Author Topic: ✼ Heeded Highbound: Reboot ✼ {RP}  (Read 72552 times)

Solokov

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Live life, start chaos.
Re: ✼ Heeded Highbound: Reboot ✼ {RP}
« Reply #210 on: September 10, 2019, 12:40:21 PM »
Axel saw movement in the tower's broken window, and stopped dead, staring at the source of it and trying to make out whether it was an imminent threat or not in the evening light.

Jack freezes as he sees someone staring at the tower.
'ohcrapwhyarepeoplehere'.

He slowly slinks back away from the window trying to figure things out.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #211 on: September 10, 2019, 12:48:20 PM »

Axel nodded, before returning to the group.
:norway: "There's something moving in the tower. Didn't get a good look, could be a troll. Want to go deal with it?" he asked Amelia.
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

Kitty

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • blueberry juice
« Reply #212 on: September 10, 2019, 12:48:48 PM »

Seeing the biggest and baddest person from the expedition freeze up and stare at something has a way to attract attention to the said something.
Rúnar saw the shadow move out of sight and pushed Sanni in the tank, grabbing his rifle on the way out. All the tank doors were closed, so that was good. He placed himself between the lighthouse and the tank, looking pretty adamant on not letting anything come close.
:norway: "Could be animal. Girl said nothing's close" he told Axel.

Native: :hr:
Fluent: :gb: :us: :ba: :rs:
Can kinda understand but not really: :si:
Not really: :de:

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #213 on: September 10, 2019, 12:51:03 PM »
Seeing the biggest and baddest person from the expedition freeze up and stare at something has a way to attract attention to the said something.
Rúnar saw the shadow move out of sight and pushed Sanni in the tank, grabbing his rifle on the way out. All the tank doors were closed, so that was good. He placed himself between the lighthouse and the tank, looking pretty adamant on not letting anything come close.

Axel gave Rúnar a searching look before nodding, apparently satisfied with something Rúnar had done. :norway: "Maybe," he allowed, pulling out a pistol and checking it over.

Ylva panted at his side, apparently looking forward to doing just about anything.
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Kitty

• blueberry juice
« Reply #214 on: September 10, 2019, 12:59:56 PM »
Meanwhile, the kitten was peacefully washing her face on top of Rúnar's head.

Nellie McEnt

• Scout
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: she/they/he/it
« Reply #215 on: September 10, 2019, 04:35:25 PM »

Sanni opened her mouth to protest at being shoved unceremoniously into the tank, but thought better of it. Instead she asked quietly, :iceland: "What's out there? Did you see something? I swear I heard nothing."
Speaks: 🇺🇸/🇬🇧
Learning (and not particularly good at): 🇨🇳, Latin
carpe diem

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Kitty

• blueberry juice
« Reply #216 on: September 10, 2019, 05:17:50 PM »
Sanni opened her mouth to protest at being shoved unceremoniously into the tank, but thought better of it. Instead she asked quietly, :iceland: "What's out there? Did you see something? I swear I heard nothing."

:norway: "Something's in the lighthouse" Rúnar said. "Maybe."

Nellie McEnt

• Scout
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: she/they/he/it
« Reply #217 on: September 10, 2019, 05:39:18 PM »
:norway: "Something's in the lighthouse" Rúnar said. "Maybe."

Sanni frowned, but decided--just for now--not to argue. Instead she clambered into the front of the tank to look out the windshield.
Speaks: 🇺🇸/🇬🇧
Learning (and not particularly good at): 🇨🇳, Latin
carpe diem

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Temteno

« Reply #218 on: September 11, 2019, 02:37:31 AM »
Anne had been going around the tank and making sure that things looked relatively alright. In the midst of all the Icelandic talking, Axel's comment stood out to her immediately.
The woman looked the tower but anything that had moved there was staying put.

Anne looked Runar and Axel's talking and patted her clothing to get the dirt out of them. She had no idea how the Finnish girl could be sure of it, but nobody questioned it. She shrugged the thought off.
:sweden: "I'm going to scout the area anyway since we aren't going to move tonight.", she said and stretched her arms. At least under her watch, dusk had already set down.
:sweden: "Wouldn't hurt to check the tower with a bigger group if there still happens to be something."

Anne glanced to Amelia when she started to stretch legs.
:sweden: "Unless the leader has anything to say about this", she said in a more light-hearted way and her smile was amused.

luca0483

• DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: They/them
« Reply #219 on: September 11, 2019, 09:33:27 AM »
Axel nodded, before returning to the group.
:norway: "There's something moving in the tower. Didn't get a good look, could be a troll. Want to go deal with it?" he asked Amelia.
Anne looked Runar and Axel's talking and patted her clothing to get the dirt out of them. She had no idea how the Finnish girl could be sure of it, but nobody questioned it. She shrugged the thought off.
:sweden: "I'm going to scout the area anyway since we aren't going to move tonight.", she said and stretched her arms. At least under her watch, dusk had already set down.
:sweden: "Wouldn't hurt to check the tower with a bigger group if there still happens to be something."

Anne glanced to Amelia when she started to stretch legs.
:sweden: "Unless the leader has anything to say about this", she said in a more light-hearted way and her smile was amused.

Amelia raised an eyebrow.

:norway: "I didn't expect to have any contact so soon, seems like the silent world is anything but. No objections here, we should check it out. Two stay, four go. Someone needs to keep an eye on the troll-detector on the tank's dashboard while we are split. I want to have Rúnar along up there, but we need the tank to be mobile. Elin and Sanni, does any of you know how to drive this? If not, i'll stay with Sanni while the rest of you go".

She took her rifle off her shoulder and checked that the internal mag was full and that a round was chambered. No need to flip the safety off yet though.

Kitty

• blueberry juice
« Reply #220 on: September 11, 2019, 09:40:22 AM »

:norway: "I didn't expect to have any contact so soon, seems like the silent world is anything but. No objections here, we should check it out. Two stay, four go. Someone needs to keep an eye on the troll-detector on the tank's dashboard while we are split. I want to have Rúnar along up there, but we need the tank to be mobile. Elin and Sanni, does any of you know how to drive this? If not, i'll stay with Sanni while the rest of you go".

She took her rifle off her shoulder and checked that the internal mag was full and that a round was chambered. No need to flip the safety off yet though.

She expected contact? Any at all? Rúnar was pretty sure nobody would survive in the Silent World.
And boss expected people?
Weird.
He still thought it was an animal, if it was anything at all.
He waited for everyone to sort out who'll go and who'll stay.

People.

No way.

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #221 on: September 11, 2019, 09:59:25 AM »

Axel nodded, and immediately started walking closer to the tower.

Solokov

• Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #222 on: September 11, 2019, 12:55:10 PM »
Axel nodded, and immediately started walking closer to the tower.

Jack shuffles a little closer to the window in an attempt to get a look at the people again, he'd seen a ship, but they had some kind of metal monstrosity as well. He'd heard of something that the Britons were rumored to have when they tried reclaiming London called a tank, but it didn't have a big gun on it.

'is that what a tank really looks like? Are they Britons? But why so far north?'

He freezes up again as he realizes the big guy is moving towards the building.

'They have guns... A conquest maybe?'
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Kitty

• blueberry juice
« Reply #223 on: September 11, 2019, 01:41:06 PM »
Jack shuffles a little closer to the window in an attempt to get a look at the people again, he'd seen a ship, but they had some kind of metal monstrosity as well. He'd heard of something that the Britons were rumored to have when they tried reclaiming London called a tank, but it didn't have a big gun on it.

'is that what a tank really looks like? Are they Britons? But why so far north?'

He freezes up again as he realizes the big guy is moving towards the building.

'They have guns... A conquest maybe?'

Another movement.
Axel is heading out.
Rúnar followed Axel. By the time the others sort themselves out, the man could already die.
:norway: "Try not shooting. Is loud" he mumbled.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 01:43:17 PM by Kitty »

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #224 on: September 11, 2019, 01:43:09 PM »
Another movement.
Axel is heading out.
Rúnar follows Axel. By the time the others sort themselves out, the man could already die.
:norway: "Try not shooting. Is loud" he mumbles.

Axel nodded, not speaking as he stalked towards the tower silently. Ylva followed. Both of them made no sound as they passed.
As they drew closer, Axel holstered his pistol and drew a long, slablike knife to replace it, the shield going up on his other arm. His eyes scanned their surroundings constantly.