Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 841684 times)

misea

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • perpetually sleepy night owl
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/their
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #3210 on: July 16, 2015, 04:52:55 PM »
This thread keeps growing like five pages before I can say anything, sooo blanket statement: ALL OF THIS ART IS AMAZING. ALLLLL. C:

I remember someone asking me if I'm open for art trades somewhere on this board. I can open two spots (have cubital tunnel syndrome, oh the joy), if anyone wants to. Can't do backgrounds at the moment, so the final pieces will probably be a variation of lineart + color depending on how my hands and elbows and forearms feel + time constraints.
native :usa: | decent :france: | speak :china: | learning :spain: :italy: :sweden: :norway: :ireland: | wishlist: :finland: all

:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :betterhat: :chap9:

courtesy of wolfie's magical intrnt skillz

Daéa Reina

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #3211 on: July 16, 2015, 04:55:10 PM »
This thread keeps growing like five pages before I can say anything, sooo blanket statement: ALL OF THIS ART IS AMAZING. ALLLLL. C:

I remember someone asking me if I'm open for art trades somewhere on this board. I can open two spots (have cubital tunnel syndrome, oh the joy), if anyone wants to. Can't do backgrounds at the moment, so the final pieces will probably be a variation of lineart + color depending on how my hands and elbows and forearms feel + time constraints.

It was me who asked you. :)
Do you want me to send a PM?
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #3212 on: July 16, 2015, 05:05:17 PM »
I'm sure we can come to some agreement, Mel~
Like writing something new ? Because I'm still searching for inspiration instead of small visions of what-it-could-be *Would love to be the kind of person with 1000 ideas in mind so easily* but I definitively want to write more. Or maybe you'll have something else in mind...

Here is another example of my non-existing drawing skills, this time with non-exisiting colouring skills too  ;D
You're doing that better than me ;)

Okay, so I had an idea (which I'd act on myself, but oops, lack of talent):
Group 3's calm, kinda reserved skalds meeting the freaking terrifying very enthusiastic cleansers in Group 2, because just imagine the personality clashes.
Add my quiet character in Group 3 to look at the Group 2, searching for an appropriate reaction. (Why was I wondering where she would go after, she wasn't sent alone...)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #3213 on: July 16, 2015, 05:18:59 PM »

Amazing talent! That expression is golden, somehow the first thing that came to mind was 'Movie Villain'.

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3214 on: July 16, 2015, 05:26:08 PM »
Group 3's calm, kinda reserved skalds meeting the freaking terrifying very enthusiastic cleansers in Group 2, because just imagine the personality clashes.

Haha, and then there's Clara the cleanser, who'd be like, "Finally some reasonable people!!"

(edit: changed 'sane' to 'reasonable')
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 09:40:54 PM by Piney »

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3215 on: July 16, 2015, 05:26:56 PM »
OH AND
ART TRADES HAPPENED
aaand Gwenno! I've already drawn a little Gwenno here and there, always grinning... so I drew her a little more serious for a change:

Oh gosh, oh my gosh this is so much wow and I don't know what I'm trying to say but haaaaaaah, I like this so much!!!!!
So many of the trades I've had have been crazy grinning and bashing, and I love that, but this is such a part of what I imagined as well and I'm so glad to get this picture >"< Thank you so much for this, and it looks so so cool, epic blowing wind and billowy hair, and the deeper serious colours, it's just all so *gyargh*, I don't even know what I'm saying but thank yoooooou (I just feel so happy now  ;D ). I've grown kinda attached to my gorse flowers profile pic, but with your permission can I use this one for a little while? (that is until I miss my gorse so much it has to go back :P )

.......... *stares down comment*........*comment wins* ......maybe expect to see this in the near future

Actually, I enjoyed the last comic so much that I was actually considering maybe doing a few more (I produce pictures so quickly when not doing full colour and background :P ). If anyone has any ideas let me know, or if you'd like to do some collaboration writing/drawing things that also :)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 06:24:55 PM by Gwenno »
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

Alethryia

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #3216 on: July 16, 2015, 05:37:05 PM »
Quote from: ParanormalAndroid on Today at 04:45:17 PM

Haha, and then there's Clara the cleanser, who'd be like, "Finally some sane people!!"

Ahahaha, YES!!! Anna will join Clara in wistfully observing sane people!  ;)
Born into :canada:
Raised with :usa:
Struggled and lost with :spain:

I survived! :chap8:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #3217 on: July 16, 2015, 05:39:00 PM »
previously on "when team a 3 representative meets a team 2 representative":
Spoiler: show

I'm not letting anyone live this down not even myself

(it has to be said that, in all honesty, Haiz is neither a skald nor reserved, though...)

Oh gosh, oh my gosh this is so much wow and I don't know what I'm trying to say but haaaaaaah, I like this so much!!!!!
So many of the trades I've had have been crazy grinning and bashing, and I love that, but this is such a part of what I imagined as well and I'm so glad to get this picture >"< Thank you so much for this, and it looks so so cool, epic blowing wind and billowy hair, and the deeper serious colours, it's just all so *gyargh*, I don't even know what I'm saying but thank yoooooou (I just feel so happy now  ;D ). I've grown kinda attached to my gorse flowers profile pic, but with your permission can I use this one for a little while? (that is until I miss my gorse so much it has to go back :P )
EEEEEEEE I'M SO GLAD YOU LIKE IT!!! and of course you can use it as a profile pic if you want O:

if you did another music montage that would be awesome, I'm sad to say I don't have a single semblance of an idea to help you out with.

Like writing something new ? Because I'm still searching for inspiration instead of small visions of what-it-could-be *Would love to be the kind of person with 1000 ideas in mind so easily* but I definitively want to write more. Or maybe you'll have something else in mind...
I have absolutely nothing in my mind right now, but you have already written a thing with Haiz in it so it's only fair that I draw you at some point, honestly

you'll know where to find me.

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #3218 on: July 16, 2015, 05:41:41 PM »
Ahahaha, YES!!! Anna will join Clara in wistfully observing sane people!  ;)
*Can see Von thinking "At least these two seems more... quiet ?"*
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
« Reply #3219 on: July 16, 2015, 06:16:08 PM »
Eeee! A lot of new members are here now! Welcome y'all! And plus, such awesome drawings of the 'sonas! <3
Maybe when I can draw again (probably in the plane tomorrow or something) I'll update Galatea's bio. I'm going to do a few changes to xem ·w·
I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

Keeper

• Ranger
  • Child of the Sun
« Reply #3220 on: July 16, 2015, 07:03:38 PM »
I can imagine that Group 2 is the reason my sona is in Group 3. She sees how Group 2 conducts things and thinks she's safer playing the skald role than the fighter role. (She hasn't been fighting trolls every day, but 2 years in the Silent World means you have to defend yourself.) Group 3 has sane...er people in it, at least.
"Well, you know, I've been training to be a skald, so I would probably be the most helpful to that group, and I know some good spots that will really help them out, so you guys can do the fighting. It's not my thing and you seem to have it under control..."
:chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :book3: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :book4:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

Mark my words, it's not quite what you thought.

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #3221 on: July 16, 2015, 07:11:15 PM »
I can imagine that Group 2 is the reason my sona is in Group 3. She sees how Group 2 conducts things and thinks she's safer playing the skald role than the fighter role. (She hasn't been fighting trolls every day, but 2 years in the Silent World means you have to defend yourself.) Group 3 has sane...er people in it, at least.
"Well, you know, I've been training to be a skald, so I would probably be the most helpful to that group, and I know some good spots that will really help them out, so you guys can do the fighting. It's not my thing and you seem to have it under control..."
It's not a requirement to be clinically insane to join Group 2. That's mostly just the leaders. The rest of the group seems... well, maybe not normal but, eh, subdued. It helps to be useful in a fight though. As for safety there are obviously safer groups... or rather, all the other groups are probably safer. But safety and the not-dying-thingie is important to group 2 as well, just sayin'!

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #3222 on: July 16, 2015, 07:32:15 PM »
It's not a requirement to be clinically insane to join Group 2. That's mostly just the leaders. The rest of the group seems... well, maybe not normal but, eh, subdued. It helps to be useful in a fight though. As for safety there are obviously safer groups... or rather, all the other groups are probably safer. But safety and the not-dying-thingie is important to group 2 as well, just sayin'!

Ehehehe bolded because this is kind of important to say the least?? I see a lot of oh yeah, that group 2, they're such cards but they're all trained in military maneuvers or at least good enough to get accepted into the mission, so while they may be doofy and dumb at times, they're also the people keeping the rest of you guys alive  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The rest of the group apart from like, 3 or 4 people is pretty introverted and/or quiet and/or "'"'sane'"'" (my family has a huge history of mental illness and I get touchy about implied "'"'"'"'insanity'"'"'"'"'") so yeah, I don't know where I'm going with this but Karri =/= crazy and I'm just a little uncomfortable/miffed about constant categorizations as such when for once a character is not as introverted as the rest of the group
YEET

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #3223 on: July 16, 2015, 07:37:45 PM »
The rest of the group apart from like, 3 or 4 people is pretty introverted and/or quiet and/or "'"'sane'"'" (my family has a huge history of mental illness and I get touchy about implied "'"'"'"'insanity'"'"'"'"'") so yeah, I don't know where I'm going with this but Karri =/= crazy and I'm just a little uncomfortable/miffed about constant categorizations as such when for once a character is not as introverted as the rest of the group

Yes, that's also an important point: "crazy/insane/variants thereof" is best used as a label for being a bit outrageous/rowdy, not as an implied diagnosis.

Alethryia

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #3224 on: July 16, 2015, 07:47:52 PM »
Oh dear Fimby & Curry! I would hope that it's not being interpreted as actually thinking any teammates are insane vs sane, it's more daredevil vs cautious to me! For example, Anna is pretty outgoing and passionate, but she's way more cautious than other teammates appear to be from this casual discussion and goofier comics of the thread!  ;)
Born into :canada:
Raised with :usa:
Struggled and lost with :spain:

I survived! :chap8: