Author Topic: Re-enactment Experiences Mark II  (Read 15475 times)

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
Re: Re-enactment Experiences Mark II
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2018, 07:30:31 AM »
The classic one was many, many, many years ago there was a USA TV show about Daniel Boon. In one of the episodes a jet airliner could be seen streaking through skies of a "wilderness" scene.
Eheheh ... you want classic? In spades, maybe? ;)
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

midwestmutt

• Scout
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2018, 01:23:56 PM »
https://66.media.tumblr.com/8f8079c6d3583d26c11308ad09d71659/tumblr_pgwxb4hsT01ti7cwto7_1280.jpg   A frosty October morning near the Iowa/Minnesota border.   
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :chap17: :chap18:

Iceea

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her/hers
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2018, 01:59:23 PM »
Eheheh ... you want classic? In spades, maybe? ;)

I knew there were a few but not that many :D

My dad used to regale me with tales of how in the first Ben Hur movie, mid 20's, during the epic naval battle scene the set caught fire and they just kept filming ;D
:usa: obviously :france: too many yrs ago
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: & :book2:

You're only given one little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it!
Robin Williams

Róisín

• Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2019, 01:59:16 AM »
Just found out that this year the Gumeracha Mediæval Fair and the Mylor English Ale have a clash of dates! Damnit! I've already signed my contract to work at the Fair, and they need me enough that I can't cancel out. Double damnit! Especially since the reason the Ale was moved to the earliest possible date, which clashes with the Saturday of the Fair, is that we have a group of visiting Druids from Britain and the Isles, who can only be in Australia for a short time, and if the Ale happened in its usual range of mid to late May they would already have had to go home by then. Triple damnit because some of them are folk I know and like, and my only chance to catch up with them will be if I can get a lift over to Mylor on the Saturday night of the Fair. However, I no longer drive because my distance vision is failing, and the person most likely to be willing and able to give me a lift (the two events are some forty miles apart) may or may not have to be one of the entertainers for the Fair feast. Grumble mutter curse!

Anyway, for those who want to attend either event: Gumeracha Mediæval Fair, Gumeracha Park, Saturday 4 May and Sunday 5 May 2019. I'll be in the Viking Village both days, singing, storytelling and the like. Catch up with me if you are passing through. My icon pic is a good cartoon of how I look.

Mylor English Ale: Saturday 4May 2019, about 1000 til very late. Mylor, South Australia. Mylor Hall and Mylor Oval across the road.  I won't be at the Ale this year, other than possibly for the Saturday night, but for those who like Morris dancing, maypoles, mystery plays, mummers and guisers, masked torchlight parades and a Green Man, Giants (not the SSSS kind, the traditional English kind), good music and good fun, it's great. I think they have Keith Preston's very traditional Punch and Judy show again this year. Saturday morning the Druids are having their gathering, and the Saturday evening concert has Damh the Bard and other interesting musicians from Britain, local band Spiral Dance and other good stuff.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 02:02:36 AM by Róisín »
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

midwestmutt

• Scout
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2019, 10:26:16 AM »
it's never a good thing when an event changes its long-established date. There are only so many weekends in a season so there is bound to be a conflict.

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2019, 04:59:22 PM »
Not mine but taken at a park near me.     https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard

Sorry, mate, the link takes me to my own Tumblr dashboard. 
I capture pics off Tumblr by right-clicking on the picture and choosing 'Copy image address'.  Then in the Forum post, I choose the Mona Lisa on the toolbar, and paste the image address in between the [img and /img] brackets (end brackets left off intentionally).
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Róisín

« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2019, 06:28:42 PM »
Doesn't work for me either.

midwestmutt

• Scout

Róisín

« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2019, 04:49:06 PM »
Beautiful landscape!

midwestmutt

• Scout
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2019, 05:47:26 PM »
Beautiful landscape!
Mississippi Palisades is a state park about 15 minutes away from me. The bluffs overlook the Mississippi River. I didn't take this picture but a local did.

Róisín

« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2019, 09:29:28 AM »
Getting ready for the Gumeracha  Mediæval Fair this Saturday and Sunday. Should be wonderful fun. I will be in the Viking village, singing and storytelling, but I won't be working the whole time, so any passing Minnions are welcome to drop by for a chat between performances. Look for someone who looks like a more battered version of my avatar picture, or ask at the Admin tent for 'Bev the Bard'. Hope to see more of you this year. We also have a fine a capella choir, 'Umbrella a Capella' and Síobhan Owen the harper, and lots of others.

The Mylor English Ale is also on this Saturday, but I probably won't get to it this year. It is worth going to if you like folklore, Morris dancing, mummer's plays, folkmusic(mostly Pagan Folk at this event) torchlight processions and a huge bonfire with fire dancers. We can actually have the fire now that the drought has finally broken - thank the gods for timely rain!
Musicians include Damh the Bard, Trevor Curnow and Spiral dance, plus whatever random folkies turn up.

midwestmutt

• Scout
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2019, 11:19:44 PM »
https://66.media.tumblr.com/a1e45fc9ea2b285d52b488c48852f92c/tumblr_pr467hjVMU1ti7cwto1_1280.jpg       Bloody Lake Rendezvous upper field  5/5/2019. i forget I have a camera now so I took only one photo a few hours before the event closed.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2019, 11:21:47 PM by midwestmutt »

Róisín

« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2019, 06:08:56 AM »
That looks like it was a good rendezvous! I shall put up some pics of the Fair when I can.