Author Topic: ✼ Heeded Highbound: Reboot ✼ {RP}  (Read 72543 times)

Ragnarok

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
Re: ✼ Heeded Highbound: Reboot ✼ {RP}
« Reply #435 on: October 07, 2019, 04:44:34 PM »
Elin hardly understood a lick of what Axel had just said, but she got the message (somewhat) and she knew what she had come over here to attempt to do, be diplomatic.

Elin slowly turned to Axel and started speaking, talking as much with her hands as with her words to get the point across, ":sweden: I'm gonna need you to translate for me," she looked desperate, "Can you please tell the two people at the gate that I say, 'Hello, I'm Elin Bergström. We're from what we thought were the only remaining countries over... uh- there,'" Elin waved off toward where they came. "'Our new friend here' -oh no, I've forgotten his name, please say his name instead of 'new guy'- 'Our new friend here, new guy, was going to show us around a bit if that's alright. Also, it's very nice to meet you."

Elin gave a trying smile at Axel and hoped that he would somehow be able to get the message across.

Axel translated faithfully.
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

Temteno

« Reply #436 on: October 07, 2019, 05:03:55 PM »
Jack arched an eyebrow.

":scotland: I was honestly just going to have them park on the side of the road here... it's close enough in the standingstones will protect, and far enough out the greatward will keep something out, I've even got my own ward plates to wrap an extra layer of net around them just in case, plus it's outside the town proper too."

He glanced back to see who else might be coming from the tank, hoping it isn't just Axel... while he'd be glad for someone who can speak the language, one of the others would be a... probably better face for the gate guards to meet.

The man and Bearnas looked at Jack and looked unsure.
:scotland: "Well that's the problem here. It isn't any less dangerous to leave them out of the barrier after the-", Bearnas continued her ramble and looked genuinely distressed. The man let his hand fall on her shoulder, but didn't look any less worried. He was just more composed.

Axel seemed either unaware of this or just didn't care, but he did make an effort to appear nonthreatening despite his...unconventional appearance...as he approached the gate guards. He consulted a list in his hand. :scotland: "My name's Axel Johansen, since we weren't expecting to find living people I'm the only one who speaks Gaelic. I'll be translating for whoever actually wants to handle diplomacy..."

The guards tensed immediately when they saw a man with a pure white jacket. They both looked less suspicious after they heard him speaking their own language and they glanced behind them to see if there were others coming. Looks like they had to handle this themselves.

Then the red haired woman appeared and there was a rather quick exchange with her and the man. Bearnas stepped forward and the man stayed slightly behind her. She stared them with icy eyes as the man was just very distressed.

Axel translated faithfully.

Bearnas stared this Elin Bergström and huffed. Her icy glare didn't ease, but the woman nodded slowly.
She didn't look like a danger, but then again...
:scotland: "The Tree told us that. You strangers came from beyond", she said the obvious. For a moment she looked like she lost her words.
:scotland: "...do your countries have the disease?"
Bearnas didn't beat the bushes around. The man had covered his face with his hand and looked like he wasn't going to touch the strange travelers even with a long stick.

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #437 on: October 07, 2019, 06:26:10 PM »
Spoiler: never mind me just passing through la la • show

https://www.visitjohnogroats.com/shopping/first-last-gift-shop/  Don't forget to visit the gift shop, including our new series of fluffy seal-beast toys, with detachable tentacles!
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Solokov

• Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #438 on: October 07, 2019, 07:31:19 PM »
:scotland: "Well that's the problem here. It isn't any less dangerous to leave them out of the barrier after the-", Bearnas continued her ramble and looked genuinely distressed. The man let his hand fall on her shoulder, but didn't look any less worried. He was just more composed.

Jack arched his eyebrow further, but decided not to prod just yet.

Bearnas didn't beat the bushes around. The man had covered his face with his hand and looked like he wasn't going to touch the strange travelers even with a long stick.

Jack motioned towards the kitten, ":scotland: This cait's theirs, they used it to check an see if I was sick with it... ain't floofed up at none of them."
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

ILoveMySocksAndSweater

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • burn things.
« Reply #439 on: October 07, 2019, 09:43:40 PM »

The guards tensed immediately when they saw a man with a pure white jacket. They both looked less suspicious after they heard him speaking their own language and they glanced behind them to see if there were others coming. Looks like they had to handle this themselves.

Then the red haired woman appeared and there was a rather quick exchange with her and the man. Bearnas stepped forward and the man stayed slightly behind her. She stared them with icy eyes as the man was just very distressed.

Bearnas stared this Elin Bergström and huffed. Her icy glare didn't ease, but the woman nodded slowly.
She didn't look like a danger, but then again...
:scotland: "The Tree told us that. You strangers came from beyond", she said the obvious. For a moment she looked like she lost her words.

Elin listened carefully to Axel's translation, ":sweden: Okay you can- wait," Elin looked befuddled, "Did you say they said the tree told them we were coming? Are you sure that's right?"

":sweden: Anyway," Elin waved her hands, "you can tell them I say 'Yeah our countries have the disease, if by the disease you mean the rash, and trolls, and beasts, and all that. We had thought the disease wiped out everyone but us, that's why we're so surprised that you're not dead!'"

Elin tried to keep eye contact with both the freaky ice-glare woman and Axel as she spoke.

Spoiler: show
Elin's not used to translators, I promise she'll get better about it eventually.
socks

Speaks: :usa:
Learning: :france: :sweden:

Kitty

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • blueberry juice
« Reply #440 on: October 08, 2019, 06:34:50 AM »
:iceland: "I can cook," said Sanni. "When should I start and is there anything I need to know? Rationing?"

:iceland: "Just make enough so that everybody has dinner..." he said. He wasn't exactly rationing, but he was careful not to cook too much either.

Native: :hr:
Fluent: :gb: :us: :ba: :rs:
Can kinda understand but not really: :si:
Not really: :de:

Temteno

« Reply #441 on: October 09, 2019, 03:06:04 PM »
Jack motioned towards the kitten, ":scotland: This cait's theirs, they used it to check an see if I was sick with it... ain't floofed up at none of them."

The man stared quietly the small kitten and squints his eyes a little. Bearnas stares the cat too and they look very hesitant, but start to melt to the idea a little more.

Elin listened carefully to Axel's translation, ":sweden: Okay you can- wait," Elin looked befuddled, "Did you say they said the tree told them we were coming? Are you sure that's right?"

":sweden: Anyway," Elin waved her hands, "you can tell them I say 'Yeah our countries have the disease, if by the disease you mean the rash, and trolls, and beasts, and all that. We had thought the disease wiped out everyone but us, that's why we're so surprised that you're not dead!'"

Elin tried to keep eye contact with both the freaky ice-glare woman and Axel as she spoke.

The woman looked at Elin and was a little less icy. She glanced again at the cat and the man shrugged quietly.
:scotland: "They seem to be pretty knowledgeable", he commented off-handedly, but tried definitely to prod Bearnas into accepting them. She shrugged with a defeat and looked Elin again. She straightened her hand towards her as a peace offer.

:scotland: "...what else we can do. This is a weird situation itself - come inside the barrier", she said in a curt way and the man looked with a look of a winner at her.
:scotland: "Sleep there. Others in the village can decide what we will do to you."

The blond hair peaked behind the tank.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 04:48:15 PM by Temteno »

ILoveMySocksAndSweater

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • burn things.
« Reply #442 on: October 09, 2019, 04:17:22 PM »
The man stared quietly the small kitten and squints his eyes a little. Bearnas stares the cat too and they look very hesitant, but start to melt to the idea a little more.

The woman looked at Elin and was a little less icy. She glanced again at the cat and the man shrugged quietly.
:scotland: "They seem to be pretty knowledged", he commented off-handedly, but tried definitely to prod Bearnas into accepting them. She shrugged with a defeat and looked Elin again. She straightened her hand towards her as a peace offer.

:scotland: "...what else we can do. This is a weird situation itself - come inside the barrier", she said in a curt way and the man looked with a look of a winner at her.
:scotland: "Sleep there. Others in the village can decide what we will do to you."

The blond hair peaked behind the tank.

Elin grinned and shook the woman's hand then turned back to Axel, ":sweden: Tell her I say 'thank you very much!'"

Elin turned and walked inside the gate, suddenly she froze up, her face fell, and she turned to the rest of the group with a worried look on her face, ":sweden: Wait... did she say the village is going to decide what to do to us?"

Elin then continued walking, her pace a little more frantic and a little more quickened.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 04:38:50 PM by ILoveMySocksAndSweater »
socks

Kitty

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • blueberry juice
« Reply #443 on: October 09, 2019, 04:19:52 PM »
Rúnar tiredly drove the tank inside.

Kitten was purring on Jack's head.

Native: :hr:
Fluent: :gb: :us: :ba: :rs:
Can kinda understand but not really: :si:
Not really: :de:

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #444 on: October 09, 2019, 04:36:05 PM »
Elin grinned and shook the woman's hand then turned back to Axel, ":sweden: Tell her I say 'thank you very much!'"

Elin turned and walked inside the gate, suddenly she froze up, her face fell, and she turned to the rest of the group with a worried look on her face, ":sweden: Wait... did she say the village is going to decide what to do to us?"

Elin then continued walking into the village, her pace a little more frantic and a little more quickened, while she gathered stares from the people around her.

Axel appears completely unflustered.

Internally, he's weighing the odds of needing to make an egress through profuse quantities of violence, of course, but none of that is actually visible in his demeanor.
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

Temteno

« Reply #445 on: October 09, 2019, 04:46:55 PM »
Rúnar tiredly drove the tank inside.

Anne twitches when the tank gets moving and she glances through the window. Smile plasters her face and she looks at Runar, Amelia and Sanni.
:sweden: "I'm going to get out", she says quickly to them and jumps out of the slowly moving tank.

Elin then continued walking, her pace a little more frantic and a little more quickened.

Bearnas and the man nod and the man makes sure the gate is closed after the tank and walkers are inside. The woman looks still worried, but is walking ahead Elin and the others.
Everything around looks gray but somewhat cleaned up. Anything useful has been dragged out of the decaying buildings. In the distance, the walkers can see some weird buildings that differ from the other ones.
It's still pretty quiet.

Anne jogs ahead and slows next to Elin. She gave thumb-ups to Axel on the way.
:sweden: "I knew you could do it", she said with upbeat tone to Elin.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 04:56:51 PM by Temteno »

ILoveMySocksAndSweater

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • burn things.
« Reply #446 on: October 09, 2019, 04:56:12 PM »
Anne twitches when the tank gets moving and she glances through the window. Smile plasters her face and she looks at Runar, Amelia and Sanni.
:sweden: "I'm going to get out", she says quickly to them and jumps out of the slowly moving tank.

Bearnas and the man nod and the man makes sure the gate is closed after the tank and walkers are inside. The woman looks still worried, but is walking ahead Elin and the others.
Everything around looks gray but somewhat cleaned up. Anything useful has been dragged out of the decaying buildings. The walkers can see in a distance some weird block of buildings that differ from the other ones.
It's still pretty quiet.

Anne jogs ahead and slows next to Elin. She gave thumb-ups to Axel on the way.
:sweden: "I knew you could do it", she said with upbeat tone to Elin.

Elin looked surprised, ":sweden: You did? Honestly there was like a 50% change of that working."
socks

Temteno

« Reply #447 on: October 09, 2019, 05:09:09 PM »
Elin looked surprised, ":sweden: You did? Honestly there was like a 50% change of that working."

Anne shrugged her shoulders.
:sweden: "Of course I did. That's why I volunteered you", she looked at the horizon, "And even if you had failed, it wouldn't been an end of the world."

Anne gave a meaningful look to Elin. She walked for a moment in a silence.
:sweden: "Sometimes we just fail, you know. That's life."

-

Bearnas waved her hand towards a building that protected an empty area. The area had cars from the Old world lying around, but there was still some empty space for the tank.
The woman looked at Jack and Axel.
:scotland: "This would do for the night", she said with an unsettled look.

ILoveMySocksAndSweater

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • burn things.
« Reply #448 on: October 09, 2019, 06:34:12 PM »
Anne shrugged her shoulders.
:sweden: "Of course I did. That's why I volunteered you", she looked at the horizon, "And even if you had failed, it wouldn't been an end of the world."

Anne gave a meaningful look to Elin. She walked for a moment in a silence.
:sweden: "Sometimes we just fail, you know. That's life."

-

Bearnas waved her hand towards a building that protected an empty area. The area had cars from the Old world lying around, but there was still some empty space for the tank.

Elin struggled and failed to hide a look of concern. Her voice turned uncharacteristically serious, ":sweden: I doubt me failing to be diplomatic would summon every troll to us on the spot but if we hadn't gotten into here we'd probably be in a lot more danger out there," Elin gestured to the world beyond the gate. "Besides, even if it isn't the end of the world mistakes still have consequences. That's just the way it goes."

Elin's voice grew low and quiet, like she didn't want to be heard, "Trust me... I'd know it better than anyone."
socks

Solokov

• Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #449 on: October 09, 2019, 08:14:46 PM »

Jack walks ahead of the tank and eventually motions for Runar to park the tank in the open spot near the cars.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.