Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 841568 times)

AuthorOfLight

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • i am just a littol creachur
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #2385 on: June 17, 2015, 02:05:05 PM »

I finished my side of the art trade with Haiz!
Ze was so much fun to draw especially since I actually got 3/4 view right for once.
fluent - :usa:
decentish - :mexico:
starting to learn - :finland: :japan:

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #2386 on: June 17, 2015, 02:07:01 PM »

Ze was so much fun to draw especially since I actually got 3/4 view right for once.
EEEEEEEEEEEEE SO COOOL
love the pose and enormous shiny rune *____________________*
THANK YOU!!!
you'll know where to find me.

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
« Reply #2387 on: June 17, 2015, 02:17:39 PM »
It's That Day in Iceland today, so to celebrate here's team Iceland!

Ah wow Laufey, that looks great! Your water colouring is amazing and it's wonderful how you have all the different characters doing their own thing :D

OK, here goes a whole load of art/sketches:
First up, my half of an art-trade with Gwenno.

(I promise your head doesn't look all squished on the original, it just got foreshortened in the photo)

Two Dreamworld-Sonjas, also my first two attempts at backgrounds in years. I'm proud of the one with the sea-stacks, the other I kinda blepped the colouring so it's not as good as I'd like.

(yes that is a real tree [the branches aren't all in the right places but it looks mostly like that] [it's in the Fairholme Campground, near Lake Crescent (which is almost 200m deep :O )])

Aeeeeeee! This is so cool, and colours to boot (I feel so spoilt now  ;D ). I think this may be the first time someone's drawn a non crazy expression for a trade and I've got to say I'm quite liking it, makes her look more competent rather than just *enthusiastic* :P I really like the pose and how the movement is shown with the hair as well

These dreamworld Sonjas are pretty darn cool as well if I may say so :) You've good reason to be proud of the seastacks one as it is awesome (the feeling of wind in it is what I like best), and as for blepping on the other I don't think you really did ^_^ It has the same feel as the mossy forests where I live, except for bigger and older (I was waiting to see how the picture would turn out from when you commented on the other thread actually)
Haha, I think Bloptroll is glad that at least one person is scared of it ^_^

I can see that you had a lot of fun painting that ^_^ it shines though everything in the picture and makes it look so vibrant!

Also I COME BEARING ART TRADES! multiple, because I've managed to finish both Haiz and Koalalou's today (woohoo!)

Firstly for Koalalou ^_^
I think this may be the calmest art trade I've drawn. Seriously, it has no trolls, no fire and no explosions, what the serious hell was I thinking? I quite like it though :P

And also Haiz

Rainbow troll attacks! Rainbow troll felt that it's position as the most colourful being in the dreamworld was being threatened and so was very rude and decided to invade Haiz's personal space! Rainbow troll is very strong unfortunately, but I felt so bad about doing this to hir that I created a mini comic of what happened next….
Spoiler: show
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

AuthorOfLight

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • i am just a littol creachur
« Reply #2388 on: June 17, 2015, 02:19:18 PM »
EEEEEEEEEEEEE SO COOOL
love the pose and enormous shiny rune *____________________*
THANK YOU!!!
Yaay I'm glad you like it! ^.^
fluent - :usa:
decentish - :mexico:
starting to learn - :finland: :japan:

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #2389 on: June 17, 2015, 02:35:05 PM »
And also Haiz

Rainbow troll attacks! Rainbow troll felt that it's position as the most colourful being in the dreamworld was being threatened and so was very rude and decided to invade Haiz's personal space! Rainbow troll is very strong unfortunately, but I felt so bad about doing this to hir that I created a mini comic of what happened next….
Spoiler: show

oH MY VARIOUS DEITIES
THIS IS A WHOLE LOT OF AWESOME
rainbow troll
badassery all around
sksdkjbsd sdhksdjsd sdifkjewberfnjdkskjsd thank you so much!!??

wow i'm getting buried under all these wonderful art trades, how many did I sign up to again?? i regret nothing

Oh Deer

• Scout
    • Tumblr
  • I live!! but no joke, it's good to be back :D
« Reply #2390 on: June 17, 2015, 03:30:39 PM »
Anyone up for an art traddde??

Edit: Wait if any of you say "yes" your ssssona would be in a group beach pic. Is that ok?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 03:49:24 PM by Oh Deer »
"Nerds + time = siege engines, it's a well-known fact."- Noodly Appendage
:chap6:, :chap7: :chap8:

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #2391 on: June 17, 2015, 03:53:03 PM »

Edit: Wait if any of you say "yes" your ssssona would be in a group beach pic. Is that ok?
hmmMmMMM I might? I mean if you're okay with being at the end of my pretty long list of 'sonas-to-draw... beach pic sounds very tempting

Oh Deer

• Scout
    • Tumblr
  • I live!! but no joke, it's good to be back :D
« Reply #2392 on: June 17, 2015, 03:55:37 PM »
hmmMmMMM I might? I mean if you're okay with being at the end of my pretty long list of 'sonas-to-draw... beach pic sounds very tempting
It would be fine  ;D  Now I can put you in the list of people who are in the beach pic!
"Nerds + time = siege engines, it's a well-known fact."- Noodly Appendage
:chap6:, :chap7: :chap8:

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
« Reply #2393 on: June 17, 2015, 04:00:58 PM »
oH MY VARIOUS DEITIES
THIS IS A WHOLE LOT OF AWESOME
rainbow troll
badassery all around
sksdkjbsd sdhksdjsd sdifkjewberfnjdkskjsd thank you so much!!??

wow i'm getting buried under all these wonderful art trades, how many did I sign up to again?? i regret nothing

I'm so glad you like it ^_^ It was originally just going to be a regular troll, but then rainbow troll kinda just *happened* and there was no way I couldn't roll with something that wacky :P
And I hope you never grow to regret art trades, there's so much fun to be had playing about with these!

Eeeeeugh, I have such a weird schedule now I don't know if I'll have time for a proper art trade for ages. I could maybe just do a coloured sketch or something rather my usual going completely over the top?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 04:53:15 PM by Gwenno »
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

princeofdoom

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Preferred pronouns: he or they
« Reply #2394 on: June 17, 2015, 04:10:52 PM »

I have so much writing to do but if you're up for a short story then feel free to include Ilmari, and I'll write something for you. Eventually.... heh
Native :usa:
Rusty (and other issues) :japan: :france:
Learning :russia:
Starting :finland:

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #2395 on: June 17, 2015, 04:16:46 PM »

Yes to both!

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #2396 on: June 17, 2015, 04:43:10 PM »

I can't draw but I can do.... something.  Runo verse or personalized filk, or something.  Because you know the beach group would need Sara to bring the sunblock, picnic basket, and extra towels.  (This is assuming this is within a day-trip of Mora.  If not, all bets are off.)
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #2397 on: June 17, 2015, 08:08:23 PM »

(Pssst anyone who wants to do an art trade let me know. I quite enjoy doing them)

I'M VERY INTERESTED :3c
YEET

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #2398 on: June 17, 2015, 08:14:36 PM »
OOPS IM ON MOBILE AND EDITING IS DIFFICULT?? I'll just... double post. like a trashlord

more art trades WOOOOO! :D I wanna get in on this beach pic! Just so you know, my skin tone is very blue all over. No tanning here. I get two more freckles then go straight to burn

OK BEFORE I GET KILLED FOR THIS
I MADE AN SSSSONA HUNGER GAMES
DO YOU WANT TO SEE IT
Y E S I'm very interested in this as well O w O
YEET

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #2399 on: June 17, 2015, 11:09:59 PM »
Aeeeeeee! This is so cool, and colours to boot (I feel so spoilt now  ;D ). I think this may be the first time someone's drawn a non crazy expression for a trade and I've got to say I'm quite liking it, makes her look more competent rather than just *enthusiastic* :P I really like the pose and how the movement is shown with the hair as well

These dreamworld Sonjas are pretty darn cool as well if I may say so :) You've good reason to be proud of the seastacks one as it is awesome (the feeling of wind in it is what I like best), and as for blepping on the other I don't think you really did ^_^ It has the same feel as the mossy forests where I live, except for bigger and older (I was waiting to see how the picture would turn out from when you commented on the other thread actually)
aaaaaaaa yay thank you so much praise :*) I'm glad you liked them ^u^
(if I'd had more motivation, the tree and background would have been darker, to match Sonja's colouring, and the forest would have vertical dark/light bands to make it more like trees)

Also, I did better in that hunger-games than I was expecting. Last time someone put me in one of those, I grabbed a sword out of the cornucopia (srsly, Noodly? What did you think you were going to do with *that*??) and promptly got flattened. Which is totally fair, there's no way a sword would be more useful to me than "I ... I have a weapon and I'll use it on you!" "...your arm is twitching from the effort of holding it level." "shaddup"
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05: