Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 841983 times)

tabeabd

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • DeviantArt
  • I need coffee
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #1395 on: May 14, 2015, 04:16:23 PM »
Haiz would be all "oooOOOH COOL THAT MAKES SENSE" and try to fit it like a puzzlepiece into all the other myths ze has ever heard, because ze believes in everything at the same time.

Also I accidentally put wayy to much effort into a thing again

who knows, maybe I'll even do my art trades soon too ahaha ha

Oh my gosh this is beautiful *A* the colors are gorgeous
Fluent::usa: 
Intermediate but rusty::germany:
Learning: 
Should know but doesn't::brazil:

:chap4::chap5::chap6::chap7:

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
« Reply #1396 on: May 14, 2015, 04:18:03 PM »
As always, I missed all 7-7
Anyways, all of this is awesome! <:0!
I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #1397 on: May 14, 2015, 05:21:35 PM »
sdjndsjsdkjhsd thank you so much for all your comments!!!

Haiz, one more time, it's gorgeous ! I particularly like the way ze (Am I right ?) sleep. (There is a word for that, but I don't find/know it in english.)
(You are right! I mean it's techniclaly ze sleeps, but you got the pronoun right hahaha)
((hmmMm 'sleeping position' maybe?? also thanks))

*Stares at beauty of the thing for hours*……
Well I for one have no problem with you accidentally putting too much effort into a thing, so long as we get to see the results afterwards :D
(GOOD BECAUSE I SPENT HOURS STARING AT IT TOO)
ahaha you can count on that.... by 'accidentally' i mean "I'll just draw this thing really quick and then I'll read some art history! HOW HARD CAN IT BE"

The pleasures of being a mage - so many cool things to paint and draw.
darn right

That's it, I'm signing up to be a mage. Where's the recruitment office. What do you mean "you need talent/can't sign up at your age"!?

Well, fine, troll-trouncing is magic enough for me, with or without that incredibly fancy dreamscape stuff.
I have to admit, trying to imagine you as a mage is very entertaining

I have some progress pictures actually!!
Spoiler: show

my process is to
1) draw sketch in real life
2) take a low-quality phone photo of it
3) up the contrast in photoshop
3,5) and in this case also paste a sketch I did on another page in my sketchbook that just looked a lot better than any attempt at imitating it
4) open sketch in firealpaca and paint over everything in the same layer because i hate myself iT WORKS

painting the sky was very fun! I also planned to have more cool stuffs in my little dremworld boat, like a reindeer antler (which can be found in the sketch) and a sami runebomme but I gave up on that one pretty early. I still have little idea about how the SSSS-verse dreamworld actually works but hopefully I didn't do anything too crazy (i mean. apart from spending all day on this instead of poor neglected responsibilities)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 05:23:57 PM by Haiz »
you'll know where to find me.

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #1398 on: May 14, 2015, 05:41:30 PM »
I have to admit, trying to imagine you as a mage is very entertaining

*gets popcorn*
*gets beer*
*puts a few kilometres of distance in between*

I'm prepared.

Btw I love seeing progress shots! It's like watching magic while it's happening.
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #1399 on: May 14, 2015, 05:42:03 PM »
(You are right! I mean it's techniclaly ze sleeps, but you got the pronoun right hahaha)
((hmmMm 'sleeping position' maybe?? also thanks))
:-[ I promise, I will improve my english. (Moreover, I knew it -__- Tsss, I hate when I make mistakes bigger than me. Thanks for letting me know.)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #1400 on: May 14, 2015, 05:54:45 PM »
:-[ I promise, I will improve my english. (Moreover, I knew it -__- Tsss, I hate when I make mistakes bigger than me. Thanks for letting me know.)
Whaaat, that's not something you have to promise!! It's not your first language and it makes me sad that people are apoligizing for not being perfect at a language that isn't their first (and which became as 'default' it is thanks to colonialism, and people who insist everyone speak perfectly english((or norwegian, for that matter)) rub me the wrong way)
Also after putting a paranthesis there, no wonder you got thrown off the spelling rythm

*gets popcorn*
*gets beer*
*puts a few kilometres of distance in between*

I'm prepared.
don't think the kilometres are gonna help you much

I now imagine Sunflower going all McGonagall on us like "Why is it, when something happens, it is always you three?"

Mélusine

« Reply #1401 on: May 14, 2015, 06:08:34 PM »
Whaaat, that's not something you have to promise!! It's not your first language and it makes me sad that people are apoligizing for not being perfect at a language that isn't their first (and which became as 'default' it is thanks to colonialism, and people who insist everyone speak perfectly english((or norwegian, for that matter)) rub me the wrong way)
Also after putting a paranthesis there, no wonder you got thrown off the spelling rythm
don't think the kilometres are gonna help you much

I now imagine Sunflower going all McGonagall on us like "Why is it, when something happens, it is always you three?"
If I apologize for explaining with the wrong words, it won't be better, isn't it ? :D I want to maintain my english. I'm better at reading english than writing or speaking, and this forum is a wonderful place to practice :) Of course I'll do some mistakes, but I'll learn and at least I have reasons to try to use my english. And I enjoy that.
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #1402 on: May 14, 2015, 06:28:46 PM »
If I apologize for explaining with the wrong words, it won't be better, isn't it ? :D I want to maintain my english. I'm better at reading english than writing or speaking, and this forum is a wonderful place to practice :) Of course I'll do some mistakes, but I'll learn and at least I have reasons to try to use my english. And I enjoy that.
that's the spirit!!
also yeah sorry for going all lecturey, it's just a pet peeve that manifested recently

kahli

• Scout
« Reply #1403 on: May 14, 2015, 06:51:25 PM »
Hey, I've got a writting idea itching at my brain. I need to know how your S'onas would react to this story, How Raven stole fire.

Long ago, near the beginning of the world, Grey Eagle guarded the sun, moon, stars, water, and fire. But Grey Eagle hated people. He hated them so much that he kept these things hidden away, and the people lived in cold and darkness.

Grey Eagle had a beautiful daughter who fancied Raven, for Raven was a handsome white bird who loved Grey Eagle’s daughter in return. He was invited to the longhouse of Grey Eagle. Raven looked about the walls of the lodge and saw the sun, the moon, the stars, water, and fire.

Raven was ashamed of Grey Eagle for hiding them, and knew what he must do. When no one was watching, he stole all these things from the lodge of Grey Eagle. He flew with them right up the smoke hole of the long house. He flew and he flew, higher and higher.

He hung the sun as high as he could in the sky. It made so much light that he was able to escape all the way to an island far out in the ocean. When night fell, he flew again, this time fastening the moon up in the sky and hanging each star in its own place around the heavens. Then he flew back over the land, still carrying the water and the fire.   

When he reached the right place, he dropped the water, creating the source of all fresh water – rivers, lakes, and streams.

Raven flew on, still carrying the stick of fire in his beak. As he flew, the smoke blew back on him, turning all of his feathers the darkest black. When his beak became too hot, he dropped the fire on some rocks, concealing it within them. Still today when we strike two stones together, drops of fire will spark out.

And still today, we see the black feathers of the raven, darkened forever because he brought good things to this world.

My SSSSSona would have heard and retold this story before but still listen with interest from the corner without saying much. (And as a mage would accept it as true)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 06:55:50 PM by kahli »
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
Chapter break survivor: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

Mélusine

« Reply #1404 on: May 14, 2015, 06:55:42 PM »
that's the spirit!!
also yeah sorry for going all lecturey, it's just a pet peeve that manifested recently
All is all right, for me :)

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #1405 on: May 14, 2015, 07:01:06 PM »
Hey! I've heard that one! That would be my 'Sona's reaction, too. xD
I am of the firm belief that the First Nations peoples of Canada would still be around and kicking, especially way far up North with the Inuit and such, so stories like that would totally get tossed around the grapevine along with others. :)

I'm imagining my SI, muttering (or yelling)something very nasty in French and your SI perking up at the first proper language in forever.

Then there is loud yelling  by the people at the base because we finally know who this weird talking weirdo is.

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #1406 on: May 14, 2015, 07:03:26 PM »

Any one of us could come up with a clever idea to get us all killed, or worse, expelled?
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #1407 on: May 14, 2015, 07:32:36 PM »

I would give you a severe look over the top of my glasses... except that I was the one who requested a picture of Fimby in a bunad with a chainsaw.   8)
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Baku

• Hot Dad Squad
« Reply #1408 on: May 14, 2015, 10:02:33 PM »
Hey, I've got a writting idea itching at my brain. I need to know how your S'onas would react to this story, How Raven stole fire.

Long ago, near the beginning of the world, Grey Eagle guarded the sun, moon, stars, water, and fire. But Grey Eagle hated people. He hated them so much that he kept these things hidden away, and the people lived in cold and darkness.

Grey Eagle had a beautiful daughter who fancied Raven, for Raven was a handsome white bird who loved Grey Eagle’s daughter in return. He was invited to the longhouse of Grey Eagle. Raven looked about the walls of the lodge and saw the sun, the moon, the stars, water, and fire.

Raven was ashamed of Grey Eagle for hiding them, and knew what he must do. When no one was watching, he stole all these things from the lodge of Grey Eagle. He flew with them right up the smoke hole of the long house. He flew and he flew, higher and higher.

He hung the sun as high as he could in the sky. It made so much light that he was able to escape all the way to an island far out in the ocean. When night fell, he flew again, this time fastening the moon up in the sky and hanging each star in its own place around the heavens. Then he flew back over the land, still carrying the water and the fire.   

When he reached the right place, he dropped the water, creating the source of all fresh water – rivers, lakes, and streams.

Raven flew on, still carrying the stick of fire in his beak. As he flew, the smoke blew back on him, turning all of his feathers the darkest black. When his beak became too hot, he dropped the fire on some rocks, concealing it within them. Still today when we strike two stones together, drops of fire will spark out.

And still today, we see the black feathers of the raven, darkened forever because he brought good things to this world.

This is super late (woops), but I feel as though mine would listen with interest (although she's not a believer in creation stories like that) because of her love for fables and such, and feel sympathy towards the Raven. She'd also more than likely like to discuss the plot of the story with the other SSSSonas afterwards.
native: :usa: / learning: :germany: / some day: :denmark:
art tumblr/ flight rising/ disqus - :chap6: :chap7:

princeofdoom

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Preferred pronouns: he or they
« Reply #1409 on: May 14, 2015, 10:48:07 PM »
For story reactions:

Ilmari would probably listen while trying to keep watch (he'd probably be on guard even if he isn't technically working. He prefers to keep his normal sleep schedule/routine). Also, he'd find it interesting, but might already know a story of how humans got fire that Totally Makes More Sense.
Native :usa:
Rusty (and other issues) :japan: :france:
Learning :russia:
Starting :finland: