Author Topic: ✼ Heeded Highbound: Reboot ✼ {RP}  (Read 72529 times)

Temteno

Re: ✼ Heeded Highbound: Reboot ✼ {RP}
« Reply #525 on: November 05, 2019, 01:54:49 PM »
:norway: "I said we gotta deal with Axel before he blows us up" Rúnar said. He opened the door of the tank. "Axel!" he called.

Anne's face went white for a moment and she glanced around with alerted look. She was searching something frantically with her look.

Rúnar was equally calm. :iceland: "Where have you been, what have you done, and where did you obtain the landmines?" he asked. "Or other explosives. Again, what have you done?"
:norway: "Landmines? What? No, the commanders don't want landmines, so I didn't plant those. Just needed to stick some more flare traps around, since there's openings that a creature will avoid normally but if commanded will push through." He smiled. "Now we have a very secure perimeter, and I rigged up a return system so I don't have to spend two hours tomorrow disarming everything."

Anne pressed fingers to her temples and sighed to herself. She removed herself from this situation for a moment and pretended that she didn't hear anything of this. Anne let her hand fall from her face and stared both Axel and Runar.
:denmark: "Look, it's about what the Silent Lander said, right?" she said immediately to Axel and rubbed her eyes and arms.
:denmark: "I went and talked with him", which was a bit of an overestimating thing to say, "and I got the words 'control', 'fiends and kelpies' and something about 'they don't'"

Anne glanced behind the fire where Elin and Sanni were still doing something by themselves. The stranger was sitting further away.
She looked at Axel again.
:denmark: "I don't know what he meant with them, so could you go and talk with him about it?" she asked and ruffled her hair with frustration and face white as sheet.

ILoveMySocksAndSweater

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • burn things.
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #526 on: November 06, 2019, 09:54:50 AM »

Anne glanced behind the fire where Elin and Sanni were still doing something by themselves. The stranger was sitting further away.
:denmark: "I don't know what he meant with them, so could you go and talk with him about it?" she asked and ruffled her hair with frustration and face white as sheet.

Elin leaned back and folded her arms, looking from all the other crew members then back to Sanni, ":iceland: What do you think they're going on about? I keep hearing the word 'explosives.'"
socks

Speaks: :usa:
Learning: :france: :sweden:

Nellie McEnt

• Scout
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: she/they/he/it
« Reply #527 on: November 06, 2019, 08:25:53 PM »
Elin leaned back and folded her arms, looking from all the other crew members then back to Sanni, ":iceland: What do you think they're going on about? I keep hearing the word 'explosives.'"

Sanni looked up; she had retreated into herself, lost in thought. :iceland: "I have no idea," she said, shaking her head.
Speaks: 🇺🇸/🇬🇧
Learning (and not particularly good at): 🇨🇳, Latin
carpe diem

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

ILoveMySocksAndSweater

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • burn things.
« Reply #528 on: November 06, 2019, 08:35:26 PM »
Sanni looked up; she had retreated into herself, lost in thought. :iceland: "I have no idea," she said, shaking her head.

Elin nodded, not at all less slightly worried, ":iceland: At least we're on the same page then."

She stared into the fire and said mostly to herself, "This is good because this is not explosives."
socks

Ragnarok

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #529 on: November 06, 2019, 08:38:52 PM »
Anne's face went white for a moment and she glanced around with alerted look. She was searching something frantically with her look.

Anne pressed fingers to her temples and sighed to herself. She removed herself from this situation for a moment and pretended that she didn't hear anything of this. Anne let her hand fall from her face and stared both Axel and Runar.
:denmark: "Look, it's about what the Silent Lander said, right?" she said immediately to Axel and rubbed her eyes and arms.
:denmark: "I went and talked with him", which was a bit of an overestimating thing to say, "and I got the words 'control', 'fiends and kelpies' and something about 'they don't'"

Axel shrugged. :norway: "Sure."

He stalked over to where Jack was sitting. :scotland: "What exactly did you tell Anne?"
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

Solokov

• Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #530 on: November 07, 2019, 09:41:45 AM »
Axel shrugged. :norway: "Sure."

He stalked over to where Jack was sitting. :scotland: "What exactly did you tell Anne?"

Jack hadn't exactly been paying attention  and when Axel started talking his head jerked up in surprise from where he had been adjusting the strings of his violin.

the subtle flow of magic he'd been infusing into the strings faded into the night as his concentration was broken.

He blinks a couple times recalling the questions Anne had asked,

":scotland: she asked me to clarify what I said to you...and I told her my phrasing was bad and... Kind of implied that hags have power over fiends and kelpies, when it's just they gain power from the corrupt magics that Kelpies and fiends produce...also there's none out here that I know of, I can pick up their tune from far off...if that makes any sense... They just bring a weird... discord to the flow of magic around them.. very distinct...most mage's can sense them from leagues away and know to stay away..."
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #531 on: November 07, 2019, 10:01:49 AM »
Jack hadn't exactly been paying attention  and when Axel started talking his head jerked up in surprise from where he had been adjusting the strings of his violin.

the subtle flow of magic he'd been infusing into the strings faded into the night as his concentration was broken.

He blinks a couple times recalling the questions Anne had asked,

":scotland: she asked me to clarify what I said to you...and I told her my phrasing was bad and... Kind of implied that hags have power over fiends and kelpies, when it's just they gain power from the corrupt magics that Kelpies and fiends produce...also there's none out here that I know of, I can pick up their tune from far off...if that makes any sense... They just bring a weird... discord to the flow of magic around them.. very distinct...most mage's can sense them from leagues away and know to stay away..."

Axel blinked. "Huh. Guess I don't need these, then."
He gathered up his necklace of detonators and hit the triggers all at the same time.
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Solokov

« Reply #532 on: November 07, 2019, 10:35:58 AM »
He gathered up his necklace of detonators and hit the triggers all at the same time.

Jack glances at Axel's actions, shrugs and returns his attention to his violin, as he has no idea what the explosive detonators are.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.

Kitty

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • blueberry juice
« Reply #533 on: November 07, 2019, 04:33:36 PM »

The largest frying pan comes flying directly at Axel's head.

Native: :hr:
Fluent: :gb: :us: :ba: :rs:
Can kinda understand but not really: :si:
Not really: :de:

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #534 on: November 07, 2019, 04:37:11 PM »

The pan bounced off the back of Axel's head with a loud clang.
The Viking went cross-eyed, and fell over.
There was a series of loud twanging noises, and several dozen bundles of wires and metal hurled themselves into the air towards the tank.
All of them landed in an empty cardboard box.

Ylva stalked towards Rúnar, growling low in her throat.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2019, 04:39:50 PM by Ragnarok »

Solokov

« Reply #535 on: November 07, 2019, 06:18:49 PM »

There was a series of loud twanging noises, and several dozen bundles of wires and metal hurled themselves into the air towards the tank.

Jack, was surprisingly quick on his feet as he dodge rolled backwards away from Axel, the fire, the pan and Runar and glanced about trying to determine what all had just happened.

Spoiler: ooc • show
dark souls intensifies

":scotland: what? Why...?...what?"
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,

ILoveMySocksAndSweater

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • burn things.
« Reply #536 on: November 08, 2019, 08:08:38 AM »

Elin had been idly watching the rest of the crew, she just so happened to have her focus on Axel and new-guy when a very large flying pan flew into her view and hit Axel directly in the head. The huge man toppled onto the ground. She looked in the direction of where the pan came from. Rúnar.

Elin marched up to Rúnar (with complete disregard for the angry wolf making its way toward the man as well) and decked him.

She was red-faced and fuming, ":iceland: Are you trying to KILL our teammates?!"
« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 08:10:17 AM by ILoveMySocksAndSweater »
socks

Kitty

• blueberry juice
« Reply #537 on: November 08, 2019, 04:41:11 PM »
Elin had been idly watching the rest of the crew, she just so happened to have her focus on Axel and new-guy when a very large flying pan flew into her view and hit Axel directly in the head. The huge man toppled onto the ground. She looked in the direction of where the pan came from. Rúnar.

Elin marched up to Rúnar (with complete disregard for the angry wolf making its way toward the man as well) and decked him.

She was red-faced and fuming, ":iceland: Are you trying to KILL our teammates?!"

Rúnar fell on the ground, clearly unused to being punched. :iceland: "I apologize. I saw he was about to press all the detonators he was holding, and I reacted without thinking." He was feeling slightly dizzy, and a bruise was forming on his face. "I did not mean... I apologize" he said again, and attempted to get up. He walked up to Axel. "Is he going to be well?" he asked Sanni.

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #538 on: November 08, 2019, 04:46:04 PM »
Rúnar fell on the ground, clearly unused to being punched. :iceland: "I apologize. I saw he was about to press all the detonators he was holding, and I reacted without thinking." He was feeling slightly dizzy, and a bruise was forming on his face. "I did not mean... I apologize" he said again, and attempted to get up. He walked up to Axel. "Is he going to be well?" he asked Sanni.

Axel's hand shot out, grabbed Runar's ankle, and yanked hard, pulling the larger man to the ground. The redhead moved far faster than a man that size should've been capable of, and in a flash he was sitting on Rúnar's chest, blood dripping down his face from his head wound. Some of it fell onto Rúnar's face.
An extremely large knife was slammed point-first next to Rúnar's neck, and it quivered slightly as Axel let go of it.
:norway: "Do not do that again," Axel said, very quietly, in a completely unaccented tone. After a moment, he stood up, and walked away. 
« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 04:47:47 PM by Ragnarok »

Kitty

• blueberry juice
« Reply #539 on: November 08, 2019, 04:48:38 PM »
Axel's hand shot out, grabbed Runar's ankle, and yanked hard, pulling the larger man to the ground. The redhead moved far faster than a man that size should've been capable of, and in a flash he was sitting on Rúnar's chest, blood dripping down his face from his head wound. An extremely large knife was slammed point-first next to Rúnar's neck, and quivered slightly as Axel let go of it.
:norway: "Do not do that again," Axel said, very quietly, in a completely unaccented tone. After a moment, he stood up, and walked away.

All blood was gone from Rúnar's face, but he still kept a calm voice. :iceland: "You should not do that either. Have Sanni check your injury."