Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 842395 times)

Solokov

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Live life, start chaos.
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #1875 on: June 04, 2015, 11:17:44 PM »
I'm going to be a word nerd, but I personally wouldn't use the term "changeling." 

Historically, that was used to refer to children taken by the fairies in European legends -- either the human children taken (as in this poem by Yeats), or the inferior, not-quite-human substitutes the fairies left in exchange.  (From an anthropological standpoint, changeling tales probably were an attempt to explain special-needs children -- autistic, dwarfed, made blind or deaf by childhood illness, etc.)

"Wildling" as it's used in "A Game of Thrones" sounds like a very good match for your concept -- people who could be any combination of outcasts, criminals, savages, foreigners, or cooperating with Dark Powers (White Walkers in "Thrones," Rash-Monsters here). 

If you don't want to use that term, maybe "barbarians"?  "Silent Folk"?  "Illegals"?

Fair enough, Wildling it is.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

koalalou

• Scout
  • Attention Dazzling Heywhat'sthat Dysfunction
« Reply #1876 on: June 05, 2015, 12:11:05 AM »
So, if anyone is interested--I'll be completing the Magical Girl challenge soon. Just doing some inking...gods there's so many hearts. How did I end up with hearts when I set out to draw an outfit with ribbons and bows? //rests face in hands//

Boop-boop-ba-doop~

AquaAurion

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1877 on: June 05, 2015, 12:17:26 AM »
And yes, she has a dreamworld persona.

THIS. EXACTLY THIS.

this time with tiara. my soul is at peace now
(also it doesn't look a lot like Haiz at all anymore, but for the record I can floof my hair up like that)
Those eyes are staring into my soul O_O I seriously love all the floof xD

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
« Reply #1878 on: June 05, 2015, 01:47:45 AM »
RealRedCloudYT: Eeeee knife throwing buddies!! *highfives*

Just some sketchy sketch to get a feel for Alice (and a bit of info):
Spoiler: show
   Pfft, what is "consistency"? (oh whaaat? A mysterious Karri has appeared what could this foreshadow? :U)

I drew some of her throwing knives, she probably has a few 8 inch ones and her big baby: a Cold Steel Sure Balance, 13.4 inches. They are not the most expensive nor the greatest of them all, but they are good enough.
Oh look that kitty plushie that I talked about in her info! It has a heart on its chest! She keeps it in her pouch that clips to her belt :P
Aaaaand one more thing, that thing Alice has on her neck is actually a scarf that she sewed on top her tunic, it wraps around, pins together and is loose from there. So on cold days, Alice unpins it and wraps it around her neck :3
If you're confused, don't worry, I will post an info dump on how Alice's clothes work, sometime soon! :D 

Heh yassss *highfives back*
And those sketches are so cool! :3

Aren't you kinda young to be throwing around metal sticks of death

No?
Maybe I'm not to young for that because I used a gun when I was 4 (my parents were there too)
I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #1879 on: June 05, 2015, 01:25:51 PM »
I finally finished my half of the art trade with Gwenno! Your OC was so full of life and REALLY FUN TO DRAW :0 I love her outfit and I prooobably messed the colors up a lot, but I tried to stay with the general idea.

I figure that she was on an expedition and there was an option to either climb back down a very tall building slowly and painstakingly carefully or take the more adventurous bungee-jumping quick route, and naturally, she took the shortcut 8)
YEET

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1880 on: June 05, 2015, 01:31:26 PM »
Helooooo, what's this? Everyone is a magical girl? Room for one more guys? It looks like y'all have managed to embrace the concept very quickly and the collection is looking mighty swell!  ;D (Also welcome to Jesty and Feartheviolas - your sonas are mega cute and look like they'll be fitting in just fine ^_^ ).

I also made a lil comic for my sona's reaction blorptroll, because why not :P

WAIT HOLY WOW CURRY!!!!!!!!!! This got posted as I was typing the rest so most excellent timing ^_^ I LOVE IT! This is amazing and so vibrant and fun and I'm loosing the ability for coherent speech eeeeEeEeEEEEEKKKKKKkkk!!!!!!! Colours are not messed up at all don't be silly it is just too awesome *eeeeeeekkk* thank you so much Curry!

Edit: and the bungee jumping scenario is 100% exactly what would happen because of course that's the best if not ONLY way to get down the building if you have the option :P
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 01:39:06 PM by Gwenno »
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #1881 on: June 05, 2015, 01:46:23 PM »

I figure that she was on an expedition and there was an option to either climb back down a very tall building slowly and painstakingly carefully or take the more adventurous bungee-jumping quick route, and naturally, she took the shortcut 8)
[Imagines effect of the "harness" shown when rope pulls taut] :o

Invention of the pushdown bra in 3, 2, 1 ... :(
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

koalalou

• Scout
« Reply #1882 on: June 05, 2015, 01:50:56 PM »
I finally finished my half of the art trade with Gwenno! Your OC was so full of life and REALLY FUN TO DRAW :0 I love her outfit and I prooobably messed the colors up a lot, but I tried to stay with the general idea.

omg Curry that puts all of my dynamic poses to shame--the whole thing is so well done! I just
I can't
words?
what are words

omg lol that hadn't even crossed my mind, but now that you mention it... //winces//

Well, this is going to pale in comparison to all of the great art that's happened in the last few pages--but here I am with my Jabberwock, a Magical Girl and her Magical Animal Companion

Boop-boop-ba-doop~

tabeabd

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • DeviantArt
  • I need coffee
« Reply #1883 on: June 05, 2015, 01:53:33 PM »

THIS LOOKS AWESOME.
And there's more magical girls! Haiz and AquaAurion, those are fab! :D
Jesty, I know your feel on consistency. Your drawing looks pretty consistent to me though!

And thanks for the nice things about mine <3

Edit: Sudden amazing magical girl from Koalalou appears!
Fluent::usa: 
Intermediate but rusty::germany:
Learning: 
Should know but doesn't::brazil:

:chap4::chap5::chap6::chap7:

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #1884 on: June 05, 2015, 02:03:10 PM »
Ahhh Gwenno I'm glad you like it! I LOVE both your magical girl SSSSona and the reaction to blorptroll (still sitting here giggling quietly...)

Ahaha, yeah, as I was drawing it I was thinking "this is an incredibly stupid idea and nobody should ever do anything like this" which means 30% more in-character for an overenthusiastic troll huntress, I guess 8)

Also, koalalou, that is an ADORABLE magical girl design! I love how not even Jabberwocky could escape the kawaii. Alllllll the hearts and glitter :D

Also, I felt like I had to step up my art trade game and you know, also improve my handle of dynamic poses, the usual v__v

tabea you posted this while I was typing but thank you so much too! :D
YEET

KMK

• Scout
« Reply #1885 on: June 05, 2015, 03:58:07 PM »
Idk why I even bother posting art because it will never amount to ALL OF YOUR AWESOOMEENEESSSS 
but since some of you have drawn your dreamscape outfits I thought I'd try

I don't know what you are talking about. This is awesome.

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #1886 on: June 05, 2015, 04:19:49 PM »
I want to comment on all the contributions that have arrived since I checked in last, but ugh, so tired!
So a blanket "wow!" for Kickn'run, Elrew, Gwenno, SolarPoweredGirl, Haiz, Tabea, Aqua, AlmondGodess, Curry, Callipygous, Koalalou and RandomTexanreader.
JoB: Hush ye Oh voice of reason! Lalalalala, she'll be juuuuust fiiiiiiiine!
And Finally welcome to FeartheViolas and Jesty! (Gently nudging newcomer's to give me permission to collect their art here - and that goes for SolarPoweredGirl too - I no longer remember if I remembered to PM you about it or not :o)

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #1887 on: June 05, 2015, 05:02:46 PM »
I also made a lil comic for my sona's reaction blorptroll, because why not :P

HEE HEE HEE >:]

Curry: YOOOOOOOOO*deep breath*OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

koalalou: aahhh cuties!! I think we all make a pretty adorable yet kickass team of mahou shoujos

also hey, anyone else up for art tradin' with me? It'll be a little slow from my side, but it seems like I'm capable of drawing trades this summer after all! I currently have a Marja in the works, but if anyone wants to add to my pile of to-draws, make a noise in my direction~
you'll know where to find me.

koalalou

• Scout
« Reply #1888 on: June 05, 2015, 05:14:23 PM »
//makes noise in Haiz's direction//

I mean, I know we just did one--but I'm always up for an art trade with you guys--I'm usually just feeling too shy to ask :\

Boop-boop-ba-doop~

AuthorOfLight

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • i am just a littol creachur
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1889 on: June 05, 2015, 05:25:23 PM »
also hey, anyone else up for art tradin' with me? It'll be a little slow from my side, but it seems like I'm capable of drawing trades this summer after all! I currently have a Marja in the works, but if anyone wants to add to my pile of to-draws, make a noise in my direction~

*squeaks in your direction*
I'm not the greatest at drawing, but I think it would be super fun. ^.^
fluent - :usa:
decentish - :mexico:
starting to learn - :finland: :japan: