Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 843353 times)

koalalou

• Scout
  • Attention Dazzling Heywhat'sthat Dysfunction
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #2115 on: June 09, 2015, 04:04:25 PM »
If this song survived the apocalypse, it makes me happy!
Well, my backstory includes Cape Breton surviving, which would mean a whole crapload of music survived...
which means 'Tell Me Ma' is still going strong xD

and now I've got it stuck in my head lol
thanks Rose xD

Boop-boop-ba-doop~

Rosepieces

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #2116 on: June 09, 2015, 04:09:17 PM »
Well, my backstory includes Cape Breton surviving, which would mean a whole crapload of music survived...
which means 'Tell Me Ma' is still going strong xD

and now I've got it stuck in my head lol
thanks Rose xD
You're welcome. Also, if you haven't already, you should see my filks. One was a long running "What Do You Do With A Mopey Shepherd" and then one was a parody of Red is the Rose

koalalou

• Scout
« Reply #2117 on: June 09, 2015, 04:13:37 PM »
one down, one to go...

here's my side of the art trade for Gwenno, plus bonus of still-sketchy, to clean lines, to coloured!

Rosepieces omg that sounds awesome xD
and now I've got the tune of 'What do you do with a drunken sailor' stuck in my head
I just can't catch a break, can I? xP

Haiz asdfghasdfs that's so cute! I love the pose you ended up choosing!
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 04:22:20 PM by koalalou »

Boop-boop-ba-doop~

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #2118 on: June 09, 2015, 04:31:51 PM »
I MISSED RESPONDING TO THIS HOW COULD I

So Curry showed me this video because it's a really accurate representation of my ssssona's skills as a mechanic

so of course I made a s***post-style copy of it with curry put in there

((what do you mean I should be serious for once?? nahhh))

I also redid the design of my own ssssona, and decided to show it here with a really really crappy sketch

PLease notice the ducks ok, that is kind of a thing
I noticed the ducks so much and whenever I need to cheer up I look at this. This is beautiful. Those gifs give me life

Rosepieces, Bosse is a beautiful character. I'm currently making a high-quality photoshopped cat for you. This is. So great

EDIT: I did it.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 04:49:30 PM by Curry »
YEET

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #2119 on: June 09, 2015, 04:57:24 PM »
RIGHTO finally some visible movement on my art trade front; mad robin drew me wayyyyyyy back in this thread and I decided to make it a trade:

IT'S A MARJA
She seems SO happy ! All is in the arrow ^^
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2120 on: June 09, 2015, 05:18:48 PM »
one down, one to go...

here's my side of the art trade for Gwenno, plus bonus of still-sketchy, to clean lines, to coloured!

Aw hellz yeah!!!!!! This is so awesome and boy do I love how dynamic the pose is and the kickass expression  ;D Oh, and the flying braids, don't forget that those are amazing as well :P
I'm currently working on your trade and Haiz's simultaneously (as well as some other stuff) so we'll see who gets finished first!
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

mad robin

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2121 on: June 09, 2015, 05:27:00 PM »
RIGHTO finally some visible movement on my art trade front; mad robin drew me wayyyyyyy back in this thread and I decided to make it a trade:

IT'S A MARJA

finding a pose was hard
[spoiler]

oh wow oh wow oh wow D:
I know for sure you're brilliant, but every time you do something I still thinking "ohmygod HOW??? Is it magic?"

And I hope this box is not your parcel. Otherwise... whoops.

koalalou

• Scout
« Reply #2122 on: June 09, 2015, 05:33:49 PM »
Aw hellz yeah!!!!!! This is so awesome and boy do I love how dynamic the pose is and the kickass expression  ;D Oh, and the flying braids, don't forget that those are amazing as well :P
I'm currently working on your trade and Haiz's simultaneously (as well as some other stuff) so we'll see who gets finished first!

Asdfghasdfs I'm so glad you like it! I tried really hard with the colours--the I've only got a few coloured pencils to work with so it was pretty interesting, trying to figure out how I was going to do certain things xP

And I can't wait to see, well, everything you're doing, actually xD
The trade especially, but I totes wanna see it all x3

Boop-boop-ba-doop~

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #2123 on: June 09, 2015, 05:34:41 PM »
oh wow oh wow oh wow D:
I know for sure you're brilliant, but every time you do something I still thinking "ohmygod HOW??? Is it magic?"

And I hope this box is not your parcel. Otherwise... whoops.
aaAAaaa I'm glad you like it and gosh so many kind words,, but if you think I'm brilliant, and I think you're brilliant, thEN WHO'S FLYING THE PLANE

*discreetly moves Gwenno's name up a notch on the list of trades-to-do*

also wow there are lotsa really cool things in this thread I haven't commented on again,,, bLANKET APPRECIATION THROW
you'll know where to find me.

koalalou

• Scout
« Reply #2124 on: June 09, 2015, 05:36:31 PM »
aaAAaaa I'm glad you like it and gosh so many kind words,, but if you think I'm brilliant, and I think you're brilliant, thEN WHO'S FLYING THE PLANE

My cat, obvs

Boop-boop-ba-doop~

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2125 on: June 09, 2015, 05:58:06 PM »
Asdfghasdfs I'm so glad you like it! I tried really hard with the colours--the I've only got a few coloured pencils to work with so it was pretty interesting, trying to figure out how I was going to do certain things xP

And I can't wait to see, well, everything you're doing, actually xD
The trade especially, but I totes wanna see it all x3
Hmmmmm yep yep, I like the colours very much as well ^_^ Now that you point it out I can see that your colour pencils were limited, but you've managed to get all the necessary colours there anyway :D (my watercolour thing has 24 colours  which are soooo easy to mix and create new colours, and when I get back to acrylics that has a similar amount of colour freedom, so working with a limited palette is not a problem I've needed to address so kudos to you!)

*discreetly moves Gwenno's name up a notch on the list of trades-to-do*

Ah, yeah it'll probably still be a while seeing as I tend to go crazy overboard and take way longer than I intend on these things  :-\  so no need to skip the queue as there's still a fair chance you'll be finished before me regardless :P

Aaaaand, that would be allOHHOLYMOTHEROFTROLLS!!!!! What madness created this? Okay, right, I'm going to bed now, too much internet for me…..
Rosepieces, Bosse is a beautiful character. I'm currently making a high-quality photoshopped cat for you. This is. So great

EDIT: I did it.

You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

jesty

• Tumblr
  • *twirls around*
« Reply #2126 on: June 09, 2015, 08:34:11 PM »
Wowowow! Haiz, koalalou!!! Awesome art as always. Can't say how much you guys inspire me. *v*

TROLL!!

Weeee! This is for you, Gwenno! Enthusiastically excited to bash a troll's head in mid air while your majestic braids fly around and making lots of noise because why not? You need a spectacular entrance right?  ;)

This is my first time drawing dynamic poses, I hope it looks okay >.< But I had lots of fun drawing your character! ;D
And ahhhh! Alice and you are gonna be in the same Expedition Group. She's gonna be very nervous excited to meet you \o/
"There is no reason to not believe that advancement and revolution will come in the future" ~Arie Selinger
:hat: :betterhat:                                  :usa: :spain:
I will Survive~ :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #2127 on: June 09, 2015, 08:35:30 PM »
Wowowow! Haiz, koalalou!!! Awesome art as always. Can't say how much you guys inspire me. *v*

TROLL!!

Weeee! This is for you, Gwenno! Enthusiastically excited to bash a troll's head in mid air while your majestic braids fly around and making lots of noise because why not? You need a spectacular entrance right?  ;)

This is my first time drawing dynamic poses, I hope it looks okay >.< But I had lots of fun drawing your character! ;D
And ahhhh! Alice and you are gonna be in the same Expedition Group. She's gonna be very nervous excited to meet you \o/
This is ADORABLE!!! I really love your art style so much <3 It's so cute and happy and hhhh yes
YEET

koalalou

• Scout
« Reply #2128 on: June 09, 2015, 09:12:57 PM »
That's adorable jesty! I love her expression! x3

Boop-boop-ba-doop~

BreezeLouise

« Reply #2129 on: June 09, 2015, 09:37:53 PM »
Okay, it's probably about time I got to this. I can't draw, I'm sorry, so I'll mostly be relying on Koalalou (who is most best) for art purposes.

Spoiler: show

(The one on the left)

Name:............................Sabrina
Nationality:...........................U.S.
Area of Birth:.....................Maine
Immunity:.............................Yes
Profession:.....Cartographer/Scout
Language(s):...English (American)

Bio:
Spoiler: show
Born and raised off the coast of Maine, Sabrina spent much of her youth confined to her little island. She had always loved to explore, which was a luxury that had been largely denied to her. It was common to find her sitting in a tree or on a bluff, staring wistfully at the mainland. Before long, she had become familiar with all of the nooks and crannies of the island. During the next few years, a new hobby began to manifest--she began sketching. At first it was just small sketches of her favorite places or what she could see of the mainland and the other islands. As she became more familiar with scale and distances, however, a new idea came to her. She began making maps. At the beginning, their focus was broad, encompassing the entire island. This quickly became repetitive, however, and she quickly moved on to smaller, more highly detailed drawings.

When she became old enough for military service, the choice seemed very natural to her. She signed up a few days after her birthday, and after three of the longest days of her life, she was finally sailing away from the island where she had spent her entire life. Though excited, she couldn't help but feel a tremendous sense of loss at the same time. Things got even worse when she arrived at the military base that would be her home for the next few weeks--as soon as she stepped off the boat, there was a drill sergeant shouting orders at her. She had known it wasn't going to be a picnic, but she hadn't been prepared for that. From there, though, things slowly got better. She began to get used to the discipline and the training, and before she knew it, basic training was over.

She found herself on another boat, this one heading east. Her skillset had earned her a position as a scout, and she was assigned to a detachment that was working closely with the Canadian military. Over the next few years, she was finally able to fulfill her dream of seeing the mainland. Perhaps more importantly, however, it was there that she met Shane Lou. The two quickly became best friends, and Sabrina would request to work with her whenever possible. It was during this time that she found herself on a ship blown far off course and approaching a strange land...
Life is a state of mind.