Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 841906 times)

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #2235 on: June 13, 2015, 08:09:38 PM »
I was really confused, and then realized that you probably meant this

While I'm thinking of this

...ooops. :D Yes, that's exactly what happened (I managed to somehow instantly forget that the food itself is also called chili).
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Emil

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • my real name is Emil but you can call me Emil
  • Preferred pronouns: *incoherent screaming*
« Reply #2236 on: June 13, 2015, 08:11:16 PM »
Okay, so I've tried to draw/design the 'sonas for SectoBoss (Julian Adamsson) and Emil (you gotta write a bio now, dude)!
emphasis on tried, tell me if you want something different!

I get to be creative now hahahahahahaha oh crap this is gonna end up awful

Emil, to whom I've probably promised 20 drawings in the past

Okay here goes!

Emil hails from a norwegian settlement on the border of Hitra. Coming from a somewhat wealthy farmer family, he wanted more out of life than watching over critters and crops.

Having studied mechanics, he is also a decent medic when no other alternative is available, and is quick, nimble and silent enough to serve the role of a scout, if needed. All this combined, he's more or less a "handyman", though his skills within medicine and first aid is questionable at best. As he said once; "what's different from putting equipment together to putting a person together?"

He's a massive sleepyhead, a bit blunt at times, but overall friendly and wants to be part of something.
He carries with him tools and a bag containing more tools and stuff, and a gun along with a pair of binoculars, just in case.
Though quick to complain when things get heated, with proper focus he has the ability to get the job done well (most of the time).
Is a bad joker. Don't let him tell jokes. Ever.
He is also followed by a fat, lazy and arrogant cat. Though he seems to ignore the cat most of the time, he regularly feeds it whenever it needs sustenance. It doesn't have a name. It's just the fat, unknown cat in orbit around Emil.
It is suggested that he has the potential to become a mage, though he has dismissed any pursuit of such things, as he believes magic is not his schtick at all. Like, seriously. He doesn't want that at all.

Also has a thing for mead. Watch this one carefully.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 08:15:04 PM by Emil »

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2237 on: June 13, 2015, 09:04:03 PM »
Don't let Lára cook.

(It's an ancestral recipe)
[youtube width=300]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdC-kR9MJxU[/youtube]

Bwahahahaha
So hey, is the spider dog puttin' you in the mood for some nice ribs?  *smacks lips in anticipation*
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
  • Forum Prophet (avatar by the incredible mad robin)
« Reply #2238 on: June 13, 2015, 09:22:31 PM »
Bwahahahaha
So hey, is the spider dog puttin' you in the mood for some nice ribs?  *smacks lips in anticipation*
No idea what you're talking about.

I want babyback ribs so bad now you have no idea I haven't had bbq for three months why do you do this to me

Haiz: "So, Ruth, I don't think we should let Lára cook any more..."
Ruth: "What do you mean? She's got it on her resume."
Lára: *dragging a dead spiderdog behind her* "HEY GUYS! Start up the cooking fire, I've got a really good sauce to go with this! You're going to love this recipe, I promise!"
Haiz:
Ruth:
Haiz:
Ruth: "Yeah, I'll take her off the roster immediately."

Allow me to clarify: Lára did not kill the spiderdog. She found it. And since it was already half-cooked it seemed a shame to waste it, and nobody else wanted it, so... stop looking at her that way.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 09:33:55 PM by RandomTexanReader »
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck
:usa:
:vaticancity: Domine, non sum dignus....
:mexico: No habla Espanol
:croatia: Hvala za nishto, dobro za nishto, mali vrag.

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #2239 on: June 13, 2015, 09:35:07 PM »
Huuu so many things, wow, much funny

All the new SSSSonas have been added to the doc, I think, and may I suggest you all head right over here?
YEET

KMK

• Scout
« Reply #2240 on: June 13, 2015, 10:35:35 PM »
Here's a more polished up snippet of my progress so far for my earlier post.

The composition has since quintupled in width (not seen here) because I need to expand it enough for the art collaboration. It's rather refreshing to go back to creating environments again!

I am serious Almond-Goddess, if you ever do a children's book I want to know because I will buy it for my future grandkids. Maybe you could try illustrating Asian myths for children if you don't have a story that you would like to tell.

AuthorOfLight

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • i am just a littol creachur
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2241 on: June 13, 2015, 11:18:24 PM »
Don't let Lára cook.

Beth: *nom nom* Hmm.... maybe a bit more spice? It seems a little mild.
fluent - :usa:
decentish - :mexico:
starting to learn - :finland: :japan:

KMK

• Scout
« Reply #2242 on: June 13, 2015, 11:57:55 PM »
Here is my stats on my character. I do not know what to name her yet. She has a Norwegian father and an Icelandic mother. The cat is an amalgam of three cats I have owned. One was in troth telepathic.

Name:
Sex:      female
Country:   Iceland but father is a Norwegian who came to Iceland to study magic
       and met her mother who was studying also.
Immunity:    yes
Profession:    Scout and mage (Ice)
Language:    icelandic and Norwegian
Skills:       rune magic, sharpshooter, path finder

- Has a polydactal cat, Mynd, who seems to communicate telepathically with her. He is a gray tuxedo marked cat, Grade A. His extra digits give him the scary ability to manipulate bolts and latches. Few things escape his curiosity. He sometimes takes food with his "hand" and eats from it like a person would. His pale green eyes miss nothing.

- Friendly enough but if the party gets too loud or the room too crowded she has a tendency to slip outside.

Fenris

« Reply #2243 on: June 14, 2015, 12:07:46 AM »
Also has a thing for mead. Watch this one carefully.
Seems like Emil and Kurt might get along famously.

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #2244 on: June 14, 2015, 03:26:45 AM »
Emil hails from a norwegian settlement on the border of Hitra.
*yells softly* CHILDHOOD FRIENDS WITH HAAIIIIZZ

(also what's your last name. i mean i know your actual last name but is it the same last name)
you'll know where to find me.

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #2245 on: June 14, 2015, 06:01:30 AM »

It is really good at spotting movement, however.

Estimated outcome: an all out battle involving Gwenno in usual berserk mode.

My sides have been split like a log.

Also I would like to at this point deny that Fimbulvarg's current state has anything to do with the fact that he thought it would be funny to pull my braids at training that morning, although I'll spread a general caution to everyone - leave the braids alone

Pull once for room service, twice for emergency brakes and thrice for the pain train.

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #2246 on: June 14, 2015, 06:01:51 AM »
Don't let Lára cook.

*Takes notes* Don't let Julian drink coffee, don't let Lára cook...

Haiz, I love your drawings, characters seems so alive !
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Almond-Goddess

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #2247 on: June 14, 2015, 07:07:51 AM »

Eee, look at these dorks! And you've managed to get my gal in character. She has a tendency to look at the optimistic side of things, hehe.

I am serious Almond-Goddess, if you ever do a children's book I want to know because I will buy it for my future grandkids. Maybe you could try illustrating Asian myths for children if you don't have a story that you would like to tell.

Hm, I'll consider it! I've actually wanted to illustrate a book for a while, though as you predicted the story's very much still in my head and not in writing.

Also, have another WIP!

Tiffany Hayashi | dA | Tumblr

Emil

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • my real name is Emil but you can call me Emil
  • Preferred pronouns: *incoherent screaming*
« Reply #2248 on: June 14, 2015, 08:04:53 AM »
*yells softly* CHILDHOOD FRIENDS WITH HAAIIIIZZ

(also what's your last name. i mean i know your actual last name but is it the same last name)

I suppose! (it's Strand for those who are curious)

AquaAurion

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2249 on: June 14, 2015, 10:25:50 AM »
Okay, so I've tried to draw/design the 'sonas for SectoBoss (Julian Adamsson) and Emil (you gotta write a bio now, dude)!
emphasis on tried, tell me if you want something different!

SectoBoss, who has already written that fantastic hair dye conversation between Julian and Haiz

Emil, to whom I've probably promised 20 drawings in the past

Both of these look awesome! :D I love how much character there is in your drawings!

RandomTexanReader: Please continue with these little strips, they're so funny :D

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3