Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 842008 times)

kahli

• Scout
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #2505 on: June 20, 2015, 10:31:16 PM »

!!!!!!!! This is wonderful! And you got my insert perfectly in character! Words cannot describe how much I love this so I'm just going to use smiley faces: ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Aahh! Yay! Group 1! Woooooo! I love it! And of course we're not lost. We would never get lost, right guys? ;)

Of course not! We're totally not lost.  <_<   >_>   Does that tree look familiar to any of you? I swear we've passed it before....
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
Chapter break survivor: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

princeofdoom

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Preferred pronouns: he or they
« Reply #2506 on: June 20, 2015, 10:39:13 PM »
a lovely tumblr friend (technicallysillybouquet) gifted me this wonderful picture

Also, kitties!
Native :usa:
Rusty (and other issues) :japan: :france:
Learning :russia:
Starting :finland:

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
  • Forum Prophet (avatar by the incredible mad robin)
« Reply #2507 on: June 20, 2015, 11:18:03 PM »
So it turns out that Sunflower and I share a massive internet crush healthy professional respect for the comic artist Boulet, so I did a comic.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 12:39:25 AM by RandomTexanReader »
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck
:usa:
:vaticancity: Domine, non sum dignus....
:mexico: No habla Espanol
:croatia: Hvala za nishto, dobro za nishto, mali vrag.

Unlos

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2508 on: June 21, 2015, 02:52:01 AM »
Just put the finishing touches on my art trade with Unlos, so here it is:

Hope you like it!
I love it! The coloring is so pretty, thank you  ;D

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #2509 on: June 21, 2015, 04:56:39 AM »
So it turns out that Sunflower and I share a massive internet crush healthy professional respect for the comic artist Boulet, so I did a comic.

!!!!  This is Made of Win.  Your giddy gushing!  My shameless shrieking!  Boulet's ever-so-shiny smile!  (That's a very good likeness.)  "Hand me my cane, I'm running after him."   !!!!
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #2510 on: June 21, 2015, 11:12:11 AM »
Aaaaaaaaaaa there is too much awesome on here! Everything is beautiful and fjkfsdajhje!
Daea, that is Most Best! Sonja's perfectly IC and I can't even! ;D ;D
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

ParanormalAndroid

« Reply #2511 on: June 21, 2015, 11:19:39 AM »

To reiterate what Sunflower said- you genuinely could be an editorial artist.
The sense of humour and facial expressions in these cartoons are amazing!

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #2512 on: June 21, 2015, 11:45:35 AM »
a lovely tumblr friend (technicallysillybouquet) gifted me this wonderful picture

Also, kitties!

Wow, that's really cool! Love the dark outfit!

This is perfect!!
I love how you portrayed Sara in this. The "hand me my cane" line is most best.
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #2513 on: June 21, 2015, 01:55:54 PM »
... Don't you think it would be perfect in his comments ?

This is perfect!!
I love how you portrayed Sara in this. The "hand me my cane" line is most best.
I was about saying the same :D
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

mad robin

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2514 on: June 21, 2015, 02:17:47 PM »

Seems I've never said I love your style sooo much!

Also, kitties!
Awww cool and cute -  all at once :3

Pfffffahahahahha yeeeeeeees nothing but healthy professional respect

Think I was absent for too long again.
So many responses woohoo! I'll try to make my parts as quick as possible :D
Curry But I love your half of art-trade! On the other hand I've been looking for a reason to draw Carry's gorgeous hair... so YAY!   

Krisse Kovacs

• Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #2515 on: June 21, 2015, 02:29:58 PM »
I am still developping my character's past, and I would like to involve other selfinserts into it, but I don't know much about others, it is basically imspossible to read alll stuffs in this. I got that document, which shows well who is from which country, or at least the nationality. who is actually finnish and which area they live/grew up, and who would be interested to be kind of friend (or enemy) with any of me (don't have to be both).

My characters moved in few places, not decided, born in saimaa, and currently lives there, but they lived in Mora as well (they studied there for a while) and lived at least 2-3 other finnish places for short time. (why moving is unknown yet)
can speak :hungary::uk: used to learn :germany: is learning :sweden::finland: can read a bit :norway::denmark: want to learn :iceland:
survived :chap8: - :chap9: - :chap10: - :chap11: - :chap12: - :chap13: - :chap14: - :chap15: - :chap16: - :chap17: - :chap18: - :chap19: - :chap20:

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
« Reply #2516 on: June 21, 2015, 02:38:48 PM »
... Don't you think it would be perfect in his comments ?
I'M DOING IT.
YOLO.
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #2517 on: June 21, 2015, 02:48:31 PM »
I'M DOING IT.
YOLO.
I was seriously thinking to do it, but not without your agreement ;)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
« Reply #2518 on: June 21, 2015, 02:51:45 PM »
I was seriously thinking to do it, but not without your agreement ;)
I posted it on the english site but it looks like it might not have gone through... he may have software in place to prevent spamming. Ah well, it was worth a shot.

Edit: It did go through!!!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 03:09:54 PM by RandomTexanReader »
John Steinbeck

Elrew

« Reply #2519 on: June 21, 2015, 03:41:08 PM »

Basically, they took a wrong turn and now they need to find a way back to the trail they were following ("we are NOT lost, we just need to check the map again").
Ahaha incompetent? Pfft nope just... exploring. Yep. Can't be too safe. And Sonja seems to have just stopped caring by this point.
All your group pictures are really cute and I love how you've managed to give everyone so much personality! I feel like this deserves a bit more praise but words