Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 842759 times)

Eriaror

• Ilmarinen
  • Scout
  • Intermediate apprentice of webpage wizardry
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #2445 on: June 19, 2015, 02:02:22 PM »
I'm so sorry, but I had to crank this up to eleven. *hides*
Native :hungary: | Fluent :uk: | Fading :germany:
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:

Noodles

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #2446 on: June 19, 2015, 02:04:33 PM »
Eriaror, that's beautiful. I needed that.
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #2447 on: June 19, 2015, 02:05:58 PM »

THIS. My day is made. Thank you.
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #2448 on: June 19, 2015, 02:12:56 PM »
oh my goooooooooods *also hides* *gives you a thumbs up from hiding place* *is never seen again*
i am a lot more embarassed about this recording now than I was early in the morning, before my anti-embarassement-stabilizators kicked in... i need to stop doing things before 10am
you'll know where to find me.

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #2449 on: June 19, 2015, 03:07:59 PM »
oh my goooooooooods *also hides* *gives you a thumbs up from hiding place* *is never seen again*
i am a lot more embarassed about this recording now than I was early in the morning, before my anti-embarassement-stabilizators kicked in... i need to stop doing things before 10am

Did you mean: i need to do more things before 10am.
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

KauniitaUnia

• Scout
  • boldly going nowhere
« Reply #2450 on: June 19, 2015, 04:59:31 PM »
Oh gods, this is a mess.
First of all, I'm sorry I haven't been on the forums a lot over the last couple of weeks! I have had a lot of work and revision build up recently, and I needed to take a break from time consuming internet things - mostly because I am a terrible procrastinator and will do anything to avoid work.

Which leads onto my second point, which is about the joint project; seemingly even banning myself from going online too much couldn't stop me from avoiding responsibilities, because I still decided to start work on the joint project that's currently in progress. Buuuut, having mostly finished the lineart I just realised that not only have I gotten the dimensions and resolution wrong, but there is now a prompt as well. Which my drawing doesn't really fit into. Oops.

I tried. I failed.
It looks like I'm going to have to start anew, but I might finish this some other time. It's all practice, I guess! I have one more week of trying to avoid the internet left but after that I'm good to go, so I'm looking forward to that at least :) Now I just need to try and catch up on all the posts I missed...
Fluent - :uk:
Learning - :sweden: :france:
Would love to learn - :finland:
Survived - :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :chap9::chap10:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #2451 on: June 19, 2015, 05:41:30 PM »

ahh, welcome back!! I think that looks really good and like it will fit right in on the collaboration picture O: your style is really cool
you'll know where to find me.

Silent Fox

• Scout
  • Speaks little, writes a lot
« Reply #2452 on: June 19, 2015, 06:04:35 PM »
Oh gods, this is a mess.
First of all, I'm sorry I haven't been on the forums a lot over the last couple of weeks! I have had a lot of work and revision build up recently, and I needed to take a break from time consuming internet things - mostly because I am a terrible procrastinator and will do anything to avoid work.

Which leads onto my second point, which is about the joint project; seemingly even banning myself from going online too much couldn't stop me from avoiding responsibilities, because I still decided to start work on the joint project that's currently in progress. Buuuut, having mostly finished the lineart I just realised that not only have I gotten the dimensions and resolution wrong, but there is now a prompt as well. Which my drawing doesn't really fit into. Oops.

I tried. I failed.
It looks like I'm going to have to start anew, but I might finish this some other time. It's all practice, I guess! I have one more week of trying to avoid the internet left but after that I'm good to go, so I'm looking forward to that at least :) Now I just need to try and catch up on all the posts I missed...

I also agree that it looks good. I like the little details, and the face is very expressive! :)
Native: :germany:
Getting fluent after 10 years: :usa:

:chap7: :chap8:

Solokov

• Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #2453 on: June 20, 2015, 12:00:25 AM »
Kahli's preview.

Um...I literally have no idea on what kind of background to put in there, well I do have an idea but it's basically the tracks and side to one of the armored vehicles. Also do you have any particular pattern you want for the magic spell you're concentrating on?

Also I found this and have no idea what to use this for but it's awesome.

« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 06:32:19 PM by Solokov »
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2454 on: June 20, 2015, 01:11:57 AM »
For Viola!! This took much longer than I intended.

Bonus because I wanted to:

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #2455 on: June 20, 2015, 01:38:19 AM »

Bonus because I wanted to:

OHMYGOD EEEEEEEEEEEE I LOVE THEM BOTH OF THEM THEY ARE AMAZING AND WONDERFUL AND YAY AND THANK YOU! :D

I'm so glad I stayed up to wait! Don't tell Ana (she'll probably find this though and tell us both we were up too late)

It actually looks like real live me, especially the second one. I may have to do an avatar change... ^^
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 01:40:59 AM by Feartheviolas »
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2456 on: June 20, 2015, 01:49:00 AM »
OHMYGOD EEEEEEEEEEEE I LOVE THEM BOTH OF THEM THEY ARE AMAZING AND WONDERFUL AND YAY AND THANK YOU! :D

I'm so glad I stayed up to wait! Don't tell Ana (she'll probably find this though and tell us both we were up too late)

It actually looks like real live me, especially the second one. I may have to do an avatar change... ^^

YOU'RE WELCOME ;D I have to admit that if I know what someone looks like, it ends up influencing my drawings. I'd be extremely flattered if you used my drawing as an avatar, but it'll be weird not seeing you as Iceland. :D also I just now realized that I didn't give her eyebrows... oh well. They're under the bangs.

...And Ana cannot control me! Peh! I was going to go to bed earlier if I'd been done with the drawing! Heck, I'm going to bed now!

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #2457 on: June 20, 2015, 02:09:38 AM »

So cute!  I love the sort of Northern Lights effect of Viola's rune-spell.  I also really like her handsome, practical Icelandic sweater, with the shoulder patches and handwarmer pockets.

The bonus SATW Iceland portrait is just Made of Win.
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #2458 on: June 20, 2015, 08:10:22 AM »
Nice scene! And that cat must be heavy... Or is it just fur? Anyway, this is pretty! :)
Thank you! As for heavyness, mostly fur but I have the distinct impression that even so, Bosse is not exactly lightweigth..

Piney: Iceland Viola is perfect. Mage Viola is great too, I like the effects you've used to create a kind of television snowstorm from unspeakable dephts,
Viola: Me like :)
Solokov: I'ts coming along really nicely, I like watching your progress on these!
KaunitaUnia: I think your drawing fits well with the prompt, and it is really pretty!

Art-Trade with Keeper:

I'm having loads of fun width shadowing, and have tried to use some of the tips from this amazing guys excellent tutorials. Keeper Madelines dress ended up green instead of black due to heavy influence of Lord Vetinaris thoughts on camouflage.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 08:32:09 AM by Unlos »

mad robin

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2459 on: June 20, 2015, 08:35:24 AM »
"Ok, I need to kill time. I'll just draw something plotless and pointless."

"... um, well... hello, Haiz?"

Actually I don't know for what I did this. But it's still plotless and pointless. I'm so sorry, Haiz.

Also, Unlos, it looks really good! I like the color of the dress (and now I'm going to reread some Pratchett's books, thanks :D )