Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 842244 times)

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #1905 on: June 05, 2015, 09:22:41 PM »
Hey guys! Mind if I butt in, even if I'm really late to the party?

Tiny lefties unite! She's adorable and sounds awesome! I love the hair :)

- Loves her stuff. Will resent people who borrow her things without asking or shows little respect for her property in other way.

and also YES, me too. Very much. :P

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #1906 on: June 05, 2015, 09:30:38 PM »
Ahh welcome everybody! Keeper, I got you onto the doc earlier, and North, I will add your information in a little bit! (I LOVE YOUR ART STYLE HHH)

Okay, so Curry keeps nagging me to create a 'sona, but um, I can't draw.
Halp?
hhHHHHOHOHO I MISSED THIS! I will gladly draw you! :D (And yes, of course I'm nagging you. A l w a y s   m o r e   s s s s o n a s)
YEET

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #1907 on: June 05, 2015, 10:18:25 PM »
Tiny lefties unite!

Watch out right handed people, we are getting bigger! ;)
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1908 on: June 05, 2015, 10:34:08 PM »
Blanket thanks to those who commented on my magic girl! :)

I finally finished my half of the art trade with Gwenno! Your OC was so full of life and REALLY FUN TO DRAW :0 I love her outfit and I prooobably messed the colors up a lot, but I tried to stay with the general idea.

I figure that she was on an expedition and there was an option to either climb back down a very tall building slowly and painstakingly carefully or take the more adventurous bungee-jumping quick route, and naturally, she took the shortcut 8)
This is beautiful! I love the pose and you can totally see how she thinks this is the most best idea ever.

Well, this is going to pale in comparison to all of the great art that's happened in the last few pages--but here I am with my Jabberwock, a Magical Girl and her Magical Animal Companion

Oh, I love it :D I really like the simplicity of it and how coordinated it feels :) Did she use to have wings?

Haiz: I'd love to trade if you're still up for it (there's so many people already)

Laufey: Dream troll looks awesome and I really like the year 0 version as well (though I thought it was Sigrun at first xD)

RandomTexanReader: Hahah, I guess those kind of visions could be awesome for pulling pranks on people ^^

Keeper: She survived on her own in the Silent world for two years? :o that's awesome!

North: Such a little cutie :D I like your style!

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

koalalou

• Scout
  • Attention Dazzling Heywhat'sthat Dysfunction
« Reply #1909 on: June 05, 2015, 11:39:11 PM »
Did she use to have wings?

HowdidyouseethatIthoughtIerasedthose

But yeah
When I get around to colouring it I'll probs draw them back in
They...may have been slightly stylized wings made of light/magic...//shifty eyes//

Boop-boop-ba-doop~

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1910 on: June 06, 2015, 03:26:55 AM »
HowdidyouseethatIthoughtIerasedthose

But yeah
When I get around to colouring it I'll probs draw them back in
They...may have been slightly stylized wings made of light/magic...//shifty eyes//
Kufufufufu~ You can't hide anything from me!

They're still slightly visible ;) they had me thinking of this show I watched when I was younger (winx?) It could look really nice if you'd just color them and not added any outline (to give a more light/magic feeling to them) ^w^

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #1911 on: June 06, 2015, 05:35:50 AM »
Haiz: I'd love to trade if you're still up for it (there's so many people already)
I'll add you to the list! We'll see how well it goes, but you know the saying "the to-draw list can never be too long!", right? what do you mean that's a complete nonsense saying

EEE
behold, the WARRIOR WOLF-BUN

I'm sure the hairdye incident went something like Haiz being all "hmrmmhmhmh why do people mistake HER gender all the time?? why can't people be confused about MY appearance? why is it always young lady at me? I'll... no, don't zap her. definitely don't zap her. she seems cool. you should befriend her. don't zap-"
*zaps*
"oh NO
oh nOOOOOO what did I do
wait it looks cool
it looks really cool actually
........I have to befriend her now"
you'll know where to find me.

ParanormalAndroid

« Reply #1912 on: June 06, 2015, 06:57:42 AM »
Ohnopeoplenoticed
RandomTexan: I'm pretty sure you can draw, but as you will. I'll probably take you up on that offer as soon as I can get enough written detail so the character's more than a stickman with long hair.
Curry: The same applies, only I'm *most certain* that you can draw, but I need to get some proper written detail so you actually get it.
(Did I start an art duel?)
(I think I did)
Anyway, watch this me-shaped space and I'll get back to both of you, probably via PM so I don't embarrass myself too much.
Also, thanks for taking pity on someone who genuinely cannot draw anything past stickmen!

North

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • i am rage incarnate. your world shall burn.
« Reply #1913 on: June 06, 2015, 07:43:04 AM »
Always glad to see a new face!
I relate to the hoarding thing so. much. My pocket litter ... :P
Hey hey, more tiny lefties!
No, you're not OP. I mean, everybody here has various awesome skills. She looks pretty cool.
I just did a MASSIVE clean-up of my room and I found birthday cards from like... four years ago oTL
I mean, she's not particularly good at troll hunting and stuff and she's/I'm not that cool, so I just hope I don't come off a lot cooler than I am. Although I probably think I'm a bit cooler than I actually am already  ::)

Then we both had this 'aha' moment where I looked at the half-body go Martine with her hair up and went 'Sokka?' then had to mentally smack myself for the nerd moment

but omg I love your style--I can't wait to see more from you!
... YOU'RE RIGHT THO IT DOES LOOK LIKE SOKKA
Thank you! I have no idea what my style is (except not consistent in style or quality), sometimes I draw more realistic than this but I can't draw realistic stuff digitally to save my life. I've so much great art here I can't wait to be a part of it! ;v;

Tiny lefties unite! She's adorable and sounds awesome! I love the hair :)
Looks like there's a lot of tiny lefties here :D Thanks, I started bleaching it IRL not too long ago and I really like it myself ;v; (although I still frown when people call me blonde. takes a while to get used to, I guess)

North, I will add your information in a little bit! (I LOVE YOUR ART STYLE HHH)
!!!!! Thank you! AAAA I always get really happy when people like my stuff ;v; (warning it's not very consistent in any way)

North: Such a little cutie :D I like your style!
Thank you so much! ;v; really really tiny cutie

EEE
behold, the WARRIOR WOLF-BUN
I AM THE WARRIOR. IT IS ME

I'm sure the hairdye incident went something like Haiz being all "hmrmmhmhmh why do people mistake HER gender all the time?? why can't people be confused about MY appearance? why is it always young lady at me? I'll... no, don't zap her. definitely don't zap her. she seems cool. you should befriend her. don't zap-"
*zaps*
"oh NO
oh nOOOOOO what did I do
wait it looks cool
it looks really cool actually
........I have to befriend her now"
dude that's totally how it went
also p sure i LOVED the hair and that's how we became friends
Fluent: :norway: :uk:
Newbie: :germany: :russia:
Pronouns: she/her

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
« Reply #1914 on: June 06, 2015, 07:55:45 AM »
Haiz - okay sure, lets make it an art trade :) I've been itching to draw the magesona outfit for a while now anyway

North - What is this? Another troll hunter from Svolvær? BESTIES!!!!!! (Or rivals I guess, both are pretty fun :P ) I agree with the others in that your style is super cool, and you seem to have a pretty fleshed out ssssona there so I look forwards to seeing more of your stuff ^_^

Keeper - Yesssss, emerge from the margins of notebooks and join us! I really like to outfit, seems like it would be just the thing for staying nice and warm and safe in the silent world
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1915 on: June 06, 2015, 08:24:09 AM »
Had something of a crazy moment and decided to do the thing - how hard can it be right?
Anyway, finally finished and I hope people like how they were drawn  ;D It's sorta in alphabetical order except for the new people who just got placed wherever I was at the time, and Melusine who doesn't have a slide in the info dump yet so ended up at the end :(

Poses got better and more creative as it went along so sorry to the people at the start of the alphabet. Also sorry to the people who were drawn while I was binge-listening to eurovision music, erm, those ones turned out a bit weird…..

Roleplay doc

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #1916 on: June 06, 2015, 08:30:50 AM »

IT ME! You get a draw! Everybody( who I owe) gets a draw!

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1917 on: June 06, 2015, 08:33:43 AM »

IT ME! You get a draw! Everybody( who I owe) gets a draw!

YAAAAAAY!!!! I get a draw :3

Roleplay doc

North

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1918 on: June 06, 2015, 08:45:01 AM »
North - What is this? Another troll hunter from Svolvær? BESTIES!!!!!! (Or rivals I guess, both are pretty fun :P )
YESS! I just wanted to be from as far north as I could, tbh. I'm actaully from an area right next to Senja, but seems like there's not much left of Northern Norway :(
Maybe a mix of both? Nothing wrong with some friendly competition eve

I agree with the others in that your style is super cool, and you seem to have a pretty fleshed out ssssona there so I look forwards to seeing more of your stuff ^_^
Thank you so much! ;v; I am used to making characters, although not fandom-related, and this time it was really easily with background/personality/random info as I could just pick stuff from my life. The charm of self-inserts!
I took a look at your character from the SSSSona Infodump, and she looks really cool as well!! They/we should definitely go hunting together sometime.

North

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1919 on: June 06, 2015, 08:53:58 AM »
Spoiler: show

oh my god!!! oh m yg OD!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
you even drew me and i only posted my ssssona like yesterday

;o; <333
It looks really really good, and you even remembered the FRECKLES!! The freckles are very important to me. I love the pose, it looks really cool aaaaaaa ;v; creds to you for managing to do all of them, I'm impressed!