Author Topic: ✼ Heeded Highbound: Reboot ✼ {RP}  (Read 72528 times)

Ragnarok

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
Re: ✼ Heeded Highbound: Reboot ✼ {RP}
« Reply #195 on: September 07, 2019, 10:46:05 PM »
Having extracted answers from everyone, Axel seemed satisfied. He walked back to the tank, and paused as he saw Rúnar painting.
After a moment's deliberation, he sat down with his back to the tank, weapon and shield close to hand, and closed his eyes.
After a few moments, he started snoring.
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

Kitty

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • blueberry juice
« Reply #196 on: September 09, 2019, 11:48:34 AM »
Rúnar finished the floor rune and went to paint one on the trailer door.

After that was done, he sewed up the torn sleeve and returned the jacket to Elin. Everything was clean, runes were painted everywhere he deemed it relevant and he had the whole afternoon to finish the work on the rust patches.

By the time they get to the Silent World, they might actually be ready.

Native: :hr:
Fluent: :gb: :us: :ba: :rs:
Can kinda understand but not really: :si:
Not really: :de:

Temteno

« Reply #197 on: September 09, 2019, 04:05:42 PM »
Anne didn't talk or fuss around much more, as she started to get tired at this point. By the time they couldn't almost see the Norway's coasts, Anne had fell asleep on the bench.
The ship's crew fished and kept the agile sea beasts away. Due to the bright day and crispy air, they avoided dangerous encounters.

By the time the sun was on its peak and now could only go down, the ship had traveled over half of the trip. Everything was peaceful on the ship and the captain was in a good mood. Anne fell under the table from the bench but continued her sleep.

When it started to be clearly evening, people on the crew started to be more active and get ready for the worst. Anne changed her side under the table and got sting by a stowaway nail. Vilma finally finished her breakfast.
When they could see the land clearly, Anne had been awake for some time and she was now standing on the deck, looking at the coast of the lost world.
She stared at it intently. Vilma was looking at it too, but her expression couldn't be read. Something longing passed through her face.

:sweden: "What was that land called again?" She asked from Vilma almost as a passing thought.
Brown haired woman shrugged.
:norway: "Scotland."

The ship finally hit the shore of John O'Groats. The water had gone muddy and grass grew sparsely on the rocky shores. After the shores came a huge land of grass that went on and on everywhere.
In the distance on the left were buildings and a collapsed dock. The most prominent building was a white one with tower that had somehow stayed there intact.

Vilma was now standing close to the tank and eyed the expedition members. She inhaled deeply.
:norway: "This is where you all start the trip. We will expect contact through the radio once or twice a week."
She opened her arms and smiled with in an expecting and encouraging way.
:norway: "Hopefully we will see after the winter in the old Aberdeen."
Anne was standing and nodded to Vilma, still capable of smiling despite her body being slightly rigid.

The crew members started to work on with getting the tank down.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2019, 04:11:18 PM by Temteno »

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #198 on: September 09, 2019, 04:11:19 PM »
Anne didn't talk or fuss around much more, as she started to get tired at this point. By the time they couldn't almost see the Norway's coasts, Anne had fell asleep on the bench.
The ship's crew fished and kept the agile sea beasts away. Due to the bright day and crispy air, they avoided dangerous encounters.

By the time the sun was on its peak and now could only go down, the ship had traveled over half of the trip. Everything was peaceful on the ship and the captain was in a good mood. Anne fell under the table from the bench but continued her sleep.

When it started to be clearly evening, people on the crew started to be more active and get ready for the worst. Anne changed her side under the table and got sting by a stowaway nail. Vilma finished finally her breakfast.
When they could see land clearly, Anne had been awake for some time and she was standing now on the deck, looking the coast of the lost world.
She stared it intently. Vilma was looking it too, but her expression couldn't be read. Something longing passed there.

:sweden: "What that land was called again?" She asked from Vilma almost as a passing thought.

The ship finally hit the shore of the John O'Groats. The water had gone muddy and grass grew sparsely on the rocky shores. After the shores came a huge land of grass that went on and on everywhere.
On the left were in distance buildings and a collapsed dock. The most prominent building was a white one with tower that had somehow stayed there intact.

Vilma was now standing close to the tank and eyed the expedition members. She inhaled deeply.
:norway: "This is where you all start the trip. We will expect contact through the radio twice or once a week."
She opened her arms and smiled with an expecting and encouraging way.
Anne was standing and nodded to Vilma, capable of still smiling despite her body being slightly rigid.

The crew members started to work with getting the tank down.

Axel had somehow slept through the entire trip. However, when one of the crew approached his sleeping form, he suddenly shot upright, eyes open. He looked around wildly for a second before spotting land.
A tiny dust cloud hovered in the air where he'd been before Axel landed on the beach. The redhead made a rude hand gesture towards the ocean before clambering on top of the largest rock and staying there.
Ylva barked, and elected to hang about near Runar.
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

ILoveMySocksAndSweater

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • burn things.
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #199 on: September 09, 2019, 04:16:10 PM »

When it started to be clearly evening, people on the crew started to be more active and get ready for the worst. Anne changed her side under the table and got sting by a stowaway nail. Vilma finished finally her breakfast.
When they could see land clearly, Anne had been awake for some time and she was standing now on the deck, looking the coast of the lost world.
She stared it intently. Vilma was looking it too, but her expression couldn't be read. Something longing passed there.

:sweden: "What that land was called again?" She asked from Vilma almost as a passing thought.

The ship finally hit the shore of the John O'Groats. The water had gone muddy and grass grew sparsely on the rocky shores. After the shores came a huge land of grass that went on and on everywhere.
On the left were in distance buildings and a collapsed dock. The most prominent building was a white one with tower that had somehow stayed there intact.

:norway: "This is where you all start the trip. We will expect contact through the radio twice or once a week."
She opened her arms and smiled with an expecting and encouraging way.
Anne was standing and nodded to Vilma, capable of still smiling despite her body being slightly rigid.

The crew members started to work with getting the tank down.

Elin clambered out over the grass, overstuffed bag slung across her shoulders.

" :sweden: Oh, yes! Land finally!"

She walked out into the grass, stood tall, and took a deep breath. There may be tons of trolls out here, but at least it's solid ground, she thought. Then Elin realized she hadn't eaten the entire time they were on the ship. Elin turned back to the crew, " :iceland: When are we going to eat?"
socks

Speaks: :usa:
Learning: :france: :sweden:

Nellie McEnt

• Scout
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: she/they/he/it
« Reply #200 on: September 09, 2019, 04:21:06 PM »

When it started to be clearly evening, people on the crew started to be more active and get ready for the worst. Anne changed her side under the table and got sting by a stowaway nail. Vilma finally finished her breakfast.
When they could see the land clearly, Anne had been awake for some time and she was now standing on the deck, looking at the coast of the lost world.
She stared at it intently. Vilma was looking at it too, but her expression couldn't be read. Something longing passed through her face.

:sweden: "What was that land called again?" She asked from Vilma almost as a passing thought.

The ship finally hit the shore of John O'Groats. The water had gone muddy and grass grew sparsely on the rocky shores. After the shores came a huge land of grass that went on and on everywhere.
In the distance on the left were buildings and a collapsed dock. The most prominent building was a white one with tower that had somehow stayed there intact.

:norway: "This is where you all start the trip. We will expect contact through the radio once or twice a week."
Anne was standing and nodded to Vilma, still capable of smiling despite her body being slightly rigid.

When the ship finally landed, Sanni scrambled down from the top of the tank and then off the ship, landing on the rocky shore. She looked around, wondering if there was anything she could help with.
Speaks: 🇺🇸/🇬🇧
Learning (and not particularly good at): 🇨🇳, Latin
carpe diem

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Kitty

• blueberry juice
« Reply #201 on: September 09, 2019, 04:21:28 PM »

Rúnar helped with the tank in every way he could. Once they landed, he opened the maps. Not close to any larger settlement... the sun was setting... Hopefully, the commanders won't be stupid enough to order them to head out. For now, this place seemed safe enough. :iceland: "Can you hear anything close by?" he asked Sanni.

Nellie McEnt

• Scout
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #202 on: September 09, 2019, 06:15:39 PM »
Rúnar helped with the tank in every way he could. Once they landed, he opened the maps. Not close to any larger settlement... the sun was setting... Hopefully, the commanders won't be stupid enough to order them to head out. For now, this place seemed safe enough. :iceland: "Can you hear anything close by?" he asked Sanni.

Sanni listened a moment for the faint familiar clamor in her head. It was there, like always, but faint. Any trolls were far off, not a threat. :iceland: "No," she said. "Nothing nearby." And then she paused and asked, finally, "Can you not hear them?"
carpe diem

Kitty

• blueberry juice
« Reply #203 on: September 09, 2019, 06:25:39 PM »
Sanni listened a moment for the faint familiar clamor in her head. It was there, like always, but faint. Any trolls were far off, not a threat. :iceland: "No," she said. "Nothing nearby." And then she paused and asked, finally, "Can you not hear them?"

:iceland: "Icelandic mages cannot hear the voices of the damned or see their trapped souls. But I can see free spirits" he says.

Nellie McEnt

• Scout
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #204 on: September 09, 2019, 06:43:27 PM »
:iceland: "Icelandic mages cannot hear the voices of the damned or see their trapped souls. But I can see free spirits" he says.

Sanni's eyes widened. :iceland: "You're fortunate," she murmured. A moment later she added, "And yes, I can see the spirits too."
carpe diem

Kitty

• blueberry juice
« Reply #205 on: September 09, 2019, 06:45:50 PM »
Sanni's eyes widened. :iceland: "You're fortunate," she murmured. A moment later she added, "And yes, I can see the spirits too."

:iceland: "Perhaps I could attempt to create a rune to silence the voices" he offered.

Nellie McEnt

• Scout
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #206 on: September 09, 2019, 06:49:06 PM »
:iceland: "Perhaps I could attempt to create a rune to silence the voices" he offered.

Sanni stared at him for a full three seconds, utterly taken aback. Was such a thing possible? She opened her mouth to thank him, but a moment later her face clouded. :iceland: "I appreciate it. I really do. But it's best if I...keep them, as it were. So I can warn you." And myself, when I inevitably end up alone in the woods, she thought, but didn't say.
carpe diem

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #207 on: September 10, 2019, 09:34:41 AM »
Axel looked at the sun, looked at the intact tower, and started walking towards it, Ylva trotting at his heels.

Solokov

• Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #208 on: September 10, 2019, 12:15:33 PM »
Jack yawns and uncurls from where he had holed up for the night, despite his work at rounding up missing cows the nearest village had not had space and so, shruggingly he had slunk off into the night.

He honestly wasn't 100% sure of where he was, just that he was along the coast road. The part of the country he was in people didn't really frequent the much due to migrating selkies during this time of year.

He yawns again and glances up through a half ruined roof, judging by the light and angle of the shadows....

He sat upright cursing silently as he gathered his things.

'faaaaaaaaaak... I slept away the day!'

Suddenly he froze realizing he heard the murmor of voices... Not the dead and departed but living people.

'no one comes here right now...why?'

Carefully he crept to a dusted up and partially broke window to look out at the docks.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 12:19:24 PM by Solokov »
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #209 on: September 10, 2019, 12:30:17 PM »
Jack yawns and uncurls from where he had holed up for the night, despite his work at rounding up missing cows the nearest village had not had space and so, shruggingly he had slunk off into the night.

He honestly wasn't 100% sure of where he was, just that he was along the coast road. The part of the country he was in people didn't really frequent the much due to migrating selkies during this time of year.

He yawns again and glances up through a half ruined roof, judging by the light and angle of the shadows....

He sat upright cursing silently as he gathered his things.

'faaaaaaaaaak... I slept away the day!'

Suddenly he froze realizing he heard the murmor of voices... Not the dead and departed but living people.

'no one comes here right now...why?'

Carefully he crept to a dusted up and partially broke window to look out at the docks.

Axel saw movement in the tower's broken window, and stopped dead, staring at the source of it and trying to make out whether it was an imminent threat or not in the evening light.