Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 842348 times)

misea

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • perpetually sleepy night owl
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/their
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #2805 on: July 01, 2015, 03:47:09 PM »
Thankee all c:

*starts calculating how self-insert will add to the hilarious dysfunctionality of the crew with a totally innocent expression*
native :usa: | decent :france: | speak :china: | learning :spain: :italy: :sweden: :norway: :ireland: | wishlist: :finland: all

:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :betterhat: :chap9:

courtesy of wolfie's magical intrnt skillz

Ragnarok

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #2806 on: July 01, 2015, 04:47:48 PM »
I don't think she'll raise the average level that much, counting the random tagalongs and the already-90%-crazy people in the expedition. The overall amount though goes up, just like when MOST of us join up.
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

Unlos

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2807 on: July 01, 2015, 05:00:48 PM »
Misea, Viisikielinenkantele and m-ew, welcome!
Alethryia, thanks for the compliment, it is very much appreciated! I really like your drawings, and realize I need to look up the secret of Kells (I have seen the book, but am obviously still missing something) and Song of the sea :)
Ruth and Galatea, who is extremely good with animals since Blorp is actually calm for once (unless it's still scared by Haiz' outburst):

Windfighter

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Theologian of the Minnion Church
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #2808 on: July 01, 2015, 05:03:07 PM »
Hi everyone! Oh dear lords, so much have happened in here. No way I'm gonna try to keep up anymore! You lost me around page 60 or something :P It's fun to see how much this thing has grown, but there's no way I can search through all the posts for sonas to steal for my novel xD

Well, anyways! I'm actually just dropping by because I want to ask a question.
Sunflower, is it alright if I use your sona in the novel I'm writing for Camp NaNo? She probably won't have a very large role in it, but since she apparently is kinda responsible for my character getting the work she has it'd feel wrong not to have her poking her head around.
Fluent: :sweden:
Decent: :uk:
Phrases: :spain: / :japan:
:book1+:

My stories frequently features themes such as death, suicide, mourning, etc; I cannot give precise warnings for each individual stories, as it would spoil the intrigues.

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #2809 on: July 01, 2015, 05:19:28 PM »
Sunflower, is it alright if I use your sona in the novel I'm writing for Camp NaNo? She probably won't have a very large role in it, but since she apparently is kinda responsible for my character getting the work she has it'd feel wrong not to have her poking her head around.

Be my guest.  I'm flattered!  I'm happy to take questions on Sara's backstory by PM if you feel the need.
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
« Reply #2810 on: July 01, 2015, 05:57:12 PM »
Alethryia, thanks for the compliment, it is very much appreciated! I really like your drawings, and realize I need to look up the secret of Kells (I have seen the book, but am obviously still missing something) and Song of the sea :)
Ruth and Galatea, who is extremely good with animals since Blorp is actually calm for once (unless it's still scared by Haiz' outburst):

Oh my gosh that was unexpected! It's beautiful :D Thank you!!  ;D (yeah, probably it's still scared of Haiz. It's not normal begging like that instead of yelling AAAEEEØØØØÅAÅAÅÅÅ hahah!)

As for y'all, your drawings are awesomely cool! And welcome to new 'sonas ^w^

I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

North

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • i am rage incarnate. your world shall burn.
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2811 on: July 01, 2015, 06:01:20 PM »
My part of an art trade with Keeper, of her sona Madeline Christensen!

OK, I know you're the one finding food by foraging and the expert at this but... please don't eat that mushroom.

Also, welcome to all the new people! This thread updates so fast I can't keep up properly :0
Fluent: :norway: :uk:
Newbie: :germany: :russia:
Pronouns: she/her

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2812 on: July 01, 2015, 06:11:25 PM »
Welp, that would be me all bought up to speed on the last two weeks now, things have been BUSY! Much warm welcome to the new awesome people who are joining our venture and blanket wows for some really cool arts :D
(As a team two person gotta say I'm not too impressed with the choice of leaders you guys are throwing around  ??? Just some advanced warning that you guys will probably not be listened to and that I fully believe that as things are going we're all going to die, but hopefully in a rather spectacular and stupid way :P )

Made a lil something for Solokov in exchange for the dossier as well, now that I've a rare moment of freedom, here ya go!

The coat is weird, but I tried my best, and sorry for the poor quality, my home scanner is pretty old and just doesn't pick up colours as well as I'd like and makes it look kinda bad-funky  :-\
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

ParanormalAndroid

« Reply #2813 on: July 01, 2015, 06:11:58 PM »
[deletia]
Nice 'sona!
It's been added to the infodump here.

Keeper

• Ranger
  • Child of the Sun
« Reply #2814 on: July 01, 2015, 07:14:52 PM »

OK, I know you're the one finding food by foraging and the expert at this but... please don't eat that mushroom.

Ha, I love it! She is definitely not eating any mushrooms she finds at all. She's probably just amazed at the size of it. Thank you so much!
:chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :book3: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :book4:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

Mark my words, it's not quite what you thought.

Alethryia

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #2815 on: July 01, 2015, 07:29:55 PM »
Art drop-off for Dancing Ranger's Mathew Makinen- scouting ahead with runes for swift travels!

Born into :canada:
Raised with :usa:
Struggled and lost with :spain:

I survived! :chap8:

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #2816 on: July 01, 2015, 07:39:40 PM »

Ohh, you did a good job on these!! I specially like Galatea's pose! And Blorptroll isn't screaming at all?? How this?

Also, welcome to all the new people! This thread updates so fast I can't keep up properly :0

Cool style!! She looks a bit like a wizard! Or maybe is just her gray outfit that makes me think of Gandalf...

Welp, that would be me all bought up to speed on the last two weeks now, things have been BUSY! Much warm welcome to the new awesome people who are joining our venture and blanket wows for some really cool arts :D
(As a team two person gotta say I'm not too impressed with the choice of leaders you guys are throwing around  ??? Just some advanced warning that you guys will probably not be listened to and that I fully believe that as things are going we're all going to die, but hopefully in a rather spectacular and stupid way :P )

Made a lil something for Solokov in exchange for the dossier as well, now that I've a rare moment of freedom, here ya go!

The coat is weird, but I tried my best, and sorry for the poor quality, my home scanner is pretty old and just doesn't pick up colours as well as I'd like and makes it look kinda bad-funky  :-\

Nice! :)
Solokov's coat is a mistery yet to be fully understood. And is that the Blorptroll?

Art drop-off for Dancing Ranger's Mathew Makinen- scouting ahead with runes for swift travels!

You have such a beautiful style! Matthew has an elvish air on this picture, I love it. Although I though his hair was dark? I'm not sure...
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

Alethryia

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #2817 on: July 01, 2015, 07:58:06 PM »
You have such a beautiful style! Matthew has an elvish air on this picture, I love it. Although I though his hair was dark? I'm not sure...

Thank you! I asked for colors and his hair was described as "slightly darker ashen hair than Lalli", sooo I kinda just went for it?  ;)
Born into :canada:
Raised with :usa:
Struggled and lost with :spain:

I survived! :chap8:

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #2818 on: July 01, 2015, 08:02:36 PM »
Thank you! I asked for colors and his hair was described as "slightly darker ashen hair than Lalli", sooo I kinda just went for it?  ;)

Ooh, okay... I thought it was darker, and that's how I drew him in the group picture. So I thought wrong, oops. ::)
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

kahli

• Scout
« Reply #2819 on: July 01, 2015, 08:39:20 PM »
Another Kahli preview.

With a spell focus, still no background (changed the canvas color so I could see where I have overlap on layers better)

Probably going to work on Dancingranger's next because I'm currently at a loss for what to do for a background for Kahli's while I have a decent idea for dancingranger's. (he just walked out of the messhall)

*Gasp!* The EYES! AND THE SPELL! IT'S SO PRETTY!  ;D
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
Chapter break survivor: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: