Author Topic: Cosplay (non-SSSS)  (Read 46193 times)

Helia

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
Re: Cosplay (non-SSSS)
« Reply #270 on: October 04, 2015, 02:19:20 PM »
I'm not sure if this counts entirely as cosplay, but it could be used for that, so I'm going with it. After over two years of work, I finally finished my 4th Doctor scarf. The picture doesn't do it justice, because I couldn't find anyone to model it for me. But here it is!

Cool! How long is it?
And the little turtle is cute.

By the way, are you on Ravelry?

Don't give up! It took me years to figure it out and be able to crochet easily, and I had the wonderful help of my grandma, who is a crochet master. If you find a project that you really want to do, it'll help motivate you to improve and learn. I'd suggest signing up over at Ravelry, they've got a ton of projects of all sizes and skill levels, and lots of people to ask for help if you're stuck.

I can second this! Crocheting is not that hard  ;)
native: :hungary:  fluent: :uk:  special: :germany:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #271 on: October 04, 2015, 02:26:29 PM »
I can second this! Crocheting is not that hard  ;)
Hello I'm left-handed and I had needed 3 tries (at 14, 19 and 25 years) to learn how to knit ::) I'm on a complicated project with a friend who loves complicated projects challenges and I'm mostly at the "why my wool is twisting ?" stage. But we're out of topic.
Crochet explains why I was wondering which stitch you could have used for your scarf, Ana ;)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Ana Nymus

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #272 on: October 04, 2015, 02:33:17 PM »
Yes, crochet! I tried my hand at knitting once, but crochet just suits me better.

Cool! How long is it?
And the little turtle is cute.

By the way, are you on Ravelry?

*gets out measuring tape*

With the fringe, it is 12'6" (3.8 m) long. And I am on Ravelry! My name is AnaNymus I use that name basically everywhere I go
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Daéa Reina

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #273 on: October 04, 2015, 10:18:17 PM »
* Daéa Reina wants to steal Ana's scarf too

It's so beautiful!! *___*
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
« Reply #274 on: October 04, 2015, 11:06:01 PM »
* Daéa Reina wants to steal Ana's scarf too

It's so beautiful!! *___*

D: Make your own, people!

(But thank you ^-^)
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #275 on: October 04, 2015, 11:13:10 PM »
D: Make your own, people!

(But thank you ^-^)

I don't know how to knit!! D:
*cries in despair*

I guess there's only one way to solve this...

native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
« Reply #276 on: October 04, 2015, 11:14:36 PM »
I don't know how to knit!! D:
*cries in despair*

I guess there's only one way to solve this...

Or crochet! Crochet is a thing too, people! Learn....?

*waves crochet hook weakly in the air*

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

SugaAndSpice

• Scout
  • just a gourd on the internet
  • Preferred pronouns: ALL THE PRONOUNS. He/him/his is always a safe bet though!
« Reply #277 on: October 09, 2015, 11:06:20 AM »
Crocheting is fun! I don't know how to do anything except make a ridiculously long thread of uselessness, but whatever. Also, I'm doing an Aradia cosplay! I will try to figure my computer out so I can post some pictures soon! I even have a wig, and I'm just so excited! I'm doing three costumes for halloween. Aradia, Karkat, and Kanaya.
I say vol, you say tron! Vol!
…Voltron?

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
« Reply #278 on: October 20, 2015, 10:36:04 AM »
Halloween time and I got to create a costume to wear while teaching at my schools ^_^
Heheh, not so great photos here, and I'm still feeling like a total wig noob, but I'm counting it as a success

This is supposed to be Chihiro from spirited away ^_^ I am such a huge Ghibli fan!
Spoiler:  chihiro • show

I was so happy that the kids recognised it, and because my name is difficult for them to pronounce I was called "Chihiro Sensei" for the whole day :P
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

DB (f.k.a. DaveBro)

• Ranger
  • Filk, flute, guitar, NwoC
« Reply #279 on: October 25, 2015, 07:30:58 PM »
Behind this link are 132 photos of the Marching Abominables' annual rolling party: Boogie Man, where we stop for a number or three in our chartered bus, at various bars, restaurants, and neighborhoods.

http://alcs.zenfolio.com/boogieman15

I'm not in any of the pictures, since I was home with a bad back, but I am going to have to make a serious effort to raise my idea of cosplay to their level. 
*shakes head in dismay at achieving musical and costuming proficiency simultaneously.
Fluent:  :usa:      Fair:  :norway:    BTE:  :france:
           Chapter Breaks Survived:  
                            :hat:
            :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:
            :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:
            :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:
            :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:    (5-20)

Krisse Kovacs

• Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
Re: Cosplay
« Reply #280 on: October 30, 2015, 03:38:09 PM »
someone could help me with make up?
I DO NOT need tutorials, they are not helpful, what I need, HOW THE HELL PEOPLE can get tons of different things for tutorial, many colour, perfect colour for their skin and everything
I go to a shop and I don't even find half of those that they use

basically what i need is a really bright foundation. NEVER FOUND ONE for my skin. all standard "lightest" one is like 2-3 tones lighter then my actual skin, I am really white, how can I get one for my skin then if no any shop sells one?  if online I could get one, how I supposed to know what is my skin colour? how to choose one for my skin? (not only foundation, any corrector or anything else, which is superwhite like my skin would be good)

I also see people have WHITE powder, but I never seen any in shops. how those people buy it? (I actually use baby powder sometimes, it is not for make up, but the only thing that actually looks okay with my skin and I could get)

sorry to write here, I dunno where to ask them.
I really don't get anything about make up
can speak :hungary::uk: used to learn :germany: is learning :sweden::finland: can read a bit :norway::denmark: want to learn :iceland:
survived :chap8: - :chap9: - :chap10: - :chap11: - :chap12: - :chap13: - :chap14: - :chap15: - :chap16: - :chap17: - :chap18: - :chap19: - :chap20:

Kiraly

• Tumblr
  • SSSSinnamon roll
  • Preferred pronouns: she, her, etc.
« Reply #281 on: October 31, 2015, 02:29:09 PM »
Since it's Halloween, I figured I should show off my costume! My housemates and I did a Tim Burton-inspired Halloween party last weekend so here's my version of Sally from The Nightmare Before Christmas. I was a little lazy this year and didn't bother to do anything to color my hair, but it's still recognizable I think.

Languages: :usa: (native) :mexico: (conversational but out of practice) :germany: (attempting to learn)
Survivor: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #282 on: November 02, 2015, 11:27:29 AM »
Excellent idea!  Here's how the glowy hands finally came out for Halloween.
Spoiler: show

The costume was called "It was a bad down down at the nuclear plant."
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #283 on: November 02, 2015, 12:30:41 PM »
I did a very lowkey Jasper test for Halloween! It was basically just a makeup test with most of the costume because I still have the wig to style and also I need to make the little yellow diamond on the chest.

I'm so relieved, the orange paint and the arm socks match pretty well ;w;
YEET

Olga Veresk

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Il n'y a que le premier pas qui coûte
Re: Cosplay Help
« Reply #284 on: November 05, 2015, 10:33:50 AM »
Martti, may be Korean BB cremes will be helpful. Review, for example is here.

As for white powder, I found it in dance and theatrical supply. So you may find it in any shop with make up for stage.

And my turn to ask for help. I am preparing Lalli cosplay, and I've got a couple of questions about it.

1. Hair. I was sure Lalli's hair colour is ash blond, and I found the wig I thought was proper. Here it is:

But I looked through SSSS Cosplay thread, and the wigs I saw were white or silver. So I'm in doubt. Any ideas about that?

2. Fabric. According to Minna's blog, and Uniform Overanalyzing Thread, uniforms were made of leather.

Since these drawings I've ditched the rubbery parts and replaced them with black leather where appropriate, because I remembered there's not exactly a lot of rubber to go round
and when they live. Therefore: leather!
Source

Word of God below.
From the comic, page 225:

Solokov
What are their clothes made out of? Natural fiber cloth like cotton and wool, or synthetics like polyester and the like? Or is it a blend?

Also, those black panels on Lalli's hood? Are they solid or could a person see through them?

minnasundberg
Natural materials mostly, the only things that are synthetic are re-used old-world materials. I'm envisioning their outer gear to be some sort of soft, matt bleached leather. And the dark parts are all some sort of leather too. (I'm not an expert on clothing materials so I'm not sure they're realistic at all, that's just how I'm envisioning them. ;S)

I agree about boots, belts, gloves, collar, but not sure about pants and coat. Although leather is durable, water- and windproof, isn't it cold in winter? And how leather can be washed (p. 375) without losing its shape? So which fabric can be used, except leather? As for undetlayers, may it be just thermal underwear?
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 03:40:32 PM by Olga Veresk »
Native: :russia: Fluent: Intermediate: :france: Try to learn: :denmark: :japan:

Survived: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::book2::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::book3::chap17::chap18::chap19: