Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 842948 times)

Noodles

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #4110 on: September 03, 2015, 02:08:57 PM »
I'm really enjoying all of the fancyclothes! (even if my ability to get off my butt and make my own is doubtful :P )
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #4111 on: September 03, 2015, 04:32:53 PM »
HULLO HULLO I HAVE TO GET HOMEWORK DONE BUT I PUT OFF STUFF AND FINISHED (sort of) THIS FOR THE FORUM BIRTHDAY A DAY LATE:

shoddy anatomy is courtesy of misea's lack of patience

maybe I'll clean it up a little more later...
So pretty! I love her fancy outfit! :D

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #4112 on: September 03, 2015, 05:12:40 PM »
I had some time to myself today, and got to use the new nibs Curry convinced me to buy.  Have some ssssonas (They are very convenient victims, and I want to practice faces, poses and hands more).
It's Rune, Von, Karoliina and Mith:

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #4113 on: September 03, 2015, 05:16:34 PM »
I had some time to myself today, and got to use the new nibs Curry convinced me to buy.  Have some ssssonas (They are very convenient victims, and I want to practice faces, poses and hands more).
[sneep snop!!]

Oh wow, these are so beautiful! I especially love Rune's face and the line quality :) A lot cleaner and softer than anything I've seen before - are you still using photoshop?
YEET

m-ew

• Super-Newbie
  • im rae!! talk to me about my ssssona :3c
« Reply #4114 on: September 03, 2015, 05:22:29 PM »

OKAY I KNOW IM LITERALLY NEVER ON THE FORUM BUT

rune looks so good!!!! oh my goodness thank you for drawing them!! i always have curry let me know when they're being included in something and it just makes me so happy omg. thanks so much again!! i love your style so much they look adorable. :3
my tumblr
:usa:
:spain: (learning)

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #4115 on: September 03, 2015, 05:30:27 PM »
Oh wow, these are so beautiful! I especially love Rune's face and the line quality :) A lot cleaner and softer than anything I've seen before - are you still using photoshop?
Thank youu!!!! Yes, I still use photoshop, but I guess I'm getting more confident and used to not looking at what my hand is doing all the time? Pineys oh my various deitys how fast are you really making those lines is at the back of my head when I'm doing some of the lines, too. (Also, I'm really converted by those felt nibs. The FEELS!)

OKAY I KNOW IM LITERALLY NEVER ON THE FORUM BUT

rune looks so good!!!! oh my goodness thank you for drawing them!! i always have curry let me know when they're being included in something and it just makes me so happy omg. thanks so much again!! i love your style so much they look adorable. :3

Thank you!! My pleasure, and I'm really glad you liked it ;D

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #4116 on: September 03, 2015, 05:44:09 PM »
Thank youu!!!! Yes, I still use photoshop, but I guess I'm getting more confident and used to not looking at what my hand is doing all the time? Pineys oh my various deitys how fast are you really making those lines is at the back of my head when I'm doing some of the lines, too. (Also, I'm really converted by those felt nibs. The FEELS!)

(I'M SO GLAD AND AREN'T THEY WONDERFUL!!! So traditional-feeling and soft! It makes the whole experience so much lovelier :D ) Eeeeee it's great that you're getting used to it!! It really shows :D I'm repeating myself but I love these SO MUCH and the line quality is really lovely to look at. I also love the hands so much :D
YEET

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #4117 on: September 03, 2015, 06:06:30 PM »
Wait, you mean... ?

Did I said before it's always a little moment of happiness to see my character ? :D

It had been said that persons who draw here were becoming better and better, we have a proof again with your drawings, Unlos :) Look at Karoliina running or Mith so concentrated !
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

misea

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • perpetually sleepy night owl
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/their
« Reply #4118 on: September 03, 2015, 07:05:39 PM »

*SCREECHES*
*SQUAWKS*
*SCREECHES SOME MORE*
*FLAILS ARMS WILDLY*

THIS IS SUCH THE COOLEST 啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊!!!!!!
native :usa: | decent :france: | speak :china: | learning :spain: :italy: :sweden: :norway: :ireland: | wishlist: :finland: all

:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :betterhat: :chap9:

courtesy of wolfie's magical intrnt skillz

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #4119 on: September 04, 2015, 01:25:01 PM »

Hey it's me!

Love the poses and expressions on all of them. Your practices are very successful. :)

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #4120 on: September 04, 2015, 02:26:53 PM »
(I'M SO GLAD AND AREN'T THEY WONDERFUL!!! So traditional-feeling and soft! It makes the whole experience so much lovelier :D ) Eeeeee it's great that you're getting used to it!! It really shows :D I'm repeating myself but I love these SO MUCH and the line quality is really lovely to look at. I also love the hands so much :D
Thank you! (YES THEY ARE, I'm so glad I bought them!!)

Wait, you mean... ?
Did I said before it's always a little moment of happiness to see my character ? :D

It had been said that persons who draw here were becoming better and better, we have a proof again with your drawings, Unlos :) Look at Karoliina running or Mith so concentrated !

*SCREECHES*
*SQUAWKS*
*SCREECHES SOME MORE*
*FLAILS ARMS WILDLY*

THIS IS SUCH THE COOLEST 啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊!!!!!!

Hey it's me!

Love the poses and expressions on all of them. Your practices are very successful. :)

Thank you! It makes me really happy that my drawings can make someone else happy, too :)

Lenny is hiding her face pretty effectively..

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #4121 on: September 04, 2015, 04:26:51 PM »
Double posting beacuse I finished Kahli today. It says on the infodump her ssssona can do archery but is bad at it. Drawing an archer was too tempting though.

KauniitaUnia

• Scout
  • boldly going nowhere
« Reply #4122 on: September 04, 2015, 05:05:20 PM »

These are both amazing! I love how varied you can make the positions of the characters, and how loose and fluid your art style is and also how do you draw hands so well HOW

DarkRawen: If you were wondering - don't worry, I haven't forgotten about our art trade, and I'm sorry it's been so long ;A; I'm hoping to have it done by Sunday!
Here are the obligatory 2 min sketches of your character so get a hang of the facial features; if you see anything wrong, just say (and I know there are some massive issues with the uniform, but I was just concentrating on the face for these :P)

Fluent - :uk:
Learning - :sweden: :france:
Would love to learn - :finland:
Survived - :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :chap9::chap10:

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #4123 on: September 04, 2015, 06:47:54 PM »
a boring but honest blanket *___*  to everyone!! especially that archery pic. dang.

YOU'LL NEVER GUESS but i finally have an art trade to show!
heyo, AquaAurion! sorry for the long wait!
you'll know where to find me.

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #4124 on: September 04, 2015, 08:42:37 PM »
Gwenno, that forest is so lovely, it's a very very beautiful composition. My favourite things: The folds on her pants, the earth/dry leaves beside the stram, and the moss-grown root of that fallen tree. Good look with exciting and interesting times!
Thank you very much, the mossy tree roots are my favourite as well ^_^
Are you re-starting the "Maybe I should draw everyone, how hard can it be" thing again? I think these new pictures are pretty great, they're different from the other ones, but you get to appreciate the lineart more here, and you get to see that the anatomy in more detail (hands, for one, they're such tricky things!)

This is beautiful! The colours and detail are amazing
Thanks, I'm actually much happier with the colours on my phone camera, they actually look pretty much exactly the same as they do in real life  ;D

Impressive work on the forest, the stroke style is very watercolour-y.
A watercolour-y stroke style, how strange :P Now how on earth did that happen........ (thank you)

GWENNO THAT LOOKS FABULOUS
Aaaaaw, thank you ^_^
Your party picture is looking pretty awesome too, and as for"shoddy" anatomy you've definitely got a way better grasp on it than I have even drawing quick pictures, and it's looking lovely  :)

YOU'LL NEVER GUESS but i finally have an art trade to show!
heyo, AquaAurion! sorry for the long wait!

What is this madness? An art trade you say, and a Haiz one at that? Why I haven't seen one of those since the first year of the forum's life  :o ah, twas a good time, those golden days of yore....
*ahem*, anyway I love how the hair and the scrolls are all getting mixed up together in the mess, and her happy mildly surprised expression :3

Well it's a bit late, but I decided to join the party. This is supposed to be a bunad in forum colours, but apologies to actual Norwegians if there's something major wrong :P
So, uh, party.....?

I actually didn't mess up the anatomy of the legs, they were supposed to be crossed, but I forgot that when colouring in the skirt and now it looks staaaaaange >"<
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc