Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 843066 times)

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #2025 on: June 07, 2015, 07:42:28 PM »
Also, I really love everybody's character and want to interact with them allllllllll, so perhaps they're on a major expedition with multiple teams going through a largish area (like Copenhagen, but through the entire thing) to divide and conquer then meet up every couple of weeks or so to compare findings and level with each other? Not sure how teams would be chosen, apart from getting a mix of skills and characters in each team depending on roles.
Maybe there are some who go first and scout things out (a majority of scout/mages) and then there are the looting/fighting teams (with most of our limited supply of hunters (5) and cleansers (3 + one in training)) and then there are those who come after and look at what's been looted and also whatever was left behind (probably made up of the more academic/scientific characters plus a couple fighters for support). LAST BUT NOT LEAST, we'd have the highly mobile support team, made up of medics and mechanics. They would have to be prepared to go give support to anybody with a tank breakdown or a missing arm flesh wound.

Oh wait actually there's more! The support team who DOESN'T go out into the silent would would all be chilling somewhere together and staying in touch either through mage-dream-dynamics or radio, something like that.

[/bad ideas] THERE WE GO THAT'S MY SPIEL ON HOW WE SHOULD ALL BE FRIENDS AND LOVE EACH OTHER
It will be GREAT ! :D I knew I could count you in ! (Yes, it's 1h30 AM and I'm still writing ^^°) I began to see too many little interactions... ::) Like, someone who could collect objects and would find some... not perfect explanation for their use. And some more peaceful moments, too. I'll never sleep tonight.

I love that idea because since there're only 3 cleansers it would mean I'd be THE ONLY CLEANSER in my group probably and hoooooo boy would that not end well XD
(Cue whole group being attacked by a giant and Clara being Too Chicken to handle explosives and they barely get out alive)
It's wonderful because
Spoiler: show
something is telling me we will need a cleanser soon ^^
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 07:50:38 PM by Mélusine »
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #2026 on: June 07, 2015, 07:46:45 PM »
I love that idea because since there're only 3 cleansers it would mean I'd be THE ONLY CLEANSER in my group probably and hoooooo boy would that not end well XD
(Cue whole group being attacked by a giant and Clara being Too Chicken to handle explosives and they barely get out alive)

Ahahahahahahahahaah yeah, I'm pretty sure all three cleansers would be split up (sadly ;__; YOU GUYS ARE ALL SO GREAT) unless something reeeally big needed to be done (example being a high-rise or something like that) and Karri's aggressive chemical modifications weren't enough. Karri would probably be the most destructive because although callipygous is Canonically Stupid, Karri is Canonically Stupid And Chemically Experimental, so maybe they wouldn't need to be on a team.

What am I saying they need somebody to tell them to stop. send help. everything will burn and everyone will d i e

It will be GREAT ! :D I knew I could count you in ! (Yes, it's 1h30 AM and I'm still writing ^^°) I began to see too many little interactions... ::) Like, someone who could collect objects and would find some... not perfect explanation for their use. And some more peaceful moments, too. I'll never sleep tonight.
It's wonderful because
Spoiler: show
something is telling me we well need a cleanser soon ^^

Ahhh yessss!!!!! I'm so excited! :))
YEET

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
  • Forum Prophet (avatar by the incredible mad robin)
« Reply #2027 on: June 07, 2015, 07:50:35 PM »
Also, I really love everybody's character and want to interact with them allllllllll, so perhaps they're on a major expedition with multiple teams going through a largish area (like Copenhagen, but through the entire thing) to divide and conquer then meet up every couple of weeks or so to compare findings and level with each other? Not sure how teams would be chosen, apart from getting a mix of skills and characters in each team depending on roles.
Maybe there are some who go first and scout things out (a majority of scout/mages) and then there are the looting/fighting teams (with most of our limited supply of hunters (5) and cleansers (3 + one in training)) and then there are those who come after and look at what's been looted and also whatever was left behind (probably made up of the more academic/scientific characters plus a couple fighters for support). LAST BUT NOT LEAST, we'd have the highly mobile support team, made up of medics and mechanics. They would have to be prepared to go give support to anybody with a tank breakdown or a missing arm flesh wound.

Oh wait actually there's more! The support team who DOESN'T go out into the silent would would all be chilling somewhere together and staying in touch either through mage-dream-dynamics or radio, something like that.

[/bad ideas] THERE WE GO THAT'S MY SPIEL ON HOW WE SHOULD ALL BE FRIENDS AND LOVE EACH OTHER
Can we actually do this? I think it would be a whole lot of fun to see everyone bouncing off of eachother.

Lára will be pretty useless though.... she's far from athletic, her self-defense techniques consist of lots and lots of screaming, she's not very good with runes, and while she can tell you things like "you're going to hear a small sound today and wonder what it is" she can't tell you "it's actually a troll." What with school debt and everything though, she might end up padding her resume just a bit...
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck
:usa:
:vaticancity: Domine, non sum dignus....
:mexico: No habla Espanol
:croatia: Hvala za nishto, dobro za nishto, mali vrag.

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2028 on: June 07, 2015, 07:55:45 PM »
Can we actually do this? I think it would be a whole lot of fun to see everyone bouncing off of eachother.

Lára will be pretty useless though.... she's far from athletic, her self-defense techniques consist of lots and lots of screaming, she's not very good with runes, and while she can tell you things like "you're going to hear a small sound today and wonder what it is" she can't tell you "it's actually a troll." What with school debt and everything though, she might end up padding her resume just a bit...

I'm SO DOWN okay. Like. You have no idea this is what I wanted from the very beginning? I'd be happy to organize the character organization (OCD categorization tendencies, it pleases me) and maybe I should start writing something up about this hmmmm
YEET

Mélusine

« Reply #2029 on: June 07, 2015, 08:19:13 PM »
I'll create a new thread for this project with my promised short novel for Gwenno this week :) Maybe with an other short novel too, and after... after we have a whole world to explore, and I love the idea of different teams meeting ! :D Feel free to think about what you would like to do or see. (Little voice inside : "This project is too big for me, this project is too big for me, what have I done ?") We may think to an organization, but... *Tired* later.
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

AuthorOfLight

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • i am just a littol creachur
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2030 on: June 07, 2015, 08:20:35 PM »

That's an awesome idea! *starry eyes*
Of course, I wouldn't be that much good. (yes I am calling my ssssona 'me' because she's pretty much exactly me except in the ssssverse)
I imagine scenarios like:
Person: Blow up the troll with your magic-y stuff!
Me: Hm? Oh! Of course!
Me: *makes butterflies out of light*
Me: Um, I do know how to do this, hold on a sec...
fluent - :usa:
decentish - :mexico:
starting to learn - :finland: :japan:

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2031 on: June 07, 2015, 08:28:29 PM »
I'll create a new thread for this project with my promised short novel for Gwenno this week :) Maybe with an other short novel too, and after... after we have a whole world to explore, and I love the idea of different teams meeting ! :D Feel free to think about what you would like to do or see. (Little voice inside : "This project is too big for me, this project is too big for me, what have I done ?") We may think to an organization, but... *Tired* later.

Hmmmm yes I might make a thread for the organization? Actually, I'm... I'm not sure...... but you know what having a thread for it would be useful. Actually let me PM you and we shall work out the details B)

Of course, I wouldn't be that much good. (yes I am calling my ssssona 'me' because she's pretty much exactly me except in the ssssverse)

Ahhh I'm so glad you like it! I just really really love character interaction and such • v • I remember when there were like, 5 of us, and we could fit the entire team (full-bodied) on one page. Now there are so many that it's hard for me to make proper ways of interaction up so maybe an overarching scheme would be a good start! :D
YEET

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
« Reply #2032 on: June 07, 2015, 08:37:02 PM »
If our SSSSonas end up on a team together people are going to die.

Lára: "Waitwaitwait I think somebody gave me a thing for this---" *rummages frantically through pockets*
Beth: *more butterflies*
Person: "Guys."
Lára: "I've got a thing, I promise!"
Beth: *bigger butterflies*
Person: "GUYS."
Lára: "WAIT! YES! I'VE GOT IT!" *throws rune at troll*
*toink*
*nothing happens*
Person: "..."
Lára: "Oh. Um. I don't think that's how it works..."
Beth: "Wait, I think I've got it this time!"
Person: "Why do I even try."
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck

koalalou

• Scout
  • Attention Dazzling Heywhat'sthat Dysfunction
« Reply #2033 on: June 07, 2015, 08:43:14 PM »
This is going to be beautiful~

Boop-boop-ba-doop~

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2034 on: June 07, 2015, 08:48:28 PM »
If our SSSSonas end up on a team together people are going to die.

Lára: "Waitwaitwait I think somebody gave me a thing for this---" *rummages frantically through pockets*
Beth: *more butterflies*
Person: "Guys."
Lára: "I've got a thing, I promise!"
Beth: *bigger butterflies*
Person: "GUYS."
Lára: "WAIT! YES! I'VE GOT IT!" *throws rune at troll*
*toink*
*nothing happens*
Person: "..."
Lára: "Oh. Um. I don't think that's how it works..."
Beth: "Wait, I think I've got it this time!"
Person: "Why do I even try."

Karri: *appears* "HMMM I MADE A NEW THING RECENTLY!! LEMME TRY IT OUT" *throws flare at troll*
*fizzles for a couple seconds, then pink smoke starts coming out of both ends*
Lára: "Uh."
Beth: "Maybe if I just..." *even more butterflies
Karri: "Okay yeah that didn't work. Back to the drawing board. GRAND SIGH, I GOTTA PULL OUT THE BIG GUNS NOW"

the entire block was decimated and no books made it out alive (except for one paperback copy of the third Twilight)
YEET

Keeper

• Ranger
  • Child of the Sun
« Reply #2035 on: June 07, 2015, 08:51:28 PM »
I feel like some team would come across my self-insert and she/I would just say, "Please don't blow up this block and don't get yourselves killed. I'll come help if I hear screaming. Good luck."
:chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :book3: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :book4:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

Mark my words, it's not quite what you thought.

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
« Reply #2036 on: June 07, 2015, 08:59:03 PM »
Karri: *appears* "HMMM I MADE A NEW THING RECENTLY!! LEMME TRY IT OUT" *throws flare at troll*
*fizzles for a couple seconds, then pink smoke starts coming out of both ends*
Lára: "Uh."
Beth: "Maybe if I just..." *even more butterflies
Karri: "Okay yeah that didn't work. Back to the drawing board. GRAND SIGH, I GOTTA PULL OUT THE BIG GUNS NOW"

the entire block was decimated and no books made it out alive (except for one paperback copy of the third Twilight)
Karri: "Sorry about that. But we've got one book, right?"
Lára: "Yeah."
Beth: "But... that book?"
Lára: "I'll make a different cover for it."
Lára, NO.
John Steinbeck

koalalou

• Scout
  • Attention Dazzling Heywhat'sthat Dysfunction
« Reply #2037 on: June 07, 2015, 09:11:36 PM »
I watch this and can somehow imagine my self-insert standing somewhere off to the side, Jabberwocky in my arms.
 Me: Jabbers, what are these silly viking people doing? //is still convinced that every person she meets in this strange land is one of the Vikings she's read about in books//

Hooray for my self-insert. Perpetually confused by the language barrier and slight culture shock xD

Boop-boop-ba-doop~

Mélusine

« Reply #2038 on: June 07, 2015, 09:13:18 PM »
This is going to be beautiful~
Oh yes ! :D

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2039 on: June 07, 2015, 09:30:22 PM »
Oh yes ! :D

It most definitely shall! :D

I'm actually making a tentative new thread for organization of teams and such as well as people signing up for the possible teams, however that is organized 8)
YEET