Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 842733 times)

North

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • i am rage incarnate. your world shall burn.
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #2865 on: July 03, 2015, 11:39:48 AM »

omg this must've been so much work
YOU ART IS AMAZING HAVE NO REGRETS
and look there i am!!! it is me!!! the BUN is UP and work is about to be DONE
look at me being all responsible with the map aw /wipes tear (seriously this is wonderful i have so much respect for you)
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 11:58:08 AM by North »
Fluent: :norway: :uk:
Newbie: :germany: :russia:
Pronouns: she/her

North

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2866 on: July 03, 2015, 11:57:37 AM »
My part of an art trade with koalalou!

She was a lot of fun to draw but I feel like I didn't do her justice because... well, I decided that from now on I'm not touching a coloured pencil ever again. I realised there was something about the face porportions that I wanted to fix after I'd coloured. /loud groan
I can feel my art juices coming back :v Hope you like it!! uvu I have a bigger version on dA if you want it

Daéa Reina

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #2867 on: July 03, 2015, 12:53:49 PM »
You guys make me so happy with all your nice comments! Thank you so much!! ;D

North: This is really nice!! I like the lighting on her face!

Ragnarok: You can use the image url from my tumblr for your signature, if you want! Or you can save the picture and upload on another website, like Imgur or Photobucket.
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

North

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2868 on: July 03, 2015, 12:59:15 PM »
North: This is really nice!! I like the lighting on her face!
Thank you! :) Coloured pencils are not my preferred medium, but I'm pretty content with it  ::)

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
« Reply #2869 on: July 03, 2015, 01:09:22 PM »
North - Ooooh, colouring pencils, you did a way better job with them than I could! I'm really liking how the fabric and the hair turned out especially, they look so lifelike :D

I'm sorry for the bad quality pic, the home scanner is an old thing now and my watercolours aren't too sharp and vibrant to begin with  :-\
Anyway here's a little thing that's been sitting about half finished for a while now. North and myself agreed that there'd probably be a Legolas-Gimli style rivalry/friendship between our 'sonas since they were both troll hunters in the same place, and this is what I imagine a typical troll hunting session would look like :P

(Rules are that I paint the picture, I get to take down the coolest troll! Also, it totally counts as three)
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 01:15:55 PM by Gwenno »
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

Alethryia

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #2870 on: July 03, 2015, 01:34:37 PM »
Eeeee Daéa that's super cute! :D

I was actually talking with callipygous about our OCs earlier today, and I felt like drawing them actually buckling down to do something and not just being doofy nerds? So wheee, expression practice it is

So here's Karna being bloodthirstier in the middle of a hunt, and there's Karri being mad at... somebody, probably. Since it was a more cold-blooded look (that is probably towards another human and not in the middle of an expedition), I also drew them a mid-cleanse look:

FIGHT FIRE CLUB GO GO GO

These are ... terrifying, awesome, and I love the hair *pat,pat*!  ;D

Those of you doing art trades, if you don't mind waiting until August to get one, I'd like to do some art trades with you. Just let me know, here or PM is fine. And I promise I will do one for you as soon as I get back in August.

I will totally take you up on this, it will keep me drawing into next month!

My part of an art trade with koalalou!

She was a lot of fun to draw but I feel like I didn't do her justice because... well, I decided that from now on I'm not touching a coloured pencil ever again. I realised there was something about the face porportions that I wanted to fix after I'd coloured. /loud groan
I can feel my art juices coming back :v Hope you like it!! uvu I have a bigger version on dA if you want it

I love how you handled the colored pencils in this piece! <3

I'm sorry for the bad quality pic, the home scanner is an old thing now and my watercolours aren't too sharp and vibrant to begin with  :-\
Anyway here's a little thing that's been sitting about half finished for a while now. North and myself agreed that there'd probably be a Legolas-Gimli style rivalry/friendship between our 'sonas since they were both troll hunters in the same place, and this is what I imagine a typical troll hunting session would look like :P

(Rules are that I paint the picture, I get to take down the coolest troll! Also, it totally counts as three)

Oh my gosh, this painting! It is amazing and hilarious, I love the storytelling element, that always seems to be missing in my solos...
Born into :canada:
Raised with :usa:
Struggled and lost with :spain:

I survived! :chap8:

Kizzy

• Not online everyday :c
« Reply #2871 on: July 03, 2015, 01:46:37 PM »
Thank you all for your lovely comments ❤ My endeavor to learn perspective for the past few months has payed off!

@Alethryia & Gwenno Sure thing :D Could you PM if you don't mind?

!!!
I really admire artists who can draw even-looking multiple characters. There's just so much going on on the drawing and I love it :D especially the cleansers expression xD

Cuuuurryyyy the expressions look fantastic :D Karri literally makes the best expressions ever (which gives me more reason to like her...)
Fluent: :usa:
Decent:
Should know but doesn't: , Visaya
Wants to know: :finland: :iceland:, Persian, Navajo
Forgot: :spain: :france:

Chapter Survive
:chap7:

Instagram (=ↀωↀ=) Tumblr

Ragnarok

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #2872 on: July 03, 2015, 01:49:42 PM »
We've disallowed attachments for space reasons.  Could that be it?  Were you trying to attach the image to your sig?

Trying to do something similar to Trinka's where she has a thing of Emil. Not sure if that's an attachment or not...
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #2873 on: July 03, 2015, 01:53:01 PM »
Trying to do something similar to Trinka's where she has a thing of Emil. Not sure if that's an attachment or not...

Probably just a regular bb-code insert.

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #2874 on: July 03, 2015, 02:14:05 PM »
It worked!
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #2875 on: July 03, 2015, 02:24:42 PM »
Hello weekend! Summer, choice beverage,  and everything is awesome! Kick, the creepy shadows and blacking of Arbet's eyes nails him really well, don't talk your drawings down!I for one really enjoy looking at them,  Sunflower, awww! And you even fixed my misspelling (they are just everywhere in my posts, and I don't always do something about the ones I do catch) I hope Karri never ever gets mad at me!North, have some free art juice because you're great at those drawings, even if the colored pencils are a challenge, Kizzy, your style is awesome! Gwenno, lovely pic, I want to draw your ssssona now too (inner debate of going alphabetically like I'v done so far, or skipping ahead - just need to finish RTR first) Daéa: asdfjklajklsdfjkldsa what the others said.

*EDIT* These sketches are running away with me, I had planned useing max 15-20 minutes on each, but I can't seem to keep to that. I'll be able to do these forever, I think!
Lára (RTR):
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 04:01:10 PM by Unlos »

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #2876 on: July 03, 2015, 05:01:26 PM »
Checking in to tell you how incredibly wonderful all of your art is! There's too much of it for me to comment individually but I LOVE IT ALL and i'm so impressed like what the heck all of you are wizerds

I hoped to finish the art trade I started working on yesterday today, buuut haha I'm exhausted today, again, always... but hey guess what, tomorrow is free. so hecka free I'm gonna DRAW A LOT - or at least that's what i hope to do. I just want you guys to know I'm not neglecting you even if I draw other things!! I just want the trades to turn out as good as you deserve, and I need to be in shape for that^^"
you'll know where to find me.

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
« Reply #2877 on: July 03, 2015, 05:11:17 PM »
Checking in to tell you how incredibly wonderful all of your art is! There's too much of it for me to comment individually but I LOVE IT ALL and i'm so impressed like what the heck all of you are wizerds

^^What ze said :D  (also I've got iffy internet and don't wanna risk making a long post, so)

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #2878 on: July 03, 2015, 05:33:11 PM »
I will totally take you up on this, it will keep me drawing into next month!

I have added you to my list! :)
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Helia

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2879 on: July 03, 2015, 05:41:13 PM »
Finally had time to make my ssssona. So let me introduce you

Helga Petterson

Age…………………n/a*
Nationality……… Swede
Area of birth…….Mora
Gender…………....Female
Immunity………...yes
Profession……....teacher, scholar
Languages……..:sweden:, :iceland:, :finland:

*presumably in her thirties

She comes from a family of academics. One of her ancestors on her mother’s side was a foreigner, a man from Hungary, who was an exchange student (an Erasmus student, whatever that means) at the time of the outbreak of the rash. Unfortunately his language was forgotten; she can’t even pronounce his name.
Her most valuable possession is an old, handwritten recipe book (volume 2, pastries) inherited from her grandmother, who won it from a farmer at a drinking contest in Bornholm.

She led a comfortable and uneventful life as a teacher in a public school in Mora. She wasn’t particularly good at teaching and had trouble handling adolescents, especially those who showed no interest in her subjects (Known World history; Culture of the Old World). She was often dreaming of quitting her job and opening a small pastry shop – making all the cookies and pastries from the recipe book. As she became more and more fed up with teaching, she finally handed in her resignation; the last straw was the arrival of a pompous and annoying student in her class – a spoiled kid of a formerly wealthy family.

However, instead of opening the pastry shop, she accepted a job at the New Nordic Museum, mainly because she couldn’t resist the temptation of paid trips and field studies in foreign countries. She even started learning Finnish, and when she felt confident enough, set off to Keuruu to do a „participant observation” by living there and study the culture of Finnish mages. Not that she believed in magic, but the exotic beliefs and superstitions of the Finns were always a hot topic among Swedes.

After arriving in Keuruu she had to face two major problems: her Finnish was not sufficient enough to engage in deep conversations; and talking to mages was much harder than she had imagined. Nonetheless, she tried. She was so enthusiastic, that she even developed a silly little crush on a certain mage with the worst haircut. This one-sided feeling was doomed from the start, and disaster struck soon, when – after too many cups of birch sap ale – she asked him out for a walk by the walls, and started joking about sneaking out of the settlement to the romantic wilderness. She couldn’t exactly recall what happened after her joke, but this incident made it impossible to continue her field study and she felt it would be wiser to leave Finland for now…

So, she needs to find another topic for her research (coming of age rituals in the Sognefjord region? traditional wool production in Iceland?) – or,  perhaps it’s finally time to open that pastry shop.

By the way, she believes in magic now…

native: :hungary:  fluent: :uk:  special: :germany:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: