Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 843410 times)

Vafhudr

• Ranger
Re: Nationalities Representin'
« Reply #1515 on: May 20, 2015, 10:41:44 AM »

Nice! Very nice. I see you got some inspiration from the recent updates. ;D
Language: :france::uk:
Some notions: :vaticancity: :greece:
A nostalgia for utopia...

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #1516 on: May 20, 2015, 12:29:13 PM »
Alright guys, I'm finally done with these art trades! :D

RealRedCloudYT, sorry for taking so long to finish yours! I did linework with a bit of shading/flat tones on yours because I'm pretty sure that's what you did too :0

koalalou, I don't know how detailed you were going to go, so I just did linework and full shading • v • (plus Jabberwocky because what a cute cat omg)

Gwenno, those wonky sketches on the bottom are all pose iterations for your trade! (except that one with the leg up. I don't know what that is. :I ) If you see one that really stands out to you tell me, because personally, I'm torn between two and I can't decide and you know you best of course!

That brings me down to... one art trade in my to-do list! So, if anybody wants to do one with me, I'm open for more! :D
YEET

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1517 on: May 20, 2015, 01:53:30 PM »

Gwenno, those wonky sketches on the bottom are all pose iterations for your trade! (except that one with the leg up. I don't know what that is. :I ) If you see one that really stands out to you tell me, because personally, I'm torn between two and I can't decide and you know you best of course!

That brings me down to... one art trade in my to-do list! So, if anybody wants to do one with me, I'm open for more! :D

Deym Curry, you had way more art trades to do than me and still it looks like you'll be finishing first at this rate! These ones are pretty sweet however. Heheh, I envy your ability to make realistic looking clothing (and hair, but that goes without saying :P ). As for poses I'm pretty spoilt with these pics ^_^ each one looks like they're telling a different story, and boy to I love my stories :P I think my favourite has to be the jumping/falling one on the far right (although crouching and cocky sitting down look fun too), mostly because I just want to get some context for it, and also I love the way the hair is acting  ;D

Because Mélusine didn't have a visible character when I started the trade (before she posted the picture yesterday) I've been designing her features and clothes based on the information in her story and also some insight from Mélusine herself. Here's what I have so far, and once it's been okayed I'll go ahead and paint her within the story (which I'm pretty excited about because I've a fun idea I want to play about with sooooon!). *ahem*, anyway the sketches:
Waking world:Dreamland first concept design:Dreamland full body:

AquaAurion - that's really pretty, the dreamland colouring and the mist make it look ethereal and Vafhudr looks really pensive in the setting. The ripples are my favourite thing though ^_^ they make me think of footsteps on water

Almond-Goddess - After all those trades you deserve to draw your falconer gal! The two new outfits are lovely (awesome hannuvannukah pjs there :P), but it's the bed hair that really makes it!

KicknRun - impressive feat! This is why I'm glad my name is at the start-ish of the alphabet :P You even did some colours which I don't think anyone's done before for an everybody draw ^_^ awesome job!

Noodly Appendage - Ah, I like the hair and the fabric for this one as well, and the expression on Cil's face is just lovely. I always find hands difficult, but you seemed to have managed to make it look non weird even from a side view (ah the small things which impress me  ::) )
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
« Reply #1518 on: May 20, 2015, 04:41:40 PM »
Alright guys, I'm finally done with these art trades! :D

RealRedCloudYT, sorry for taking so long to finish yours! I did linework with a bit of shading/flat tones on yours because I'm pretty sure that's what you did too :0

OMG CURRY THIS IS BEAUTIFUL ;w; Thank you so much! ^v^!! Also, don't worry if you taked a long time!
I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #1519 on: May 20, 2015, 05:56:54 PM »
Because Mélusine didn't have a visible character when I started the trade (before she posted the picture yesterday) I've been designing her features and clothes based on the information in her story and also some insight from Mélusine herself. Here's what I have so far, and once it's been okayed I'll go ahead and paint her within the story (which I'm pretty excited about because I've a fun idea I want to play about with sooooon!). *ahem*, anyway the sketches:
Waking world:Dreamland first concept design:Dreamland full body:
Hiiiiiii ! :D *Skips skips claps her hands*
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1520 on: May 20, 2015, 10:06:38 PM »
HELLO AGAIN
I MADE A TROLL AND IT DOESN'T BLART OR MAKE ACCORDION NOISES (only whispery hornet sounds) BUT MAYBE IT CAN TAKE SOME OF THE VIOLENCE OFF LAUFEY?? whenever it's just general troll-smashing that is 8)
It's kind of ugly, so here's the picture under a spoiler!
Spoiler: show

And also here's an animation how it opens its giant maw! There aren't enough muscles in that skinny little second neck to open it, so it has to manually do so :I

name proposition: :V
YEET

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1521 on: May 20, 2015, 11:48:14 PM »
I! have!! done it!!! I am done!!
I'm rewarding myself with ice cream :D

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Vafhudr

• Ranger
« Reply #1522 on: May 21, 2015, 12:10:45 AM »
HELLO AGAIN
I MADE A TROLL AND IT DOESN'T BLART OR MAKE ACCORDION NOISES (only whispery hornet sounds) BUT MAYBE IT CAN TAKE SOME OF THE VIOLENCE OFF LAUFEY?? whenever it's just general troll-smashing that is 8)

And also here's an animation how it opens its giant maw! There aren't enough muscles in that skinny little second neck to open it, so it has to manually do so :I

Well that's nightmarish. Silent Hill material right there.

As for a name - Slackjaw?

Hey look, it's me!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91nQLYH0cy4
Language: :france::uk:
Some notions: :vaticancity: :greece:
A nostalgia for utopia...

KauniitaUnia

• Scout
  • boldly going nowhere
« Reply #1523 on: May 21, 2015, 02:11:36 AM »
HELLO AGAIN

That is fantastically creepy :D The way it opens its mouth just serves to add a whole other element of horror!
Now I can't help imagining scenarios where it might creep up on me in the night //shudders
Fluent - :uk:
Learning - :sweden: :france:
Would love to learn - :finland:
Survived - :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :chap9::chap10:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #1524 on: May 21, 2015, 02:45:26 AM »
AquaAurion: wow, that's beautiful O:

Piney: CONGRATS U MADE IT. everyone looks awesome

Gwenno: oh goshhh Mélusine's character looks adorable O: O: O:

Curry: your art trades look fantastic but

:V

nO BUT THIS IS VERY GOOD IMAGINE THE POTENTIAL, imagine :Vtroll trying to chomp after people by manually repeatedly clamping its head up and down against the jaw phfhfhhhhfh
you'll know where to find me.

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #1525 on: May 21, 2015, 04:04:47 AM »

*accordion polka*

I wake up, get my morning coffee and the first thing I see is the :V-troll, this is going to be an awesome day! Yessss join the troll squad yesss (although I'm also having this hilarious mental image of a manually chomping troll)!  ;D

Btw it's a brilliantly creepy design, very appropriate for SSSS!
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #1526 on: May 21, 2015, 04:52:54 AM »
HELLO AGAIN

That's pretty cool, and the animation is especially cool. It seems so ... elegant, refined. I propose the name Lord Trolldemort. Or Jawful. Or just :V

You did the thing, ice cream buffet for you!

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1527 on: May 21, 2015, 08:24:54 AM »
Nice! Very nice. I see you got some inspiration from the recent updates. ;D
Thank you, I'm happy you like it :D I couldn't resist trying to draw the dreamworld after the last couple of updates ^^

Curry: Youre trades look really neat =D And holy wow that's a creepy troll! I get goosebumps from it opening its mouth (◎n◎)

Gwenno: Thank you so much! =D I tried to get that mystical feeling that Minna has created. The ripples are actually supposed to be footsteps ^^ There are some hard to spot rocks under them!

Piney: They look wonderful :) I'm impressed you drew everyone!

Haiz: Thank you! (σ‿σ)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 08:26:33 AM by AquaAurion »

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1528 on: May 21, 2015, 09:24:26 AM »
Thank you all! It was really fun to do and it only took like an hour and a half, so perhaps expect more detailed animations eventually? • v •
All of you guys described it as elegant, so naturally I had to ruin it.

Oops.

Fimbulvarg, how about Lord Trolldemort the Jawful :V
and I agree it's not a very practical troll. Probably best suited for sneaking up on people and hoping people punch it in the face? Either that or using some of its limbs (I'M SORRY I WENT OVERBOARD 15 IS A LOT ISN'T IT) to hold people in place until it figures out what is happening with its face... there are lots of possibilities here and none of them are very cute :I

Gwenno, I forgot to say this earlier (got WAY TOO EXCITED ABOUT TROLL) but those are adorable draws of Mélusine! :D I think the falling/jumping one would be really fun to draw and I could think up a pretty good scenario for that ;)

Piney that is SO IMPRESSIVE GOOD JOB huuuuu that reminds me that I need to catch up on drawing you lovely people...
YEET

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #1529 on: May 21, 2015, 09:29:22 AM »
All of you guys described it as elegant, so naturally I had to ruin it.

*pacman noises*

and ohhhhh, I do like the sound of Lord Trolldemort the Jawful :V
(for a short name, Jawful is pretty great tho)
you'll know where to find me.