Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 841878 times)

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #3390 on: July 26, 2015, 02:01:11 AM »
Aaaand I've done it, made it through all the pages in this thread (but no others) that I've missed.  Along the way, I told my 13yo daughter what I was up to and what was the deal with the picture I drew (and a look through the infodump), and hearing that KicknRun's character Alexis was also 13, she went off to start drawing a ssssona of her own.  She'd got an outline of the figure and an incredibly cute cat, and was working on a pattern for the tunic, last I saw.  She's also nutting out a backstory/bio, a Swedish cleanser I believe.  Unfortunately, her mother is really mean and makes her do homework and chores most of the time, so we'll see when she gets it finished.  I haven't guided her yet through the process of creating a profile to unlurk, or an account to store the images for linking.  At the rate this thread expands, we'll be on page 300 by then?
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #3391 on: July 26, 2015, 03:33:21 AM »
Finished the final half of the art trade with Haiz! Since I drew them in the fashion thing, I did a simpler draw for the second part. Sorry, I just wasn't really feeling the whole art thing today ;w; They're drawing in their chill-out outfit with leprechaun hair, because I wanted to do something other than magic for this :0

Spoiler: show

yes that karri there

is a meme

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
I love it actually?? don't worry about effort i mean it's not like we don't draw eachother all the time anywayy.... but i lovelove the way u draw hair (*FIERCELY MISSES HAVING GREEN HAIR IRL*) and YES I AM DRAWING KARRI AS A MEME OF COURSE I AM. with my... left hand?
either way eeeee thank u so much friend, u is best <3

Ana Nymus: I'll add ya to my art trade list if you want? I have just accepted that it's an eternally ongoing list at this point but I would draw you eventuallyyyy
you'll know where to find me.

Almond-Goddess

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #3392 on: July 26, 2015, 04:21:33 AM »
*pokes head in again*

*drops off a doodle*

*slips back into the shadows*
Tiffany Hayashi | dA | Tumblr

KauniitaUnia

• Scout
  • boldly going nowhere
« Reply #3393 on: July 26, 2015, 06:13:02 AM »
Ahh!!!! It looks so pretty so far! Your lines are so clean wow :0 I can't wait to see the finished product!
Also, Curry is a v good friend of mine, and they are not a female! So please remember to use they/them pronouns next time uwu
Thanks!!
And good luck with the rest of your draw!!

Oh no, I'm so sorry! I actually know what pronouns they use, so I shouldn't have messed up there. The only thing I can say is that it was very late and I was very tired when that was posted, but really it's no excuse :/ It was definitely not intentional!
I also view Curry as a friend, although I might not have known her as long has you have, so I'm sad that I managed to mess up something that important

But thank you for the compliments c:
Fluent - :uk:
Learning - :sweden: :france:
Would love to learn - :finland:
Survived - :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :chap9::chap10:

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #3394 on: July 26, 2015, 06:41:10 AM »

*waves arms in the air* ooohhhh! ohhhh! meeeee! Pick meeee!!!
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Unlos

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3395 on: July 26, 2015, 08:46:02 AM »
Ana Nymus, if you haven't got too much on your plate already, I'd like to do an art trade with you!

Curry, that is a beautiful and very peaceful rendering of Haiz!
Almond-godess: Hu, Ari hasn't used gloves or shoulder-pads in a while, I see. Or are they old scars?

And I'll have two lovely weeks of not-going-to-work, still babysitting my 1-year-old so not completely free to draw all day but more than good enough soo I'd love to do more art trades! Anyone wants to?

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3396 on: July 26, 2015, 11:29:50 AM »
Haiz YES
Feartheviolas YES
Unlos YES

...But that's probably about all I can handle at one time. I was not expecting so many of you to respond, but it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside  ;D Eeee! I've got so many ideas! *runs off to find pencils and paper*
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Noodles

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #3397 on: July 26, 2015, 01:35:31 PM »
Haiz YES
Feartheviolas YES
Unlos YES

...But that's probably about all I can handle at one time. I was not expecting so many of you to respond, but it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside  ;D Eeee! I've got so many ideas! *runs off to find pencils and paper*
DANGIT
5 MINUTES too late. :P
When your schedule opens up again...
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Trinka

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • ☆Da Meme Queen☆
« Reply #3398 on: July 26, 2015, 03:21:33 PM »
*pokes head in again*

*drops off a doodle*

All I can think of is that one scene from Dirty Dancing with the chair

So dramatic, lolz. I love the way you draw, it looks so loose and pretty! And your Birb is adorable as always  :)
:hat:  :artd:  :book1+:  :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8:  :chap9:  :chap10:  :betterhat:

Silent Fox

• Scout
  • Speaks little, writes a lot
« Reply #3399 on: July 26, 2015, 05:32:08 PM »
*pokes head in again*

*drops off a doodle*

Oooh, lovely focus with the light circle. And the bird is brilliantly derpy, as always. :D
Native: :germany:
Getting fluent after 10 years: :usa:

:chap7: :chap8:

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #3400 on: July 26, 2015, 05:49:44 PM »
isn't it funny how I keep adding to my art-trade list and then draw my own 'sona a lot? anyway yeah I find drawing hir very comforting and a nice way to experiment with different methods

tracing Alfons Mucha's art

Spoiler: original poster • show

(I bought this as a humongous poster at the mucha museum and I'm excited to find out if I have space for it anywhere at home)

yes that is indeed dreamworld haiz. wonder why the dreamworld doesn't provide proper archery armguards and stuff... anyway if it wasn't too late I would've tried to draw my own background (and turn the dragon into a unicorn), but it is very late and i have work tomorrow and i don't want to go to work but I should sleep.

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #3401 on: July 26, 2015, 05:54:04 PM »
isn't it funny how I keep adding to my art-trade list and then draw my own 'sona a lot? anyway yeah I find drawing hir very comforting and a nice way to experiment with different methods

tracing Alfons Mucha's art

WOW I love this!!!! The style is amazing! I really really really like your green tunic cape thing too. Mig langar :D
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #3402 on: July 26, 2015, 06:31:10 PM »
WOW I love this!!!! The style is amazing! I really really really like your green tunic cape thing too. Mig langar :D
I LOVE MUCHA'S STYLE SO MUCH YOU HAVE NO IDEA
also thank you!!!
if you manage to steal the green tunic cape thingie in the dreamworld I'll honestly just be very impressed

*pokes head in again*

*drops off a doodle*

your doodles and your self insert are so great i love your self insert doodles

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #3403 on: July 26, 2015, 06:40:14 PM »
Aaaand I've done it, made it through all the pages in this thread (but no others) that I've missed.  Along the way, I told my 13yo daughter what I was up to and what was the deal with the picture I drew (and a look through the infodump), and hearing that KicknRun's character Alexis was also 13, she went off to start drawing a ssssona of her own.  She'd got an outline of the figure and an incredibly cute cat, and was working on a pattern for the tunic, last I saw.  She's also nutting out a backstory/bio, a Swedish cleanser I believe.  Unfortunately, her mother is really mean and makes her do homework and chores most of the time, so we'll see when she gets it finished.  I haven't guided her yet through the process of creating a profile to unlurk, or an account to store the images for linking.  At the rate this thread expands, we'll be on page 300 by then?

*screeches softly*
they can have so many shenanigans this will be great

i mean the thing i'm writing will probably have her sona be VERY untrustful of mine, but still

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #3404 on: July 26, 2015, 06:43:47 PM »
I LOVE MUCHA'S STYLE SO MUCH YOU HAVE NO IDEA
also thank you!!!
if you manage to steal the green tunic cape thingie in the dreamworld I'll honestly just be very impressed

*looks down at toes* Do you think possibly maybe at some point if you have time you could make me one? I like purple. Then I wouldn't have to steal your green tunic cape thingie.