Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 841896 times)

Yuuago

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #4245 on: September 19, 2015, 11:50:10 AM »
You've been added to both the infodump and group 4 in the organization thread! :D They're surprisingly light on medics for a group full of medics and mechanics >_> Welcome to the squad!

Works for me! Thanks! : D
It does look like we're a bit short on that skillset. Hopefully throwing this guy into the mix will give it a boost, what with his experience even if there is some history there. (/rolls up sleeves!)

Oooooh! So much pretty colouring! You are very good with pencil crayons. Welcome to the self insert world!

Thank you! I haven't drawn anything in years, and I'd forgotten how much I missed colouring. It feels good to do it again. (Drawing, on the other hand, well... mrrr.)
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

misea

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • perpetually sleepy night owl
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/their
« Reply #4246 on: September 19, 2015, 02:47:09 PM »
It looks like it's time for me to stop dithering and post my self-insert, since everyone's doing it. : D

Welcome! :D And gosh, your coloring is beautiful :')
native :usa: | decent :france: | speak :china: | learning :spain: :italy: :sweden: :norway: :ireland: | wishlist: :finland: all

:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :betterhat: :chap9:

courtesy of wolfie's magical intrnt skillz

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #4247 on: September 19, 2015, 03:06:05 PM »
It looks like it's time for me to stop dithering and post my self-insert, since everyone's doing it. : D

Name: Josef "Jo" Jansson
Nationality: ……..Swedish
Area of birth: ……..Mora
Immunity: ……..Yes
Profession: ……..Medic, Skald
Languages: :sweden: :iceland:
Old World languages (reading only): :uk:

Qualification details:
-Fully trained in field medicine and related areas.
-Has standard skald training, as well as decent skill at estimating monetary value of books and other Old World artifacts.
-Can handle and operate standard firearms; taught by family. Average shot.

Other:
-Well-educated, and comes from a well-off, well-connected family. Is not above using his family's connections and money to further his own interests.
-Entered into medical training with an eye toward the military, claiming he wanted to make himself useful, though primary motivation was to get away from his overbearing relatives.
-After an incident in his mid 20s, he abruptly changed career paths, and continues to blame himself for what happened.
-Has a personal passion for the history and literature of the Old World, and dreams of the prospect of recovering lost literary works.
-Insists on being referred to by his nickname, 'Jo'. He's very firm on this particular matter.
-Generally acts formal and reserved due to a desire to have others take him seriously. Underneath, he is dreamy, thoughtful, and compassionate.
-Has a vivid, overactive imagination, and is more open to the idea of magic and gods than the average Swede. But he keeps this to himself (mostly).

Character song: Euroband - This is my life
---

I will of course be putting him in the expedition; it seems right up his alley (heck, knowing him, he'd want to contribute funds in addition to skill) But I can't decide where to put him. It seems like he has skills that would equally benefit groups 3 and 4. What do you guys suggest? Group 4 it is, thank you Curry!

---
And since it was Laufey who nudged me in this direction, I decided to draw our characters together! ... Oh dear. Don't look behind you to find out what that weird noise is, just run!

Yay! More medics!
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

misea

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • perpetually sleepy night owl
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/their
« Reply #4248 on: September 19, 2015, 03:10:04 PM »
Yay! More medics!

Now our team won't die XD I wonder how many medics we have now... *wishes they had time to work on spreadsheets*
native :usa: | decent :france: | speak :china: | learning :spain: :italy: :sweden: :norway: :ireland: | wishlist: :finland: all

:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :betterhat: :chap9:

courtesy of wolfie's magical intrnt skillz

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #4249 on: September 19, 2015, 03:47:26 PM »
And since it was Laufey who nudged me in this direction, I decided to draw our characters together! ... Oh dear. Don't look behind you to find out what that weird noise is, just run!
"No. Nothing here..."
You're good at drawing ! :D I like how you did the light on the scene.

Laufeytroll is everywhere...
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #4250 on: September 19, 2015, 04:39:57 PM »
Now our team won't die XD I wonder how many medics we have now... *wishes they had time to work on spreadsheets*

Well, according to the infodump, 4 full actual real medics and 3 people with some medical skill.
YEET

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #4251 on: September 19, 2015, 04:55:15 PM »
Welcome! :D And gosh, your coloring is beautiful :')

: D Thank you! (I completely killed my pencils on this, fffffff)

Yay! More medics!

Considering the bunch of weirdos on this expedition, I would say it's still a valid concern. ;p As Curry says, it looks like 7 with it as "official" occupation (with varying degrees of experience). (Eight, if Von is included as well, for her secondary skill, yes?). I... might be taking notes on how many/who Because of Reasons....

"No. Nothing here..."
You're good at drawing ! :D I like how you did the light on the scene.
Laufeytroll is everywhere...

Thank you! The lighting gave me so much trouble x.x Always plan your light sources out first, folks!
Lauftroll is everywhere. Only explanation. And she's constantly waiting... creeping... Oh nooo ◉﹏◉
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #4252 on: September 19, 2015, 05:10:43 PM »
(Eight, if Von is included as well, for her secondary skill, yes?)
Yes. But it won't be exactly the same medicine. I mean, she can do something and help, but it won't be the most modern medicine.

Lauftroll is everywhere. Only explanation. And she's constantly waiting... creeping... Oh nooo ◉﹏◉
I'm truly wondering if I could use it for what I could write... maybe soon... mmmh...
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #4253 on: September 19, 2015, 05:14:10 PM »
I'm truly wondering if I could use it for what I could write... maybe soon... mmmh...

This idea is fine by me and I'm also super flattered! I'm giving you free hands with the troll, my only condition is that I don't want it to die (because I've grown really fond of my troll). :D
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Solokov

• Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #4254 on: September 19, 2015, 09:06:19 PM »
The last 10 pages (I think it was 10) have been like AMPM... too much good stuff. ....now that's a blast from the past.

Anyway.. hilights that I picked up on. Shovel bit reminds me of the urban legend where Mr. Rodgers of Mr. rodger's neighborhood was allegedly a vietnam sniper with at least 3 confirmed kills involving an entrenching tool (shovel), unfortunately it's just an urban legend.

Anyway amazing stuff, welcome new person whose username is more complicated than I am caffeinated for right now, and now I post proof I am still working on the dossiers.

Still need to work on the mouth some, the lines didn't pick up well when I scanned it, and so I'm having to redo it in fireworks.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

amaranthineamusement

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • call me Am
  • Preferred pronouns: she/hers
« Reply #4255 on: September 20, 2015, 03:00:43 AM »
welcome new person whose username is more complicated than I am caffeinated for right now

sorry dude. My nickname is Am if that would make your life any easier : P
Geologist | Writer | Artist

“What’s the good of having mastery over cosmic balance and knowing the secrets of fate if you can’t blow something up?’”

- Terry Pratchett - Reaper Man

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #4256 on: September 20, 2015, 04:20:46 AM »
Well, according to the infodump, 4 full actual real medics and 3 people with some medical skill.

My memory is a little shaky, but I think we used to have only one single medic some two months ago so there's apparently been a considerable improvement.

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #4257 on: September 20, 2015, 08:43:42 AM »
My memory is a little shaky, but I think we used to have only one single medic some two months ago so there's apparently been a considerable improvement.

Pretty sure we didn't have VEHICLES two months ago. Our survival rate has skyrocketed several thousand percent.
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #4258 on: September 20, 2015, 08:59:55 AM »
Pretty sure we didn't have VEHICLES two months ago. Our survival rate has skyrocketed several thousand percent.
several thousand percent? are you smacktalking the abilities of the veterans
you'll know where to find me.

eyjafjallajoke

« Reply #4259 on: September 20, 2015, 09:13:01 AM »
several thousand percent? are you smacktalking the abilities of the veterans

/quiet 'ooooo' in the background

Well, hopefully most of you everyone will make it through without dying.