Author Topic: ✼ Heeded Highbound: Reboot ✼ {RP}  (Read 72581 times)

Ragnarok

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
Re: ✼ Heeded Highbound: Reboot ✼ {RP}
« Reply #495 on: October 21, 2019, 03:17:08 PM »
":scotland: Old people?.. no.. beasts of flesh that once were druids that sacrificed their villages in pursuit of power over the kelpies and fiends..."

Axel considered this for a moment. Then he slowly reached into his pack, and pulled out a detonator tied to a cord, which he looped around his neck. ":norway: I'm going to go check the perimeter," he said to Anne.
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

ILoveMySocksAndSweater

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • burn things.
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #496 on: October 21, 2019, 03:24:46 PM »
":scotland: What do old people have to do with things? Elin's not old."

Elin was happily breaking up the wood into kindling but kept hearing her name amongst Axel's incomprehensible muttering. She stopped a moment to glare skeptically in Axel and New-Guy's direction, then resumed her snapping of the wood planks. Once Elin decided she had a suitable amount of kindling she placed her tinder in the center of the firebed. Pausing a moment, she checked for the direction of the wind. She then proceeded to place the kindling in a teepee formation around the tinder, leaving an opening for the wind to come through. Finally, Elin stacked the fuelwood in a pyramid shape around the kindling and tinder.

She flipped open her lighter. A small flame rose out of the top. A manic grin showed on her face. ":sweden: Time to light this puppy up!"

Elin reached the flame into the tinder and then took a step back. Flames started to rise, then grow bigger until finally, a glorious blaze was sitting before her. This fire was a masterpiece, a thing of beauty. It was perfectly efficient, wonderfully effective. It provided warmth but was not too large or hot, and, most importantly, it would last for a long while as long as someone kept watch. Elin cackled at the sight of her new, beautiful creation.

Elin wandered back over to Sanni, ":iceland: So! When's dinner gonna be ready?"
socks

Speaks: :usa:
Learning: :france: :sweden:

Solokov

• Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #497 on: October 21, 2019, 04:10:48 PM »
Axel considered this for a moment. Then he slowly reached into his pack, and pulled out a detonator tied to a cord, which he looped around his neck. ":norway: I'm going to go check the perimeter," he said to Anne.

Jack glanced around, double checked his book and looked towards some of the other people, "... vah, er det han nett-opp har truck- kit fra pack-en sin?"

[Bad :norway: "what is that thing he just pulled from his pack?"]
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Kitty

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • blueberry juice
« Reply #498 on: October 22, 2019, 02:52:29 AM »
Jack glanced around, double checked his book and looked towards some of the other people, "... vah, er det han nett-opp har truck- kit fra pack-en sin?"

[Bad :norway: "what is that thing he just pulled from his pack?"]

Rúnar's head immediately turned to Axel. :iceland: "Axel!! Where are the bombs!?"

Native: :hr:
Fluent: :gb: :us: :ba: :rs:
Can kinda understand but not really: :si:
Not really: :de:

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #499 on: October 22, 2019, 07:28:37 AM »
Rúnar's head immediately turned to Axel. :iceland: "Axel!! Where are the bombs!?"

":norway: Nowhere. Yet."
« Last Edit: October 22, 2019, 05:04:52 PM by Ragnarok »
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Temteno

« Reply #500 on: October 22, 2019, 07:23:05 PM »
":sweden: Looks like you've made a pretty decent firebed, here! Good work on that, Anne," Elin said, turning to Anne and grinning. "I'll get started on the fire now if nobody has any issues with that. I could use some help clearing the firebed of this old stuff, though, my arm's a little sore."

Anne crossed her arms and smiled warily to Elin's snappy comment.
:sweden: "I'm the one making the way, so no problem", she said but looked still unnerved. Things didn't seem too wild yet though.

Anne blinked few times when Axel talked to her and it took some orientation to actually get serious. Being worried of Elin's fire took all her attention.
:denmark: "Sure, you can do it."
She looked at Axel and had puzzled look.
:denmark: "Why the sudden need to check it? Is there some urgent need to it?"

She flipped open her lighter. A small flame rose out of the top. A manic grin showed on her face. ":sweden: Time to light this puppy up!"

[Elin lighting the fire like a maniac]

Anne's attention snapped immediately to the fire and she stared it with a more than slightly horrified look. Suddenly a realization dawned on her and she snapped her head towards Elin.
:sweden: "Elin- ELIN! What happened to the food on the last fire?" she asked and could only hope that it was somewhere tucked neatly and not melted into the big fire. Her attention was all over and the worrying of the perimeter and food filled her mind.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2019, 06:06:07 PM by Temteno »

Nellie McEnt

• Scout
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: she/they/he/it
« Reply #501 on: October 22, 2019, 09:57:56 PM »
Elin wandered back over to Sanni, ":iceland: So! When's dinner gonna be ready?"

Sanni looked up from where she had been bent over a little notebook, ignoring everyone else. :iceland: "Anne made it! Or--I thought I saw her making food. Was I supposed to?" Her voice was heavy with worry and guilt.
Speaks: 🇺🇸/🇬🇧
Learning (and not particularly good at): 🇨🇳, Latin
carpe diem

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

ILoveMySocksAndSweater

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • burn things.
« Reply #502 on: October 22, 2019, 09:58:12 PM »
Anne crossed her arms and smiled warily to Elin's snappy comment.
:sweden: "I'm the one making the way, so no problem", she said but looked still unnerved. Things didn't seem too wild yet though.

Anne blinked few times when Axel talked to her and it took some orientation to actually get serious. Being worried of Elin's fire took all her attention.
:denmark: "The perimeter? It should be in the tank, Runar used it the last night afterall."
:denmark: "Why you ask? Is there some urgent need to it?"

Anne's attention snapped immediately to the fire and she stared it with a more than slightly horrified look. Suddenly a realization dawned on her and she snapped her head towards Elin.
:sweden: "Elin- ELIN! What happened to the food on the last fire?" she asked and could only hope that it was somewhere tucked neatly and not melted into the big fire. Her attention was all over and the worrying of the perimeter and food filled her mind.

Elin snapped out of her gleeful trance, " :sweden: Oh, uh, I had somebody clear the bed while I was away, I have no idea what happened to the food. This firebed was empty by the time I got back from gathering supplies."
socks

ILoveMySocksAndSweater

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • burn things.
« Reply #503 on: October 23, 2019, 07:32:15 AM »
Sanni looked up from where she had been bent over a little notebook, ignoring everyone else. :iceland: "Anne made it! Or--I thought I saw her making food. Was I supposed to?" Her voice was heavy with worry and guilt.

":iceland: I heard Anne say that there was food cooking. I remember Runar asked you to make some, but as long as somebody made food we're fine!" Elin said, "But the thing is... nobody knows where the food went."
socks

Nellie McEnt

• Scout
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: she/they/he/it
« Reply #504 on: October 23, 2019, 09:16:46 AM »
":iceland: I heard Anne say that there was food cooking. I remember Runar asked you to make some, but as long as somebody made food we're fine!" Elin said, "But the thing is... nobody knows where the food went."

Sanni glanced at the ruined remains of Anne's fire buried under the inferno Elin had created. :iceland: "...right," she muttered, and jumped up to make some more food.
Speaks: 🇺🇸/🇬🇧
Learning (and not particularly good at): 🇨🇳, Latin
carpe diem

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Solokov

« Reply #505 on: October 23, 2019, 10:34:19 AM »
Sanni glanced at the ruined remains of Anne's fire buried under the inferno Elin had created. :iceland: "...right," she muttered, and jumped up to make some more food.

Jack quietly strumed his fingers across his violin bow as he re-rosined it up, hopefully enough to catch Sanni's attention.

He'd caught the gist of the conversation and once he had Sanni's, or someone's attention he pointed at where the partially cooked food had been safely set aside, but lost in the shadows while the fire was being re-done.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #506 on: October 23, 2019, 06:38:41 PM »
:denmark: "Sure, you can do it."
:denmark: "Why the sudden need to check it? Is there some urgent need to it?"

:norway: "Apparently the local evil mages can control trolls. Therefore, more security is required. Bye!"
Axel moved far faster than a man of his size could have been capable of, into one of the deserted houses.

Solokov

« Reply #507 on: October 23, 2019, 08:22:44 PM »
:norway: "Apparently the local evil mages can control trolls. Therefore, more security is required. Bye!"
Axel moved far faster than a man of his size could have been capable of, into one of the deserted houses.

Jack glances off in the direction of where Axel went, consults his book, then back towards the fire and mumbles some more bad norwegian, "det .... er eek det geg ment ..."

[That.... is not what I meant...]
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,

Temteno

« Reply #508 on: October 24, 2019, 03:43:58 AM »

Anne stare after Axel and forgot about the farce that their food situation was. The fun time had taken a sour turn and she couldn't shake the words off that Axel had just dropped like a bomb.
The man was gone as soon as he answered and didn't even stay to explain any of these to Anne. She stared after him and pressed her temples. Just when she had gotten some sense of him, he had to go and do something like-

Okay, calm down.
Anne inhaled and exhaled few times hands pressed against her face. She then looked at Runar, Elin and Sanni who all didn't seem to be aware of this information. She couldn't know how much she had misunderstood Axel's words, so it's better not to spread the alarming words.
So, the only one who knows the true information besides him is...

Anne looked the strange human who sat alone. She pressed her lips together and crossed her arms. Anne contemplated something alone for a while and stepped few times towards the deserted house and the strange human. Finally she made a decision and walked towards the stranger.
She stood stiffly and a safe distance away him. Anne tried to take an eye contact with him.

:norway: "Uhm...wet did you spe-speker with Axel?"
[What did you speak with Axel?]
« Last Edit: October 24, 2019, 02:08:22 PM by Temteno »

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #509 on: October 24, 2019, 06:24:26 AM »
Nobody was quite certain what Axel got up to, but he returned an hour and a half later with a spring in his step. He sat down at his spot, grabbed some food, and chowed down.