Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 842025 times)

North

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • i am rage incarnate. your world shall burn.
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #4665 on: November 17, 2015, 03:10:44 PM »
Yuuago Thank you aaa I'm glad people like it ;vvv; <3
Fluent: :norway: :uk:
Newbie: :germany: :russia:
Pronouns: she/her

Ana Nymus

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
« Reply #4666 on: November 17, 2015, 03:43:45 PM »
Feartheviolas, Haiz, Piney, Gwenno, Daéa Reina, Yuuago: Thank you for the compliments! You all give me so much incentive to draw (and no lack of subjects to draw, either ;) )

:o Haiz Hair Headcannon accepted! I love the expression, too, very serious. <3

[/url]

That's awesome! The way you did the inside of the cloak-thingamabob is especially cool!
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #4667 on: November 17, 2015, 04:07:28 PM »
I finished my art trade with Curry!

!!!!! THIS IS SO PRETTY!!! :D Thank you so much and I love it so much and I have no words for how great this is! :DDD Digital art is really fun and you seem to be ROCKING IT so far!
YEET

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #4668 on: November 17, 2015, 08:42:08 PM »
Will confess at first glance I thought this was a centaur-Curry for some reason....

Now THAT's an AU that I don't think anyone has already thought about...

Aaaaa, thank you!! I love your piece, too, the shading looks really good! The pose is also really neat, it's refreshing to see something different than the regular "standing up" (I am guilty of drawing that pose too often) ;v;

Thank you!!
I wanted to draw Karri in a really crazy pose, but decided to settle for something less weird and more magical... So floating it is. XD

Daéa Your colouring looks great! I can't decide whether I prefer the regular version or the flats, they're both awesome. : D

Thank you! <3

That's awesome! The way you did the inside of the cloak-thingamabob is especially cool!

Thank you very much!

!!!!! THIS IS SO PRETTY!!! :D Thank you so much and I love it so much and I have no words for how great this is! :DDD Digital art is really fun and you seem to be ROCKING IT so far!

Aahh, I'm so happy you like it!!! :D

Digital art is a little addicting, actually... I might start coloring more things that way.
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
« Reply #4669 on: November 18, 2015, 08:31:56 AM »
Ana and North: Your art looks amazing!! Love it! :O

I decided to try something different and color it digitally, and I'm really happy with how it turned out! It was a lot of work... I did some really stupid things, since I'm a newbie at digital art, and had to fix stupid things and also decided that I wanted to try lighting?? And I had never done this before, so it was quite a challenge!

*Spoilers because long post.*
Spoiler: BONUS • show

LOOKS LIKE SOMEONE DUMPED A BUCKET OF WATER ON KARRI

[height=100]http://i.imgur.com/Wt394q8.png[/img]

Día swears it was an accident, she was just trying to wash the Cattank

Oh my gosh, how can you be this good at digital colouring so quickly?? ?? ?? This is amazing and beautiful and I am astounded that you consider yourself a newbie when producing work this good o.O much applauding from here (also, that expression is great :P )
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

Fauna

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #4670 on: November 18, 2015, 12:51:47 PM »
Heeeey dudes it's offiially November! That means that, all over Scandinavia right now, there's a bunch of choirs practiving for Lucia in its various forms, a beautifulold tradition that you should totally check out on Youtube sometime if you haven't already!

Of course Maja, having a bit of a personal interest in music, decided to be a bit open minded and experience this custom herself (as her home town have made some quirky additionsover the course of recent history).

Spoiler: show

... but there may or may not be some culture clashing going on. She had a very practical upbringing :P
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 04:15:45 PM by Fauna »

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #4671 on: November 18, 2015, 01:02:07 PM »
Nyahahahaaa, I finally remembered to upload the last of my monster karris!! What do you mean it's 20 days since October. I have. No idea what you're talking about.

Faun, mermaid, cyclops!!

Fairy, cyborg, elf!!

Gorgon (as in Medusa), zombie, vampire, succubus!!

Squid, wraith, spider!!

I also have a villain Karri that I drew late last night but I couldn’t tell whether it was actually good or not so I’ll see later today :P
YEET

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #4672 on: November 18, 2015, 02:58:06 PM »
I've been meaning to comment on all the great new art that's been posted lately, while a lot of really great pieces have come up!
Gwenno, both your sweet harbinger of death-Halloween Sarah and Klarissa/Daiseerose look very good. As usual, I like the story that comes with the pictures. (Nasty looking break on the leg, and a pretty serious wound, too. I hope they still have antibiotics.

Curry, your drawing of Día in space is so lovely and lonely, and you've captured the feeling of deep deep cold very nicely. I especially like the effect of the frost crystals and the stars that look so similar. And monster Karris, wooo! The wraith looks like a ballet dancer standing like that, I bet the hair would look really impressive during a pirouette the hair is alwais impressive. But not just the hair, the poses and the expressions (spider-Karri!!) look so good!

Keeper, I think that pose looks very good, and I like the effects you've made with shading, both on Anas clothing and hair.

Ana Nymus, I love the dynamic poses you've been doing, and the experiments with digital coloring. The piece with the glowing luonto and dramatic lighting looks especially good, I think it's one of the best you've posted so far!

North, welcome back! Dreamworld Haiz looks great, and the canon on changing haircolor is a really neat idea. I know I won't be able to see rainbow color without thinking of Haiz!

Daéa Reina: Wow, that's a really beatiful Karri, and welcome to the land of digital coloring! It sure doesn't look like you're new to it, so the work that went into it really paid off :D

Fauna: Ahaha that is both really beautiful and really funny! Why indeed. Why would anyone go without an axe, even.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 02:06:05 PM by Unlos »

Keeper

• Ranger
  • Child of the Sun
« Reply #4673 on: November 18, 2015, 03:53:26 PM »
Keeper, I think that pose looks very good, and I like the effects you've made with shading, both on Anas clothing and hair.

Thank you! And I know you said you were up for an art trade, so I'm working on yours too. :)
:chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :book3: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :book4:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

Mark my words, it's not quite what you thought.

Adrai Thell

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Might be productive. Someday.
« Reply #4674 on: November 18, 2015, 04:23:44 PM »
So there was a conversation in the Promotions Thread earlier (which I unfortunately slept through) and once I found out that Feartheviolas had become the Majestic Flap-Flap, well...
Fluent: :usa:
Childlike: :france:
Stolen Souls: 6.5
Survivor: :artd: :book1+: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Speak softly, and carry a big heart.

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #4675 on: November 18, 2015, 04:27:46 PM »
So there was a conversation in the Promotions Thread earlier (which I unfortunately slept through) and once I found out that Feartheviolas had become the Majestic Flap-Flap, well...

AHahahaaha this is hilarious. I guess I'm a troll now.... Wait. Is is is it wearing goggles? Oh man this is the best  :))
*flaps through the snow*

I shall have to art this now as well...
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

misea

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • perpetually sleepy night owl
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/their
« Reply #4676 on: November 18, 2015, 04:48:49 PM »

PFFFFFFFAHAHAHAHA
This is beautiful :')
native :usa: | decent :france: | speak :china: | learning :spain: :italy: :sweden: :norway: :ireland: | wishlist: :finland: all

:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :betterhat: :chap9:

courtesy of wolfie's magical intrnt skillz

Fauna

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #4677 on: November 20, 2015, 02:28:20 PM »

THE NIGHTMARE HAS BEGUN

HIDE YO KIDS
HIDE YO ICELANDERS

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #4678 on: November 20, 2015, 02:49:34 PM »
Nyahahahaaa, I finally remembered to upload the last of my monster karris!! What do you mean it's 20 days since October. I have. No idea what you're talking about.

I really like how different you made these, but how they are still all very recognizable as Karri :D

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Jumezat

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • the embarrassment
« Reply #4679 on: November 20, 2015, 02:50:25 PM »

hi guys c:
hope it's not to hard to read o3o
fluent: :norway:
I try: :uk: