Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 842980 times)

misea

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • perpetually sleepy night owl
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/their
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #2640 on: June 27, 2015, 12:39:21 AM »
All these SSSSonas are super cute????? Been staring at this thread for four days and still working through (because I spend a long time admiring everyone's art styles ahaahaa)

Will post my SSSSona once I work up motivation and my elbows aren't in pain maybe idk.
native :usa: | decent :france: | speak :china: | learning :spain: :italy: :sweden: :norway: :ireland: | wishlist: :finland: all

:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :betterhat: :chap9:

courtesy of wolfie's magical intrnt skillz

AquaAurion

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2641 on: June 27, 2015, 01:13:14 AM »
Sigrid Marie: I really like your clean style and the way you draw hair! :)

Trinka: The pose in Callipygous piece is really good! It's playful and lively and oh god that looks so dangerous O_O
I think using watercolors for the dream world piece was a good move, since it adds to the atmosphere :)The idea of having the unicorn being see-through is really neat!

mad robin: I like the pose and you draw curly hair beautifully!! :D

Alethryia: Your insert is really pretty :) What are the runes at her belt for?

mithrysc: Wow, that style is really cool  :o

Haiz: I hadn't thought of the possibility of going to the dream world while infected, but it must be super freaky O_O

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

ClairityKoi

« Reply #2642 on: June 27, 2015, 02:39:18 AM »
Everybody is soooo gooooood :O

I'mma do one

Name: Claire

Profession: Skaaaaaaaaaaaaald!

Short Description: Outgoing but prefers to stay isolated and to learn, hence why they decided to become a skald! They like kitties, and rainbows, and vegetables, and any combination therein.
It's not leaving the comfort of your shell, it's expanding its confines... <3

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #2643 on: June 27, 2015, 03:49:29 AM »

*incoherent screaming from Iceland*

That's - wow, holy wow, I did NOT expect that and it's brilliant! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! You got the clothes so accurately I'm wishing I could go have a walk in a forest, so it's a bit of a shame Iceland has maybe one forest and that's a tiny one but still. I'm just... going to save this pic and put it everywhere because I can and no one can stop me. Mwhahahaha sweet dreams to Laufey. :D THANK YOU AGAIN HAIZ I'm kinda speechless here because it's just... so awesome, and awesome is not big enough a word to describe my feels, even. Maybe I'll just scream a bit more.
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

North

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • i am rage incarnate. your world shall burn.
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2644 on: June 27, 2015, 06:57:40 AM »
Thank you North & Piney! I went with watercolors because I wanted a soft, dreamy look!  :)
You definitely got the look your wanted ;D

mithrysc tHOSE COLOURS....... I love the style, love love love it. LOVE IT. ;o;

Alethryia NORWEGIAN HUNTERS UNITE! Love idea of her being a mage as well.

Haiz I'm still amazed because of how fast you adapted to digital art >:0

ClairityKoi Welcome to the club! Hope you'll feel at home here  :D
Fluent: :norway: :uk:
Newbie: :germany: :russia:
Pronouns: she/her

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #2645 on: June 27, 2015, 10:07:38 AM »
Uggh. Here's the drawing I owe RandomTexanReader

I was so HAPPY when I drew the folds on her clothes,but then markers ruined everything.

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
  • Forum Prophet (avatar by the incredible mad robin)
« Reply #2646 on: June 27, 2015, 10:24:08 AM »

I was so HAPPY when I drew the folds on her clothes,but then markers ruined everything.
*high-pitched squealing from the general region of Texas*
I LOVE IT SO MUCH!!! It's perfectly in character too... "I'm pretty sure I carved it right..." (Well, technically she did, it's just that she carved a mosquito-attractant rune instead of a repellent one)
And believe me, I know about markers ruining everything. *shakes fist at art supplies*
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck
:usa:
:vaticancity: Domine, non sum dignus....
:mexico: No habla Espanol
:croatia: Hvala za nishto, dobro za nishto, mali vrag.

Alethryia

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #2647 on: June 27, 2015, 12:14:03 PM »
AAAAAAAAAAa your art is REALLY BEAUTIFUL
I wish I could handle watercolours like that

;D THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!  ;D I wouldn't say that watercolors are the easiest, but I do find them a very forgiving medium because you can "erase" by adding more water and make something darker by adding more pigment. They're really fun to play with, so I'd recommend that- try adding rubbing alcohol, sugar, salt, and "lifting" colors by dabbing them with cotton balls for really cool effects if you haven't yet! <3

OH MY GOSH she is so cool! I love her!! And that updo! Love the idea of a hunter-mage and those runes carved on equipment ouo

Again, thank you so much!  :D :D :D

I must say again, really pretty art! And Anna looks awesome, what with the runes on the guns and the knee-high boots :D

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa, I cannot say thank you enough!!! You guys are all AWESOME! <3

Alethryia: Your insert is really pretty :) What are the runes at her belt for?

The runes at her belt are for a variety of defensive spells, they clip on so she can switch them to make whatever runes she believes are most relevant to the situation readily available!

You definitely got the look your wanted ;D
Alethryia NORWEGIAN HUNTERS UNITE! Love idea of her being a mage as well.

We will punch all the trolls in the face!  ;)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 12:16:04 PM by Alethryia »
Born into :canada:
Raised with :usa:
Struggled and lost with :spain:

I survived! :chap8:

Alethryia

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #2648 on: June 27, 2015, 12:20:48 PM »
All these SSSSonas are super cute????? Been staring at this thread for four days and still working through (because I spend a long time admiring everyone's art styles ahaahaa)

Will post my SSSSona once I work up motivation and my elbows aren't in pain maybe idk.

I can't wait to see and/or read about your SSSSona! <3

Everybody is soooo gooooood :O

I'mma do one

Name: Claire
Profession: Skaaaaaaaaaaaaald!
Short Description: Outgoing but prefers to stay isolated and to learn, hence why they decided to become a skald! They like kitties, and rainbows, and vegetables, and any combination therein.

I love the expression on Claire's face!!!

I feel ya', I bought Trinka Copic markers for Christmas and she hardly uses them because they are scary and unforgiving!!!  >:(
Born into :canada:
Raised with :usa:
Struggled and lost with :spain:

I survived! :chap8:

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #2649 on: June 27, 2015, 01:52:45 PM »
HELLO HELLO EVERYBODY I AM BACK ON MY COMPUTEr!!

This is important because that means I can continue editing the infodump! If you posted any art (of your ssssona), information (about your ssssona), or new SSSSonas here in the past 3 weeks, please PM me so I can get all that together and onto the infodump. Otherwise my usual infocrawl would take a large amount of time and I'd likely miss something.

Thank you guys! :D
YEET

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #2650 on: June 27, 2015, 02:46:41 PM »
Art trade with Trinka!

First of all, I'm so sorry the picture looks so washed out - for some reason my scanner decided that was the only way it would agree to scan. D:
Mimmi and Swagger. Mimmi was probably trying to deliver some mail but there was something guarding the door so she couldn't get in. Thankfully Swagger is trained to deal with these situations (or who knows, maybe it just saw something interesting and decided to investigate).

(Bigger version here.)
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #2651 on: June 27, 2015, 05:08:42 PM »
Blanket I love all the new stuff here!

This drawing just got a bit more detailed than originally planned - there's still tons of fiddling I could do but at the same time I think it works as is: Art trade with Mad Robin (I originally planned on putting her on a bike but as Bosse seems to be opposed to that I started thinking of what kind of transportation Marja would use. I ended up with a winter version. She's really very skilled at Telemark style:

Sketchdump I did of Marja a couple of months back (except for the sketches with Bosse). I didn't post it except for the minisnippet with Lauftroll as it was mostly an excercise in expressions:
Spoiler: show

Next up is Oh Deer, I doodled some ideas but I'm not sure if you like them or would prefer any of them elaborated on so here's the sketchdump:

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #2652 on: June 27, 2015, 10:21:33 PM »
Art trade with Trinka! :)

Swagger is helping Mimmi make a necklace out of little things she finds on her travels.
I tried coloring again, and my scanner decided to wash out everything. I tried to fix it a little, I hope it is not too noticeable. D:
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

KMK

• Scout
« Reply #2653 on: June 27, 2015, 10:40:19 PM »
;D THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!  ;D I wouldn't say that watercolors are the easiest, but I do find them a very forgiving medium because you can "erase" by adding more water and make something darker by adding more pigment. They're really fun to play with, so I'd recommend that- try adding rubbing alcohol, sugar, salt, and "lifting" colors by dabbing them with cotton balls for really cool effects if you haven't yet! <3

Again, thank you so much!  :D :D :D

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa, I cannot say thank you enough!!! You guys are all AWESOME! <3

The runes at her belt are for a variety of defensive spells, they clip on so she can switch them to make whatever runes she believes are most relevant to the situation readily available!

We will punch all the trolls in the face!  ;)

I haven't done any marker work for a while. When I did I used Rapidograph ink pens to do the line work. Then I would use a copy machine to copy it onto (what is called in the States) onion skin paper. it is finicky and easy to jam in the machine so sometimes it takes a couple of trys and I found that feeding the paper in manually (instead of putting it into the drawer) worked best. Make more than one copy so you can have practice pieces. Then I used professional markers to provide the color. The pro markers can make the Rapidograph ink run but the copy machine ink is heat set and stays in place. If you would like to see the result I can post a picture I did that is in my portfolio.

Keeper

• Ranger
  • Child of the Sun
« Reply #2654 on: June 27, 2015, 11:21:04 PM »
I finished both my art trades so I figured I would post them both at once. Under spoiler tags because the photos are big.

For mad robin, Marja: I feel like feeding the birds is something she would do.

For North, Martine: I was intrigued by the axes she carries.
:chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :book3: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :book4:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

Mark my words, it's not quite what you thought.