Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 843207 times)

ParanormalAndroid

Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #3990 on: August 27, 2015, 10:11:02 AM »

(Left to right: KMK, Luth Nightbreeze, M-ew, Martti (x2), Mélusine, Misea, North, ParanormalAndroid)
Oh, woah, how did I miss this the first time around?
These are all brilliant, and while I never expected to be jealous of a fictional version of myself's hair, I now am. ;-;

(hi i love your face) m-ew, misea, onemagnificentgoalie (cute!)
ParanormalAndroid, jjkdj what a cute design, Petronella, Ragnarok
Rollo, videovance, Sectoboss, Trinka, Viisikielinenkantele (ooo I like your face)
Guys, please keep being so great at drawing 'sonas (especially mine as I have no art skills and any drawings of mine make me so freaking happy).
In the meantime, I'm just going to lurk and wait for more good art.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 10:16:26 AM by ParanormalAndroid »

DarkRawen

• Rawen can do it!
« Reply #3991 on: August 27, 2015, 10:39:44 AM »
HI I DID THE THING. DREW THE SONAS. ALL THE ONES WITH AT MINIMUM, DESCRIPTIONS OF THEIR APPEARANCES. NICE :0

This was a really fun batch!! You recent people sure have some fun designs :D

Alethryia, Ana Nymus, Antillanka
BreezeLouise (<-love your face), ClairityKoi (<-love your face), Cliodna
daiseerose, DarkRawen, Eich

If only I had a facial structure like that :P Looks good, though, the hair is perfect :3

John Candlebury

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • DeviantArt
  • No John, you are the demons
« Reply #3992 on: August 27, 2015, 10:52:59 AM »
HI I DID THE THING. DREW THE SONAS. ALL THE ONES WITH AT MINIMUM, DESCRIPTIONS OF THEIR APPEARANCES. NICE :0

Wow this is simply fantastic! Thanks!

(and I am fun to draw!. YAY!!)

Thank you! ;D

I come bearing the rest of the 'sonas: (Including some people I've art-traded with or will art trade with but whose headshots I haven't drawn)

(Left to right: Emil, Fauna, Viola, Viola's sister, Helia, Jesty, John Candlebury, Keeper, Kizzy)

This is also great. Mathias expression in there looks 100% appropriate! Thanks!!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 10:54:48 AM by John Candlebury »

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #3993 on: August 27, 2015, 11:24:47 AM »
This looks so good aaaAAHHH I can't believe it's traditionally drawn, it's so neat + perfect!! :D
LOOK MUM THEY PUT ME IN A BESTIARY

Ahhahahaha this is a perfect crossover! ;D Lauftroll: almost like a dragon, if dragons were trolls.
ok this is actually a rly cool and creative lauftroll!! loving the httyd concept art themed stuff from you :3c

I'm glad you all like it. I really really really want to open requests because it's a lot of fun to do, and I've found some neat ways to use mixed media, but I am going to have a really crazy life for like the next 2-3 weeks and I have no idea when I'll be able to properly art next. It could be next week. It could be in a month from now. So once I get back to a regular schedule I will open up requests for drawing more.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Korppi

« Reply #3994 on: August 27, 2015, 12:06:40 PM »
This isn't actually for SSSS, but rather for a personal SciFi thing of mine based on Finnish mythology. (Don't worry, I keep it to myself, I am too bad of a drawer to show these to anyone else. I made an exception for this one because it was kinda close enough to be relevant to the topic.)

Native: :finland:
Fluent: :uk:
Terrible At: :sweden:
Trying to Learn: :germany: :russia:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #3995 on: August 27, 2015, 12:13:05 PM »
This isn't actually for SSSS, but rather for a personal SciFi thing of mine based on Finnish mythology. (Don't worry, I keep it to myself, I am too bad of a drawer to show these to anyone else. I made an exception for this one because it was kinda close enough to be relevant to the topic.)

It looks great, but we have a whole separate thread for Original Characters:  https://ssssforum.com/index.php?topic=536.msg49406#msg49406

Maybe you could move the drawing and further background info to a new post over there and just leave this post with a link to it. 
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Korppi

« Reply #3996 on: August 27, 2015, 12:23:06 PM »
It looks great, but we have a whole separate thread for Original Characters:  https://ssssforum.com/index.php?topic=536.msg49406#msg49406

Maybe you could move the drawing and further background info to a new post over there and just leave this post with a link to it.
Oh, okay. Sorry about that. I'll see about writing the background later if that is okay.
Native: :finland:
Fluent: :uk:
Terrible At: :sweden:
Trying to Learn: :germany: :russia:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3997 on: August 27, 2015, 12:46:14 PM »
this is so pretty too thank you so much!? i want to draw people too but i'm. Not an artist. at all

You're welcome!! ^-^

Oh, woah, how did I miss this the first time around?
These are all brilliant, and while I never expected to be jealous of a fictional version of myself's hair, I now am. ;-;

Hehe, I was thinking about how nice I made your hair when I last saw the drawing :D Thank you!

This is also great. Mathias expression in there looks 100% appropriate! Thanks!!

Ahh thank you! And you're welcome; yay for appropriate expressions!

(also thank you to others who commented!)

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Hrollo

• Ranger
« Reply #3998 on: August 27, 2015, 01:12:22 PM »
Thank you Piney and Curry for drawing my sona! I thought everyone had already forgotten about him :o
Fluent: :fr: :gb:
Some knowledge: :it:
Attempting to learn again: :de:
Passive familiarity: :es: :br: :ad: :ro:

Petronella

« Reply #3999 on: August 27, 2015, 01:19:13 PM »
After checking the Pinterest board I noticed that Unlos had made a super gorgeous picture of Iina (but I'm on my iPad and I have no idea how to work with computery stuff and link it from her imgur gallery? ) I felt like I had to give it a shot, so I drew her 'sona, along with Curry's and Piney's.

They don't look very similar to how they're supposed to look, but I guess I didn't mess it up as much as I thought I would?  dont judge me I'm not an artist

Spoiler: show
Native language: :sweden:
Fluent(p. much at least): :uk:
Learning: :finland: :spain:

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #4000 on: August 27, 2015, 01:24:22 PM »

Eee, thank you! I really like it, it's so cute!

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Krisse Kovacs

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #4001 on: August 27, 2015, 02:34:44 PM »

Emil, Fauna (<-SO COOL), Helia
(bro you're fun to draw->) John Candlebury, Kizzy, KMK
Luth Nightbreeze, M    a    r   t t   i

*making inhuman noises again*
can speak :hungary::uk: used to learn :germany: is learning :sweden::finland: can read a bit :norway::denmark: want to learn :iceland:
survived :chap8: - :chap9: - :chap10: - :chap11: - :chap12: - :chap13: - :chap14: - :chap15: - :chap16: - :chap17: - :chap18: - :chap19: - :chap20:

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #4002 on: August 27, 2015, 03:16:14 PM »

Rollo, videovance, Sectoboss, Trinka, Viisikielinenkantele (ooo I like your face)

Yay arts!
the eye is scary and the scars are on the wrong side but still so much awesome

Let me repeat: ARTS!!
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

KauniitaUnia

• Scout
  • boldly going nowhere
« Reply #4003 on: August 27, 2015, 03:44:15 PM »

Alethryia, Ana Nymus, Antillanka
BreezeLouise (<-love your face), ClairityKoi (<-love your face), Cliodna
daiseerose, DarkRawen, Eich

Emil, Fauna (<-SO COOL), Helia
(bro you're fun to draw->) John Candlebury, Kizzy, KMK
Luth Nightbreeze, M    a    r   t t   i

Some very belated praise for this; MOST BESTEST ART! I will always be envious of people who undertake the huge task of drawing everyone here - every time somebody does it I promise myself that I will try too, but I never get round to it. Maybe somedayyyy
also the wording of "a really fun batch" just made me think of Karri taking their freshly baked portraits out of the oven. they are perfectly cooked and delicious. what is wrong with me.

How to Train Your... Lauftroll?

Wow, this is super creative and looks amazing! What materials did you use? They're really effective ;)
Fluent - :uk:
Learning - :sweden: :france:
Would love to learn - :finland:
Survived - :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :chap9::chap10:

Unlos

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
« Reply #4004 on: August 27, 2015, 03:50:48 PM »
After checking the Pinterest board I noticed that Unlos had made a super gorgeous picture of Iina (but I'm on my iPad and I have no idea how to work with computery stuff and link it from her imgur gallery? ) I felt like I had to give it a shot, so I drew her 'sona, along with Curry's and Piney's.

They don't look very similar to how they're supposed to look, but I guess I didn't mess it up as much as I thought I would?  dont judge me I'm not an artist

Thank you, I'm glad you liked it!! I had a little bit of a crazy draw-everyone-thing going on, but each new drawing kind of took a little bit more time than the last (because they were so much fun to do!) that when work started up again the project was put on hold. And EEEEE, thank you for the drawing, I love it! Surprise drawings are a great treat:-)