Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 842345 times)

Silent Fox

• Scout
  • Speaks little, writes a lot
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #2655 on: June 27, 2015, 11:28:05 PM »
I finished both my art trades so I figured I would post them both at once. Under spoiler tags because the photos are big.

For mad robin, Marja: I feel like feeding the birds is something she would do.
Spoiler: show

For North, Martine: I was intrigued by the axes she carries.

Good work on the renditions. :)
Native: :germany:
Getting fluent after 10 years: :usa:

:chap7: :chap8:

Keeper

• Ranger
  • Child of the Sun
« Reply #2656 on: June 27, 2015, 11:45:34 PM »
Good work on the renditions. :)

Thank you! :)
:chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :book3: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :book4:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

Mark my words, it's not quite what you thought.

Trinka

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • ☆Da Meme Queen☆
« Reply #2657 on: June 28, 2015, 03:54:39 AM »
Art trade with Trinka!

First of all, I'm so sorry the picture looks so washed out - for some reason my scanner decided that was the only way it would agree to scan. D:
Mimmi and Swagger. Mimmi was probably trying to deliver some mail but there was something guarding the door so she couldn't get in. Thankfully Swagger is trained to deal with these situations (or who knows, maybe it just saw something interesting and decided to investigate).

(Bigger version here.)

Oh wow, I love it! I think the colors turned out just fine, no problems here. So pretty, I love the way you leave the picture soft, with pencil lines showing, rather than outlining everything in black like I do. Laufey, Queen of Watercolors, strikes again!

I imagine Mimmi has had to deal with quite a few situations like this, and has learned to keep a straight face, even when she is internally screaming. KILL IT DEAD SWAGGER! GOOD RAVEN!
Then mail delivery can continue, and all will be right in the world again  :D
:hat:  :artd:  :book1+:  :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8:  :chap9:  :chap10:  :betterhat:

Trinka

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • ☆Da Meme Queen☆
« Reply #2658 on: June 28, 2015, 04:08:44 AM »
This drawing just got a bit more detailed than originally planned - there's still tons of fiddling I could do but at the same time I think it works as is: Art trade with Mad Robin (I originally planned on putting her on a bike but as Bosse seems to be opposed to that I started thinking of what kind of transportation Marja would use. I ended up with a winter version. She's really very skilled at Telemark style:

Oh, this is really cute! I love how we can see your progression in technique over all this time, keep up the good work!

I love how Mimmi has made it her mission in life to improve Marja's delivery methods, for the benefit of society and her own sanity (that's totally something I would doooo).
 "As per Mimmi's specs": I LOLD SO HARD!
:hat:  :artd:  :book1+:  :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8:  :chap9:  :chap10:  :betterhat:

Trinka

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • ☆Da Meme Queen☆
« Reply #2659 on: June 28, 2015, 04:20:03 AM »
Art trade with Trinka! :)

Swagger is helping Mimmi make a necklace out of little things she finds on her travels.
I tried coloring again, and my scanner decided to wash out everything. I tried to fix it a little, I hope it is not too noticeable. D:
Aaaawwww, this is so cute, I love it! I think the colors look just dandy, it turned out great! Their expressions are so heartwarming, I'm loving Swagger's emotive little cartoony eyes! I love the little scene you chose to depict here, shows how they like to spend their time off the clock  :D

Dddaaawww, this is just so sweet! Thank you so much!

Oh gosh guuuyyyzzz, I need to start working faster on my art trades DX

Rosepieces

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #2660 on: June 28, 2015, 04:24:34 AM »
This drawing just got a bit more detailed than originally planned - there's still tons of fiddling I could do but at the same time I think it works as is: Art trade with Mad Robin (I originally planned on putting her on a bike but as Bosse seems to be opposed to that I started thinking of what kind of transportation Marja would use. I ended up with a winter version. She's really very skilled at Telemark style:

You have no idea how much I laughed at this! Thank you for including Bosse! :D

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #2661 on: June 28, 2015, 05:23:05 AM »
Ok, so some people have been curious about Sóley's background, especially with the tarot card that Laufey made earlier. I have decided that I will finally post some of her bio here so that people can know a bit about her and hopefully it will help with the stories and stuff that are being worked on. So yep. Here it is for those of you who were asking me about it. For those of you who weren't, here it is anyway :P

Name: Sóley Elín (goes by Sóley)
Nationality: Icelandic
Area of Birth: Iceland
Immunity: Yes
Profession: Mage
Languages: Icelandic, Danish

Bio (sort of):
Born in rural Iceland to [classified] and [classified] as [classified]
Her father was a skald who spoke several languages, including a few dead old world languages, he taught her Danish because he thought it might come in handy one day, he also taught her to love books
Her mother was a mage and when she noticed that her daughter had an affinity for magic she began to tutor her informally
Sóley began a self study in [classified] at age [classified] and began experimenting with [classified] magic
[classified] went horribly wrong [classified] …. [classified]
Found by [classified] living alone in [classified] …. [classified] for [classified] years
Name changed from [classified] to Sóley Elín, relocated by the government to live at Seiður for proper training
Currently lives alone at Seiður academy in one of the boarding dorms for Norwegian mages (possibly how she met Haiz)
Has two hell demon cats named Sindri and Aska she obtained from [classified] during [classified] …. [classified]
She mostly keeps to herself at Seiður, not talking about her past much, partially because she was forbidden by the government but also because she knows that no one would want anything to do with her if they knew about her past and what she did
Her demon cats sometimes misbehave and get into mischief, therefore she can sometimes be seen chasing them through hall ways yelling in Icelandic and throwing galdrastafir at them, causing small explosions and other minor damage until they stop eating her magic books or whatever it was they were doing that they shouldn’t have been
She recently joined group 1 of the SSSS Expeditions because she wanted to leave Seiður and had previously been prohibited from leaving by the government
She’s a bit shy and nervous to be working with a group for the first time in her life, but feels loyal and dedicated to the group and the mission
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #2662 on: June 28, 2015, 05:33:34 AM »
We still don't know what she did,but she dun bad

(Alexis would nag Solely endlessly until soley said she was uncomfortable with it and then she'd been all "oops crap sorry". And then she'd try to pet the hell cats. Because I would. Doesn't mean she wouldn't try to find about your past,just saying...)

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

Mélusine

« Reply #2663 on: June 28, 2015, 05:34:51 AM »
Mmmh... *Still curious and afraid of beginning to search a way to write like hey, my character is supposed to leave, I'm sure they'll be several to leave, so...*
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Unlos

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2664 on: June 28, 2015, 05:41:00 AM »
Oh, this is really cute! I love how we can see your progression in technique over all this time, keep up the good work!

I love how Mimmi has made it her mission in life to improve Marja's delivery methods, for the benefit of society and her own sanity (that's totally something I would doooo).
 "As per Mimmi's specs": I LOLD SO HARD!

You have no idea how much I laughed at this! Thank you for including Bosse! :D

Thank you so much! That makes me so so happy ;D Bosse just needed to be in this picture, you can't say no to a cat that tells you he belongs in the drawing. And being winter and snow everywhere, SOMEONE had to make sure those letters would arrive somewhat safely.

Keeper, Laufey, Daea: Good looking art trades!

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #2665 on: June 28, 2015, 05:43:27 AM »
We still don't know what she did,but she dun bad

(Alexis would nag Solely endlessly until soley said she was uncomfortable with it and then she'd been all "oops crap sorry". And then she'd try to pet the hell cats. Because I would. Doesn't mean she wouldn't try to find about your past,just saying...)

That is ok :) You can bug her all you want. Who knows what'll happen? One day she might be totally exhausted and let something slip...

And petting the hell cats is totally allowed, just at your own risk. Ask yourself: Do I really need all my fingers? Are they really that important to my daily life and well being? If the answer is "No" then go right ahead, pet alllllll you want :D
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

SectoBoss

• Ranger
« Reply #2666 on: June 28, 2015, 06:27:07 AM »
Well, I can't draw or do art or nothing (as I've mentioned before) so I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right thread. But I wrote a little story about my self-insert Julian (Swedish researcher, cares little for magic or gods, thinks trolls are cool provided they're caged adequately) catching the Dalahasten train down to Oresund.

It's not perhaps the most cheerful thing in the world, I'm afraid. But I like to think the ending’s optimistic:

Remembrance

As for why he’s catching the train, that will hopefully be answered in a later story featuring Haiz’s ssssona as well. (This is all taking place a year or two before the big self-insert expedition brewing in the other threads.)

I hope you guys like it!

For anyone curious, I've based Hugo Adamsson off the old guy on Page 145 who seems remarkably unfazed that a giant's trying to get a free ride on his train.

Native: :uk:  Remembers dregs: :france: :vaticancity:  Learning (slowly): :sweden:
Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
Proud owner of a Haizvatar
I write a bit on AO3

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #2667 on: June 28, 2015, 06:43:26 AM »

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

Mélusine

« Reply #2668 on: June 28, 2015, 06:46:49 AM »
Well, I can't draw or do art or nothing (as I've mentioned before) so I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right thread. But I wrote a little story about my self-insert Julian (Swedish researcher, cares little for magic or gods, thinks trolls are cool provided they're caged adequately) catching the Dalahasten train down to Oresund.

It's not perhaps the most cheerful thing in the world, I'm afraid. But I like to think the ending’s optimistic:

Remembrance

As for why he’s catching the train, that will hopefully be answered in a later story featuring Haiz’s ssssona as well. (This is all taking place a year or two before the big self-insert expedition brewing in the other threads.)

I hope you guys like it!

For anyone curious, I've based Hugo Adamsson off the old guy on Page 145 who seems remarkably unfazed that a giant's trying to get a free ride on his train.

T_T
Beautiful idea. Sad and strong. I wish I had better words in english to explain it but, instead, I cried.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 06:51:27 AM by Mélusine »
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Dane Murgen

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • wannabe polyglot
  • Preferred pronouns: They/Them/Their
« Reply #2669 on: June 28, 2015, 07:06:36 AM »

Remembrance

I hope you guys like it!

I see no end to my sadness after reading this. Great work.

(By the way, can I write a little sequel to this with my self insert meeting Julien right after this happens? Karl is a Catholic priest.)
A life without death is a life not worth living.

Survived: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11:

Speaks+reads: :newzealand:
Speaks: :philippines:
Barely reads: :france:
Can read a few sentences: :china:
Want to learn: twelve other languages, *sigh*