Author Topic: ✼ Heeded Highbound: Reboot ✼ {RP}  (Read 72604 times)

Temteno

Re: ✼ Heeded Highbound: Reboot ✼ {RP}
« Reply #285 on: September 15, 2019, 01:26:03 PM »
Sanni gestured to the mask, which she was already wearing. Hearing the second part of Anne's speech, she smiled and called back :norway: "thank you!"

Sanni turned to Elin. :iceland: "I don't know. I haven't any idea what is going on."

Anne grinned back to her. She didn't understand any of the Icelandic, but rolled with it.
:sweden: "Thank Runar, he is our cook. I recommend to get out though before I go and eat all the food."
The woman jumped from the tank, but kept the door open.
:sweden: "And remember the mask! Elin, please take care of it."

She felt slightly tired and pressed the door shut. Anne walked towards Runar and glanced inside the pot to see what was filling her stomach tonight.
:sweden: "What's there?" she asked with curiosity.

Ragnarok

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #286 on: September 15, 2019, 01:30:28 PM »
":scotland: So.... no wardnet... who's your warder then? Those greatwards are good to keep most fiends away, but they and I will need to set up a proper net before it gets dark."

He begins rummaging through his messenger bag and pulling out the lacquered wooden plates he'd only just put away. There's quite a few of them and each of them has what appears to be a specific runic mark carved into the surface and marked with paint and finished with the lacquer coating for longevity.

Even jumbled and out of order the plates have some form of power and create something of a lensed effect around them.

Jack is quietly mumbling to himself, the words even more indistinct because of the low speaking and his wool scarf.

"won't need these ones... too much moisture in the air for fire demons... water sand... maybe stone... never seen an air but [indistinct]..."

He looks up and  asks a pointed question, "You have paint right?"

Axel elected to answer Jack's request by wordlessly pointing at Rúnar and then leaving the abnormally tall man behind.

Ylva continued to stare at Jack, watching him continuously.

Axel walked back to the tank, picked up a bowl of food, and ate quickly and soundlessly before tapping Rúnar on the shoulder. :norway: "Please tell me our skinflint bosses didn't skimp on the proximity alarm," he said emotionlessly.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 03:27:43 PM by Ragnarok »
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

Kitty

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • blueberry juice
« Reply #287 on: September 15, 2019, 01:43:53 PM »
Anne grinned back to her. She didn't understand any of the Icelandic, but rolled with it.
:sweden: "Thank Runar, he is our cook. I recommend to get out though before I go and eat all the food."
The woman jumped from the tank, but kept the door open.
:sweden: "And remember the mask! Elin, please take care of it."

She felt slightly tired and pressed the door shut. Anne walked towards Runar and glanced inside the pot to see what was filling her stomach tonight.
:sweden: "What's there?" she asked with curiosity.

:norway: "...food" he said. "It's edible." I cooked with what I had, what do you expect??? Oh no she'll hate it. And she'll hate me. And they'll never let me cook again. Or do anything. They'll just hate me. Oh no.
He took a bowl of food and sat down by the burner. It was nice and warm. Sitting next to it was good.
He made good food, too.
What if they hate it anyway. Oh no.

Axel elected to answer Jack's request by wordlessly pointing at Rúnar and then leaving the abnormally tall man behind.

Axel walked back to the tank, picked up a bowl of food, and ate quickly and soundlessly before tapping Rúnar on the shoulder. :norway: "Please tell me our skinflint bosses didn't skimp on the proximity alarm," he said emotionlessly.

...alright, that got his attention. :norway: "What?"
« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 03:30:21 PM by Kitty »

Native: :hr:
Fluent: :gb: :us: :ba: :rs:
Can kinda understand but not really: :si:
Not really: :de:

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #288 on: September 15, 2019, 01:45:40 PM »
:norway: "...food" he said. "It's edible." I cooked with what I had, what do you expect??? Oh no she'll hate it. And she'll hate me. And they'll never let me cook again. Or do anything. They'll just hate me. Oh no.
He took a bowl of food and sat down by the burner. It was nice and warm. Sitting next to it was good.
He made good food, too.

...alright, that got his attention. :norway: "What?"

Axel looked at Rúnar flatly. :norway: "Weird tall guy said demons come out at night. And trolls, which he calls fiends. Either we have a working alarm system and wards or I have to camp out on top of the tank with a gun."
« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 03:30:08 PM by Ragnarok »
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Kitty

• blueberry juice
« Reply #289 on: September 15, 2019, 01:47:01 PM »
Axel looked at Rúnar flatly. :norway: "Weird tall guy said demons come out at night. And trolls, which he calls fiends. Either we have a working alarm system and wards or I have to camp out on top of the tank with a gun."

"We have the proximity alarm..." Rúnar looked back into the bowl.

Then back up at Axel. :norway: "What?"
« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 03:33:47 PM by Kitty »

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #290 on: September 15, 2019, 01:47:50 PM »
"We have the proximity alarm..." Rúnar looked back into the bowl.

Then back up at Axel. :norway: "What?"

Axel sighed. :norway: "Yes, I don't know what the hell he's talking about either. But he mentioned wardnets so maybe you and he can figure out some magic shit."
Mages did weird stuff...and made Axel's life and job more difficult in general. Not that the big lunk here needed to know that.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 03:36:20 PM by Ragnarok »

Kitty

• blueberry juice
« Reply #291 on: September 15, 2019, 01:50:09 PM »
Axel sighed. :norway: "Yes, I don't know what the hell he's talking about either. But he mentioned wardnets so maybe you and he can figure out some magic s***."
Mages did weird stuff...and made Axel's life and job more difficult in general. Not that the big lunk here needed to know that.

:norway: "I don't speak whatever he does" Rúnar stated.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 03:38:38 PM by Kitty »

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #292 on: September 15, 2019, 01:51:06 PM »
:norway: "I don't speak whatever he does" Rúnar stated.

:norway: "I figured. I'll translate."
« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 03:39:29 PM by Ragnarok »

Solokov

• Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #293 on: September 15, 2019, 01:54:51 PM »

Axel walked back to the tank, picked up a bowl of food, and ate quickly and soundlessly before vanishing into the tank's storage.

After several minutes, he came out carrying a rifle and several magazines of ammunition, as well as some grenades. He clambered up on top of the tank with surprising agility, and sat there with the weapon across his knees and the grenades close at hand, watching the horizon.

Jack warily picks his way into the camp and looks around.

":scotland: He, " he points to Axel, "said you are your groups warder? Can you make some more of these?" He holds up some of the carved wooden plates. "they don't need to be carved... just the marks copied."

Spoiler: ooc • show

Yes, because of Axel he thinks everyone speaks his language.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Kitty

• blueberry juice
« Reply #294 on: September 15, 2019, 02:05:33 PM »
Jack warily picks his way into the camp and looks around.

":scotland: He, " he points to Axel, "said you are your groups warder? Can you make some more of these?" He holds up some of the carved wooden plates. "they don't need to be carved... just the marks copied."

Spoiler: ooc • show

Yes, because of Axel he thinks everyone speaks his language.

Rúnar stared at him. :norway: "What?"

Solokov

« Reply #295 on: September 15, 2019, 02:16:05 PM »
Rúnar stared at him. :norway: "What?"

Jack glances at Axel then pulls out the wine and cheese guidebook and flips through it a bit...

"kan duu.... kopayrer det ... hair??"

[Bad :norway:; Can you copy these?]

He holds up the wood plates.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.

Kitty

• blueberry juice
« Reply #296 on: September 15, 2019, 02:19:04 PM »
Jack glances at Axel then pulls out the wine and cheese guidebook and flips through it a bit...

"kan duu.... kopayrer det ... hair??"

[Bad :norway:; Can you copy these?]

He holds up the wood plates.

:norway: "What are they?" he asked.

Temteno

« Reply #297 on: September 15, 2019, 02:22:05 PM »
He made good food, too.

Anne took a bowl and filled it bowl with the soup that Runar had made. She sniffed it and felt now even more hungry. The woman stared it and took a spoonful of it.
:sweden: "It's edible, as you said- Thank you", she said with a teasing smile and continued eating. She sat to a rock close to the pot and ate peacefully, listening Runar and the weird man's conversation. Really, what was with all these symbols?

The food was good. She had eaten better but, on military standards, it was pretty good.

Solokov

« Reply #298 on: September 15, 2019, 02:31:41 PM »
:norway: "What are they?" he asked.

He flips though his book some... he thinks he knows what was asked, "avdil-neengar... utan fer? banshees ock kelpies."

[Bad :norway: ; They ward off banshees and kelpies.]

He motions at the greatwards on the tank and trailer and automatically swaps back to gaelic. ":scotland: Those are good for fiends, doesn't stop the other two."
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,

Kitty

• blueberry juice
« Reply #299 on: September 15, 2019, 02:41:48 PM »
He flips though his book some... he thinks he knows what was asked, "avdil-neengar... utan fer? banshees ock kelpies."

[Bad :norway: ; They ward off banshees and kelpies.]

He motions at the greatwards on the tank and trailer and automatically swaps back to gaelic. ":scotland: Those are good for fiends, doesn't stop the other two."

:norway: "... translate...?" Rúnar told Axel. He clearly gave up on trying to figure out what Jack was saying.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 03:41:49 PM by Kitty »