Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 841900 times)

ParanormalAndroid

Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #2055 on: June 08, 2015, 07:12:12 PM »
Hm
I wouldn't mind making a self-insert, seeing as it looks like harmless fun and would be interesting

Buuuuuut I can't draw for jack so if I were to have 'me' illustrated I'd totally welcome that!!! Though I have no reference photo of myself whatsoever sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo *shrug*
I can't draw either!
Join the club of nagging someone who's good at art until they cave in and draw you!
Great club.

Noodles

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #2056 on: June 08, 2015, 07:34:51 PM »
Hm
I wouldn't mind making a self-insert, seeing as it looks like harmless fun and would be interesting

Buuuuuut I can't draw for jack so if I were to have 'me' illustrated I'd totally welcome that!!! Though I have no reference photo of myself whatsoever sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo *shrug*
If you PM me a description and maybe some clothing-ideas, I can put something together for you.
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

koalalou

• Scout
  • Attention Dazzling Heywhat'sthat Dysfunction
« Reply #2057 on: June 08, 2015, 07:59:02 PM »
so, I remembered I had this lying around...this was my attempt to fix up my original reference image sketch and put some colour into it...except I only had two different shades of green, one red, one brown, and a black coloured pencil to work with.
> 3<
not only that, but its been so long since I've used a traditional medium to colour my art...let's never let me near the coloured pencils again, okay?

its funny how even in my dreamworld outfit, there's no purple in any of my outfits. Purple is my favourite colour, yet I haven't used it anywhere O vo;; that's not normal for me

Boop-boop-ba-doop~

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #2058 on: June 08, 2015, 08:06:24 PM »
Haha, I've been lurking around here waiting to post this. But photoshop is both new to me and extraordinarily uncooperative on my computer, so here's hoping it turned out for the best. So without further ado, my self-insert! Woo!  :P

Bio down here:

Spoiler: show

Name: Ana Nimetön
Immunity: Yes
Nationality: Finnish
Area of Birth: Saimaa
Profession: Skald
Languages: Finnish, Icelandic, Danish, can read various pre-rash languages (English, Spanish, French, German)

Bio:

She spent most of her childhood in Finland, where her parents were some of the few Finnish academics. She had a small talent for magic, and so was taught some skills of a mage. However, when she was thirteen, her family moved to Denmark, and she became interested in the old world and its secrets. She became a skald and specialized in deciphering texts in lost languages. She has a collection of old world dictionaries for this purpose, which is her prize possession. She always keeps transcripts of the dictionaries and other supplies in her bag. Being an adventurous and slightly foolhardy soul, her dream is to man an expedition into the silent world to collect all the books she can find.

Hope you all like it!  :)

Yay Ana! Glad to finally meet your character! :D
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

ParanormalAndroid

« Reply #2059 on: June 08, 2015, 08:06:38 PM »
not only that, but its been so long since I've used a traditional medium to colour my art...let's never let me near the coloured pencils again, okay?

No, I think we should- that's amazing! I really like the fact that the shading on the coat only just contrasts with the hair.
Also, you've done a picture with five pencils that I wouldn't be able to match with a full spectrum- skill over equipment and all that, and you've got plenty of the former and just enough of the latter, apparently.

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
  • Forum Prophet (avatar by the incredible mad robin)
« Reply #2060 on: June 08, 2015, 08:24:13 PM »
I'm having a ton of fun with the new Self-insert project. I don't know if my SSSSona would run into Lenny's, but here's some interaction between the two.

And Haiz and Authoroflight are on my team!!! Mage buddies!!!

I think they'd get along pretty well.

I have no idea how to draw Haiz
Also I'm pretty sure that Icelandic Mages treat Runes like the coolest trading cards ever. Nerds.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 08:26:21 PM by RandomTexanReader »
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck
:usa:
:vaticancity: Domine, non sum dignus....
:mexico: No habla Espanol
:croatia: Hvala za nishto, dobro za nishto, mali vrag.

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #2061 on: June 08, 2015, 08:38:56 PM »
Ana, you look great!!! May I direct you to this new thread over here as well?

koalalou colored pencils are my JAM and you seem to be rocking them too! B)

RandomTexasReader...... headcanon accepted. 8)
YEET

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #2062 on: June 08, 2015, 08:43:58 PM »
Ok, I have a question, and it's going to sound really really stupid, but I really haven't had a ton of experience communicating with people on the internet and such (I only text three people regularly that are not related to me, one lives in iceland, one lives in denmark, and one lives in the us) and so I am a bit behind at speaking internet lingo. What is a headcannon? I know cannon is what happens in the story, but what makes something a headcannon?
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
« Reply #2063 on: June 08, 2015, 08:49:06 PM »
Ok, I have a question, and it's going to sound really really stupid, but I really haven't had a ton of experience communicating with people on the internet and such (I only text three people regularly that are not related to me, one lives in iceland, one lives in denmark, and one lives in the us) and so I am a bit behind at speaking internet lingo. What is a headcannon? I know cannon is what happens in the story, but what makes something a headcannon?
Headcanon is what you imagine happens outside of what's shown in the story. It's canon---but in your head.
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #2064 on: June 08, 2015, 08:49:41 PM »
A headcanon is something you personally believe to be true about the characters. Like, example: I headcanon that Emil's hair turns green when put in pool water. This may or may not be true but I believe it (except I don't really, his hair isn't that blond ahaa)
YEET

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #2065 on: June 08, 2015, 08:51:15 PM »
hahahahaaa RandomTexanReader those are hilarious XD
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #2066 on: June 08, 2015, 08:54:19 PM »
A headcanon is something you personally believe to be true about the characters. Like, example: I headcanon that Emil's hair turns green when put in pool water. This may or may not be true but I believe it (except I don't really, his hair isn't that blond ahaa)

Headcanon is what you imagine happens outside of what's shown in the story. It's canon---but in your head.

So anything you want can be a headcannon? Also thank you guys for putting up with my inability to speak internet. :) I'm sure my almost 16 year old little sister would be ashamed of me (she had to teach me about what shipping and cosplay were) :P

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
« Reply #2067 on: June 08, 2015, 08:55:26 PM »
So anything you want can be a headcannon? Also thank you guys for putting up with my inability to speak internet. :) I'm sure my almost 16 year old little sister would be ashamed of me (she had to teach me about what shipping and cosplay were) :P
Consistent with canon, yes. Like I couldn't headcanon that Emil doesn't care about his hair at all---that would be an AU, or Alternate Universe.
John Steinbeck

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #2068 on: June 08, 2015, 08:57:14 PM »
Consistent with canon, yes. Like I couldn't headcanon that Emil doesn't care about his hair at all---that would be an AU, or Alternate Universe.

*takes notes for further reference* This makes sense now. Thank you again! :)

kahli

• Scout
« Reply #2069 on: June 08, 2015, 11:10:17 PM »

I know it's been a few days and I'm late but,  eeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Thank you Gwenno! ;D  It's adorable! I love it!

...(I should really visit this thread more often)
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
Chapter break survivor: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: