Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 842211 times)

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #3300 on: July 20, 2015, 02:24:34 PM »
Realredcloud: I noticed the new style first thing! It's very nice, and more realistic than the previous (very cute) more chibi-like drawings you've done until now.

I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #3301 on: July 20, 2015, 04:10:08 PM »
Lolz, love these little goofy comic-thingies you and others keep doing, really helps the whole SSSS sona verse feel more developed and we'll rounded. I feel like I want to get in on this action more, but  I'm worried about getting people out of character, and I always turn every drawing  I work on into some crazy time consuming ordeal O_o
just do it! and if you (and everyone else who wants to do collaborations with/involve others) are worried about characterization, there's no shame in PMing people about whether or not their character would do a thing.

I've taken quite a few chances with my silly doodles, and most of the time I only doodl characters I know pretty well - or at least think I do, anyway... but then again I've been around in this thread for a while, too. But the characters are such vivid personalities and I love them

anyway here's another, because Viola keeps hinting about stealing borrowing my clothes...

(Haiz is very protective of hir stuff. ze has emotional bonds with all of hir belongings, including clothes. especially the cloak.)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 05:25:59 PM by Haiz »
you'll know where to find me.

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #3302 on: July 20, 2015, 04:28:05 PM »
anyway here's another, because Viola keeps hinting about stealing borrowing my clothes...

(Haiz is very protective of her stuff. ze has emotional bonds with all of their belongings, including clothes. especially the cloak.)
;D
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #3303 on: July 20, 2015, 04:32:32 PM »

(Haiz is very protective of her stuff. ze has emotional bonds with all of their belongings, including clothes. especially the cloak.)

I am totally innocent what are you talking about. Dat cloak dough... mig langar
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3304 on: July 20, 2015, 06:11:14 PM »
I am totally innocent what are you talking about. Dat cloak dough... mig langar

That would not end well for you, Vi.
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #3305 on: July 20, 2015, 06:17:53 PM »
I've taken quite a few chances with my silly doodles, and most of the time I only doodl characters I know pretty well - or at least think I do, anyway... but then again I've been around in this thread for a while, too. But the characters are such vivid personalities and I love them

(Haiz is very protective of hir stuff. ze has emotional bonds with all of hir belongings, including clothes. especially the cloak.)
Hee, hee!

This reminds me of Randy in "A Christmas Story."  I'm so sorry. 
no I'm not
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #3306 on: July 20, 2015, 06:22:39 PM »
just do it! and if you (and everyone else who wants to do collaborations with/involve others) are worried about characterization, there's no shame in PMing people about whether or not their character would do a thing.

At some point you will have to sleep. Presumably you didn't glue your hat/socks to your body.

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #3307 on: July 20, 2015, 06:29:47 PM »

Oh man. I just had to explain to my friend who is sitting next to me why I all of a sudden started making strange incoherent noises at the computer. In Icelandic. (the explaining was in Icelandic not the incoherent noises)

At some point you will have to sleep. Presumably you didn't glue your hat/socks to your body.

*strokes imaginary goatee and grins*
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #3308 on: July 20, 2015, 06:35:32 PM »
*strokes imaginary goatee and grins*

If they asks about their socks tell them the Sokkesnok did it.

Solokov

• Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #3309 on: July 20, 2015, 07:11:52 PM »
I am back... I've made no progress on anything artwise since my last post, but I am back anyway.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Sunflower

• Saraswati
« Reply #3310 on: July 20, 2015, 07:16:47 PM »
I am back... I've made no progress on anything artwise since my last post, but I am back anyway.
Welcome back!  Have you weaponized any other vehicles, or said anything further in those strange unknown languages you sometimes use?

Or any adventures IRL?  I saw on Disqus that you mentioned your ambush on a dark desert highway by the pack of toy-breed dogs in the context of mean little miniature Dog-Beasts. 
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Solokov

« Reply #3311 on: July 20, 2015, 09:16:27 PM »
No to all....

Well I have added a spray tank to the back of my work rig that I could use as a flamethrower in a pinch, though the plastic bits would disintegrate from the fuel flowing through and the cotton hose would probably ignite too after it wicked through and started vaporing off...Soo.. probably not the safest thing in the world.

Though I do love the foam gun that I've got attached to it.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.

Sunflower

• Saraswati
« Reply #3312 on: July 20, 2015, 09:18:43 PM »
No to all....

Well I have added a spray tank to the back of my work rig that I could use as a flamethrower in a pinch, though the plastic bits would disintegrate from the fuel flowing through and the cotton hose would probably ignite too after it wicked through and started vaporing off...Soo.. probably not the safest thing in the world.

Though I do love the foam gun that I've got attached to it.

This, I want to see.   8)

Solokov

I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
« Reply #3314 on: July 21, 2015, 04:07:00 AM »

Oh my God you two. XD
I want to steal Haiz's clothes too. Ze has the same style(?) like me //shrugs
I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_