her mind still on top of this all and Anne felt restless.

Kitty

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • blueberry juice
« Reply #561 on: November 11, 2019, 01:50:40 PM »
Sanni grimaced and walked purposefully over to him. :iceland: "At least let me clean you up. Or do it yourself."

:iceland: "I assure you I am quite alright. I will clean up before I go to bed" he said. He didn't look like he was faking being fine. He was fine. He was just lightly shaken and messed up. One of those is easy to fix, and neither really required assistance.

Elin being Kyösti

Rúnar was cleaning up, and while passing by, he heard... enough. He gave Elin a pat on the back. :norway: "You did good. I was a jerk. Don't feel bad."
« Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 02:24:53 PM by Kitty »

Native: :hr:
Fluent: :gb: :us: :ba: :rs:
Can kinda understand but not really: :si:
Not really: :de:

ILoveMySocksAndSweater

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • burn things.
« Reply #562 on: November 11, 2019, 01:57:47 PM »
Anne listened the story with keen ear. It was all just misunderstandings after another and it all led to this situation. She felt anger bubbling up, but she tried to hold it down when Elin got into a clear panick.
She looked at Elin quietly and patted her on the shoulder. Anne gave a small smile to her and tried to calm her breathing.
:sweden: "Elin, I wouldn't hate any of you."
She rubbed with a firm take her shoulder and looked firmly at her.
:sweden: "It was a misunderstanding from the start. Everybody in that situation made mistakes, even me. Don't beat yourself over it too much, just remember for the next time."
Anne patted few times her shoulder and then let her hand fall down.

She shook her head and kept her smile.
:sweden: "I will stay on watch and make something for myself later. Get some rest, we all need it."
The stranger's words and the ones Axel had translated were on her mind still on top of this all and Anne felt restless.

Elin put her hand on her shoulder, giving a faint smile, ":sweden: Yeah... okay- um thanks. Yeah, thank you."

She walked to her bunk, feeling just a bit better, and did her best to fall asleep.
socks

Temteno

« Reply #563 on: November 11, 2019, 02:39:48 PM »
Elin put her hand on her shoulder, giving a faint smile, ":sweden: Yeah... okay- um thanks. Yeah, thank you."

She walked to her bunk, feeling just a bit better, and did her best to fall asleep.

Anne sighed from a little relief and watched as Elin went off to sleep. Their campfire didn't go too well, but at least she can do some sort of damage control.
She turned to Runar and Sanni, who both were taking care of things. She ruffled her own hair and didn't pester Runar. Anne walked instead to Sanni and waved her hand.
:sweden: "You should go to sleep already, others but you and Runar have already gone-", she went suddenly tense when realized her sentence. The stranger was nowhere to see - she had forgotten him completely for a moment.
Anne cursed in her head and pressed her mouth shut.
:sweden: "...so yeah. I'm sure Runar comes soon", she added. Anne had seen these two around each other often.

Nellie McEnt

• Scout
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #564 on: November 11, 2019, 02:41:45 PM »
:iceland: "I assure you I am quite alright. I will clean up before I go to bed" he said. He didn't look like he was faking being fine. He was fine. He was just lightly shaken and messed up. One of those is easy to fix, and neither really required assistance.

Sanni narrowed her eyes at Rúnar, but before she could argue further he had walked off. Gods. She figured it wasn't worth going after him and turned to Anne. :iceland: "I--Rúnar seems to be doing all right. Could I go to bed?"
carpe diem

Temteno

« Reply #565 on: November 11, 2019, 03:01:00 PM »
Sanni narrowed her eyes at Rúnar, but before she could argue further he had walked off. Gods. She figured it wasn't worth going after him and turned to Anne. :iceland: "I--Rúnar seems to be doing all right. Could I go to bed?"

Anne blinked few times when she heard an Icelandic answer to her. She smiled with a little empty look and froze for few moments.
:iceland: "Nai Icelanda", she said.

Kitty

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • blueberry juice
« Reply #566 on: November 13, 2019, 01:01:53 PM »
As quietly as he could, Rúnar quickly cleaned up everything that was left of their little gathering. By then, everybody went to sleep, so he locked all the tank doors and activated the proximity alarm.
And then he went directly to bed.
Because he drove all day and then had a fight.
He was tired.
Especially too tired to calmly deal with things.

So, sleep.

Soon, he quietly started snoring in his bunk.

With his black hair freely flowing down his back, Rúnar stepped on the hexagonal stones on the ground. With the loud waterfall behind him, and the black stone formations below his feet, it truly felt like he was home again. And in a way, he was. Comfortable white and blue Icelandic mage robes, covered in runes, also made him feel better.

He could hear the music coming from somewhere. A small bird landed on his shoulder as he walked out of his haven onto the water. Curious, he started walking towards the source.

Native: :hr:
Fluent: :gb: :us: :ba: :rs:
Can kinda understand but not really: :si:
Not really: :de:

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #567 on: November 13, 2019, 03:18:12 PM »
Inside a hollow crate, Axel recovered his balance.
The Icelander distrusted him more than he had anticipated. Clearly, he had erred somewhere. He'd nearly lost control for a moment. It could not happen again. There was a great deal at stake here, and he'd need everyone alive if he wanted to accomplish anything.
Which was difficult since nobody seemed to grasp just how unsafe they were, but that was his job. Wards could be corrupted, slipped past, or otherwise circumvented. Physical traps always were a necessity.
OutsideunsafeinsideunsafecrewunsafeworldunsafesecureitsecureITSECUREIT
Inside the empty crate, Axel sank his teeth into the meat of his forearm, the sudden spike of pain and taste of blood cutting off the panic.
In. Out. Mask on.
He dressed the fresh wound silently - just another one on a body covered in the faded marks of violence.
In. Out. Plan.
His immediate surroundings were secure. Rúnar could be avoided in the future. Contact with others could be increased, to prevent Rúnar from attacking again.
First, Elin. She had acted in defense of the crew and the mission.
Then, Amelia and Anne.
The others, if necessary. Perhaps an overcommitment of energy and effort. Perhaps not.
Then there were the foreigners, who spoke the language of home with such ease. He would need to determine what they were like, but on the outside they seemed admirably determined to keep themselves safe.
That was all for the morning.
Axel slept, and dreamed of nothing.
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

Nellie McEnt

• Scout
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #568 on: November 15, 2019, 09:04:09 AM »
Anne blinked few times when she heard an Icelandic answer to her. She smiled with a little empty look and froze for few moments.
:iceland: "Nai Icelanda", she said.

:norway: "Oh! I'm sorry," said Sanni. She was tired and still hadn't completely sorted out who spoke what language. She repeated her question in Norwegian.
carpe diem

Solokov

• Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #569 on: November 15, 2019, 02:34:34 PM »

With his black hair freely flowing down his back, Rúnar stepped on the hexagonal stones on the ground. With the loud waterfall behind him, and the black stone formations below his feet, it truly felt like he was home again. And in a way, he was. Comfortable white and blue Icelandic mage robes, covered in runes, also made him feel better.

He could hear the music coming from somewhere. A small bird landed on his shoulder as he walked out of his haven onto the water. Curious, he started walking towards the source.

As Runar made his way towards the music and Jack's Haven the music slowly became more and more distinct. He had changed the time from a more somber tone to something more upbeat.

It finally becomes clear that Jack is actually singing along to the tune as well,
"Last thoughts of a life by candlelight,
Halfway, between the black and gray
It's no place for a life to fade away,"

His voice and violin echoed across the bogs and soft earth separating the Haven's and the group of silvery ghosts at the edge of Jack's haven continued to sway and twist in time to the song.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.