Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 842600 times)

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #1140 on: May 06, 2015, 10:11:01 AM »
speaking of hair, not sure whether or not to experiment on it with magic is the most adviceable of ideas

when approached by a teacher at the academy:

"You're clever enough to create spells by combining norse and finnish magic, and THIS is what you do with it?"
".................."
"......................."
".........................."
*stern staring*
"...........yes"
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 10:21:43 AM by Haiz »
you'll know where to find me.

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #1141 on: May 06, 2015, 10:16:33 AM »
The more I see, the more I think "I want to play with you too !" ^^°
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #1142 on: May 06, 2015, 10:22:41 AM »
The more I see, the more I think "I want to play with you too !" ^^°
join ussssssss

you don't need to draw, just describe who you'd be and someone might draw you ^_________^

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #1143 on: May 06, 2015, 11:45:31 AM »
join ussssssss

you don't need to draw, just describe who you'd be and someone might draw you ^_________^
Soon :)
(Oh, I would love it ^^)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #1144 on: May 06, 2015, 01:26:18 PM »
okay lemme see
row 1: Silenter, Baku, you (HOW LONG IS THE HAIR SUPPOSED TO BE)
row 2: RandomTexanReader, Lenny, Gwenno, Vafhudr
row 3: Curry, Mamelukkikala, Koalalou, either Tabeabd or Daéa Reina (both got long flowy hair and Tiny Braid so it doesn't matter in this context of Fun Hair to Draw)
row 4: KicknRun, Mithrysc

Oh, I sort of guessed as much. The hair is not really supposed to reach further than a little bit above the shoulders (anything more than that would be a bit bothersome).

Unlos

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1145 on: May 06, 2015, 02:50:53 PM »
speaking of hair, not sure whether or not to experiment on it with magic is the most adviceable of ideas

"You're clever enough to create spells by combining norse and finnish magic, and THIS is what you do with it?"
".................."
*stern staring*
"...........yes"

That is lovely, Haiz! Obviously a very adviceable idea. Great expression, great coloring and beautiful work on the brooch! All that tiny shadowing..

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
« Reply #1146 on: May 06, 2015, 03:07:41 PM »

".................."
*stern staring*
"...........yes"

You don't know how much I love this kind of hair. I think they're cool hehe
Also, that story tho Totally me in some assignatures in my school probably (?)
I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

koalalou

• Scout
  • Attention Dazzling Heywhat'sthat Dysfunction
« Reply #1147 on: May 06, 2015, 03:32:30 PM »

".................."
*stern staring*
"...........yes"

asfghasdfs omg it's so colourful and somehow looks so soft I have this insane need to pet it //sits on hands//

Boop-boop-ba-doop~

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #1148 on: May 06, 2015, 04:37:20 PM »
Oh, I sort of guessed as much. The hair is not really supposed to reach further than a little bit above the shoulders (anything more than that would be a bit bothersome).
Thanks, now it will be possible to draw your OC without a collar obscuring the hair in the future, if that's a thing that were to happen...... and as someone who has been used as a mop back when my hair reached beyond my shoulders, I have to agree

That is lovely, Haiz! Obviously a very adviceable idea. Great expression, great coloring and beautiful work on the brooch! All that tiny shadowing..
Thank you!! THANKS FOR MENTIONING THE BROOCH i cannot believe i actually decided to draw it at all, I picked up my irl brooch and thought "how hard can it be" and the answer is VERY HARD. ART ADVICE: DO NOT DRAW DECORATIVE KNOTWORK. i ended up cheating a little, but if any of you notice I will personally shake your hand and congratulate you on your decorative knotwork observation abilities

You don't know how much I love this kind of hair. I think they're cool hehe
Also, that story tho Totally me in some assignatures in my school probably (?)
ahah thanks, this is the Ideal of how I want my hair to look actually..... it was getting a little odd to draw myself/see drawings of 'me' with blonde hair

asfghasdfs omg it's so colourful and somehow looks so soft I have this insane need to pet it //sits on hands//
permission to pet my hair granted

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1149 on: May 06, 2015, 04:45:27 PM »
ahah thanks, this is the Ideal of how I want my hair to look actually..... it was getting a little odd to draw myself/see drawings of 'me' with blonde hair

You're welcome!
ANd actually, you still look awesome with blond hair but eh, it's your choice ^^
     - Adam Young

prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #1150 on: May 06, 2015, 04:57:18 PM »
ANd actually, you still look awesome with blond hair but eh, it's your choice ^^
Well, to be fair I've drawn myself with a prettier blonde colour than I actually have - not on purpose, but because I literally forgot what my real hair colour looked like. HAHA WOOPS. Turns out it's actually some kinda awful dark-grey-blonde.

But it's more about my absolute obsession with colours (i showed up in black/grey clothes at school once and everyone freaked out), I started dying colourful stripes into my hair when I was like, seven or something? and it just escalated from there. it was a harsh realization that they might not have colourful dyes in post-rash scandinavia......... and since my history of haircuts and -colours is just a bunch of experiments, it's only reasonable to think my year 90 self would blast hir hair full of colour magic at every opportunity ehe he

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1151 on: May 06, 2015, 05:10:01 PM »
Well, to be fair I've drawn myself with a prettier blonde colour than I actually have - not on purpose, but because I literally forgot what my real hair colour looked like. HAHA WOOPS. Turns out it's actually some kinda awful dark-grey-blonde.

But it's more about my absolute obsession with colours (i showed up in black/grey clothes at school once and everyone freaked out), I started dying colourful stripes into my hair when I was like, seven or something? and it just escalated from there. it was a harsh realization that they might not have colourful dyes in post-rash scandinavia......... and since my history of haircuts and -colours is just a bunch of experiments, it's only reasonable to think my year 90 self would blast hir hair full of colour magic at every opportunity ehe he

Forget Your own hair color
Awesome
Also, I want to dye my hair with some red + yellow stripes because they look cool
Everyone would be like: "WOMAN WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED TO YOUR HAIR"
And there would be me, looking at them like: "I just wanted to be more cool" face
     - Adam Young

prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

Daéa Reina

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #1152 on: May 06, 2015, 08:20:37 PM »

I love the hair. And the eyes. And the brooch. And everything.
This drawing looks a little Disney-fied! :)
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

princeofdoom

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Preferred pronouns: he or they
« Reply #1153 on: May 06, 2015, 09:47:53 PM »
AquaAurion: I feel like I focused on my own character too much. I also feel like this took too much time for what I actually got down, tho I've been busy with work. Considering I barely know anyone's characters, I hope it's at least an amusing story  :-[ I did decide some more things for Ilmari, and it was nice actually writing again.

Spoiler: show
Ilmari returned from a night scouting. Things had been relatively quiet; there had been a bright, full moon and only a few clouds out, so aside from avoiding a couple beasts in the forest, things had gone smoothly. He'd even found some berries that were probably an ok kind to eat.
It was hard telling berries apart in the dark sometimes. He'd know for sure once he'd gotten decontaminated. He got in line with other night scouts waiting for decontamination. There were a few questions about what he'd brought back, and he replied with little else than “My secret,” in Finnish-accented Norwegian.
After a thorough wash, rinse and drying, Ilmari threw on his off-duty clothing. After making an official report, he asked if the berries he'd brought back could be delivered to the kitchen when it was determined they were safe. Then he headed to the kitchen himself for some dinner, while a few others were just getting up for breakfast.

The kitchen itself was small, even for serving only part of the base. But it was sufficient for most kinds of cooking or baking anyone could wish to do.
The only other person there was Sofie Borgström, cleaning up from early breakfast. She and Ilmari had spoken a few times, usually with the help of others who could bridge the language gap, or with phrases that could be easily figured out from context. Still, she was one of the people he felt comfortable talking with and she would probably be as excited about his find as he was.
“Good morning,” he said in Norwegian, closer to her Swedish and Icelandic. She returned with what he assumed was a similar greeting. Swedish this time?
The next part was hard. He was excited about his little find, but trying to explain things without someone to help translate could be difficult. There was a silence between them both while he considered his options and she continued cleaning.
“So, I found some berries,” he said. Sofie looked confused at the sudden foreign words, despite Ilmari saying things slowly and enunciating. “BERRIES?”
Sofie looked for something to write or draw with, and handed it to Ilmari, who started doodling. Someone really should make a game like that or something; people on the various bases would probably love it. And it would get around the language barriers. But for right now, he made a very simple image of berries on a bush and a stick figure scout – him - then a second little picture of the berries, and a smiling woman – Sofie.
“Berries?” he repeated, pointing. “I found them.”
“That's good,” she replied smiling. It was a phrase that was similar in Norwegian and the other languages. She asked something else but Ilmari had to make a gesture showing he didn't know what she'd said. She drew a clock with a question mark. Then pointed at the picture of herself.
It took a moment and he wasn't sure but he figured she was wondering when they'd get to the kitchen. Or maybe when she'd get her share. He put the time they should get to the kitchen on the clock. Things would get sorted out later.
There wasn't anything else on his side to tell anyone, so he got some food and listened to Sofie talk about … something. He wasn't paying enough attention to make out details in Icelandic or Swedish. It might have been what she was planning to make for lunch, and now she was asking ... he thought she asked if he wanted something? He shrugged, figuring that was a safe reply.

After dinner, Ilmari bid Sofie “good night” even if it was after sunrise and headed to bed. When he woke up later that afternoon, he was hungry and had some time before his shift. He headed out to the kitchen.
It was pretty dead in the dining area and kitchen, but he saw a small plate of food with his name on it. There was some kind of sweet bread or something, made with the berries he'd brought back. The paper that actually had his name also had a short note, in Swedish, saying Sofie made some treats for everyone and wanted to make sure he got some. He tried a piece and bundled up the rest for his scouting shift. He'd have to go back and bring more berries the next time he could.
When Ilmari was starting work, one of the other scouts mentioned he didn't look as serious as usual that evening. “What has you in a good mood?”
“My secret,” he said. It was nice having a friend or two on the base.
Native :usa:
Rusty (and other issues) :japan: :france:
Learning :russia:
Starting :finland:

Ren

• Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #1154 on: May 07, 2015, 12:04:08 AM »
This is my first drawing for several months that was not copied free hand from another artist so I am curious about how it turned out. I really hope everyone likes it. I had to take a picture of it because my scanner is broken so I apologize for the bad quality and the eraser bits still on the page.

Learning Spanish and Norwegian

Chapter Break Survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: