Author Topic: SSSS Crafting and Applied Arts Museum  (Read 54614 times)

Olga Veresk

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Il n'y a que le premier pas qui coûte
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: SSSS Crafting and Applied Arts Museum
« Reply #90 on: September 04, 2015, 04:55:43 PM »

Another glass art =)

My version on Summoning the Moon.

Materials: 10x15 cm glass, colours & contours for glass, 'frost' colour, acrylic paint, glitter, micropearl, amber, foil.
Background: paper with printed text, aquarelle pencil.

Spoiler: show

In the sunlight

Micropearls on Lalli's hood

Amber & glitter in hair of Kuutar, and micropearls on her collar

It's what happens when sun shines: mysterious shadows on the wall =)

Native: :russia: Fluent: Intermediate: :france: Try to learn: :denmark: :japan:

Survived: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::book2::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::book3::chap17::chap18::chap19:

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #91 on: September 04, 2015, 05:01:37 PM »

Another glass art =)

Materials: 10x15 cm glass, colours & contours for glass, 'frost' colour, acrylic paint, glitter, micropearl, amber, foil.

In the sunlight

This is so beautiful!!! It even has the Finnish spell in the background! Wow. *sits and stares*
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #92 on: September 04, 2015, 05:03:41 PM »
Wow, Olga, it's amazing ! (The effect with the sun too !)
How many hours did you need to do that ?
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Daéa Reina

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #93 on: September 04, 2015, 05:20:30 PM »

Another glass art =)

In the sunlight

This looks fantastic!! <3
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

Helia

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #94 on: September 04, 2015, 05:40:58 PM »

Another glass art =)

Oooooh, it's beautiful!

native: :hungary:  fluent: :uk:  special: :germany:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #95 on: September 05, 2015, 05:49:27 AM »
Olga: wow! Just wow! Amazing glass art!
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Olga Veresk

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Il n'y a que le premier pas qui coûte
« Reply #96 on: September 05, 2015, 07:21:25 AM »
Daéa Reina, Helia, Róisín - thank you very much!  :D

Wow, Olga, it's amazing ! (The effect with the sun too !)
How many hours did you need to do that ?

Thank you =) Well, I didn't count... May be 4 hours totally, with about an hour for sketch, and Photoshop image processing.
Native: :russia: Fluent: Intermediate: :france: Try to learn: :denmark: :japan:

Survived: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::book2::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::book3::chap17::chap18::chap19:

Krisse Kovacs

• Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #97 on: September 05, 2015, 06:26:45 PM »
I have no idea where to post, but felt to share:

I have my fav trousers, but it got a hole on it's pocket

and I am being creative type and instead of throwing it out, I fixed it:

totally handmade, so it is not the best.
can speak :hungary::uk: used to learn :germany: is learning :sweden::finland: can read a bit :norway::denmark: want to learn :iceland:
survived :chap8: - :chap9: - :chap10: - :chap11: - :chap12: - :chap13: - :chap14: - :chap15: - :chap16: - :chap17: - :chap18: - :chap19: - :chap20:

Ana Nymus

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
« Reply #98 on: September 05, 2015, 08:46:08 PM »
and I am being creative type and instead of throwing it out, I fixed it:

totally handmade, so it is not the best.

I disagree, I think this is most best! You should be proud to boast the Danish flag on your pants! And everyone should know some basic sewing techniques so they can do awesome stuff like this instead of throwing out a perfectly good piece of clothing.
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Krisse Kovacs

• Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
« Reply #99 on: September 06, 2015, 04:05:30 PM »
I disagree, I think this is most best! You should be proud to boast the Danish flag on your pants! And everyone should know some basic sewing techniques so they can do awesome stuff like this instead of throwing out a perfectly good piece of clothing.

well, really long time ago I made a Finland cap in 2011 (while watching eurovision lol)

(the sweden one I bought in Denmark)

my grandma taught me to do these, and the hat was made same way, sadly the fabric was pretty strong, so it was not that easy, and for the danish flag on my trousers were same, some parts on my trousers were really hard to sew throw with hands.

and I dunno why I think sewing with hand is easy....... sorry, it is really hard to believe someone can't because it is really easy to me.....
can speak :hungary::uk: used to learn :germany: is learning :sweden::finland: can read a bit :norway::denmark: want to learn :iceland:
survived :chap8: - :chap9: - :chap10: - :chap11: - :chap12: - :chap13: - :chap14: - :chap15: - :chap16: - :chap17: - :chap18: - :chap19: - :chap20:

Ana Nymus

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
« Reply #100 on: September 06, 2015, 05:10:22 PM »
well, really long time ago I made a Finland cap in 2011 (while watching eurovision lol)

(the sweden one I bought in Denmark)

my grandma taught me to do these, and the hat was made same way, sadly the fabric was pretty strong, so it was not that easy, and for the danish flag on my trousers were same, some parts on my trousers were really hard to sew throw with hands.

and I dunno why I think sewing with hand is easy....... sorry, it is really hard to believe someone can't because it is really easy to me.....

Yes, clothing with all of the Nordic flags!!! (ok not really, but 3/5 isn't bad) And that embroidery is beautiful! I can see how it would be difficult to do with strong fabric.
Sewing by hand isn't all that hard, but a lot of people I know simply never learned how to do it. My grandma never would have let me go through life without knowing the basics, though ^-^
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Krisse Kovacs

• Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
« Reply #101 on: September 06, 2015, 07:06:37 PM »
Yes, clothing with all of the Nordic flags!!! (ok not really, but 3/5 isn't bad) And that embroidery is beautiful! I can see how it would be difficult to do with strong fabric.
Sewing by hand isn't all that hard, but a lot of people I know simply never learned how to do it. My grandma never would have let me go through life without knowing the basics, though ^-^

I dunno, in primary school we had a class, where we did many handcraftings (girls did like sewing, or knitting, boys made like woodcrafts but of course I also have some woodcrafts too xD [not to mention the cooking in school]) maybe it was not in every school, but in ours we had.
my grandma used to make a lot of those kind of table sheets and so on with those flowers (whatever it is called the way to do them) she showed me that. actually my dad showed me and taught me how to make bracelets out of yarn or thread (we also did this in school too).

flags, I barely have on other clothes, but I used to have phone-chain, and I have a lot of flags around in my room, (I am not obsessed with flags, especially with nordics), also my most-best t-shirt has flags on it, does that count?
well, I don't mind making myself any other flag-stuffs, I might try one day something else when I feel really creative agian.

Róisín

« Reply #102 on: September 06, 2015, 08:21:44 PM »
Martti: those little flower embroideries are lovely!  And if you are hand sewing heavy fabric, do you have a thimble? Or a saddlers' palm if you can find one? I find such tools very useful for sewing canvas or leather; if you go to a craft shop you should find several gadgets for making heavy hand sewing easier and safer. Such tools were once used by shoemakers, harness repairers and the like, and now for leather crafts.
I've never mastered a sewing machine, but can hand sew well enough. One of my sisters is a tailor, and she thinks it's very silly of me, but I've never managed to machine-sew without breaking the machine or sewing my fingers!

Auleliel

• Ranger
  • Ninja Squirrel Trainer
« Reply #103 on: September 06, 2015, 08:24:46 PM »
Martti: those little flower embroideries are lovely!  And if you are hand sewing heavy fabric, do you have a thimble? Or a saddlers' palm if you can find one? I find such tools very useful for sewing canvas or leather; if you go to a craft shop you should find several gadgets for making heavy hand sewing easier and safer. Such tools were once used by shoemakers, harness repairers and the like, and now for leather crafts.
I've never mastered a sewing machine, but can hand sew well enough. One of my sisters is a tailor, and she thinks it's very silly of me, but I've never managed to machine-sew without breaking the machine or sewing my fingers!
I'm glad I'm not the only one! Everyone I know who sews uses a machine, and they can't understand that for me, just sitting down at a machine is enough to jam it! I also must hand-sew everything.
Know: :usa:
Learning: :japan: :sweden: :finland: :wales:
Somewhat forgot: :mexico: :germany: :southkorea:

:hat: :betterhat:
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Róisín

« Reply #104 on: September 06, 2015, 08:48:20 PM »
Auleliel: Sympathy! Electric sewing machines are the worst. I could just manage my Gran's old pedal-driven Singer machine, if I worked very carefully and slowly, but I haven't seen one of those for decades.

Martti: I forgot to mention also sailmakers' needles and the leather palm they use - very good for such work.