Author Topic: ✼ Heeded Highbound: Reboot ✼ {RP}  (Read 72525 times)

Kitty

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • blueberry juice
Re: ✼ Heeded Highbound: Reboot ✼ {RP}
« Reply #375 on: September 19, 2019, 11:41:38 AM »
Jack tore up the jerky and soaked it a little in some drinking water to wash some of the excess spices off and make it softer for the kitten before he re-offered it and scratched her behind the ears. ":scotland: Don't fret little cait, nothing to hiss at, just a lost selkie, probably won't come near here..." 'so long as people stop making absurd noises anyway'

Kitten purred when he petted her, and sniffed the meat again. Then she licked it. Alright, not evil anymore. She nommed and looked ways more happy.

When Axel left to hunt the seal beast, Anne almost pressed her hands against her face. She glanced at Runar and shrugged slightly.
The woman glanced at the bunks and then looked back to him.
:denmark: "Also, no need to call me a boss. Just Anne or Anne-Inga is fine."

:norway: "Yes boss" he said.

Native: :hr:
Fluent: :gb: :us: :ba: :rs:
Can kinda understand but not really: :si:
Not really: :de:

ILoveMySocksAndSweater

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • burn things.
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #376 on: September 19, 2019, 07:40:43 PM »
Axel had slept sitting up behind the passenger chair, having found that he couldn't stretch out fully on one of the bunks. Ylva had claimed the actual chair as Her Spot.
The moment Anne approached, Axel's eyes opened and he stood up, collecting his shield and harpoon from where they'd been close at hand.

He then grinned, and slammed the shield against the side of the tank, producing a ringing sound that was guaranteed to wake everyone up.

Elin bolted upright at the sound of Axel's shield slamming against the tank, hitting her head on the bottom of the bunk above hers. Normally Elin slept like a rock but even she couldn't sleep through a sound as loud as that.

Elin rubbed her head, " :sweden: Aghk, what's going on? Are we under attack?" she murmured groggily. She looked around at all her crewmates, none seemed ready defend or urgent, more so just sleepy, confused, or a little p*ssed off. Noticing that Anne had returned from scouting, Elin decided that it was just an average wake up call to hear what the scout had to say and start off the day.

" :sweden: we better not wake up like this everyday..." Elin muttered to herself.
socks

Speaks: :usa:
Learning: :france: :sweden:

Solokov

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #377 on: September 19, 2019, 08:00:04 PM »
Kitten purred when he petted her, and sniffed the meat again. Then she licked it. Alright, not evil anymore. She nommed and looked ways more happy.

Once the kitten had finished eating  Jack scooped her up and set her atop his shoulder rather than waiting to go through the whole motions of asking her to move and her taking up a perch atop his head again.

He then busied himself with collecting the ward plates he'd set out the night before.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Temteno

« Reply #378 on: September 20, 2019, 12:51:15 AM »
:norway: "Yes boss" he said.

Anne stared Runar for sometime and opened her mouth. She looked annoyed, but then really realized the whole situation.
She was going to fight about something so trivial like this. A thing that didn't matter in a bigger scene.
The woman sighed and could only smile tiredly. She wasn't being rational here right now.

:denmark: "Fine then, I will go see how the others are doing."
She shrugged: "Feel free to call me with my name though."

[Axel killing the seal beast]
Axel walked back to the tank in silence.

As Anne walked closer to the bunks, she saw Axel coming back. That was quick then, the seal beast wasn't that hostile. The woman felt relieved that nothing actually happened - there was always the small lurking thought that things might go wrong.
She walked to the bunks and saw Elin and Sanni already awake. She waved her hand.
:sweden: "Sorry 'bout that, it was just Axel waking everybody up and me shrieking", she said and sounded genuinely sorry. She looked at Sanni carefully and glanced quickly at Elin. Anne walked carefully towards Sanni.

:sweden: "Hey, are you alright?" she asked as she stood next to her bed and looked at the girl that had curled into a ball.
:sweden: "Nothing bad happened. Though I got a big scare too."

Yeah, Axel better not to do that again since everybody are on their toes.

Kitty

• blueberry juice
« Reply #379 on: September 20, 2019, 05:48:55 AM »
Anne stared Runar for sometime and opened her mouth. She looked annoyed, but then really realized the whole situation.
She was going to fight about something so trivial like this. A thing that didn't matter in a bigger scene.
The woman sighed and could only smile tiredly. She wasn't being rational here right now.

As Anne walked closer to the bunks, she saw Axel coming back. That was quick then, the seal beast wasn't that hostile. The woman felt relieved that nothing actually happened - there was always the small lurking thought that things might go wrong.
She walked to the bunks and saw Elin and Sanni already awake. She waved her hand.
:sweden: "Sorry 'bout that, it was just Axel waking everybody up and me shrieking", she said and sounded genuinely sorry. She looked at Sanni carefully and glanced quickly at Elin. Anne walked carefully towards Sanni.

:sweden: "Hey, are you alright?" she asked as she stood next to her bed and looked at the girl that had curled into a ball.

Rúnar looked in the back of the tank.
Sanni was freaking out thanks to the idiot.
:iceland: "The runes are here for a reason. They should ward most, if not all trolls and grosslings. Axel is just an incredible :norway: a**hole" he said.
He got up, stretched a bit, and went to take care of the boss' clothes.

Once the kitten had finished eating  Jack scooped her up and set her atop his shoulder rather than waiting to go through the whole motions of asking her to move and her taking up a perch atop his head again.

He then busied himself with collecting the ward plates he'd set out the night before.

Kitten purred happily, casually digging her claws into his jacket. She stretched her leg and booped one of the wards..

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #380 on: September 20, 2019, 07:08:16 AM »
:iceland: "The runes are here for a reason. They should ward most, if not all trolls and grosslings. Axel is just an incredible :norway: a**hole" he said.

Kitten purred happily, casually digging her claws into his jacket. She stretched her leg and booped one of the wards..

:norway: "People have called me such, yes," Axel said from directly behind Rúnar. "Usually the words 'freak', 'psychopath', and 'monster' are also appended." It is completely impossible to tell if he's messing with him or not.
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

ILoveMySocksAndSweater

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • burn things.
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #381 on: September 20, 2019, 07:20:10 AM »

Elin looked over and considered saying something to Sanni, but Sanni already had a couple of people trying to comfort her so Elin decided against saying anything. Instead Elin did her best to catch Sanni's eye an give her a supportive smile and a thumbs up.

:norway: "People have called me such, yes," Axel said from directly behind Rúnar. "Usually the words 'freak', 'psychopath', and 'monster' are also appended." It is completely impossible to tell if he's messing with him or not.

" :sweden: Who would've thought?" Elin mused sarcastically, but slightly concerned as to any other reasons Axel had acquired such nicknames.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2019, 07:32:11 AM by ILoveMySocksAndSweater »
socks

Speaks: :usa:
Learning: :france: :sweden:

Kitty

• blueberry juice
« Reply #382 on: September 20, 2019, 07:29:53 AM »

:norway: "No surprise" Rúnar said. "Do it again, no food for you. Clean yourself before going in the tank" he added, spraying him with the disinfectant.

He then turned his back to Axel again and continued cleaning up Anne's clothes.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2019, 07:38:06 AM by Kitty »

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #383 on: September 20, 2019, 07:52:17 AM »

Elin looked over and considered saying something to Sanni, but Sanni already had a couple of people trying to comfort her so Elin decided against saying anything. Instead Elin did her best to catch Sanni's eye an give her a supportive smile and a thumbs up.

" :sweden: Who would've thought?" Elin mused sarcastically, but slightly concerned as to any other reasons Axel had acquired such nicknames.

:norway: "No surprise" Rúnar said. "Do it again, no food for you. Clean yourself before going in the tank" he added, spraying him with the disinfectant.

He then turned his back to Axel again and continued cleaning up Anne's clothes.

Axel didn't react to the sarcasm and insults from either of them, but he did start cleaning his gear.
He would handle the situation later. For the moment, it was time to work.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2019, 10:20:50 AM by Ragnarok »
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

Solokov

« Reply #384 on: September 20, 2019, 08:14:38 AM »

There was no reaction from the ward, or any of the magic surrounding it because the kitten was not a malevolent spirit or rashed beast.

Jack seemed to be quietly explaining the significance of the parts of the wardnet to the cat as he separated out the older wardplates, and the ones he'd made the night before. The rune he's currently holding up for the kitten to see looked like a squiggle, but if you looked at the right angle it kinda looked like a bloody stake,

":scotland: Now this one little cait, the story goes was stolen from a powerful baobhan by a wily child who had no fear of the vampire seras, it can be set up pointing south or north and weakens if it faces the east where the sun rises or west where it sets....the trick though is to have two, one in the north one in the south and then run lines of salt between them, or a chord that's been brined will work too"
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.

Kitty

• blueberry juice
« Reply #385 on: September 20, 2019, 09:22:28 AM »
There was no reaction from the ward, or any of the magic surrounding it because the kitten was not a malevolent spirit or rashed beast.

Jack seemed to be quietly explaining the significance of the parts of the wardnet to the cat as he separated out the older wardplates, and the ones he'd made the night before. The rune he's currently holding up for the kitten to see looked like a squiggle, but if you looked at the right angle it kinda looked like a bloody stake,

":scotland: Now this one little cait, the story goes was stolen from a powerful baobhan by a wily child who had no fear of the vampire seras, it can be set up pointing south or north and weakens if it faces the east where the sun rises or west where it sets....the trick though is to have two, one in the north one in the south and then run lines of salt between them, or a chord that's been brined will work too"

Kitten seemed to be carefully listening to what he was saying. She booped the squiggle, too.

Nellie McEnt

• Scout
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: she/they/he/it
« Reply #386 on: September 20, 2019, 11:07:03 AM »

Hearing her fellows' reassurance, Sanni laughed sheepishly and uncurled. :norway: "Thank you," she said, pulling off the mask. "He frightened me." To herself, she thought, he's next on my list of people to stab if I get the chance.
 As Rúnar walked away, she wondered whether he knew she spoke Norwegian, and why he had bothered to censor his language.
Speaks: 🇺🇸/🇬🇧
Learning (and not particularly good at): 🇨🇳, Latin
carpe diem

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

luca0483

• DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: They/them
« Reply #387 on: September 20, 2019, 07:38:02 PM »
Amelia pulled the bunk curtain open, already fully clothed, and crawled out of her bottom bunk.

:norway: "I'm going to kill whoever did that and then they're getting the cleaning duty for a week"

She stands up, then motions for Anne to sit at the desk station where Amelia put the map before going to bed.

:norway: "First though, lets get this over with so you can get some shut-eye. You look worse than a conscript after first day lugging wood logs. So what did you find?"

Temteno

« Reply #388 on: September 21, 2019, 01:27:41 PM »
Hearing her fellows' reassurance, Sanni laughed sheepishly and uncurled. :norway: "Thank you," she said, pulling off the mask. "He frightened me." To herself, she thought, he's next on my list of people to stab if I get the chance.
As Rúnar walked away, she wondered whether he knew she spoke Norwegian, and why he had bothered to censor his language.

Anne didn't have energy to share her opinion about the whole situation and she just rubbed her neck. She just found it startling and slightly dangerous, but not anything else. Looks like people had their share of opinions.
:sweden: "Well everybody is awake now. Should someone check the stranger?" she asked and tried to keep the command when Amelia wasn't exactly up yet.

Amelia pulled the bunk curtain open, already fully clothed, and crawled out of her bottom bunk.

:norway: "I'm going to kill whoever did that and then they're getting the cleaning duty for a week"

She stands up, then motions for Anne to sit at the desk station where Amelia put the map before going to bed.

:norway: "First though, lets get this over with so you can get some shut-eye. You look worse than a conscript after first day lugging wood logs. So what did you find?"

Anne startled when she heard the curses of Amelia and saw her getting up. She looked very confused, but relief washed over her face when the leader mentioned sleep. She followed to the desk station.
:denmark: "You wouldn't have wanted to see me after my first night-scout mission then", she joked and inhaled, tiredness taking over her.

The woman stared at the map and visualized the dark environment.
:denmark: "The thing here is that there is no forest at all, so the creatures we might encounter can be seen pretty soon. The problem is, the creatures can notice us easily too, so-"
Anne pointed the big road on the map that went through the village's center.
:denmark: "There were trolls around the big road that had houses on the way. We should go to the west and take a detour instead of staying on the coast. The detour takes us later back to the big road."
She pointed the detour route that made almost a square with the big road. The woman explained more about the environment and the detour road, but they were just details about where the detour would meet the big road.

The shadows underneath Anne's eyes deepened. She looked with expecting expression at Amelia and waited for her judgement of the situation. She leaned her chin on her hands and her gaze got lost behind the leader.

:denmark: "What about the stranger? Is he coming with us or do we leave him here?"
Anne sounded very suspicious and couldn't hide it.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2019, 01:43:49 PM by Temteno »

Solokov

« Reply #389 on: September 21, 2019, 08:34:00 PM »
Kitten seemed to be carefully listening to what he was saying. She booped the squiggle, too.

Jack continued his explanation about the various runes of warding, after a couple more fairly straightforward runes that looked like old alchemical symbols he gets to what appeared to be the final rune of his set.

":scotland: Now this one's a quiet one... doesn't directly do anything but it reinforces the others, and can be placed in any position on the wardnet, old nan would poke fun at me say that it was a gift from my cousins....I dunno.."

He held up the plate for the kitten to see, it was a simpler copy of one of the leaves stuck in Jack's hair. Spade like with veins branching off a center line and sawtooth edges with a few angular swirls drawn off the edge of the leaf.

The angled swirls seemed to be a feature of all the runes in one form or another, and looked to actually draw magic from the surrounding air into the rune itself.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,