Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 842229 times)

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #4830 on: March 04, 2016, 04:40:29 PM »

Well, the first thing that struck me is that it looks like a combination between, a Xenomorph and Shelob, so Shemorph or xenolob. But after closer consideration I've landed on the nickname 'Maggie the Monster Maggot'.

Also, the fact that it looks like a tick makes it like 100 x more sinister.

I'm just so mesmerized by that box thing in the bottom left corner because it has this sublime, probably unintentional resemblance to a painting of an icy bog in winter fog :0

The whole team's demented!

Typical office people, always sassing.

Old world reagents, eh?

Good luck getting anyone to understand why this is valuable enough to bring back. "Reagent? That's the thing you mix with rea'ladies to make sciency stuff happen right?"

SectoBoss

• Ranger
« Reply #4831 on: March 04, 2016, 04:51:02 PM »
Good luck getting anyone to understand why this is valuable enough to bring back. "Reagent? That's the thing you mix with rea'ladies to make sciency stuff happen right?"

Considering that's a canister of hydrogen cyanide there I guess we'll just have to explain it away as 'troll poison'. Or, I suppose, just plain old 'poison'.

I wonder if now would be a good time to start pondering a trollsona for myself, because if Julian survives this encounter he sure as hell won't be in the same shape afterwards :D
Native: :uk:  Remembers dregs: :france: :vaticancity:  Learning (slowly): :sweden:
Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
Proud owner of a Haizvatar
I write a bit on AO3

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #4832 on: March 04, 2016, 04:55:07 PM »
I wonder if now would be a good time to start pondering a trollsona for myself, because if Julian survives this encounter he sure as hell won't be in the same shape afterwards :D

Or he could just put his money where his mouth is and lob the entire can of troll-away into its maw.

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #4833 on: March 04, 2016, 05:24:34 PM »
SectoBoss: man, you found the Easter egg part quick. :D Then again I guess any chemist would go for the label first (unlike one of my goldsmithing professors who preferred to taste-test unknown substances... famous quotes include f.ex. "If you aren't sure whether it's cyanide or not you can try tasting it. But just a little bit.")(We never did.) so... he could still have a chance

(Looks like someone's going to get eaten pretty quick....)

It just struck me this is a strange way of giving gifts to friends: "Look I painted your ssssona maybe about to die in a horrible way!" :-\

Also, the fact that it looks like a tick makes it like 100 x more sinister.

O.O
It... does... EWEWEWEW. EW.
Well done, you just thoroughly creeped me out using my own art!

I'm just so mesmerized by that box thing in the bottom left corner because it has this sublime, probably unintentional resemblance to a painting of an icy bog in winter fog :0

Hahahahah this is just as unintentional as the tick-like appearance of the troll, a result of splash-n-splash painting style. Now that you mention it though, I can kind of see it too. :D
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #4834 on: March 04, 2016, 06:29:15 PM »

A few days ago SomeBody made a request that people should draw more trolls and I'm always happy to do just that, so here you are! I've no idea what your ssssona is doing in the Silent World or why he's out of his lab coat for once, but no sudden movements now.

the sound effect is MUHUHUhahaHAHAha, but I can't quite figure out which character is meant to emit it.  Love it!
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #4835 on: March 04, 2016, 10:12:28 PM »
*listens to echo*
Maybe in light of Onni's mutilation, I could make like Van Gogh & paint a self-portrait as well? Not likely, but could be funny. Quoth the sundry Madsens past & present, "I thought so too."

And now I have done. I found myself with some time to kill, and an art bag by my side.  So this is Helle-Mai as Onni / Van Gogh. *shrugs*
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 06:26:42 PM by wavewright62 »
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Keeper

• Ranger
  • Child of the Sun
« Reply #4836 on: March 04, 2016, 10:15:11 PM »
Wow, wavewright, that is awesome! A+ for the inspiration, the style, the expression!
:chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :book3: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :book4:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

Mark my words, it's not quite what you thought.

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #4837 on: March 08, 2016, 05:07:48 PM »
I had the most boring, uneventful day of all year today and times like that all kinds of weird stuff starts happening. This time I randomly started to think of a card I once painted for Yuuago where the Lauftroll yoinks whatever story he's been writing (likely something shippy) - and then I realized the troll made a crucial mistake. It really can't see much... how would it ever find out what's written in there? Someone would obviously have to read the story for it.

After this no real effort was seen for anything, sorry about the art quality and scan quality and and... well, sorry for everything. :D

Um, happy ending?

(Reminds me I made myself tea ages ago and I bet it's still sitting there forgotten at the kitchen table.)
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #4838 on: March 08, 2016, 05:13:24 PM »
:D It's been a long time I hadn't seen so many Ssssonas, I love it Laufey ! (Asking Fimby was taking... errr... some risks.)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #4839 on: March 08, 2016, 05:20:43 PM »
I had the most boring, uneventful day of all year today and times like that all kinds of weird stuff starts happening. This time I randomly started to think of a card I once painted for Yuuago where the Lauftroll yoinks whatever story he's been writing (likely something shippy) - and then I realized the troll made a crucial mistake. It really can't see much... how would it ever find out what's written in there? Someone would obviously have to read the story for it.
LAUFEY
I
I'M................. laughing pretty hard

i love that poor accordion troll's claws stay damaged ahahahh. what a nice detail
you'll know where to find me.

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #4840 on: March 08, 2016, 05:22:28 PM »

After this no real effort was seen for anything, sorry about the art quality and scan quality and and... well, sorry for everything. :D

(snip)

Um, happy ending?

(Reminds me I made myself tea ages ago and I bet it's still sitting there forgotten at the kitchen table.)

Goodbye friends, I am gone. 'twas Laufey what killed me. : D

On the one hand, I wouldn't wish boring days on you. On the other, if they result in delightfully ridiculous things like this, well....

(Now that I'm thinking on the subject, unlike my actual self, if my ssssona attempted writing romance fiction, the results would probably be... pretty terrible. I'm imagining a lot of purple prose. : D But then again maybe not)
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #4841 on: March 08, 2016, 05:23:37 PM »
Ahahahaha this is beautiful I love it  :'D

*stealz from the troll*
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #4842 on: March 08, 2016, 05:24:15 PM »

Um, happy ending?

Happy ending until Lauf gets hungry I guess
Ragnarok, ruining your day since whenever I joined this forum
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #4843 on: March 08, 2016, 06:27:01 PM »

Well great, now I'm dead again.
Will Thranduil ever get to publish his work? The world may never know. But I think this is the first ever picture where Lauftroll in its entirety is visible, so ... Canon size confirmed?

Happy ending until Lauf gets hungry I guess
Ragnarok, ruining your day since whenever I joined this forum

No worries, it's like a dinosaur. Standing still and staying silent is exponentially more effective.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 06:28:44 PM by Fimbulvarg »

Hrollo

• Ranger
« Reply #4844 on: March 08, 2016, 06:57:58 PM »
"Wrong number"

pffffff :D
Fluent: :fr: :gb:
Some knowledge: :it:
Attempting to learn again: :de:
Passive familiarity: :es: :br: :ad: :ro: