Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 842672 times)

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #2625 on: June 26, 2015, 05:54:40 PM »
So the character herself is still a work in progress, but my 'sona will be an Icelandic mage and this is her in her dream regalia (she would be far too practical to have her hair flowing everywhere otherwise)!

... I was so torn between Icelandic or Finnish mage, they are both so amazing!

Ooh, how pretty :) You handle watercolors really nicely.

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Alethryia

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #2626 on: June 26, 2015, 06:15:52 PM »
Thank you North & Piney! I went with watercolors because I wanted a soft, dreamy look!  :)
Born into :canada:
Raised with :usa:
Struggled and lost with :spain:

I survived! :chap8:

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #2627 on: June 26, 2015, 06:43:27 PM »
Aaand art trade for Trinka!

Mimmi is probably thinking of the mythical creed of the postal service of the legendary USA (Neither rain nor snow nor heat nor gloom...).

(aka I WILL SEE IT DOOOONE)

Noodles

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #2628 on: June 26, 2015, 06:48:06 PM »

Mimmi is probably thinking of the mythical creed of the postal service of the legendary USA (Neither rain nor snow nor heat nor gloom...).

Ooooo, that's neat. I like. Sort of Native American-y? That raven is Most Best.
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Silent Fox

• Scout
  • Speaks little, writes a lot
« Reply #2629 on: June 26, 2015, 06:51:43 PM »

Very different from the styles we usually see around here. Neat work with the limited color scheme. It really pops!
Native: :germany:
Getting fluent after 10 years: :usa:

:chap7: :chap8:

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #2630 on: June 26, 2015, 07:22:23 PM »
Since this appears to be the only Self-Insert thread still active:
any word on that expedition?

If you are in fact referring to the organization thread, it's happening! It's mainly that I (the organizer) am away from my computer and I am attempting to keep tabs on who is added and who is not by going by my last post in that thread. (So summary, yes you can join that group! :3c )
YEET

Trinka

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • ☆Da Meme Queen☆
« Reply #2631 on: June 26, 2015, 08:28:59 PM »

AAAAHH, SO COOL!!!!!
I LOVE IT! I LOVE IT! I LOVE IT!
Oh my gosh, I love your style, so minimalist, and the limited use of colors; But it's so powerful! And so cleeeaaann and lovely.... augh, I'm in love. Like a cool novel cover!
AND LOOK AT SWAGGER, he's so awesome! That wing definition tho.

THANK YOU SO MUCH

This is so in character, it's ridiculous...
:hat:  :artd:  :book1+:  :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8:  :chap9:  :chap10:  :betterhat:

Alethryia

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #2632 on: June 26, 2015, 08:31:57 PM »
ABSOLUTELY AWESOME mithrysc!!!!!!!!

Trinka

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • ☆Da Meme Queen☆
« Reply #2633 on: June 26, 2015, 08:47:29 PM »
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
*deep breath*
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
SO COOL
SO VERY VERY COOL
THANK YOU SO MUCH

YAAAY, OHMIGOSH I'm so glad you liked it! I was a little worried because of the whole unicorn size discrepancy thing, but whatever, I stress to much! Yay for Haiz looking badass!

Feel free to hog the thread, Trinka. All this art is hella awesome :D
^^^what he said.
Alright then, be careful what you wish for!

Dear Lord
This is beautiful
Oooh, stop, you guys, my ego can't handle all this love

This is so Haiz, it's amazing. The horse is really cool aaa ;o;
YAY I'm glad you think so! I had a fun time trying to figure the spirit horsie out, so I'm glad it came across so well!
:hat:  :artd:  :book1+:  :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8:  :chap9:  :chap10:  :betterhat:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #2634 on: June 26, 2015, 09:02:33 PM »
Alethryia and mithrysc, your arts are absolutely amazing O: O: O:

I finally have an art trade piece of my own to present, namely Laufey's magesona. Going to the dreamworld after catching the rash is probably super duper fun

it's 3AM so maybe the colouring got a little sloppy towards the end... I hope you like it anyway!
you'll know where to find me.

Trinka

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • ☆Da Meme Queen☆
« Reply #2635 on: June 26, 2015, 09:43:31 PM »
Alethryia and mithrysc, your arts are absolutely amazing O: O: O:

I finally have an art trade piece of my own to present, namely Laufey's magesona. Going to the dreamworld after catching the rash is probably super duper fun

it's 3AM so maybe the colouring got a little sloppy towards the end... I hope you like it anyway!

OOhhh noooOOoo, here come the feels? Why'd you have to make the Laufeytroll saaaddd?

Jk, I love it anyways

Alethryia

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #2636 on: June 27, 2015, 12:01:11 AM »
Oooo, awesome work Haiz!!! All the feels for Laufey...   :'(

I just finished a full-body pose for my 'sona, who I have decided will be named Anna (short for Johanna)! She is a Norwegian hunter-mage (she received mage training in Iceland). ;D She takes her work very seriously, is quite practical, and therefor usually has her long hair back in some kind of braid, in this case an updo! She carves runes into her equipment and onto plastic tags that she then hooks onto her smaller belt for easy access, who knows what the contents of that pouch are ...

The poor quality of the scans from my multimedia journal irk me btw, so sorry for the poor resolution.  :-[
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 12:05:45 AM by Alethryia »

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #2637 on: June 27, 2015, 12:08:31 AM »

I just finished a full-body pose for my 'sona, who I have decided will be named Anna (short for Johanna)! She is a Norwegian hunter-mage (she received mage training in Iceland). ;D She takes her work very seriously, is quite practical, and therefor usually has her long hair back in some kind of braid, in this case an updo! She carves runes into her equipment and onto plastic tags that she then hooks onto her smaller belt for easy access, who knows what the contents of that pouch are ...

The poor quality of the scans from my multimedia journal irk me btw, so sorry for the poor resolution.  :-[

AAAAAAAAAAa your art is REALLY BEAUTIFUL
I wish I could handle watercolours like that
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

indui

• most best
« Reply #2638 on: June 27, 2015, 12:11:26 AM »

OH MY GOSH she is so cool! I love her!! And that updo! Love the idea of a hunter-mage and those runes carved on equipment ouo
Someday I'll be able to make fanart worthy of how much I love these characters C:[deviantart] [tumblr]

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2639 on: June 27, 2015, 12:12:52 AM »

I must say again, really pretty art! And Anna looks awesome, what with the runes on the guns and the knee-high boots :D

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13: